The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
TheChewanater
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 am UTC
Location: lol why am I still wearing a Santa suit?

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby TheChewanater » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 pm UTC

Up until today I always wondered why programming languages have both bitwise and logical operators for OR and AND (like &&/& and ||/|), but only a bitwise XOR operator, no "^^".

Then today, while I was writing a method that requires such an operator, I realized that there is, and it's "!=". I should have realized that it's the same a long time ago.
ImageImage
http://internetometer.com/give/4279
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 pm UTC

TheChewanater wrote:Up until today I always wondered why programming languages have both bitwise and logical operators for OR and AND (like &&/& and ||/|), but only a bitwise XOR operator, no "^^".

Then today, while I was writing a method that requires such an operator, I realized that there is, and it's "!=". I should have realized that it's the same a long time ago.


There are some caveats, though

1 && 2 : True
1 || 2 : True
1 != 2 : True

A consistent ^^-operator would be defined something like

Code: Select all

#define XX(A,B) ((!A)!=(!B))
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby TimelordSimone » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

I only just made the connection that clement (weather) and inclement (weather) are opposites.
Or, I only just made the connection that inclement is clement with in- to make it opposite.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
ShootTheChicken
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 am UTC
Location: America's Hat

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby ShootTheChicken » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:34 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!


Just started learning German:

Vater is father. Vater/Vader.

I think you know where this is going.

Mind = blown.
SecondTalon wrote:the Hot Freshness of Wicked Classic.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 pm UTC

ShootTheChicken wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!


Just started learning German:

Vater is father. Vater/Vader.

I think you know where this is going.

Mind = blown.


Väder means weather in Swedish. Darth Vader walks around in a giant rain coat.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Zarq » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm UTC

ShootTheChicken wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!


Just started learning German:

Vater is father. Vater/Vader.

I think you know where this is going.

Mind = blown.


In Dutch, Vader is father.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
ShootTheChicken
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 am UTC
Location: America's Hat

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby ShootTheChicken » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 pm UTC

Mind = double-blown.
SecondTalon wrote:the Hot Freshness of Wicked Classic.

User avatar
the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:46 am UTC
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby the_bandersnatch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 pm UTC

I don't think George Lucas had the Dutch word for "father" in mind when he coined the name "Vader" - likely it was the same thought process as gave us the name Darth Sidious: simply pick a negative sounding word and remove the prefix "in-".

Sadly, we the world missed out on further Sith lords titled Darth Cubus, Darth Cometax, and Darth Nuenndo.

(Yes, I stole some of these from here: http://www.bubblegun.com/topten/51to60.html)
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 pm UTC

Darth Conceivable!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5178
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Felstaff » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 pm UTC

You keep using that word. I do not think Sith means what you think Sith means.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Dream
WINNING
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:20 pm UTC
Location: The Hollow Scene Epic

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Dream » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:You keep using that word. I do not thinks it means what you thinks it means.

Ack ack ack ack ack!
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:39 am UTC


User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm UTC

Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5178
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Felstaff » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 pm UTC

I noticed that after watching Snow White and the Seven Ewarfs.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Kewangji » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*

I remember pointing this out to someone who was a fan of the books, and they proceeded to defend it and give an alternate, more elaborate way of coming up with the name. (Which, you know, might've been true, but it was still funny.)
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*


If I ever write a fantasy book, it's gonna have Prcs and Flves. Eragons I'm a bit tired off, so I probably won't have those. Though I guess I need something to threaten Iuman kind. Maybe a Casilisk?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby SurgicalSteel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:00 am UTC

I suggest Fragons or Cragons.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
Amarantha
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Amarantha » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 am UTC

"I was attacked by a bat."
"A cat?"
"No, a bat."

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Ptolom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*

I remember pointing this out to someone who was a fan of the books, and they proceeded to defend it and give an alternate, more elaborate way of coming up with the name. (Which, you know, might've been true, but it was still funny.)

Sounds a bit like Aragorn?

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:
Kewangji wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*

I remember pointing this out to someone who was a fan of the books, and they proceeded to defend it and give an alternate, more elaborate way of coming up with the name. (Which, you know, might've been true, but it was still funny.)

Sounds a bit like Aragorn?

There's... this book, see, and it's called Eragon...

It's basically Star Wars in a Tolkien-inspired setting with a few things from Dune mixed in.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:There's... this book, see, and it's called Eragon...

It's basically a more blatant naked straight up version of Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey than Star Wars in a Tolkien-inspired setting with a few things from Dune mixed in.
Fix'd.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Internetmeme
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Internetmeme » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*

Mind. Blown.
Spoiler:

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby broken_escalator » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:Eragon
Dragon

*throws small, hard objects at own head*


If I ever write a fantasy book, it's gonna have Prcs and Flves. Eragons I'm a bit tired off, so I probably won't have those. Though I guess I need something to threaten Iuman kind. Maybe a Casilisk?

I prefer the cutesy/joke spellings used in Erfworld. Dwagons, twolls, tankeroo, etc

User avatar
Dream
WINNING
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:20 pm UTC
Location: The Hollow Scene Epic

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Dream » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:50 pm UTC

You know the way everyone misquotes Bogart's line from Casablanca? They say "Play it again, Sam!" when the line is "Play it, Sam!" I always wondered why people would get that wrong in such a specific way. Well, they're not misquoting, they just aren't quoting what they think they are. There's a Woody Allen film called Play It Again, Sam, and it's about a guy who wishes he was like Bogart's characters. And that's where that comes from.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby emceng » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:16 pm UTC

Dream wrote:You know the way everyone misquotes Bogart's line from Casablanca? They say "Play it again, Sam!" when the line is "Play it, Sam!" I always wondered why people would get that wrong in such a specific way. Well, they're not misquoting, they just aren't quoting what they think they are. There's a Woody Allen film called Play It Again, Sam, and it's about a guy who wishes he was like Bogart's characters. And that's where that comes from.


Yet another reason to hate Woody Allen.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 am UTC

The Team Fortress 2 description for the half-zatoichi:

"Soldiers and Demos
Can duel with katanas
For a one-hit kill"




It's a haiku. I thought it was in three lines because of the tooltip size, never noticed it was a haiku.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
kernelpanic
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 am UTC
Location: 1.6180339x10^18 attoparsecs from Earth

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby kernelpanic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:18 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:The Team Fortress 2 description for the half-zatoichi:

"Soldiers and Demos
Can duel with katanas
For a one-hit kill"




It's a haiku. I thought it was in three lines because of the tooltip size, never noticed it was a haiku.

It isn't if you pronounce "duel" in one syllable.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

Image

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby broken_escalator » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:It's a haiku. I thought it was in three lines because of the tooltip size, never noticed it was a haiku.

All the items from that update are haikus iirc. :D

User avatar
TheChewanater
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 am UTC
Location: lol why am I still wearing a Santa suit?

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby TheChewanater » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 am UTC

the_bandersnatch wrote:I don't think George Lucas had the Dutch word for "father" in mind when he coined the name "Vader" - likely it was the same thought process as gave us the name Darth Sidious: simply pick a negative sounding word and remove the prefix "in-".

Sadly, we the world missed out on further Sith lords titled Darth Cubus, Darth Cometax, and Darth Nuenndo.

(Yes, I stole some of these from here: http://www.bubblegun.com/topten/51to60.html)

I just realized that Darth Traya is the Master of Betrayal.

EDIT: Spelling
Last edited by TheChewanater on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
http://internetometer.com/give/4279
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Steax » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 am UTC

TheChewanater wrote:
the_bandersnatch wrote:I don't think George Lucas had the Dutch word for "father" in mind when he coined the name "Vader" - likely it was the same thought process as gave us the name Darth Sidious: simply pick a negative sounding word and remove the prefix "in-".

Sadly, we the world missed out on further Sith lords titled Darth Cubus, Darth Cometax, and Darth Nuenndo.

(Yes, I stole some of these from here: http://www.bubblegun.com/topten/51to60.html)

I just realized that Darth Traya is the Mater of Betrayal.


HHINNTB: You said "Mater".

It actually happens so unnaturally often; a word that is technically the correct spelling replaces another word, and thus my brain fails to register the incorrect work (it thinks it's "correct").

But I really never realized that was what "Traya" meant. Some of the other ones, like Nihilus, are a bit.. too obvious. They should've named him Nihi or something instead.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

User avatar
Box Boy
WINNING
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Box Boy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:I remember pointing this out to someone who was a fan of the books, and they proceeded to defend it and give an alternate, more elaborate way of coming up with the name. (Which, you know, might've been true, but it was still funny.)
The one where the return of the dragon riders, marked by Eragon finding Saphira, is the end of the Era of Galbatorix's rule over Alagaësia and the beginning of a new one, thus leading to an Era now being gone because of him?
Signatures are for chumps.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Kewangji » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 am UTC

Box Boy wrote:
Kewangji wrote:I remember pointing this out to someone who was a fan of the books, and they proceeded to defend it and give an alternate, more elaborate way of coming up with the name. (Which, you know, might've been true, but it was still funny.)
The one where the return of the dragon riders, marked by Eragon finding Saphira, is the end of the Era of Galbatorix's rule over Alagaësia and the beginning of a new one, thus leading to an Era now being gone because of him?

Yeah, that one. Thankyou, fanboxboy. :)
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:39 pm UTC

The numbers counting down in the HIMYM episode "Bad News".
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

I only noticed those numbers when I read a forum post complaining about how obvious they were.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:The numbers counting down in the HIMYM episode "Bad News".

And for those of us who don't watch the show, the numbers (and their significance) would be....... what, exactly?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 pm UTC

There are numbers in the background (or sometimes very obviously in the foreground) counting down from 50 to 1, at the end of the episode. That's when
Spoiler:
Lily tells Marshal his father died of a heart attack.

Wikipedia claims they were emulating the film Drowning by Numbers.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Cloud Walker
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 am UTC
Location: Midwest, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Cloud Walker » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 pm UTC

Never watched that show, but the last couple of posts and Wiki made me want to watch that episode.

Damn. :cry:
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. - Amelia Burr

I make pretty pictures!: Photography & Video Production

User avatar
M1k3_Nix
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 pm UTC
Location: Plymouth

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby M1k3_Nix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 pm UTC

A rather appropriate anagram a friend showed me

'National rail timetables' -> ' all trains aim to be late in'

Blew my mind
SlyReaper wrote:You shouldn't poke fun at a German's sense of humour like that. A German joke is no laughing matter.


"Simply because you can breathe, doesn't mean you're alive, or that you really live"

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5178
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby Felstaff » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 am UTC

'ameretrifle' is 'A Mere Trifle', not 'Ameret Rifle', which is how I've been saying it in my head for goodness knows how long :-/
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: The "How Have I Never Noticed That Before?" thread?

Postby phlip » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:01 am UTC

I've known that for a little while, but that doesn't stop me from trying to parse it as "am eret rifle" every time I see it...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests