Worst Dreams Ever

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TimelordSimone

Re: Worst Dreams Ever

Postby TimelordSimone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:52 am UTC

I occasionally have dreams that consist of me trying to wake up, and failing. I try to get up but I can't move, so I try and call out but I can't speak.
It kind of feels like my brain has woken up but my body is still asleep or something, and it's very unsettling.

And now I'm really paranoid so I'm going to stay up for at least another hour...
I mostly lurk. Hello.

tonyt42

Postby tonyt42 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:05 am UTC

After watching war movies I often get bad dreams about being in the middle or war zones.

Very creepy.

hintss

Postby hintss » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:08 am UTC

scienceroboticspunk wrote:My most recent terrible dream had to be, chased in a forest by a killer, then break glass with my hand to get inside someplace. When I woke up my feest were wet like running on grass, and my hand was bloody. I fell back asleep and when I woke up again there were mild scratches on my hands and arms that healed in a day and my feet were wet.

how do you know you woke up?! MAYBE THIIS IS A DREAM!!! :wink:

Headshrinker

Postby Headshrinker » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:57 pm UTC

This might be offtopic but, probably the worst thing for me is when I wake up I don't really remember my dreams. But then bits of my dreams come back to me later, and I'm not really sure which are real and which are not. Normally I can tell but I get the suspisons that there have been times where I miss things and assume they are real.
Anyone with similar experiance?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm UTC

Headshrinker wrote:This might be offtopic but, probably the worst thing for me is when I wake up I don't really remember my dreams. But then bits of my dreams come back to me later, and I'm not really sure which are real and which are not. Normally I can tell but I get the suspicions that there have been times where I miss things and assume they are real.
Anyone with similar experience?
I spent my Freshman year of High School like that. While I can't say it was every night, it was often enough to seem that way : I spent the year having dreams of everything I normally did in the course of a day - wake up, shower, ride to school, various classes, uncomfortable and awkward socialization, come home, play some video games or read or something, go to sleep and... wake up for real. I had a couple of instances where I tried to carry on a conversation with someone, revisiting what we'd discussed the previous day only to find that the conversation, as boring and mundane as it was, happened completely in my dream so the other person had no idea what I was talking about. I pretty much stopped trying to restart conversations or reference things that happened previously, as I couldn't be sure if they happened or were a dream. Of course, in my dreams people referenced things that had happened either in reality or in a previous dream, so that made it extra confusing.

It would have been helpful had someone been flying around or an elephant or purple or whatever, but nooooo.. damn dreams had to obey all the laws of physics as I understand them then and now and not do anything that would let me know it was a dream.

My least favorite year of school was my Freshman year. Seems to me that I went through it twice, or at least was there for twice as long as anyone else.

Then there was my nuke dream, which I think I've told some people here, but not in a post I don't think. Had it when I was... 15, maybe? I know it was in the summer as I didn't have school in the morning, because I would have probably just told Mom I was sick and not gone in.

Walking through my house, glance out a window and see a mushroom cloud.. probably less than a quarter mile away or so. Try to run towards the basement, but the whole house gets hit by this moving wall of fire (Yeah, like in Terminator 2). And I remained asleep long enough for most of the flesh to be burned off my body before finally waking up.... and then when I do wake up, I find my entire body burning like the worst sunburn I'd ever had in my life cranked up all the way to 11. I couldn't move because the sheet was hurting when it slid across my skin, but just laying there and not moving was agony too.

Shitty, shitty, shitty dream that took about 15 minutes to mostly fade away. Took me about another two hours or so to get back to sleep. Hell, 15 or so years later I still get sympathy pain just from the memory of it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:36 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:I occasionally have dreams that consist of me trying to wake up, and failing. I try to get up but I can't move, so I try and call out but I can't speak.
It kind of feels like my brain has woken up but my body is still asleep or something, and it's very unsettling.

And now I'm really paranoid so I'm going to stay up for at least another hour...
This. I'm paralysed in bed and there's some kind of monster hanging out next to the bed. Or a family member who in reality is 50 miles away etc. Or I know my eyes are shut (but I can still 'see' my room as it is in reality, so I know I'm dreaming, but need to wake up for some really pressing reason) and I'm trying to open my eyes/sit up/cry out, oh hell anything to wake up, please let me wake up. etc. I've never had one of these dreams when someone has been in the room/bed with me, so I have no idea if I actually move or cry out.
I tend to stay awake until the following night once I've woken from those dreams.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

hintss

Postby hintss » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

I once went through a whole day as a false awakening, woke up on wednesday, thought it was thursday...

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:26 am UTC

I occasionally have dreams about nuclear weapons too. And usually I'm well within the lethal range, yet I don't die.

Most of them involve escaping a zone about to be hit by a nuke.
Oh, and this one time in a dream about nukes I set off a green-forecfield-wall-of-death-thing in an area safe of nukes...
yeah.
Spoiler:

ikrase

Postby ikrase » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:02 am UTC

Lots of dreams (mostly in past) about damaging expensive equipment or something. OFten I am then surprised when equipment is not damaged. Once had dream about family member dying, but was not sure till morning, and I saw him alive, that I was dreaming.

Once had this dream about altercation with this jackass who is tolerated by some of my "friends". He is prototypical fail-at-looking good in appearanc and does not understand that other people exist, that making death threats get you in trouble, that when somebody says something logical and not to your liking about random subject.... anyway, I dreamed that he grabbed me with inexplicable strength and swiftness and threw me in the air. I just kept going up and up and up
\
5 meters, 10 meters, 30 meters, until fall would be fatal, but I didn't start going down. I woke up at about 5 km, still rising.
[bibliography]XKVCBDOSLDMSD[/bibliography]

shaby67

Postby shaby67 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm UTC

I was in a room with many people, they all seemed like prisoners (they all wore those uniform jumpsuits, in light-gray). Most of them were bleeding. Bloody legs, bloody arms, bloody chests and heads. Suddenly of the guys pulled out a gun from nowhere and pointed at a woman near my. I reached for her and wanted to push her away, but I was to slow. He shot her in the chest. The hole was as big as a tennis-ball and the blood was streaming out. The woman died in my arms. The shooter died, too. Then I woke up.

icanflywaitno

Postby icanflywaitno » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:29 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:I occasionally have dreams that consist of me trying to wake up, and failing. I try to get up but I can't move, so I try and call out but I can't speak.

Basically what he said.

And dreams of falling, then waking up thinking you're still falling. Your body jerks and thinks its falling. I hate that feeling.

Dave_Wise

Postby Dave_Wise » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:45 pm UTC

I used to think my worst dream was the one where I wake up, over and over again. Nothing terribly shocking, you might think but I'm always slightly paralysed in the dream, it's like moving through treacle. Sometimes the dream lets me get through quite a bit of my day before it lets me wake up- again.

But I think I had a worse one the other night. It was one of those dreams you believe implicitly are real until the moment it ends. It was like a day that kept getting worse. It started off with me breaking the aerial on my radio off at the base, then my friends started mocking me one by one, I got fired, my motorbike came to pieces, and it got worse. By the end of the dream I was desparately trying to reassemble my head that had for some reason come apart. Strangely, bits were sliding together and I could somehow still see. You'd think, by this point, that I'd have twigged it was a dream. But no. In fact it took me a while after I'd woken up to convince myself that some of the stuff in the dream hadn't actually happened.
The future is always bright. Bombs generate quite substantial amounts of illumination
-a friend.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 am UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:It kind of feels like my brain has woken up but my body is still asleep or something, and it's very unsettling.

Sleep paralysis. It happens, to varying degrees, sometimes with dream imagery and sometimes not.

My usual bad dream scenario involves me trying to close or lock a door in time to keep someone from coming through it. It usually fails. Funnily enough, last night I dreamed that I did indeed get the door locked in time, and the baddie outside had to stay there while I yelled at him to go away. Heh.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

femtometer

Postby femtometer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:00 am UTC

About a week ago I dreamt that my brother had somehow died, and I was attending his funeral. Instead of a casket, however, his bloodied chopped up body parts were being displayed in one of those storage freezers with the top open. Afterwards there was a big family picture taken around the freezer, and I remember thinking that I didn't want to be in the picture because of how distasteful the funeral was and I was trying to move my way to the back but people were pushing me towards the front because I'm short.

Tachyon

Postby Tachyon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 am UTC

Dreams that are a result of real life.

For instance, getting my heart horribly broken recently, so now all my dreams consist of winning back my ex-girlfriend. Worse, the result of these dreams is that my feelings for her have gotten progressively stronger since we have not been together.

My life is shit.
I DON'T WANT NO PART A YO TIGHT ASS COUNTRY CLUB YA FREAK BITCH
~Buster

Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Woopate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:51 am UTC

I had a dream last night where I was arresting a black man, grabbed his arm to strongly, and ripped his hand off of his wrist, exposing bone. Was my first nightmare in a long time.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am UTC

Woopate wrote:I had a dream last night where I was arresting a black man, grabbed his arm to strongly, and ripped his hand off of his wrist, exposing bone. Was my first nightmare in a long time.

I've had similar, where I've been fighting someone. I somehow inflict some hideous wound like ripping their head off or punching a hole through their chest with startling ease as if they were made out of papier mache. In the truly mortifying variations of this dream, I look at the face of the person I just killed and it turns out to be one of my family.

Anyway, happy fun times in my dream last night. Everyone disappeared. One at a time, when I wasn't looking. I figured out that people couldn't disappear as long as I was observing them, but I couldn't keep my eyes on everyone and they didn't believe me. It ended up with just me and some old guy, then I blinked and he was gone too.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Woopate wrote:I had a dream last night where I was arresting a black man, grabbed his arm to strongly, and ripped his hand off of his wrist, exposing bone. Was my first nightmare in a long time.

I've had similar, where I've been fighting someone. I somehow inflict some hideous wound like ripping their head off or punching a hole through their chest with startling ease as if they were made out of papier mache. In the truly mortifying variations of this dream, I look at the face of the person I just killed and it turns out to be one of my family.

Anyway, happy fun times in my dream last night. Everyone disappeared. One at a time, when I wasn't looking. I figured out that people couldn't disappear as long as I was observing them, but I couldn't keep my eyes on everyone and they didn't believe me. It ended up with just me and some old guy, then I blinked and he was gone too.

You looked in the eyes, didn't you? Don't blink, and don't look in the eyes.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm UTC

Wrong dream. These weren't angel shaped statues.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm UTC

I have been trained in various methods of killing people. I have therefore had dreams that involve me having to use those methods on people I would rather not have to kill. There is always a good reason, and I know if I do not that someone else will. That someone else will likely not be as "kind" about it. That if I do not, everyone I know will suffer for it, not because someone else will harm them for my failure, but that my failure will directly result in tragedy occurring.

*scratches head* I'm pretty sure this makes me a sociopath.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 am UTC

Oregonaut wrote:*scratches head* I'm pretty sure this makes me a sociopath.

If it were, you likely wouldn't characterize this as a bad dream. Besides, your basic motivation for killing in the dream is empathic (that is, to spare suffering), no?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:*scratches head* I'm pretty sure this makes me a sociopath.

If it were, you likely wouldn't characterize this as a bad dream. Besides, your basic motivation for killing in the dream is empathic (that is, to spare suffering), no?

I guess it just seems too "rational" to me.
Last edited by Oregonaut on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Mr. Timms

Postby Mr. Timms » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:18 am UTC

You mean cold or calculating?

The worst dream I can remember was years ago. I had just gotten a new friend (re: only friend), and my mom was driving me to his house. The only thing wrong about that was that the highway was like a gigantic roller coaster. I really hated roller coasters.

As for other dreams, there was one a year or so back where I was at a family holiday and saw a suspicious person driving away. I started running down the street after him and pumped my arms for no reason and I was flying! Then I went back inside the house, told my grandpa, and woke up. Then there was one night when I was at an old school, and started swinging around this gigantic strawberry smoothie/ice cream/yogurt thing. I'm getting depressed, because I haven't remembered a dream about flying since.

Then there was one a few weeks ago where I learned how I would react to a nuclear attack. I was somewhere downtown where I could still see the sky well, and then sirens and alarms all started going off. It was definitely set in the future, but I started running, then I heard a screaming nuke diving down somewhere behind me. I turned and looked by peeking behind my arms, while wondering what being blown to bits would feel like (I thought it was real, obviously). Then I saw a mushroom cloud after a loud noise and woke up. I realize that if I were that close to a nuke, I would be blinded, wouldn't survive long enough to see a mushroom cloud, and wouldn't have enough time to form coherent thoughts, but apparently I was immortal in that dream.

There was another one I'm remembering about me being a mouse and living with another mouse who was a vampire, and she was trying to kill me, but I loved her and had to stay with her. (Mouse Twilight, anyone?) Eventually she got me, and a blood graphic started pouring down the screen and 'GAME OVER' appeared in big red letters. That was a weird one.

Also on the topic of dreams, sometimes when I'm lightly drifting off/dozing, it feels like I'm just lying there for an indeterminable amount of time, kind of like how it "felt" to be unconscious 4 + 1 years ago. As I was drifting off, I would suddenly hear a fast grinding, whirring noise and wake up. I have fans on all the time, could this be some form of time dilation where I hear everything around me happening in a few seconds?
Decker wrote:
nbonaparte wrote:You'll learn this around here. Everyone's pretty damn blunt.
I am not! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a huge shit.

Balesk Baj, Timeburner
Location: Wherever parallel dimension I'm currently living in...

Postby Balesk Baj, Timeburner » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:57 am UTC

I remember when I was a child that I frequently dream that I was in a very, very large room, so large that it was as large as the universe. It was pitch black, and I was at one side of the universe and at the other side are billions of rainbow-colored spikes. Then I will fall into the spikes at an accelerating speed, and I will wake up when I hit the towering spikes. When I wake up, my arm will suddenly shake. I stopped having these dreams when I reached 10 years old or so.
Magnanimous wrote:I'd have a giant I Tetris piece shoved down my throat, after which my neck will flash and disappear.

King Author

Postby King Author » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

The second scariest dream I ever had (I won't tell you the first; it'll ruin the charade) involved Gannondorf on his black Gerudo steed, doing his rear-up and shot of magic like in Ocarina of Time, at me in my living room. For some reason, I was scared shitless.

The worst recurring element that I often have in dreams are my teeth falling out, because I never know that I'm in a dream when it happens, and I fear painful and expensive dental work to a large degree.

The worst dream I've ever had is a series of dreams; each as bad as the others. In these dreams, I find my long-lost love and we get together. Why's that so bad? Because when I wake up, for a few seconds, I think it's true. Then I realize it was just a dream. It's really depressing to think you've found happiness after so many years, only to have it ripped away from you suddenly. Being the fool I am, I still hope for those dreams, because I want to see her. What a fool's game, love.
I have signitures disabled. If you do, too...you can't read this, so nevermind >_>

Delicious Gausman

Postby Delicious Gausman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 pm UTC

I had a dream where one of my closest friends was trying to convince me to use Yahoo! instead of Google for web searches. Never have I experienced so much anger while being asleep!

Tiem

Postby Tiem » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:55 am UTC

The worst dream I've ever had is a series of dreams; each as bad as the others. In these dreams, I find my long-lost love and we get together. Why's that so bad? Because when I wake up, for a few seconds, I think it's true. Then I realize it was just a dream. It's really depressing to think you've found happiness after so many years, only to have it ripped away from you suddenly. Being the fool I am, I still hope for those dreams, because I want to see her. What a fool's game, love.

That....that sounds like potential for a very beautiful xkcd comic. It's also terribly sad. :(

I used to have a dream where I see a brutally abused girl in a cage, being kept prisoner. She has wings, but they're broken, so she can't fly away. She has no identity, no face. But she's....crying, somehow. She's clutching the bars of the cage, staring at me with that blank face, just silently pleading for me to do something. And I just stand there, watching her, never helping, just...watching her. And I know that she doesn't get a happy ending. I know that she's going to die. Yet I still don't do anything. :|
To do list:

-kidnap Randall
-take his hands
-hire Eames from Inception
-make nachos

drixoman

Postby drixoman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 am UTC

I don't know if it's was my worst dream but once I dreamt of seeing my computer rebooting randomly by itself...and the worst part was the focus was on the POST screen--I can actually see the stuff showing and going...

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 pm UTC

King Author wrote:The worst dream I've ever had is a series of dreams; each as bad as the others. In these dreams, I find my long-lost love and we get together. Why's that so bad? Because when I wake up, for a few seconds, I think it's true. Then I realize it was just a dream. It's really depressing to think you've found happiness after so many years, only to have it ripped away from you suddenly. Being the fool I am, I still hope for those dreams, because I want to see her. What a fool's game, love.

I also have that dream :( It sucks, yet whenever I go to sleep, I kinda hope I will dream it again.

edit: I thought there was already an xkcd about it, but I was probably thinking of this one:

edit2:
this one touches the subject too
(yes, I'm going through all of them)

Tiem wrote:I used to have a dream where I see a brutally abused girl in a cage, being kept prisoner. She has wings, but they're broken, so she can't fly away. She has no identity, no face. But she's....crying, somehow. She's clutching the bars of the cage, staring at me with that blank face, just silently pleading for me to do something. And I just stand there, watching her, never helping, just...watching her. And I know that she doesn't get a happy ending. I know that she's going to die. Yet I still don't do anything. :|

Holy mother of Cthulhu! Except for the wings, I've had the exact same dream.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Sanjuricus

The worst bad dream you've been glad to wake up from?

Postby Sanjuricus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 pm UTC

Inspired by a very recent Stephen Fry tweet expressing his relief at having woken up from a horrendous nightmare, I find my curiosity piqued.

Tell me about the worst nightmare you've ever had and your feeling of relief at having woken up from it....

I can't remember too much detail about mine apart from the last few minutes just prior to becoming lucid and waking....but anyway, I had been in a fight at a nightclub, (I think they might have been vamps or werewolves or something like that, definitely not normal people) and had ended up having to kill someone out of self preservation (JuJitsu blackbelt :) ).
From this point on, things started getting real f*****d up. Everyone I told about what had happened inexplicably turned on me, whether physically or with threats of informing the law etc so they had to go as well. I wasn't far off being a mass murderer, most people I work with were either dead or had fled my righteous wrath!!!. The only person who stood by me was my wife...and then things took a turn for the worse when about 8 Police cars with fire arms squads in them screeched up to my house and surrounded it. I was up in the bedroom when I heard the door get smashed in and police storm the house. They got me and started to lead me downstairs...I looked over to my wife who was crying and screaming and started to think about how f'ed I actually was...the consequences of my actions zipped through my mind and the full weight of what I had done suddenly came crashing down on me. I started crying, really crying thinking about how much I had hurt the people around me and then, in an instant I had the sudden realisation that this was a dream and that actually everything was OK. I managed to look up at the officer who was leading me out of my house, I smiled at him and woke up.
I felt kinda weird for a few days after that, kind of like there was something looming over me. It eventually passed but man did it screw me up for while!!!
Mostly kind of almost...ish.

Menacing Spike

Re: The worst bad dream you've been glad to wake up from?

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 pm UTC

My worst nightmares are abstract. The only consistent part is that they are guilt and worthlessness based.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm UTC

See, mine are all a lot more mundane than that.

I had one dream that my young cousin (who was about 2 at the time) had died of some medical complication. It was quite matter of fact, and took me a while on waking up to realise it wasn't true (which was quite a relief)

More recently, I had a dream in which my SO had managed to fall off their balcony; in the dream, I just couldn't get in touch, and given the 800 mile distance I had no other way of knowing what was happening, and was trying to frantically get in touch with friends, relatives etc, all of who in dream had no idea who I was and thus wouldn't give me information.

I also had a pretty awful dream where I walked into the kitchen to find my housemates discussing each of my flaws in detail.

...all of the above were dreams I was exceptionally glad to wake up from.

TimelordSimone

Postby TimelordSimone » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

I once had a dream where my brother got killed by a Dalek. There was a bunch of people (my brother included) on a beach, and the Dalek came out of the sea and shot him, and I woke up and was freaking out for probably about ten minutes before my poor sleep addled mind realised that Daleks aren't even real and this didn't really just happen.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Aightynine

Postby Aightynine » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

I'm not entirely sure if this is the worst ever, but recently, in the same night, I had two separate dreams about the beginning of the apocalypse. The first one involved zombies--I know many people love zombie plots, but I am definitely not one of them. They freak me out. I woke up from that one frightened that there was a zombie waiting for me behind my door. However, I do know that zombies don't exist, so I wasn't motivated enough to actually go check. Eventually I fell back to sleep. The second dream involved murderous (and anthropomorphic? I can't remember) alligators who were destroying my town and wreaking havoc everywhere. At the end, one of them (I think it was one of them, anyway, I guess it could've been a traitorous human) slashed my chest from the base of my neck in a straight line between my breasts and I died and woke up*. I guess I was relieved to realize that I wasn't dead, but it took being awake and out of bed in the real world for a bit for me to really feel better.

*This sentence sounds really ridiculous, I know, but I can't think of how to describe the scene any better. My apologies. (EDIT: Made it a little better, I guess. Thanks, Menacing Spike ;))
Last edited by Aightynine on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
This is my Tumblr, for the curious and/or bored. It mostly consists of random things/ideas I find interesting* and pictures of my friend Catherine.

*This might include but is not limited to: science, my research experiences, gender, feminism.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 pm UTC

I'm not someone who regularly remembers his dreams, but there was one when I was in middle school or so that stuck with me for a ridiculously long time. I was a detective, tracking down a serial killer. I remember that said serial killer had a hockey mask like Jason, but killed with a sword. I seem to recall that he wore a cape as well. (Keep in mind that this was 20+ years ago. Probably more like 25.)

Anyways, in my dream, I came home at the end of the day and looked out my bedroom window into our back yard, and saw the serial killer. He jumped through the window, we struggled, he overpowered me, and I woke up right before he drove the sword through my heart.

I spent the rest of the night playing chess with myself to try to calm myself down (hi, I'm a nerd) and it was months before I would look out that window around dusk.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:24 pm UTC

Aightynine wrote:*This sentence sounds really ridiculous, I know, but I can't think of how to describe the scene any better. My apologies.

I kinda drifted off reading your post, closed the tab, then registered "boobs" and opened it again.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm UTC

Aightynine wrote: At the end, one of them (I think it was one of them, anyway, I guess it could've been a traitorous human) slashed my chest from the base of my neck in a straight line between my breasts and I died and woke up*.
Maybe "slashed me straight down my sternum"? Or is that not accurate?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Aightynine

Postby Aightynine » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Aightynine wrote: At the end, one of them (I think it was one of them, anyway, I guess it could've been a traitorous human) slashed my chest from the base of my neck in a straight line between my breasts and I died and woke up*.
Maybe "slashed me straight down my sternum"? Or is that not accurate?

Yeah, I guess that's what I meant. I forgot about that word. Thanks ^-^; Either way, though, it was pretty freaky. I really wish that you could pick which parts of dreams you remember and which you don't, because I'd like to forget that if I could. :?
This is my Tumblr, for the curious and/or bored. It mostly consists of random things/ideas I find interesting* and pictures of my friend Catherine.

*This might include but is not limited to: science, my research experiences, gender, feminism.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 am UTC

These creatures that looked the way the Ra'zac do in the Eragon video game were running around. They also had these weird grabby shooty things that shoot out of their bodies, hit someone, and retract. These cause severe wounds. Also they tended to prefer to shoot them at the lower orifices. They would also cause pain to whatever part of your body they looked at, and if they looked into your eyes, they could cause you to pass out or die. We tried hiding in a closet, but the door didn't reach the floor so they looked at our feet, making us unable to stand.

The same night, I had another dream where there was a new girl at school named Marcy. (Apparently my brain thought that was a real name.) She spelled it M6rcy. And it was frequently pronounced "mercy". Ironically. Because every day at school, she would kill one student, and take their form. She would take the form of anyone she had killed when necessary. I think she attacked me, or I was seeing through some other victim's eyes like some sort of flashback. The victim was on the ground, M6rcy giving some sort of This Is Why You Suck speech.

Also that same night was a dream about a talking duck who had been injured and had some body parts replaced by robotic parts, then later the living parts died but he was still conscious but had given up the will to live. A bear was then encouraging him to go on, and then the duck got up and started to shoot bad guys with lasers. I wouldn't call that last one a nightmare, but it was a little morbid and in the same night as the other two. I didn't even wake up between these. I think there was a fourth morbid dream that night, but I don't remember it.

I wasn't actually "glad to wake up", I just don't have nightmares often and these were all I could think of.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

rigwarl

Postby rigwarl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm UTC

I had a dream once where someone was torturing by electrocuting me telepathically. It was actually really painful even though I knew it was a dream and I couldn't make myself wake up. Fortunately this has never occurred again, but damn...

Return to “General”