How often do you shower or bathe?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

How often do you shower?

More than once a day
8%
Once daily
55%
Every second day
21%
Every third day
4%
Every fourth day
2%
Every fifth to seventh day
2%
Every two weeks
0%
Every 15-29 days
No votes
Monthly
5%
Less often than this poll has suggested
1%
Otter/Duck (seriously, explain how this could apply here)
3%

Total votes: 451

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Re: How often do you shower or bathe?

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 pm UTC

Every day, sometimes twice a day if I got particularly sweaty or I'm feeling ill. Once in a while I'll skip a day on the weekend, but I always feel gross when that happens.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

RollingHead

Postby RollingHead » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:37 pm UTC

I try to shower daily and wash my hair every two days, but sometimes i'm just too tired. Then i feel gross and get even less stuff done because i don't want to go outside like that.

maydayp

Postby maydayp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 am UTC

I'm not generally a very sweaty person, so I shower every 3-4 days depending on how my face and hair looks. Or sooner if I think I'm starting to stink. the only problem I've ever had is a little bit of build up on the scalp (not significant) and extra dead skin on the feet (which are rough anyways). I do wash my face daily as I'm prone to facial acne. the longest I've ever gone without a shower was a few weeks to a month years ago during summer vacation, where my grandma didn't say anything and I spent my whole time one my brother's computer.

Aightynine

Postby Aightynine » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm UTC

speising wrote:Really? How long are you showering that is has a non negligible impact on sleep time?
I mean, it takes me about 3 minutes in the morning, maybe double that for the great weekend washup with shampoo n' stuff.

I usually take about 10-15 minutes I think, but in order to feel absolutely confident that I could still be on time for class/marching band/whatever else I would need to get up a half-hour earlier than normal. I know that's not a ton of time, but it's not negligible. This is especially true since I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to being sleep deprived.
This is my Tumblr, for the curious and/or bored. It mostly consists of random things/ideas I find interesting* and pictures of my friend Catherine.

*This might include but is not limited to: science, my research experiences, gender, feminism.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:59 am UTC

whenever I feel like it/whenever I remember to. though this changes to "once a day" when I'm at my parent's house.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Tounx

Postby Tounx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 pm UTC

I don't think I could function without my daily morning shower.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm UTC

I usually take one every other day in the morning before school, but sometimes i'll be lazy and skip a day or two. By then, though, my hair is super gross and i /have/ to take a shower. I think the longest I've gone without showering is a week, maybe?
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:14 pm UTC

Each day I set my alarm clock half an hour before I need to get up. When it goes off, I make the horrible choice between an extra half hour of sleep, and cleanliness. I win about half the time-you can decide what counts as winning.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Daimon

Postby Daimon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:15 am UTC

Return to “General”