Your Greatest Regret

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Which do you regret more?

Things you did that you wish you didn't
23%
Things you didn't do that you wish you did
77%

Total votes: 142

xyzzy
Meta-Titled

Postby xyzzy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:56 pm UTC

Where are you Roffle? They've even got Oreos in the UK now, not Graham Crackers though that I know of.

I officially approve of S'mores as one of the best foods ever.
"Wile E. Coyote was a theoretical mathematician." - Leliel
"Modern life can be so boring without elements of the bizarre or the fantastical. Hence, we have steampunk." - Me

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:21 pm UTC

XP It's already my email address.

A quick mouseover disagrees. Now sing the doom song.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Doom doom do-doom doom doomy dodoomy doom...

And that's my sign-up email. my private one--the one i send my real friends--is smoresqueen.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Therum

Postby Therum » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:08 pm UTC

Akula wrote:That really shouldn't be a regret either. Not a big one at least. A real regret would be doing nothing, eventually parting ways, and spending the rest of your life wondering if something might of been there.

Actually, no. I thought like this, but then I actually told her. Thought I could handle rejection. I was wrong.

If I had waited a few months, I would have known she wasn't interested. I jumped the gun because I thought she was moving. She hasn't yet, so instead of ruining our friendship when I did, I could have waited longer.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Your Greatest Regret

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 pm UTC

When I had the ability, I really, really regret not just getting $1000 or so together and just driving. Picking a direction and going, no plan, just "I wonder what Memphis is like today... now I know... I wonder what Huston is like... how about Pueblo, Colorado? I'll go to Idaho next, maybe.. because what the hell's in Idaho anyway?"

Stupid me not doing that. Then again, I did play a lot of video games that month.

As a complete aside, I find it funny that had I found this thread at joining, this post would have been in the exact same place.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

garren101

Postby garren101 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 am UTC

Back in High School I was hanging out with a friend at lunch, and he decided to bring along one of his friends. Turns out this friend of his is mind-bogglingly cute, incredibly smart, and overall just awesome. Instantly we hit it off and start talking all throughout lunch ignoring our mutual friend, it was amazing. A couple of days later she approaches me at my locker and asks me the seemingly innocent question "So is there anyone that you like?", unfortunately for me I was (and still am) insanely shy and introverted (especially on matters on deep personal feelings), and I froze only being able to produce a feeble "I don't know." I never got a chance to speak with her again. That was 6 years ago, I'm still single having never had a girlfriend, and I'm 22.
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 am UTC

I've taken almost every chance to do almost anything offered to me since my early teens; consequently I've done a great many things; some of which have been monumentally stupid.

Moreover when I still lived at home my parents exerted extrordinary pressure on some of my relationships; I feel that not letting one particular relationship with a girl who was also a close friend fizzle out naturally, but bowing to the pressure to end it pushed me to continue a form of relationship with somone I care very dearly about which has become both extremely intimate and meaningful but in some important aspects horribly dysfunctional. I'm not sure I regret it in the least, because I love her to bits, but I could do without the hassle sometimes.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:57 am UTC

Should've talked to her. :(
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Should've talked to her. :(

Funny, I think my take on this subject is "Shouldn't have talked to her." That would have avoided so many problems.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:22 am UTC

I regret time spent regretting things!

...I'm not being a smartass really that's the best description I have.

Cold

Postby Cold » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:59 am UTC

I regret a lot of things. One thing I regret(all the time) opting out of weight training at school. And not going to the gym. I really need to work on my upper body strength...
"Man is the cruelest animal." -Friedrich Nietzsche

DeathIsTheEnd

Postby DeathIsTheEnd » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:07 pm UTC

You are rather lucky if not going to the gym is your biggest regret.

Mine would have to be to do with a girl. We were best friends, and are still really close and I'm pretty much in love with her. I regret just not kissing her one time... Now, one moment seems perfect looking back on it, but at the time I was too shy... *sighs*

garren101

Postby garren101 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 am UTC

DeathIsTheEnd wrote:Mine would have to be to do with a girl. We were best friends, and are still really close and I'm pretty much in love with her. I regret just not kissing her one time... Now, one moment seems perfect looking back on it, but at the time I was too shy... *sighs*

I've just gone through a similar experience, though for me I never got to tell her how I felt. That one always sucks.
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 am UTC

Mine? Not having a fulfilling childhood. I sheltered and Isolated myself, and was at least mildly depressed the entire time.

Now, I don't have any fond memories of younger days. None at all. Hell, I barely remember them - I don't have any clear memories up until the start of high school. All those wasted years......

.....and somehow I feel too young to be saying that. Maybe It's cause I'm only 18. :?

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:39 am UTC

My only real regret right now (at 16, I don't have that much to regret) is not going out and doing things with people I know. I want to be comfortable going to social occasions with friends and being able to talk to new people without effectively 'acting out' conversations.
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 am UTC

my biggest regret is that a couple of days go i realized my best friend is a total dbag.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

Kyberely

Postby Kyberely » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

I regret not moving out when I had the chance. I don't live close enough to uni to go out at night without having to come back really early and I feel like i'm missing a lot of the student experience.
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:00 pm UTC

Kyberely wrote:I regret not moving out when I had the chance. I don't live close enough to uni to go out at night without having to come back really early and I feel like i'm missing a lot of the student experience.

You can always do it next year, or kip on someone's sofa.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

Return to “General”