If I were to tell you that the world would end in an hour...

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Schmut

Re: If I were to tell you that the world would end in an hour...

Postby Schmut » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 am UTC

She wrote:I feel ignored. But it's ok.

I saw your linky first but I'm still lurking more than I am posting. Thought that the comic was amazing, though. Best armaggedon-themed-idea EVER! So funny and so sweet.

I would take the imminent destruction of our planet as an excuse to do all the things I'm too afraid of. I'd approach every girl on the street outside and chat to each one until I find she's nowhere near the girl of my dreams; but as soon as I find someone compatible and whom I enjoy the time talking to, I shall insist we see out the end of the Earth together.
Hoping that the weather is nice and assuming that the end of the world is going to look pretty, I would go with this beatiful girl to a good viewing point and talk to her about how things could have been if only we'd met sooner and as the final moment comes, after witnessing the glory of destruction that quickly takes over all that we see, I would kiss her.

Shakleton

Postby Shakleton » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 am UTC

Schmut wrote:I would take the imminent destruction of our planet as an excuse to do all the things I'm too afraid of. I'd approach every girl on the street outside and chat to each one until I find she's nowhere near the girl of my dreams; but as soon as I find someone compatible and whom I enjoy the time talking to, I shall insist we see out the end of the Earth together.
Hoping that the weather is nice and assuming that the end of the world is going to look pretty, I would go with this beatiful girl to a good viewing point and talk to her about how things could have been if only we'd met sooner and as the final moment comes, after witnessing the glory of destruction that quickly takes over all that we see, I would kiss her.

You shoudl write a book!

Finding the girl of your dreams directly in front of your house and convincing her to die together in less than an hour.

Not really a staggering title but I think your book would soon be more popular than the friggin' BIBLE!
mikekearn wrote:You even have an appropriate shirt. Excellent.

Schmut

Postby Schmut » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:41 pm UTC

Shakleton wrote:You shoudl write a book!

Finding the girl of your dreams directly in front of your house and convincing her to die together in less than an hour.

Not really a staggering title but I think your book would soon be more popular than the friggin' BIBLE!

I wouldn't be looking for the girl of my dreams, just a girl who comes close enough. Someone to feel that initial sensation of powerful connection with. The best moments of my life have been spent in the company of girls whom I've only just met; those moments where, as we talk we feel the connection groing and there is a mutual bond of attraction to one another. It's truly amazing and is exactly what I'd want to see out the end of the Earth to.

As for writing a book, I actually do think the narrative I've laid out is a fairly decent short love story and could be presented as a unique alternative to the high-intensity action films people are more than likely to associate with armageddon. I intend to write and direct a short film in this light, just as soon as I have the time and resources.

I've seen you before, Shakleton. Love the avatar; WALL-E was THE film of last summer.

the tree

Postby the tree » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm UTC

I would run into the most crowded public area I could find and shout rude words as loud as possible. No matter how I die, I want to be sticking it to the man whilst I do so.

maninblack
Location: I'm out of my mind at the moment please leave a message after the beep.

Postby maninblack » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Meh.... like seriously that's all i have. MEH. Depending on the day and time of day i'd either go get something to eat or go to the bar and have a drink. I'm not saying like getting smashed so I don't know that it's happening, but I enjoy eating and drinking. So I'd prolly spend my last hour alone with either food or drink.

EDIT: yeah um idk for sure if it was clear with the two Mehs or not, but i really wouldn't care all that much about the world ending. Faithful Christian here.
addams wrote:It was like a game of Rugby and I was the Puck. Yeah. I was taking a beating and I was in the wrong game.
roband wrote:If this is a serious question, the answer is no.
If it's a philosophical one, I have no idea.

Fledermen64

Postby Fledermen64 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm UTC

Find a pretty lady to kiss on the mouth after telling my immediate family I loved them.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

sje46

Postby sje46 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:48 pm UTC

Socal Swimmer wrote:i would fap.

then, find the girl i like and kiss her.

finally, try cocaine.

Good luck getting it up.
If it is really that important to get in one last orgasm before you die, why not have sex? I'm sure there would be a lot of people willing to (not really, because people don't care about sex if the world is about to end).

What I would do? Walk. Maybe with people, more likely with myself. Maybe I'd go to the highest hill and watch the destruction of the city. More likely I'd just curl up in an alleyway and cry, watching people's feet hurry by. I've always wanted to die like that; seeing my death coming. I want to contemplate it, and I want to feel that sense of lack of control, and thus stop worrying. But most likely I wouldn't stop worrying.

This topic looks familiar, by the way . .. .
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Osha

Postby Osha » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:54 am UTC

She wrote:I feel ignored. But it's ok.

Hot dog! I didn't even notice your post.
And it was a very fine post too!

_V_

Postby _V_ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 am UTC

sje46 wrote:
Socal Swimmer wrote:This topic looks familiar, by the way . .. .

I actually tried to make this topic original by asking IF you would care that the world is ending, not what you would do.

That's a tad down the drain now, though.
G|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -12- - - - - -|
D|- - - - -12 - - - -15 - - - - - - - - - 15|REPEAT
A|-12-13- - 12-13 - -12-13 - -12-13 - |

PM me if you like my song.
Number of people who like my song: 2

I CAN SEE YOU

Pizzashark

Postby Pizzashark » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:07 am UTC

_V_ wrote:Be honest, and think about it--

Would you care?

Not really. Grab the nearest good looking girl and screw till the end. Barring that, masturbate furiously. I'll die with a smile on my face.
UDSA inspected, FDA approved.
Everyone wants a slice.™

Schmut

Postby Schmut » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 am UTC

Some Asshole wrote:
Barring that, masturbate furiously. I'll die with a smile on my face.

Not if you cum just before you're reduced to atoms... You'll be in that moment of minor shame that hits you every time; that moment just before you think, "fuck, where are the tissues," and imagine having that as your final thought. :|

Jeroen B

Postby Jeroen B » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:40 am UTC

I'd be pissed, I don't want the world to end yet, I don't believe in an afterlife and believe that when I die, absolutely nothing will happen.

But, I'm open-minded, I'm not saying there isn't an afterlife, I just don't believe there is. I really do hope there is one.

Now, in case I'm right, it doesn't matter at all what I do (excluding options like escaping the planet and such), but if I'm wrong it would matter (unless there is no heaven/hell concept and I'll have no memories of my life). And that's why I care, there are things I want to do in case there is an afterlife, no use in trying my luck and not doing those things if it turns out there is an afterlife, because I'll be very disappointed then, whereas if there isn't it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, I'd probably go on WoW and laugh at all the people wasting their last hour playing a game, then I'd finally run into that damned Time-Lost Proto Drake and yell at the game :(

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 pm UTC

I'd get on the phone to Nasa. See where the nearest rocket capable of getting me out of the danger zone is. I could perfect the orbit to be at the apogee at the time of the impending disaster and then fall back to earth again.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:01 pm UTC

I'd care if the world ended an hour from now. All my stuff is there.
Though, I don't think I'd believe you if you told me, unless your science was really REALLY easily understood and logical and obvious. Maybe if it were like "Oh shit, we dropped the grey goo... we have about an hour before it reaches us and kills us."
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Pizzashark

Postby Pizzashark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 am UTC

Ptolom wrote:I'd get on the phone to Nasa. See where the nearest rocket capable of getting me out of the danger zone is. I could perfect the orbit to be at the apogee at the time of the impending disaster and then fall back to earth again.

What if Earth was imploding or exploding, or the Sun was going supernova? I don't think hanging out in orbit would do much for you other than cause you to die all alone :P
Everyone wants a slice.™

Saurus33

Postby Saurus33 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 am UTC

First, I would take lots of crystal meth. Then, whatever comes to mind. I wouldn't really care should the world end-it's been kinda "meh" so far.

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 am UTC

fersrs wrote:I'd definitely care, I have no clue what's after life. It could be better, but it could be worse.
Spoiler alert:
Spoiler:
Being dead is generally worse than being alive.

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

Sharkeh

Postby Sharkeh » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 am UTC

The question asked was would I care if the world was going to end in an hour.

Fuck. Yes.

Senefen

Postby Senefen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am UTC

Drive home, eat some turkish bread, repent.

Yeah I'd care.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

I'd type faster.
500%!

scwizard

Postby scwizard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:49 pm UTC

It would mean that I wouldn't get this program finished >:(
~= scwizard =~

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:09 pm UTC

I would care. I would have another good reason why High School is meaningless.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

dev

Postby dev » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:05 pm UTC

I would find the most awesome possible way to suicide, at least i'll be gone on my own terms!
Most propably going up on a plane and jumping from 10000 feet to the ground.

Pizzashark

Postby Pizzashark » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:38 pm UTC

My personal favorite is to hop onto a crotchrocket, get on the nearest interstate, and start speeding as fast as I can. Wait for the inevitable police chase, and then slam into something very sturdy (a large signpost or bridge pylon would be ideal) going in excess of a hundred miles an hour. Preferably on live TV.
Everyone wants a slice.™

Ramirez

Postby Ramirez » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:24 pm UTC

I think I'd either go to the pub or just go back to bed.
Come on, dance for me!

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:39 pm UTC

I'd be all "To the Internet!"
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Return to “General”