SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY Thread :)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Re: SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY Thread :)

Postby apricity » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:14 pm UTC

Tomorrow I am going to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses :mrgreen:
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 pm UTC

lanicita wrote:Tomorrow I am going to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses :mrgreen:

=D
I'm happy for you =]
eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

Natael

Postby Natael » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:31 pm UTC

Gonna see Watchmen at midnight, hopefully actually get enough sleep (probably not, and will just drink tea and coffee at work all day tomorrow). Found a car, going to buy the 96' Subaru Legacy on Saturday, so I'll finally be able to go hangout with people offbase without a taxi, huzzah. I have two GURPS games going on this weekend. Also found a coworker that plays Street Fighter 4, so I have someone to talk trash to after playing the night before.

ilokoipi

Postby ilokoipi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:05 pm UTC

A happy thread! Yeay!

First of all, I'm happy because something finally happened with me and this cute boy I like. Well not much, but baby steps are the best.

I'm also happy that it's Thursday, I've only one lecture tomorrow and then it's weekend and I'm going out with my new lovely, funny, interesting friend(s).

I'm happy because our presentation went so well on Wednesday and we got some great feedback. I'm jolly proud of myself.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 pm UTC

I'm happy because I have next week almost completely off. Also, I have tomorrow off.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:14 am UTC

lanicita wrote:Tomorrow I am going to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses :mrgreen:
First - Awesome pagetopper :D What a great thing to be happy about. I hope you find something awesome, or at least get some really cool ideas!

I'm happy because you just reminded me about the fantastic dress I got at David's Bridal for my best friend's wedding, and I was totally needing something to wear next week to go out with my Granny (which I'm also super happy about!)

I'm also happy because I got a coupon to the Limited and they have this amazing a-line skirt which I've been coveting for weeks now and I can afford to get it because of said coupon! Very exciting!

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:08 am UTC

I'm not SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY, but I'm quietly happy. Lancelot called me and talked to me for about an hour when I was beginning to think he didn't care. His sweetness makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, he takes seriously the argument about angels dancing on the head of a pin. He thinks angels breakdance.

*Love*
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:42 am UTC

Happy cause I had a good flute lesson, bumped into an friend on the way home and went to his place for a bit, and will be dining out this evening. Life is good.
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 am UTC

^Hey cool, sheol is getting me a flute for my birthday. I mostly only want it so I can play Bach's Badinerie :mrgreen:

I'm happy because it's Friday night before a long weekend, and we're going to Cumulus Inc for lunch tomorrow, and to Bistro Guillaume for dinner on Sunday.

Also, we just had an earth tremor, and it wasn't scary; it was really cool. It started out shaking the doors/chairs, then it dialled down a bit and that was even cooler, because you couldn't feel it rattling exactly, but you could tell it was still shaking because it just felt really weird. Like it was not quite at a high enough frequency to feel the movement, but high enough to tickle in the tummy.

Also, I think I need the drnuk thread. Chianti really does go well with liver. No fava beans tonight, though; just a nice simple liver-and-onions :)
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 am UTC

I'm happy because I'm full of pasta and chorizo and snow peas and chicken and creamy, creamy sauce. Nommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anti-topic: I don't get a long weekend, stupid "federal institution" not taking state public holidays. :(. Only three lectures on Monday anyway, including one on egalitarianism and whether Australia is egalitarian. Seems almost ironic.

We had an earth tremor? I didn't notice. When did it happen and where were you?

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 pm UTC

I'm SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY I just finished my Chaucer paper!
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:01 pm UTC

*congrats Chai*

Now get some sleep.

I SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY because I almost made it into Meowgan's sig. Stupid sig limit.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 pm UTC

I'm happy because I just got back from a run, and for the first time since increasing the intensity of my runs since last month, this time I managed to get through the run without feeling like I was going to die. So that means next week I can increase the intensity again :D I don't know why this makes me happy, other than that it means I'm getting healthier.

I'm also happy because I got my reimbursement check for the trip I took a few weeks ago, and I love how much companies pay out for mileage. So much more money than I spent... Yay! Now I can get a cute dress :D

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:34 pm UTC

Today I played hangman with Awia's life, and found out mocha's real name. So happy. And not because Awia escaped unharmed, because we don't care all that much for him to begin with.
The Horrible Fanfare - A Journalist's blog.
bigglesworth wrote:Steve Zissou! Steve Zissou!
Will you do the fandango?

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:50 am UTC

kgirlfae wrote:
First - Awesome pagetopper :D What a great thing to be happy about. I hope you find something awesome, or at least get some really cool ideas!
I actually bought a dress! I wasn't even planning to, but it was so perfect I just had to!
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

benbw

Postby benbw » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:31 am UTC

I'm SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY because I can play the intro to New Born by Muse on piano now (Sunburn is next).
Prolly related to being SO MOTHEREFFIN HAPPY SLEEP DEPRIVED.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:32 am UTC

lanicita wrote:I actually bought a dress!
Wow! That one is so pretty! They must not have had that one a year ago when I was looking because I would have taken it in a heartbeat as well. You should totally post pictures of you in it after the wedding!

I'm happy because my new roommate just moved in this week and its fun having someone different in the apartment.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 pm UTC

Luthen wrote:Anti-topic: I don't get a long weekend, stupid "federal institution" not taking state public holidays. :(. Only three lectures on Monday anyway, including one on egalitarianism and whether Australia is egalitarian. Seems almost ironic.

We had an earth tremor? I didn't notice. When did it happen and where were you?
Damn, which mean ass-institution is that? I'll think of you when I wake from my Monday morning sleep-in :mrgreen:

The tremor happened at Korumburra at 8:55pm Friday night and was felt in most of Melbourne and various other parts of Victoria. I'm in Mitcham, and my folks said they also felt it in Yarra Junction.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:24 pm UTC

I'm so happy because I got a cool lunch with my minister. The discussion started with trying to explain Watchmen to him and got better from there. Telescopes, philosophy and a whole lot of stuff came up.

I'm so happy because I can almost sing my duet in the musical I'm in, my partner came to rehearsal for the first time (she was overseas) and we did the most skeezy cheesy acting together. It was fun.

Amarantha wrote:
Luthen wrote:Anti-topic: I don't get a long weekend, stupid "federal institution" not taking state public holidays. :(. Only three lectures on Monday anyway, including one on egalitarianism and whether Australia is egalitarian. Seems almost ironic.
Damn, which mean ass-institution is that? I'll think of you when I wake from my Monday morning sleep-in :mrgreen:
Ass-institution definitely. Uni of Melb. The lecturers aren't that happy either though. And we only started semester last week (i.e. seven days ago) so I'm not that fussed. But I have to check my trains running.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:25 am UTC

I am happy because it was a public holiday today. Lots of time to catch up on sleep/stitching/homework and generally doing things I like to do.
Also I am happy because today I have no need to post in the Rant Thread XD, I really hope it stays that way.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:01 am UTC

<nyssa> wrote:I am happy because it was a public holiday today. Lots of time to catch up on sleep/stitching/homework and generally doing things I like to do.
Also I am happy because today I have no need to post in the Rant Thread XD, I really hope it stays that way.
You can always post there to *hug* the others. Most of my posts there are for that.

I'm happy cause I have GNW, xkcd, genetics and a brooding cat (increasing order of happiness giving).

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:55 am UTC

Luthen wrote:
Amarantha wrote:
Luthen wrote:Anti-topic: I don't get a long weekend, stupid "federal institution" not taking state public holidays.
Damn, which mean ass-institution is that?
Uni of Melb.
Huh. I had no idea MU was considered a federal institution. RMIT got the day off; I wonder if that means we're a state institution, or if we're a federal institution whose VC likes days off :P
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am UTC

Luthen wrote:
<nyssa> wrote:I am happy because it was a public holiday today. Lots of time to catch up on sleep/stitching/homework and generally doing things I like to do.
You can always post there to *hug* the others. Most of my posts there are for that.

I'm happy cause I have GNW, xkcd, genetics and a brooding cat (increasing order of happiness giving).

Mmm I go in there and I just want to hug everyone and make everything better. I've just read through it and I want to do that now. *hugs people in the rant thread* especially crickets *hug*.

Also, GNW is awesome :D

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

I'm happy because last night I got to go see one of my favorite bands play, and it was easily one of the best shows I've seen them do in a while. And I got to hang out with them afterwords. OOH! and I got a picture with their guitarist and his amazingly beautiful new Ouija board guitar... beautiful... (Particularly considering that I'm rather madly in love with said guitarist and to have a picture with him... awww...)

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:03 am UTC

He's talking to me! Now I can stop stressing.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:28 pm UTC

I'm happy because I just found out that one of the pictures I took of Jinxx playing his new guitar on Sunday night was added to his "My New Toy" album on Myspace, which makes me feel like a totally awesome photographer :D

It's also my husband's birthday, so that makes me happy too!

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:52 am UTC

HawkDesigns wrote:I'm happy because I killed my parents with a vacuum.
Your avatar makes that believable.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 am UTC

My lunch today is very very happy
Spoiler:
Bento!.jpg
Bento!.jpg (59.05 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:13 am UTC

Hehe I love Bento. Thats one happy lunch :).
Below is the best Bento I've ever seen.
Spoiler:

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am UTC

Eeeeeeee that is awesome!! My favorite that I've seen so far had a Totoro (but I can't find the pic now). I am not capable of such fabulous food feats yet, but I'm practicing :)
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

PhoenixRider

Postby PhoenixRider » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:55 pm UTC

<nyssa> wrote:Hehe I love Bento. Thats one happy lunch :).
Below is the best Bento I've ever seen.
Spoiler:

Absolutely awesome!

Also, tomorrow is the weekend...YES!

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 am UTC

I'm happy because it's Friday, and I got a perfect score on my calc quiz, and we finished our chem lab in time, without having any incidents with the 12M hydrochloric acid, and then our english teacher read a poem about being happy.

That is all.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:08 am UTC

It's pouring with rain.

It's also pouring with rain on the open-air bushfire relief concerts which is just so delightfully ironic.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:14 am UTC

It's been a good week for me, my labwork has all gone really well (for a change). and best of all today, a quick and dirty experiment I did just as a prelim had massive and very significant results. Excellent potential for really cool science tm. :mrgreen:

Osha

Postby Osha » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:49 am UTC

I'm happy because I just got done with three days of work in a row. Normally it's three days in a week spaced apart. Yesterday and today there was this huge event and there were over a thousand teenagers in the building, and today they rented the ballroom 'till really late and we had to put in 1,400 chairs and do some other stuff. So I got home at 1:30.

Also, cleaning the bathrooms was lots of fun... (Spoilered for TMI that might frighten non-janitors)
Spoiler:
One stall had a pad stuck to the wall and quite a lot of blood in the toilet (I always wonder what goes through peoples heads when they decide not to flush stuff like that).

Despite all that work went great. Everyone was in a good mood (and sometimes certain people can be downright nasty), and through listening to a conversation I learned where a couple of my coworkers stood regarding transgender people. (I swear these conversations come up an inordinate amount of the time at work for some reason)

Other happy:
One of my old teachers found out I was transgender and seemed pretty enthused.
Biking home at one in the morning is kinda neat for some reason.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 am UTC

The weekend makes ma happy. New textbooks make me happy. The sky no longer falling makes me happy :)
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 am UTC

I'm happy because we finally found a local deli that sells fresh yeast and dried beans (supermarkets sark dogs' bollocks), so now we can make the crumpets and baked beans that we'd hoped to make last weekend :)

And because I've been given some great new booze for my birthday, so now I can expand my cocktail repertoire. And also a lovely hip flask for carrying top-quality malt whisky about for my friends to taste. I will convert Melbourne to single malts.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:36 am UTC

I'm happy because I ended up coming home sick from work (bleck), but wasn't sick enough to want to lie down and sleep (boring) and as a result ended up IMing one of my friends who I've never hung out with one-on-one before (he's a group friend/husband's friend) and we had a fun afternoon wandering around the mall (different one from the one where I work)

It was so much fun, and now I can totally claim he's my friend too!

Mous

Postby Mous » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:04 am UTC

I'm so happy as hell because I've got me a full ride.
One less thing to worry about.
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 am UTC

^Nice!

If I hadn't moved from Florida, I would have received a full ride to any school in the state. Oh well, at least my current university is better than any Floridian one. It's just a lot more expensive. :cry:

Return to “General”