Your Amazing Superpower

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Invisible Queen

Postby Invisible Queen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:42 pm UTC

Actually, my power doesn't kick in when I see that. The jump is cut and seen from several different angles, and I've been unable to see any moment where physics doesn't agree with what the bus is doing at that particular moment.

Any ape could see the jump is too long for the speed the bus has at the moment it makes the jump, though.
"Everything a person can imagine is a concievable reality."

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:19 pm UTC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9tEAMLOupKs

Of course, someone has studied this. The video concludes that a 5 degree incline will make the 50-ft jump. The part that I remembered rolling my eyes at is the way the front of the bus pops up at the edge of the jump.

Invisible Queen

Postby Invisible Queen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:50 pm UTC

Now that you mention it (and I saw the clip from the film), yeah, it's as if the bus suddenly gained thousands of horsepowers and stood on its back wheels the moment after the front wheels left the ramp.
"Everything a person can imagine is a concievable reality."

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:06 pm UTC

I am immune to sickness!

Hey thats a real superpower, yuss!
=]

Aoeniac

Postby Aoeniac » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 pm UTC

I can misquote things better than they were before.

I can reach under my ribcage and prod my lungs and heart.

I can watch grass grow.

I can fake enthusiasm.

I smell pretty.

I can bend my elbows backwards.

I can make car alarms go off...

I can drive exceptionally poorly.

I can inexplicably feel like slowing down only to pass a police car minutes later.
Class: 12th level Epiphenomenalist Alignment: Rational

hirovox

Postby hirovox » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:50 pm UTC

My powers only seem to come out at night, just like my poor, misunderstood idol, Night Girl. At least she got to be a Substitute Legionnaire....*sigh*

Anyways, at night my skills suddenly become two million times better. And to that end, I can sharpen pencils faster than anybody else on the planet, type faster, and make coherent conversation...but only at night!

In the daytime, I revert back to my garden-slug-in-human-guise form. It's kinda sad, but true.

Fight on, Night Girl! Fight on!

Box Boy
WINNING

Re: Your Amazing Superpower

Postby Box Boy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:09 am UTC

I'm a sponge for random trivia information. I can tell you off the top of my head the highest price ever payed by a uroligist for a penis ($40,000, for Napolean's), I can tell you the year a LOT of celebrities died, I can remember dozens of in-jokes without having them explained as I just remeber when people laugh at certain phrases, etc.....
It's pretty annoying at times, especially since I have a habit of hearing what people are talking about even when I'm not in the conversation (Not exactly super hearing, I'm just good at listening to multiple sources of sound) and I later bring it up thinking they'd told me about it.
Signatures are for chumps.

guyy

Postby guyy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:45 am UTC

I have the mysterious power of the inverse learning curve; I do well at things I've never done before, then after some practice, I quickly begin to suck horribly:

Spoiler:
crapcurve.jpg
I also have the power of creating mind-squishingly awful visual aids.
crapcurve.jpg (17.9 KiB) Viewed 1471 times

And, I can remember everything I've thought about for the past week or so (which is a lot of things), but not the name of someone I met ten seconds ago.

screech

Postby screech » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

I once had the power to tell you what any Magic: The Gathering card did if you named it. I probably can't do that perfectly anymore, since I stopped playing a couple of years back and don't know the new ones; but I've still got most of it.

Apparently when I was five I knew all the words to Les Miserables.

I can fluently improvise lyrics to any tune, and do frequently when I'm singing as I get bored with the originals. Sometimes they're actually good lyrics. In a similar vein I'll improvise tunes but that's not as interesting, and probably not as skillful.

I can argue with idiots for long periods without getting annoyed.
alitheiapsis wrote:HEY NOW DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT BRONTOSAURUSES

arcane

Postby arcane » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:05 pm UTC

I can in 15 minutes create a whole new world, cultures, landmasses, conflicts, myths and legends.

I can make my eye twitch on will, very useful for that annoyed look.

I am able to throw an object have it bounce off several planes and still land in the wastebasket without trying.

I am able to disappear from any group without anyone else noticing I left.

In the process of creating my own spellbook, more like an imaginative power that I have.

Can create a seemingly random line of scribble that looks like a language(it's not really random I have seem some patterns throughout it.)
I do not think outside or inside it the box, there was no box to begin with.

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:30 pm UTC

I can get all of my homework done, the next day, at school, before it's due. Even first hour stuff.

Oh, and I can find the most creative and bizarre way to die in any video game- I suspect I'll die by causing a nuclear ultra-plosion by accidentally sticking my foot through another object without said object moving.
Omni.

Return to “General”