I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 am UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Whelan wrote:'Peeps'

...there still needs to be a good monosyllable equivalent...


ISHTST: I have right of way. Don't pull out in front of me (from the other side of the road) into the same lane that I'm trying to get into whilst I am getting into that lane, especially AFTER I start crossing three lanes to get into it. And when you see this happen and you are behind me, don't get into that lane directly behind the jackass who pulled out in front of me in the first place while I am stopped because going forward would have put me in somebody else's driver's seat and mine simultaneously...I am perpendicular to that car. I am obviously not content with being in the lane I am (half) in, yet you insist on getting there first, from behind me. Seriously, Georgia drivers!? Are you on meth!?

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

...especially AFTER I start crossing three lanes to get into it....
Yeah... I, uh, stopped paying attention there, as multi-lane changes are pretty much a dick move by default.

I'm also having problems understanding what you're saying, which seems to be "Hey, assholes, don't drive like assholes while I'M driving like an asshole" as you make it sound as though the car behind you is simply following in the openings you're leaving behind as you drive across three lanes.

But it's entirely possible I'm simply mis-reading what you're saying.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:20 am UTC

I am constantly amazed this thread still exists. THIS IS MY LEGACY!

"You cannot 'play with the cat' while you are holding a baseball bat."
"Please keep your hand out of your butt while preparing food."
"You have to be older than seven to be a UFC ring girl."
"Yes, older than eight, too."
"Talk to me in two decades."

Fire Brns
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:46 am UTC

No, I cannot take 5 dollars for the 20 dollar custom sized made-in-this-state solid cowhide belt and no I can't "ignore" the sales tax. Oh you can buy it at wal-mart for 10? No, you can buy cardboard from china with a brand name on it for 15. (On a side note one of my jobs was fun today.)

But seriously, don't be afraid to ask a shopkeeper why you should choose them over their competitor, someone deserving the money will inform you about their products. If they do help you but don't mention any downsides, only rag on the competitor, or not let you leave a conversation with them then that is a bad sign.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:05 am UTC

You didn't steal that userbar, because I didn't make it.
You sure confused me, though.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 am UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
...especially AFTER I start crossing three lanes to get into it....
Yeah... I, uh, stopped paying attention there, as multi-lane changes are pretty much a dick move by default.

I'm also having problems understanding what you're saying, which seems to be "Hey, assholes, don't drive like assholes while I'M driving like an asshole" as you make it sound as though the car behind you is simply following in the openings you're leaving behind as you drive across three lanes.

But it's entirely possible I'm simply mis-reading what you're saying.

Or I was really unclear. It wasn't a multi-lane change; it was at an intersection. There was no oncoming traffic perpendicular to us three after I had been waiting a couple minutes, and the car at the other side of the same road had been there for twenty seconds.

Fire Brns
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 am UTC

@scyphozoa, because offtopic
Spoiler:
The Scyphozoa wrote:You didn't steal that userbar, because I didn't make it.
You sure confused me, though.
You were already using it and I've seen similar signatures cause confusion before so you technically had dibs.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby SurgicalSteel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 pm UTC

Sheikh al-Majaneen wrote:ISHTST: I have right of way. Don't pull out in front of me (from the other side of the road) into the same lane that I'm trying to get into whilst I am getting into that lane, especially AFTER I start crossing three lanes to get into it. And when you see this happen and you are behind me, don't get into that lane directly behind the jackass who pulled out in front of me in the first place while I am stopped because going forward would have put me in somebody else's driver's seat and mine simultaneously...I am perpendicular to that car. I am obviously not content with being in the lane I am (half) in, yet you insist on getting there first, from behind me. Seriously, Georgia drivers!? Are you on meth!?
I'm still trying to work this out in my head. It sounds like you were at an intersection, started to go forward, someone trying to make a u-turn cut you off, then someone making a right turn from the cross street almost rear-ended you because you had to stop short to avoid hitting the guy who made the u-turn?
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 am UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:
Sheikh al-Majaneen wrote:ISHTST: I have right of way. Don't pull out in front of me (from the other side of the road) into the same lane that I'm trying to get into whilst I am getting into that lane, especially AFTER I start crossing three lanes to get into it. And when you see this happen and you are behind me, don't get into that lane directly behind the jackass who pulled out in front of me in the first place while I am stopped because going forward would have put me in somebody else's driver's seat and mine simultaneously...I am perpendicular to that car. I am obviously not content with being in the lane I am (half) in, yet you insist on getting there first, from behind me. Seriously, Georgia drivers!? Are you on meth!?
I'm still trying to work this out in my head. It sounds like you were at an intersection, started to go forward, someone trying to make a u-turn cut you off, then someone making a right turn from the cross street almost rear-ended you because you had to stop short to avoid hitting the guy who made the u-turn?

Other than the u-turn, you got it. Cross street person cut me off, and a person directly behind me got right behind him after I had stopped.

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5482
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:[*]Bacon is not a drink.

Incidentally (and I haven't read this entire thread yet so this may have been spotted already), I saw a bottle of this at the deli I ate lunch at today. Yes, that label reads "Chocolate-covered maple-smoked bacon soda". I didn't have the courage to try it.... this time.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:[*]Bacon is not a drink.

Incidentally (and I haven't read this entire thread yet so this may have been spotted already), I saw a bottle of this at the deli I ate lunch at today. Yes, that label reads "Chocolate-covered maple-smoked bacon soda". I didn't have the courage to try it.... this time.

*hlorf*

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5482
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 am UTC

Oh, I also saw this on a Denny's menu once, forgot I had this pic:

Image
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Red Hal » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am UTC

ISHTST: When driving on snow-covered roads it is even more important not to tailgate the person in front; in this case, me.
IASHTST: When I slow down and indicate to allow you to pass, do not flash your lights and move even closer in an attempt to get me to speed up; I am driving at the appropriate speed for the conditions, road, vehicle and my skill set, not your agenda.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am UTC

Adding on to Red Hal's:

It went from +12 to -6 overnight. This causes ice. Please do not speed around downhill corners while drunk on icy roads, or you will cause me to have to get out of bed at THREE IN THE MORNING in order to direct traffic around you, the ambulances, the fire trucks and the police cars.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Red Hal » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Hear, hear.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm UTC

Similarly:
"It's snowing and icy and very low visibility. Why the fuck are you doing 45 in a school zone when the yellow lights are flashing!!"
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10332
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby addams » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:31 am UTC

Gear wrote:"Do not grab my sketch book out of my bag, and begin to flip through it. And, if you do so, do not complain that you are 'offended' by the content [specifically the depiction of an interracial couple holding hands] you see there. Get the fuck out."

"Humans did not exist at the same time as dinosaurs."

"You were reading over my shoulder after I repeatedly asked you to stop. Do not complain that I 'flipped the page too soon'."

I know you are complaining. I know you did not like having to wait for your friend to catch up.
Your post reminded me of the sweet joy of sharing a book with a friend.

I love that. Heads together, reading.
'Now?" For page turning.
"Move your finger." For move your finger.
Sometimes a 'Gasp'.

You are fortunate to have someone so close and comfortable that you can read from the same manuscript at the same time.
How Little Women of you.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
RollingHead
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby RollingHead » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

addams wrote:You are fortunate to have someone so close and comfortable that you can read from the same manuscript at the same time.

That didn't sound comfortable at all, actually.
Also, ISHTST but when riding a bicycle down a road that cars and buses drive on, the correct direction to point your eyes is not straight up.

User avatar
PolakoVoador
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 pm UTC
Location: Brazil

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby PolakoVoador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 pm UTC

addams wrote:
Gear wrote:"You were reading over my shoulder after I repeatedly asked you to stop. Do not complain that I 'flipped the page too soon'."

I know you are complaining. I know you did not like having to wait for your friend to catch up.
Your post reminded me of the sweet joy of sharing a book with a friend.

I love that. Heads together, reading.
'Now?" For page turning.
"Move your finger." For move your finger.
Sometimes a 'Gasp'.

You are fortunate to have someone so close and comfortable that you can read from the same manuscript at the same time.
How Little Women of you.


ISHTST but when someone have to repeatedly ask for something to stop, they're clearly no enjoying it, whatever it is.
And what do you even mean with your last line?

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Not addams, taking a guess -

"How very in the style of the protagonists of the novel Little Women of you to peruse a document at the same time as someone you are close with"
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Pingouin7
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm UTC
Location: ~/

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Pingouin7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am UTC

ISHTST: No, continually bugging me/calling me names is not going to make me want to help you.
Variant: No, threatening to spam our Facebook walls won't make us want to help you.
Dason wrote:
Kewangji wrote:I confess I am actually scared of peanuts, and tend to avoid them, given how lethal they are to some people.

I'm not. I do my part in the fight against peanuts by destroying them with my powerful teeth. Take that peanut! How does being digested feel!?

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Whelan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 am UTC

ISHTST: Stop flirting with people you're not attracted to, me!
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 3715
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby PM 2Ring » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 am UTC

Whelan wrote:ISHTST: Stop flirting with people you're not attracted to, me!

Don't you hate it when that happens? Especially when they're the new SO of a good friend. :)

cphite
Posts: 1370
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby cphite » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

"You cannot plug the power strip into itself."
- Me, to the executive vice president of the company where I worked, on why his computer wasn't starting despite being plugged into the power strip.

"It's a plug isn't it?"
- The executive vice president.

Bharrata
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:57 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Bharrata » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 am UTC

cphite wrote:"You cannot plug the power strip into itself."
- Me, to the executive vice president of the company where I worked, on why his computer wasn't starting despite being plugged into the power strip.

"It's a plug isn't it?"
- The executive vice president.


Science disagrees.

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 am UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:35 pm UTC

You actually çan plug a power strip into itself. It döesn't do anything, of course, but you çan still do it.

My US international keyboard beats your wörd fílter!

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

I prefer alternate spellings. Thay're a more accessible way to circumvent wyrdfilters.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
Eseell
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 am UTC
Location: WA

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Eseell » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm UTC

ISHTST: Embrace the madness.

Also: alternative diction is more fun than cheating with spelling.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Eseell wrote:Also: alternative diction be more fun than cheating with spelling.


I am just using a very boring way... Alternative phrasing is not always applicable.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

I wonder...

саn
thеy'rе
dоеsn't
wоrd
filtеr

BWAHAHAHAHA
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I wonder...

саn
thеy'rе
dоеsn't
wоrd
filtеr

BWAHAHAHAHA

Not having fun I see. Know what I have't tried yet? I see if I can ban people......


Heh.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I wonder...

саn
thеy'rе
dоеsn't
wоrd
filtеr

BWAHAHAHAHA

Not having fun I see. ken hwæt I have't tried yet? I see if I tin ban folk......


Heh.


I'm a bouncy sex marshmallow; I'm the very definition of "fun".
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

Eseell wrote:ISHTST: Embrace the RECKONING.

Also: alternative diction be more fun than cheating with spelling.

...meh. "wyrdfilter" is just fun to say.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 3715
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby PM 2Ring » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Mᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ꜰɪʟᴛᴇʀꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏᴠᴇʀ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ.
Aᴛ ʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ, ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ.

User avatar
cplns
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 am UTC
Location: l'astéroïde B612

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby cplns » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm UTC

ISHTST: Not liking a thing doesn't necessarily make it bad.
Corollary: Your friends liking said thing doesn't make them bad, either.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby emceng » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

If you leave your phone at your desk, either put it on silent, or make sure it doesn't ring 20 fucking times when you get a call.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby felltir » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 pm UTC

emceng wrote:If you leave your phone at your desk, either put it on silent, or make sure it doesn't ring 20 fucking times when you get a call.


This literally happened just now at my work.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
ShortChelsea
One thousand four hundred and thirty seven
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 pm UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby ShortChelsea » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm UTC

If you're posting "studies" that say men are inherently better at something than women, they had better be actual freaking scientific studies instead of something that I would use in a psych research class to make students explain what all is wrong with it. If the guy who wrote it is just some dude without certification to do research on human subjects, there's something wrong with your "study".

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby emceng » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

Telling your boss and another guy that you're smarter than everyone you work with(present company not included) is not a good way to make friends or present a good impression.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

PencilStubs
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby PencilStubs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 am UTC

Telling someone who's skinny that they need to eat more substantial foods whenever you see them eatting fruit (among other things) at lunch is as rude as telling an overweight person that they better stop eatting junk food.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests