Australia, represent.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aussie?

Bloody oath mate.
39%
Nah, I'm off the island.
61%

Total votes: 245

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 pm UTC

I dunno...

It's jury duty.
The very essence of Justice lies on it. If you are not willing to do it, you should be sent to an island with criminals all over it and see how you like a justicless world.

A justiceless world?
Ah, Australia.
i hurd u liek mudkips???

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:54 pm UTC

lol...Where's that from?

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:39 am UTC

I kinda have my course, but the xkcd commune sounds real tempting
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:03 am UTC

so do so, just pack up your shit, and move to aus
and you can stay with those of us who have spare room in their houses/their parents house

also, hermaj, what night was happy tree friends on, i saw it a couple of times and laughed my sadistic arse off, but i can't for the life of me remember
anime is on thursday nights, or at least it was, it is no longer
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

rachel
Witch (?)

Postby rachel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:20 am UTC

So guys, who has a spare room I could come live in?

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:27 am UTC

myoumyouou wrote:so do so, just pack up your shit, and move to aus
and you can stay with those of us who have spare room in their houses/their parents house

also, hermaj, what night was happy tree friends on, i saw it a couple of times and laughed my sadistic arse off, but i can't for the life of me remember
anime is on thursday nights, or at least it was, it is no longer

Happy Tree Friends was on Thursday nights, too. It was replaced by the anime. If that is gone, I don't know what is in its place. TV GUIDE TIME, PEOPLE!

...Looks like just world movies, for a while. Hopefully it comes back soon. That was my weekly dose of Angry Kid, Harvey Birdman and Happy Tree Friends!
Last edited by hermaj on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Mac

Postby Jack Mac » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:00 am UTC

Well, I'm currently living in a granny flat in my parents' place, and I'm moving out in January next year. So!
The trick is to smuggle one of you in here, then move me out, without my parents noticing. All you need is to be blond and androgynous, and I can change my hair to look like yours. (It hasn't been cut in oh, a year and a bit, so its kinda...fluffy....by now)
xkcd commune, initiate!

That, or we could always invade and take over the Hutt River province. Though I don't know if they have the intertubes there.
(wikipedia should know what the hutt river province is, even if you don't. And plans to invade the hutt river province are never far from my mind)
<3

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:01 am UTC

I'd invade it just for the name.

<--- Star Wars nerd

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:27 am UTC

same, we could create a hutt palace style thing
and make a pit of sarlacc, thingy, that'd be awesome
and then feed people into it
yay commune (:D
everything you've ever thought about has been thought about before. think about it

Jack Mac

Postby Jack Mac » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:23 am UTC

Hmmm.
Victory.
The Hutt River province in reality fails to live up to these high standards, I unequivocably support your creation (right up until you put a giant slug in charge).
Heehee, you can just hear the evening news!
"Police have come to the conclusion that Han shot first."

"George Lucas, long time Han-denier, has retracted his views, issued a formal apology and a shiny original star wars trilogy."
<3

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:48 am UTC

weird. We have the Hutt Valley in Wellington. It's where Industrial Research is - I'm going to be doing catalysis simulations there next year.

The Hutt Empire continues to expand!

Mister 4

Postby Mister 4 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:55 am UTC

That was actually the Hutt I was thinking of (the NZ one). Both my parents are Kiwis....

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:33 am UTC

or, we could build a commune on uluru, you know, make it a massive palace thingy, built into uluru
that'd kick arse
with like, helipads etc on the roof.

or we cud just find a house or something

Ephphatha

Postby Ephphatha » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:40 am UTC

rachel wrote:So guys, who has a spare room I could come live in?
We actually do have a spare room here, surprisingly. Mum uses it as a sewing room, but she never actually sews in there.

Do you like couchbeds?
I'm not lazy, I'm just getting in early for Christmas is all...

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:41 am UTC

i too have a spare room that mother says is her sewing room, but doesn't actually sew in
and you can have two beds, cuz we've got two spare, so you could push them together to make one larger bed
wait, scratch that, thats waht i'm going to do, i need a bigger bed, (:D

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:15 am UTC

I have my room. with my bed ;) of course, it's in new zealand so not helpful to mving to aus

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 am UTC

Clearly you need to move to Australia, then. Every other Kiwi your age is doing it. :p

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:06 am UTC

oooh verysillyman's bed, oooh
is it a double bed?

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:45 pm UTC

I'm not sure what it is actually. I think it's a queen single. Maybe it'll tell me somewhere on it...

Apparently not, or not anywhere I looked. The mattress does say that it's 200x105, if anyone knows enough about beds to put that into a size.

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:36 pm UTC

Verysillyman wrote:I'm not sure what it is actually. I think it's a queen single. Maybe it'll tell me somewhere on it...

Apparently not, or not anywhere I looked. The mattress does say that it's 200x105, if anyone knows enough about beds to put that into a size.

Given that for my single bed L =/= 4/3 W (crappy student accomodation, but the sheet fits so i guess it must be fairly standard, unless they have a size called 'crappy student accomodatioj - single), i would guess you have a double? Possibly triple if you get particularly lucky :P

Dammit, my cookies just fell off my desk :(

Edit: nearly sent this as a pm :?

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

rachel
Witch (?)

Postby rachel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:13 pm UTC

Hey! VSM. You can live in someone's mother's sewing room in Australia and I can live in the other. It will be amazing. If you want, I'll even take the couch-bed, because I have no problem with couch-beds.

Teaspoon

Postby Teaspoon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 pm UTC

I think 200x105 is a "king single". A regular single is 180x80 or something puny like that. I used to have a king single. There's also such a thing as a "long single", which is about 200x80 and a "twin single" (200x120). Everything single other than the classic one is a total pain in the arse to find bedding for.

These days I have a queen. They're about 200x150. I don't know the size of a double, but I do know doubles are only 180ish long and that's too damn short for me. I've also seen a "long double" for sale once, which was the same width as a double (130?), but 200 long like a queen. I was tempted to get it because my room's little, but I realised just in time that I wouldn't be able to find any bedding that fit it so I bought the queen instead. Queens are great; they feel really roomy in terms of width, but don't take up as much room as I expected. It probably helps that I got an ensemble so I don't have a frame around it wasting space.

Why do I know so much about bed sizes? I'm not sure. Put it up to the insatiable curiosity that's so common among members of this forum. I couldn't just go and try a few beds and say "I want that one", because I'm on a quest to find out everything about everything. :D

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:00 am UTC

Teaspoon wrote:I think 200x105 is a "king single". A regular single is 180x80 or something puny like that. I used to have a king single. There's also such a thing as a "long single", which is about 200x80 and a "twin single" (200x120). Everything single other than the classic one is a total pain in the arse to find bedding for.

These days I have a queen. They're about 200x150. I don't know the size of a double, but I do know doubles are only 180ish long and that's too damn short for me. I've also seen a "long double" for sale once, which was the same width as a double (130?), but 200 long like a queen. I was tempted to get it because my room's little, but I realised just in time that I wouldn't be able to find any bedding that fit it so I bought the queen instead. Queens are great; they feel really roomy in terms of width, but don't take up as much room as I expected. It probably helps that I got an ensemble so I don't have a frame around it wasting space.

Why do I know so much about bed sizes? I'm not sure. Put it up to the insatiable curiosity that's so common among members of this forum. I couldn't just go and try a few beds and say "I want that one", because I'm on a quest to find out everything about everything. :D

Thankyou. I shall henceforth claim 'King single' as my bed size. It can fit two people so long as they cuddle :P

rachel wrote:Hey! VSM. You can live in someone's mother's sewing room in Australia and I can live in the other. It will be amazing. If you want, I'll even take the couch-bed, because I have no problem with couch-beds.

I have it too good here at home to take up in a sewing room :P I currently live in a pool house. I'm so much the wealty bachelor.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:04 am UTC

Pool house? What-what? That little shed you keep the chlorine in? :?

EDIT: Yeah, so I know you don't actually live in a shed, but I would like this "pool house" concept explained a little, maybe. :P

Verysillyman
"Do me! Do me!"

Postby Verysillyman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:30 am UTC

Well, I've only started calling it a pool house after watching "The OC". It's more or less a sleepout, but it has glass doors that open to the pool area.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:48 am UTC

Yeah, the OC was the first thing I thought of when you said "pool house". The second thing was "lucky bastard".

rachel
Witch (?)

Postby rachel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:58 am UTC

Hawknc wrote:Yeah, the OC was the first thing I thought of when you said "pool house". The second thing was "lucky bastard".

The first thing I thought of was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Did no one else think of Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:00 am UTC

I think I have only ever seen one episode of the OC, maybe two, but I will always be pretty grateful to the show for:

King
Philip
Comes
Over
For
Good
Sex.

This has helped me in every single biology exam ever.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:01 am UTC

rachel wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Yeah, the OC was the first thing I thought of when you said "pool house". The second thing was "lucky bastard".

The first thing I thought of was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Did no one else think of Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Same neighbourhood. :p

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:42 am UTC

I thought Fresh Prince, this is because I used to watch it every day upon returning home from college. That and Two Guys and a Girl.

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 am UTC

hehe pool house, awesome,
my friends parents have built her a double story sort of house/bunker
thing out the back of her house, and i'm like ZOMG!! uber jealous
its wikd, cuz its not fully built
and its been designed so its easy to climb (:D

Ephphatha

Postby Ephphatha » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:46 am UTC

Peshmerga wrote:I dunno...

It's jury duty.
The very essence of Justice lies on it. If you are not willing to do it, you should be sent to an island with criminals all over it and see how you like a justicless world.

A justiceless world?
Ah, Australia.

#262417 +(6559)- [X]

<_kr4m3r> so many fucking criminals, its bullshit
<foniks`> heh, if we sent all the criminals to some empty continent and just left them there to die
<foniks`> and showed up like 50yrs later like, "sup?"
<foniks`> whatd u think they'd say?
<FoSZoR[bg]> something along the lines of, "G`Day mate"
I'm not lazy, I'm just getting in early for Christmas is all...

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am UTC

Hehehe, one of my favourite bash.org quotes! :D

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:36 am UTC

Mister 4 wrote:That was actually the Hutt I was thinking of (the NZ one). Both my parents are Kiwis....

So im assuming you are a gay? :P

the spooner? wrote:because I'm on a quest to find out everything about everything.

In my unimaginable narcisism i decided to write a book about the world, ie, everything, in our schools "project week". Let's say i learned a few things about big bang :D
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

myoumyouou

Postby myoumyouou » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:24 pm UTC

i must say i love bash.org
it does make me laugh alot

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:53 pm UTC

hermaj wrote:King
Philip
Comes
Over
For
Good
Sex.ever.

Say what?

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:55 pm UTC

no-genius wrote:
hermaj wrote:King
Philip
Comes
Over
For
Good
Sex.ever.

Say what?

Hahaha: For non-Biologist people, and people saying "huh?"

(Domain)
Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

Orders of classification from least to most specific.

Mister 4

Postby Mister 4 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:57 pm UTC

I've always used:

King
Paul
Cried
Out
For
Good
Soup

But I had not heard of this newer, more raunchy version.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:04 am UTC

The raunch factor makes it easy to remember. Like SEXY paragraphs, in English, if anyone had those: Subject, Elaborate, eXample, whY?

thomasjmaccoll

Postby thomasjmaccoll » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:09 am UTC

we got taught the 'SEXY' method, but a much simpler method was acutally at hand for us scots, written all over our exam papers.

see the company that runs all the education stuff here is called the scottish qualifications authority, or sqa, so 'SQA' is printed on every bit of paper. one of our teachers told us just to use this as

State
Analyse

which works brilliantly, as long as you remember the elaborating bit within state.
slow down, you move too fast

Return to “General”