Undesired traits (you wish to change about yourself)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Esperite

Undesired traits (you wish to change about yourself)

Postby Esperite » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:51 am UTC

What traits (mental or physical) would you like to change about yourself?

One thing I want to do differently is I want to continue being more comfortable being friends with girls. I'm in high school, and for most of my life I've always been uncomfortable being friends with girls. I believe this stems from when, as a young child, normal jokes/insults were about kissing/liking girls, and since I was never interested and it was viewed as negative, I tended to avoid befriending girls. This makes it hard for me to be friendly with other girls, because subconciously it seems like I'm advertising attraction towards whoever I'm with, even though I'm not.

I've gotten alot better at this, and I don't think about it much anymore, but I still sometimes, when talking with a girl, get a subconcious flash of the thought "People think you like eachother," and that makes me uncomfortable. I do my best to ignore it, but it is still something I have to conciously ignore.

So, what are your choices?
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Re: Undesired traits (you wish to change about yourself)

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:30 am UTC

Well, you do like eachother. As friends.

Anyway where do I begin...

It'd be nice if I could stop assuming everyone is lying to me. The problem is they so often are. :(

I need to beat myself with a wet towel and scream "STOP BEING SO FUCKING LAZY" in my own face until maybe I can get up at a decent hour, not waste entire weekends, etc.

Then I need to use a similar method to stop myself spending so much goddamn money on junk food and just plain junk.

Sure wish I could actually talk, instead of just mumbling and trying to avoid speaking. Some people this is no problem, but many it is, including my father. Just feels awkward for some reason...

I suspect I'm slowly developing lactose intolerance. That needs to go.

Would be nice if my hands weren't so damn shaky. People keep thinking I'm nervous as hell or on drugs when I'm just talking casually. Don't even get me started on soldering.

Should really learn to cook, draw, and play at least the piano.

Noticed my eyes have a tendency to wander to naughty places when talking to a girl. DAMMIT EYES STOP FUCKING DOING THAT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A TOOTHPICK. The sad thing is I'm not even out to "get laid" like so many of these pigs, but how are they supposed to tell when my stupid eyes keep saying the opposite? -.-

As for physical, there are a couple minor but awesome body mods I need to get around to doing, such as dying my hair. Would love if I could just stop growing facial/bodily hair entirely.
Also, there is the little problem that I'm here, and she's waaaay the fuck over there, a 12-hour drive away. That's a physical problem with myself (and/or her) that I would love to change. D:
Hell, let's just take that one step farther. The fact that I'm bound by these stupid laws of physics. That needs to change.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 am UTC

I'll compose a post about my procrastination later.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 am UTC

See, thanks largely to being involved in speech/debate/drama, I can talk, actually really well. I just wish I had a bit more inclination to socialize, because I tend not to bother investing the energy unless I'm fairly acquainted with them, meaning that, to quote someone's (possibly former) sig, there is a serious bootstrapping problem in my relations. I work it out sometimes, socializing in bursts to get myself a firm footing, and then retreating back into what I've got and not really being all that friendly to others.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Would love if I could just stop growing facial/bodily hair entirely.

Same here. I don't have enough facial hair for it to look right, and I don't want to bother shaving what little I do have.
Other "bodily" hair just gets in the way.... I miss being a little kid and not having body hair or having to think about it.

I don't really have a problem with procrastination, but I have one with priorities.
I can spend hours on end working on something that interests me, such as graphics programming, but I won't even think about a Software Engineering assignment until the day it's due.

Also, I can't keep a consistent sleep schedule. I tend to stay up about 2 hours later each night than I did the previous night. So, on Monday I might be awake from 800 to 2300, but by Friday it will slip to 10:30 to 200. By Sunday I'm already on 1400 to ... I don't know yet. I'd like to sleep tonight, but my body only gets tired when I've been awake long enough, and I can't wake up earlier because that would short me of sleep.

Fuck sleep. I want to have a superpower that allows me to function normally at 100% duty cycle without any fucking around, like a computer does.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:10 am UTC

I wish I could stop fucking swearing so fucking much
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

Cold

Postby Cold » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 am UTC

Either 1. change my wimpy body to match my head or 2. change my head to match my wimpy body
"Man is the cruelest animal." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:45 am UTC

I'd like to get rid of this social apathy. I had a circle of friends in high school that's been gradually shrinking since graduation and I can't seem to bother to get the numbers back up. Also, I can't dance to save my life. This confuses me somewhat since as a martial artist I can move in just about every way humanly possible, but when music starts I freeze up.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:14 am UTC

I wish I could quit stuttering. I enjoy meeting and befriending new people, and I'd like to do it more than I do now, but it's so damn hard when every other word gets stuck in my mouth.

Hamorad

Postby Hamorad » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:19 am UTC

It doesn't seem to matter how friendly I try to appear my body and face seem rigidly defined as "business mode" 24/7 and I apparently never seem relaxed, content, or happy to other people. It works great for impressing superiors, of course, but not so great for conveying most, you know, emotions.

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:28 am UTC

Ha, where to start...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:59 am UTC

At the beginning. Coming in at the middle usually just makes it confusing, unless you're immediately going back to the beginning and the middle bit was just to get people interested. In this case, start with the thing you most want to change. Or the most shocking sounding one that you later reveal is actually kinda mundane but at this point the person's already read half the list so they might as well finish.

I type too much.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Fledermen64

Postby Fledermen64 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Well, you do like eachother. As friends.

Anyway where do I begin...

It'd be nice if I could stop assuming everyone is lying to me. The problem is they so often are. :(

I need to beat myself with a wet towel and scream "STOP BEING SO FUCKING LAZY" in my own face until maybe I can get up at a decent hour, not waste entire weekends, etc.

Then I need to use a similar method to stop myself spending so much goddamn money on junk food and just plain junk.

Sure wish I could actually talk, instead of just mumbling and trying to avoid speaking. Some people this is no problem, but many it is, including my father. Just feels awkward for some reason...

I suspect I'm slowly developing lactose intolerance. That needs to go.

Would be nice if my hands weren't so damn shaky. People keep thinking I'm nervous as hell or on drugs when I'm just talking casually. Don't even get me started on soldering.

Should really learn to cook, draw, and play at least the piano.

Noticed my eyes have a tendency to wander to naughty places when talking to a girl. DAMMIT EYES STOP FUCKING DOING THAT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A TOOTHPICK. The sad thing is I'm not even out to "get laid" like so many of these pigs, but how are they supposed to tell when my stupid eyes keep saying the opposite? -.-

As for physical, there are a couple minor but awesome body mods I need to get around to doing, such as dying my hair. Would love if I could just stop growing facial/bodily hair entirely.
Also, there is the little problem that I'm here, and she's waaaay the fuck over there, a 12-hour drive away. That's a physical problem with myself (and/or her) that I would love to change. D:
Hell, let's just take that one step farther. The fact that I'm bound by these stupid laws of physics. That needs to change.

Get the hell out of my head. Seriously, get the fuck outa my brain. The shakes are probably what is called and Essential Tremor you can wiki it. Mine went away when i went on inderal a beta blocker for migraines. Other than that everything except the eyes wander to naughty bits are the things i like least about myself. Though i would add that i would like to be able to maintain eye contact with people as opposed to just looking away when they look at me.

Also cooking is easy to do. I would recommend watching alot of Good Eats with alton brown. The key is find something you want to make. Also let me guess you have a great ability to pick up random facts, you possibly have problems spelling / sequencing in general. People are difficult to predict but you can figure out there motives by looking at past actions. And you can never figure out when a girl is flirting with you or when they are just talking. Was i close?
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 am UTC

Cold wrote:Either 1. change my wimpy body to match my head or 2. change my head to match my wimpy body
I'm imagining an orange on a toothpick here.

I wish I were slightly less obsessed with appearing dignified. It makes it hard to relax.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 am UTC

I wish I could have more social skills, even if I lost some smarts.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm UTC

I am currently working on being less of a doormat. I am also trying to be a bit more of an activist about the issues I find important. I'll never be out there organising, but at least I'm starting to speak up a bit online and occasionally even in RL.

Cheese wrote:I'll compose a post about my procrastination later.
I see what you did there.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Eastwinn

Postby Eastwinn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:05 pm UTC

I can articulate myself pretty well, but those skills are useless when I'm dealing with someone who doesn't understand half of my vocabulary or the way I structure my sentences ("smart people talk"). I don't look down on them for not understanding me, but instead on myself for being incapable of speaking in a way that they can understand while still conveying myself to the same degree of accuracy. If I talked like I'm typing now, most of the people I know would give me a dumbfounded look. I'm already great at adjusting the way I speak when I'm dealing with different people (it's kind of funny when I screw up and they hear me "talking smart"). I just need to improve my ability to talk in a simpler way.

There are tons of other things that I want to change about myself that would belong in this thread, but I don't like spending time thinking about things that I will never actually be able to change. I prefer to spend my energy thinking about things I know I can change.
http://aselliedraws.tumblr.com/ - surreal sketches and characters.

ASmileWithoutACat

Postby ASmileWithoutACat » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:02 pm UTC

You know, I've been thinking lately about these; I think most of mine boil down to two or three:
I'm entirely too timid/cautious. I spend too much time worrying about what other people will do if I do this or that thing, and it keeps me from doing things that I want. I've started to realize in... I'm not sure. The last few months, or maybe years, that my "normal" personality may be a lot more excitable and hyperactive than I usually act- but I spent most of my time, up until my third or fourth year of college, acting restrained for fear of other people's judgment.
I'm lazy- I think this ties into being cautious (it's far too easy to just do what's expected of you), but I'm also physically, morally?, and socially lazy, I suppose: I don't get the exercise I really think I ought to, I keep an awful lot of habits that I wouldn't have, if I acted on what I think is wrong, because it would involve effort to change them, and I will retreat into my room for a week or two at a time just because I want to avoid certain social interactions that might be awkward.
And I don't understand people- this is the only thing on this list I'm not sure I could force a change in. I've always thought I made a bad impression on people, but after actively trying for the past 3-4 semesters to meet people, I don't think that's the case- I'm pretty sure I just can't *tell* what sort of impression I make, because I can't, for the most part, get inside people's heads at all, so I assume they dislike me and become terribly insecure.

I feel a bit harsh on myself now, but these are traits I've been trying to change for a while, and I like this thread: writing them down is a good thing- it pins down specific things that need change, rather than just having "Oh, I should try to do better about that" thoughts.
You know it's all beginning
To feel like pretending...

Happy yesterday to all!

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:47 pm UTC

My weight. I have to work really hard to keep my weight on the chubby side of normal. It would be nice if the dieting and exercised worked as well as it should (complicated by insulin resistance and PCOS).

I wish I could give and receive compliments more gracefully. I get very self-conscious when anyone compliments me, and I think in my head nice things about people all the time that they might like to hear, but don't know how to phrase it.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

MooglesLord

Postby MooglesLord » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:00 pm UTC

Oh Jeebus, where to begin....I guess I'll start with physical stuff, since that's easier for me to quantify, and list out.

I wish I could be somewhat attractive to the opposite sex. The only compliments and positive reactions I've had to my appearance have been about my Eyes, which are a greyish blue color. Otherwise I'm tall, insanely skinny (due to overly fast metabolism), pale, have thin hair with a large forehead, and have a small curve in my back. The curve is as fixed as it can be, and I spent two years in high school in a brace to straighten it out.

So yeah, pretty much fix all of the above.

As for emotional/social/romantic things....

I'm tired of having so many female friends. It really gets old, because the closest of them are all girls that I've had feelings for at some point. The sad part is that I was automatically friend-zoned, so I still have emotional closeness, but it's usually at the expense of constantly hearing about other's dates and boyfriends, and sexual encounters. This leaves me jealous, and I know I should say something, but i just lack the guts to do so....which is probably part of why I've always been the best friend anyway.

I wish I could be more content with myself. Since I spend so much time at home, I end up having a lot of time to dwell on my faults, the things i've messed up on, the things I'm Going to mess up on, and the things that are going poorly now. I've been looking for work since i graduated with my Associate's Degree in may, with A+, MCTS, MCDST, MCP, and CCENT certifications in the IT industry. Since I've never had any "professional" experience, job opportunities are really lacking. Compounded with the problem that most minimum wage places don't want to hire people with college degrees, it's a Huge stressor. It's lead to a lot of trouble at home too, so much so, now that my mom is sick and unable to work, that I'm losing my license/auto insurance in a few days. I'm sure if I got a job, even if it were a minimum wage job that left me no money for Myself (I have about 25k in loans I'm 2 months behind on payment wise, so fees + payment = O_O) because at least my parents would stop, and I could get out, and maybe build a social life.

I, like several others I've seen, am quite lazy. If it's something I enjoy doing, I can work on it for ages, and not notice the clock ticking. The same thing works even if I'm not interested, but can actually get a decent momentum going. It's the starting that's my problem.

I wish I could be more normal, haha. People say being normal is overrated, but I'd still like to try it anyway, even if it meant I wasn't so smart. And finally, I wish I were attractive/personable enough that a girl would like to go on a date with me. I'm 19 and never been on a date, nor had women express any interest in me whatsoever.

There's more, but I think i've already complained wayyyyy too much for the evening, so yeah xD

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

I wish I was more articulate face-to-face, so as to get across how passionate I feel about certain subjects. I think it's more to do with feeling awkward, rather than lack of vocabulary. I constantly worry what people think about me enough to trip over my words and mumble and all sorts of annoyance.

There are a lot of things I would change physically, but I figure that everyone feels that way. So rather than list them, i'd just like to become more comfortable with my level of beauty. Or at least get a higher level of opinion about how attractive I am. However, this is something i've been trying hard to improve. :)
i dare you to take me on...

WaterToFire

Postby WaterToFire » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am UTC

tin wrote:I wish I was more articulate face-to-face, so as to get across how passionate I feel about certain subjects. I think it's more to do with feeling awkward, rather than lack of vocabulary. I constantly worry what people think about me enough to trip over my words and mumble and all sorts of annoyance.
All of this applies to me

Also, is that you in your avatar pic? If so, you appear good looking. I don't see anything to worry about. Not that this is necessarily helpful.

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 am UTC

Eastwinn wrote:I can articulate myself pretty well, but those skills are useless when I'm dealing with someone who doesn't understand half of my vocabulary or the way I structure my sentences ("smart people talk"). I don't look down on them for not understanding me, but instead on myself for being incapable of speaking in a way that they can understand while still conveying myself to the same degree of accuracy. If I talked like I'm typing now, most of the people I know would give me a dumbfounded look. I'm already great at adjusting the way I speak when I'm dealing with different people (it's kind of funny when I screw up and they hear me "talking smart"). I just need to improve my ability to talk in a simpler way.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Go read this for a few days. You'll start seeing changes. It's almost maddening how simplistic everything written there is.

I wish I had a way to deal with large amounts of people, like crowded areas, etc, without either exhausting myself or melting down. Yeah, it's pretty bad. And I seem to be pretty good at most things but not really excellent at anything. I feel like I don't have any useful skills at all. And this bloody inferiority complex. I've had it forever. It's the biggest reason why I don't post much. (not just here, all the fora I've ever visited.)

The list goes on, I just can't think of any more at the moment.

Chimerathon

Postby Chimerathon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 am UTC

Deep thinker, shallow speaker. Conversation with people I have recently met is my greatest flaw, without a doubt. Almost everyone warms up to me eventually, and my lack of enemies attests to this fact, but it takes quite a while. This unfortunately means I'll have to find a woman who has unlimited patience, which to this day seems impossible.
[Enter Witty Signiture Here]
-[Enter Name Here]

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 am UTC

Fledermen64 wrote:The shakes are probably what is called and Essential Tremor you can wiki it.
Possibly, but I'm pretty sure it's part of AS.
Also cooking is easy to do. I would recommend watching alot of Good Eats with alton brown. The key is find something you want to make.
Really, I'm just too lazy to learn it. Especially since when I'm hungry, I don't want to spend an hour cooking, I want food now! And when I'm doing something (even if it's just tubing), I don't like to be interrupted, and having to leave the room for several minutes is quite an interruption.
Also let me guess you have a great ability to pick up random facts
Decently.
you possibly have problems spelling / sequencing in general.
No. I'm the best speller I know.
People are difficult to predict but you can figure out there motives by looking at past actions. And you can never figure out when a girl is flirting with you or when they are just talking.
Yes!
Was i close?
Not bad, but you didn't break the previous record.

Chimerathon, that sounds a bit like me too. On the off chance someone does feel like talking again the second time I meet them, I often can't think of anything to say. :-/
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 am UTC

WaterToFire wrote:
tin wrote:I wish I was more articulate face-to-face, so as to get across how passionate I feel about certain subjects. I think it's more to do with feeling awkward, rather than lack of vocabulary. I constantly worry what people think about me enough to trip over my words and mumble and all sorts of annoyance.
All of this applies to me

Also, is that you in your avatar pic? If so, you appear good looking. I don't see anything to worry about. Not that this is necessarily helpful.

I find that once I know someone well enough, then I don't worry as much about saying the wrong thing or mispronouncing a word.

And yes, that's me in my avatar. Thanks :)
i dare you to take me on...

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:28 am UTC

I wish I could blink and have suddenly lost 20kg (I wouldn't go looking for them again)

arcane

Postby arcane » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 pm UTC

Do I really want to go down this rabbit hole?

I ramble, a lot. Once I get started on a thought that interests me I just Ramble on, which is also my favorite song. When rambling I somewhat forget that the person I was talking to, if there was one, is even there. This tends to get annoyed looks from people because I was ignoring them if something was said.
Well really I like to ramble, just need to learn not to do it when people are talking to me.

Anxiety issues. If I could just get over the possible bad outcomes gain some courage I might start to talk to people. It leaves me frozen most of the time stuck in an argument error over what could happen, much like yesterdays comic.

I have very little confidence in myself this coupled with the anxiety, well it just ruins most new encounters.

My lower left rib cage sinks a bit into my chest, like to have that be not as such makes it hard to breathe sometimes.

Most likely more.
I do not think outside or inside it the box, there was no box to begin with.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

1) I wish I had more self confidence and trust in other people, particularly my boyfriend right now.

2) I wish I didn't have an extremely cynical, overactive imagination, which relates back to (1) because in times of low confidence I have imagined every single way my boyfriend could cheat on me. He has never done anything to give me any sort of reasonable suspicion he'd even do this, but that doesn't stop me apparently.

3) I wish I had a prettier nose... is that weird?

4) I wish I was better motivated.

5) I wish I was more responsible about my spending habits!
milk from space is good for you!

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

I wish I could find the motivation to clean up my various miscellaneous papers. And work up the nerve to throw more of them out.

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Would love if I could just stop growing facial/bodily hair entirely.
After the passage of several weeks, I am quite satisfied with my experience with laser hair removal, even if it did hurt like heck at the time.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:22 pm UTC

If I'm already in a bad mood or inclined towards not liking someone I can go from zero to Jealous in about 2 seconds. I hate it =(

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:53 pm UTC

I'd like some social skills with a side of less (or no?) social anxiety.

Also, maybe a bit of a better work ethic at things I don't like doing, but I rank this lower... possibly because I don't like those things much anyway. Honestly though I'm fairly happy with everthing but my total lack of socialness.

Apparently Anonymous

Postby Apparently Anonymous » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 pm UTC

I'd like to get rid of some of my insecurities. Oh, and my lack of ambition has to go.
And generally, I'd like to get a bit sharper around the edges. Sometimes I feel like I'm so tolerant that I have no personality at all.

Eastwinn

Postby Eastwinn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 pm UTC

Apparently Anonymous wrote:I'd like to get rid of some of my insecurities. Oh, and my lack of ambition has to go.
And generally, I'd like to get a bit sharper around the edges. Sometimes I feel like I'm so tolerant that I have no personality at all.

Try becoming publicly intolerant of other kinds of intolerance. Call people out on intolerance.
http://aselliedraws.tumblr.com/ - surreal sketches and characters.

hack124x768

Postby hack124x768 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:11 am UTC

I'm too prideful. I always have to have the last word. I LOVE talking about my accomplishments. Those all tie together and need to change.
"They must find it difficult... Those that have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey

Auwolf

Postby Auwolf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 am UTC

I wish when giving advice that I would not appear like I think I am superior. No way is that the case and I don't intentionally want to appear that way. People claim that I think I know everything. I do not want to be arrogant. I was just trying to help.. :cry:

Also I wish I could be less serious and more fun. I feel like I take things much too seriously and others think this too. I wish I could be more relaxed and happy. I feel as if I haven't felt relaxed and happy in a long time.

I'm much too concerned on what other's think and their reactions. When I just shouldn't worry at all to an extent.

I wish I didn't feel so inferior and insecure which has attributed to my low self esteem and (mild) depression? Which is one of the factors that I think are causing my grades to be so bad, that and my slackness, if I am not interested in the subject.

I wish I didn't think the worst of what's going to happen.

I hope I haven't repeated myself.

"I had a dream too. It wasn't good though. I dreamt I was a moron." -Squall Leonhart

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm UTC

hack124x768 wrote:I'm too prideful. I always have to have the last word. I LOVE talking about my accomplishments. Those all tie together and need to change.
I don't think there's anything wrong with having pride in your accomplishments.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

CJTnoir

Postby CJTnoir » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

I could go on forever with this, but I'll stick to the big stuff.

Physical-
I definitely wish I weighed less. Not necessarily skinny, since I don't think I'd look good at all at, say, a US size 4. But I'd like to lose at 4 sizes so I can be curvy and not fat.
Hair. Longer, please. Never in my life has it ever been longer than shoulder length, and it's usually been too damaged to go much beyond my ears.
Nails. Note to self: stop biting them.

Mental: I'm ambitious but lazy. Baaaad combination. I need to learn to get to work and not bum around so much on the internet.
I'm really sensitive to criticism/failure. I'm the kind of person that will get a 98% on a test and be upset about the 2 percent, and even a joking insult will leave me obsessing for years.
I should probably learn to cook eventually so I'm not 30 years old coming to mom's house for a meal every day.
I need to find something to be truly passionate about. It seems everyone else my age has a skill or a cause they dedicate themselves to, and I'm just kinda... here. I need something that will get me excited pretty much every time I think about it.
...that's awkward.

Manticorehunter

Postby Manticorehunter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm UTC

I should probably not even jump into this boat, but here goes:

Physically, I wish my hair grew faster so that when I give myself a ridiculously bad haircut it doesn't take half a year to start looking okay.
My hands are always either really hot or really cold, and they are constantly sweating. It's disgusting.
My face seems to constantly be sunburned, although I'm sure that can't actually be it. It doesn't help that I blush at the drop of a hat.
I wish that I could be more motivated to actually do my homework so I can graduate from high school. I know that the risk of being a failure for the rest of my life should be enough motivation, but... it's just not.
Also, I have to stop smiling and laughing at everything. Even when I hear a joke that is barely funny, I'll be grinning about it for 10 minutes.

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 pm UTC

I guess I have a good thread going here (yay!) I'll post some more things I'd like to change.

First, I also need to get better at homeowork. I have a hard time remembering it and a hard time getting motivated to do it. This sucks for school, and actually put me in a CP (College prep, the lowest regular class level) for my social studies. I understand the concepts and terms, it's just I hate homework. That CP class is actually maddeningly easy. For example, we had an in class assignment. I did it in about 5 minutes while the teacher explained the concepts on the board that I already knew. It took everyone else the whole period (42 minutes) to understand and finish. I get so bored in that class.

Secondly, I wish I was more comfortable socially. When I'm with my close friends I'm talkative and open, but put me near anyone else and I can hardly string together a couple words without feeling embarassed/extremely uncomfortable. It's not that I can't articulate myself well or that I sound bad, I just feel extremely off in that situation.

Another thing I was I was better at was remembering people. I have a horrible time remembering faces, and an absolutely horrendous time remembering names. I don't even know all of my close friends lasts names. With faces, I can see someone often and still manage to not recognize them. My lack of facial memory also extends to how people look in general, my subconcious just doesn't prioritize that much at all. I don't even really know how I look to other people =P.

Finally, I wish I was more decisive. I have a hard time making decisions because my mind can see the benefits/facts/truth in each side of an argument, but I have a hard time pairing them up. This ends up making mini-wars in my head over ideas, from the mundane to deep and personal. (A more mundane example: "This MtG deck will be rediculously awesome!"
"No, your just thinking that because you just designed it, thought about it, and are now ramped up about it."
"That's not it! It's going to be really fun to play this! I've though about how it works and it's hard to counter and really cool."
"You thought that last time, then you got bored. Don't spend your money on this, you're just going to be bored by next week anyway."
"Your just being cynical, I've had plenty of decks I still enjoy alot. This argument is pointless")

That just tends to go on and on until something makes me force out a decision. I do want to keep my ability to be satisfied with nearly any result though, that it a nice benefit of this indecisiveness.

Well, I've rambled enough, I'll check back and maybe post more here later.
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

Return to “General”