Umm... did Laura Bush kill a man? o-o

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ivora

Umm... did Laura Bush kill a man? o-o

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:53 am UTC

I can't find any reputable sources that can confirm this.

Is this just another horrible lie? Or joke?

I'm really curious!

Sir_Elderberry

Re: Umm... did Laura Bush kill a man? o-o

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:15 am UTC

Laura Bush
Ctrl-F
"murder"
Phrase not found.

Where did you hear this, exactly?
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 am UTC

Kachow. Murder isn't the right word, though. That's why we have the word manslaughter.

Did she kill someone? Yes.
Did she do it on purpose? No.
Was it a stupid mistake that she's probably spent the rest of her life regretting? Most likely.

Best to leave it alone.

Ivora - you are aware that a fucking smiley is not the correct way to end every fucking sentence, right?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:35 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Kachow. Murder isn't the right word, though. That's why we have the word manslaughter.

Did she kill someone? Yes.
Did she do it on purpose? No.
Was it a stupid mistake that she's probably spent the rest of her life regretting? Most likely.

Best to leave it alone.

Ivora - you are aware that a fucking smiley is not the correct way to end every fucking sentence, right?

Oh dear god! It's actually true?!

... I can't help but giggle a little... I feel so bad for her though! She probably won't ever get over it, huh?

Lmao! About the smiley thing, I know its not correct.... but I'm not correct. I never was....

zug

Postby zug » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 am UTC

Neither is it amusing.
Velifer wrote:Go to the top of a tower, drop a heavy weight and a photon, observe when they hit the ground.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:That's why we have the word manslaughter.

"Manslaughter" isn't the word either, as it implies intent do to harm without intent to kill. This case is "negligence resulting in the death of another person" which...is more than one word, but is the best way to describe the situation.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Hamorad

Postby Hamorad » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 am UTC

It is okay Ivora we understand you are simply an emotional person and all of your emotions happen to fall nicely into one of 22 specific smiles available to you on this fine forum.

And yeah shit happens, especially with cars. She obviously didn't mean to do it and it probably haunts her plenty without everyone getting all worked up about it.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:58 am UTC

Will wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:That's why we have the word manslaughter.

"Manslaughter" isn't the word either, as it implies intent do to harm without intent to kill. This case is "negligence resulting in the death of another person" which...is more than one word, but is the best way to describe the situation.
Hm. I thought this would be involuntary manslaughter. I see I am wrong.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:59 am UTC

Hamorad wrote:It is okay Ivora we understand you are simply an emotional person and all of your emotions happen to fall nicely into one of 22 specific smiles available to you on this fine forum.

LMAO! That's not true! There are not nearly enough emoticons here to express all of them! I say we need more!

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:02 am UTC

Dammit ST. Why did you have to go and point out the smiley thing? Now I'm always going to notice them, and it's going to annoy me.

:evil:
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Dr.Robert

Postby Dr.Robert » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am UTC

zug wrote:Neither is it amusing.

I actually enjoy it. Maybe I'm strange.

On topic: was this ever brought up during the election of bush? If it were Michelle Obama I'd imagine that we'd see headlines across fox news accusing her of murder.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:21 am UTC

Dr.Robert wrote:

On topic: was this ever brought up during the election of bush? If it were Michelle Obama I'd imagine that we'd see headlines across fox news accusing her of murder.

Lmao! Aww! Were both strange.

If this were brought up during Bush or Obama's election it would likely strongly affect how people voted... maybe neither of them would have been president! :shock:

I can't for some strange reason imagine Michelle doing this.

Al Gore as President..... Things would be so different!

Zeroignite
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Zeroignite » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 am UTC

Foed.
She/her/hers
Avatar sketched by Hazel / drawn by Amii

ThomasS

Postby ThomasS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 am UTC

Will wrote:"Manslaughter" isn't the word either, as it implies intent do to harm without intent to kill. This case is "negligence resulting in the death of another person" which...is more than one word, but is the best way to describe the situation.

Running a stop sign is an illegal act. Therefore it was manslaughter. More specifically, given the fact pattern presented by snopes, it appears that it was technically involuntary manslaughter:
In a majority of jurisdictions, however, the offense is committed when death occurs during the commission or attempted commission of a misdemeanor.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 am UTC

This is why I'm not a law talkin' guy.

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:09 am UTC

Dr.Robert wrote:

If it was Laura Bush I'd expect Family Guy to make an incredibly awkward joke about it.

OH WAIT THAT HAPPENED.
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 am UTC

No way! Family Guy made a joke about this?!

Show me please!

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:30 am UTC

ThomasS wrote:
Will wrote:"Manslaughter" isn't the word either, as it implies intent do to harm without intent to kill. This case is "negligence resulting in the death of another person" which...is more than one word, but is the best way to describe the situation.

Running a stop sign is an illegal act. Therefore it was manslaughter. More specifically, given the fact pattern presented by snopes, it appears that it was technically involuntary manslaughter:
In a majority of jurisdictions, however, the offense is committed when death occurs during the commission or attempted commission of a misdemeanor.

Over here we'd call it negligent manslaughter.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Vincent91

Postby Vincent91 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:00 pm UTC

I think the real question is: Did Glenn Beck rape and murder a young girl in 1990?

Someone had to make that reference...

Jos

Postby Jos » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:09 pm UTC

Ivora wrote:No way! Family Guy made a joke about this?! :shock:

Show me please! :D

I feel the urge to utilize violence upon your physical body rise because of the reoccuring smileys in your posts. That said, is anybody really suprised that Laura Bush managed to fuck up bad? Having all of her life hung out to the press and having enough green to fuck up bad something was bound to happen!
philsov wrote:Internets is a gift to Jos.

littlebuddy wrote:hmm... I wonder if I should call rule 34 on that hammer moderator, she probably has nice legs.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:52 pm UTC

Well, okay.. was her fuckup any worse than what most of us have done? Yes. Yes it was. But there are plenty of other teenage girls out there who've fucked up worse. I'm sure you could go and find plenty of stories of teenage girls who've been behind the wheel of single vehicle accidents that resulted in the death of multiple passengers while they, the driver, survived. And I'm sure it still affects her - making her a more calculating, more thoughtful, more prone to consider the consequences. While it's not at all a good thing that someone died for that, I fail to see how that makes the Laura Bush of now anything more than a person who fucked up pretty bad decades ago.

Not beating the shit out of George is what makes her a bad person. LAWL!

having enough green to fuck up bad something was bound to happen!
This isn't even the same as Chappaquiddick, where one could make the argument that family money and pull as well as personal pull had anything to do with it. At the time, her family wasn't one that could easily make something like this vanish nor was she particularly wealthy. She was also seven-fucking-teen. Seventeen. 17. She wasn't even out of high school. Lots of high school kids make huge fucking mistakes that cost other high school kids their lives. It happens all the damn time, and the survivor ends up with some pretty harsh psychological issues over it. This happened in 1963, and she met Georgie in 1977, so.. it's not like the Bushes made it go away either.

punkymonkey

Postby punkymonkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

Wh - what's this? .... all this red stuff... coming out of my eyes... thanks Ivora...

I had not previously heard anything about Laura Bush "killing" someone. From reading this, I guess it happened in a way.

There was a daughter of a teacher at my old high school who was leaving campus one day and accidentally hit and killed another student. She did not serve any jail time or anything, but it REALLY fucked her up. She ended up dropping out of high school and pretty much disappeared entirely after that.

I'm glad it wasn't brought up in the campaign when Bush was running, because that would have been SEVERELY fucked up. To bring up an issue which I'm sure did and continues to be very detrimental to her.
<wst> punkymonkey is actually punky. phew

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 pm UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Laura Bush
Ctrl-F
"murder"
Phrase not found.

Where did you hear this, exactly?

Is that how you do research? Have you actually, umm, read the article? It's not that long. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bush#Early_life_and_career

Ivora wrote:
Hamorad wrote:It is okay Ivora we understand you are simply an emotional person and all of your emotions happen to fall nicely into one of 22 specific smiles available to you on this fine forum.

LMAO! That's not true! There are not nearly enough emoticons here to express all of them! I say we need more! :D
They're annoying people, so it's probably better to use them a lot more sparingly than you do. No more than two per long post, I say, and not used as punctuation. The people at Forum Games probably won't care as much, but they do here.
Zeroignite wrote:Foed.
Don't be a passive-aggressive dick. Just foe them. There is no reason to tell them.

Ivora wrote:No way! Family Guy made a joke about this?! :shock:

Show me please! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khHYdgV1ny8&#t=20s

That's how I found out too. What a stupid show.

Vincent91 wrote:I think the real question is: Did Glenn Beck rape and murder a young girl in 1990?

Someone had to make that reference...
GAHHHHH
I HATE THIS MEME. Seriously, stop using this joke. It's quite over-played and the whole taking-rape-lightly thing bugs me.

Also, the whole event happened ages ago when she was 17. She isn't even an elected leader, so it doesn't matter. Like, at all.

*quiet raegquaat*
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

punkymonkey

Postby punkymonkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:*quiet raegquaat*
A "quiet" raegquaat? pfft. Weak.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 pm UTC

Just finished watching it, and it was a lot more funny then I originally thought!

Still, it would be super awkward if Laura Bush caught wind of this.... she probably already has, what with it being an old episode.

There, I fixed that for... well, me. AND I ILL DO IT EVERY TIME. -P- *abuse abuse abuse*

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:35 pm UTC

Not counting the ones in this thread, Ivora has 3 posts without an emoticon of some kind. Seriously, stop it.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

zug

Postby zug » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 pm UTC

MORE ABUSE

I like it.
Velifer wrote:Go to the top of a tower, drop a heavy weight and a photon, observe when they hit the ground.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:38 pm UTC

I'll bring the gimp suit.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

LMAO!

Your hurting my feelings now. :cry:

eternauta3k

Postby eternauta3k » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 pm UTC

Zeroignite wrote:Foed.

Foed.

Come on people, let's keep the chain going!
VectorZero wrote:It takes a real man to impact his own radius

That's right, slash your emo-wrists and spill all your emo-globin

Carnildo

Postby Carnildo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 am UTC

ThomasS wrote:

In a majority of jurisdictions, running a stop sign is a civil infraction, rather than a misdemeanor.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:03 am UTC

Is that how you do research? Have you actually, umm, read the article? It's not that long. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bush ... and_career

Man, I'll claim epic fail on my part there, because I actually scanned that section really quickly to avoid exactly that screwup, and managed to miss it. No excuse.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:28 am UTC

Actually I believe the term would be 'Negligent Homicide.' Is anyone else curious as to how something she did when she was 17, under aged, and should have been expunged form her record at 18, managed to leak it's way to the world?
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?
kapojinha wrote:You're amazing, which is why I'm going to marry you.

Angua wrote:coordinated baby attacks

punkymonkey

Postby punkymonkey » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:33 am UTC

Once you turn 18, you have to go and request for it to be sealed. Otherwise it will continue to come up on background checks.

I know that from personal experience.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:57 am UTC

Is that federal mandate, or is it state specific?
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:07 pm UTC

Ivora wrote:
Dr.Robert wrote:

Lmao! Aww! Were both strange.

If this were brought up during Bush or Obama's election it would likely strongly affect how people voted... maybe neither of them would have been president! :shock:

I can't for some strange reason imagine Michelle doing this.

Al Gore as President..... Things would be so different!

Yeah, and if it had been brought up during Bush's run CNN and NBC and MSNBC would be talking about nothing else unless it were more of a smear. I love how people think they wouldn't. Every news channel does it.
Omni.

wst

Postby wst » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm UTC

Foe'd for fucking annoying avatar.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 pm UTC

wst wrote:Foe'd for fucking annoying avatar.

Who the hell is that for?

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:31 pm UTC

Will wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:That's why we have the word manslaughter.

Which I've ALWAYS found odd, because "Manslaughter" sounds like umpteenth-degree mass murder/genocide.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 pm UTC

It does, doesn't it? Manslaughter, though, is pretty much murder without intent. Like if you recklessly fire a gun into the air, and gravity pulls the ammo into some poor kids head, that's manslaughter.

This one could go with manslaughter or negligent homicide, because her negligence in disobeying traffic laws directly created the conditions that resulted in the other man's death.

Return to “General”