How do we know you have a face unless you post it?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

TaintedDeity

Re: Postify your facerity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm UTC

That was Falsteff, your equally handsome but sleekly bearded doppelgänger.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm UTC

Felstaff: I just want to know what you are holding that you are looking so intently at. Maybe it was Keo's juggling book?
Plunger and toilet bowl brush juggling, very hard to do.

But maybe get normal juggling down first?
teehee that is still my favourite photo of you ever, felstaff!
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:13 am UTC

Cueball - I love that t-shirt.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 am UTC

Thanks casi, and yes, we really should see at least half of deathly hallows together!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Zorlin

Postby Zorlin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 am UTC

Since I haven't posted to the thread for a while, here you go.

Mysterious wizard rabbit of unknown proportions.

Check out #xkcd-hugs movie night! Watch movies with your fellow xkcdians.

Meaux_Pas wrote:You're all mad.

CueBall

Postby CueBall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 am UTC

Woofsie wrote:Cueball - I love that t-shirt.

as do I.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

Outchanter

Postby Outchanter » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 am UTC

tin wrote:why do I have to explain my heritage to a total stranger? jesus.

Yeah, I'm kind of puzzled by how nosy people seem to be about ethnicity in the USA compared to South Africa.

I suspect the only correct answer to "do you have any X ancestry?" is "probably!" My family ostensibly came from Europe a few generations back, yet our mitochondrial DNA is common in India (according to a cousin who had one of those family tree DNA tests). Apparently humans move around a lot :D

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:28 pm UTC

Outchanter wrote:

Yeah, I'm kind of puzzled by how nosy people seem to be about ethnicity in the USA compared to South Africa.
Because I always assume the best of my brethren*, I suspect it has something to do with our recent history making a big deal out of allowing people to use certain parts of a bus and knowing which water fountain they should be using.

*You should noting the sarcasm.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:08 pm UTC

For Canada--I always figured it was part of the multiculturalism mindset. That pesky phrase "I'm Canadian of _______ descent" is all over the place.

Because everyone who isn't Aboriginal is an immigrant or descended from an immigrant--the question "Where are you from" becomes very very common. It's more apparent in Toronto where I live, because most of the population is 1st or 2nd generation Canadian. You don't get the "your english is fantastic" bit usually --- unless of course you have a pretty strong accent and it's clear you're working on your english, in that case Canadian politeness dictates encouragement... :P

I couldn't tell you why this North American phenomenon doesn't extend elsewhere--although in the case of South Africa, perhaps because the population origins are not quite as varied?
Rice Puddin.

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Outchanter wrote:

Because I always assume the best of my brethren*, I suspect it has something to do with our recent history making a big deal out of allowing people to use certain parts of a bus and knowing which water fountain they should be using.

*You should noting the sarcasm.

And South Africa, on the other hand...
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 am UTC

Outchanter wrote:

In my case, I assume it's because I look like one of those gosh darn exotic furriners and they want to know how to peg me exactly. Usually it's not meant maliciously, but constantly drives home the pervasive, subconscious attitude that only white or black people can ever be born in America. People also ask because upon meeting me, they're surprised whenever flawless English starts coming out of my mouth and they become inquisitive as to how this shocking state of affairs came to be. This is probably compounded by the fact that my adolescence and adulthood have been spent in Texas and Missouri, instead of, say, Seattle or San Francisco.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 am UTC

bah, it's taken me forever to say this. Sungura: I <3 your snake. Marmalade is lovely and reminds me of my Percy. I am tempted to change my avatar so there can be 2 orangey-corn-snake pics floating around!

Okay folks... This is my Secret Redneck Life. Spi and I went snowmobiling up in northern New Hampshire with my family. There were 6 of us and 5 sleds and we were headed towards/around Errol from Columbia.
Spoiler:
Spi wore my brother Mike's new helmet before my brother made it up to the cabin. He looks like a super-villain.
's Clothing!.jpg

Warming up before the ride.jpg

You will never recognize me in my ninja sledding gear!
Sledding ninja!.jpg

Spoiler:
Spi and I usually rode on the 2-person Touring. I actually drove it solo the first night too. It's probably my favorite sled, because the throttle is soooooooo smooth and easy to handle, it can slide through the corners pretty easily, and it has the weight to plow through any bumps on the trail.
Steve with the Touring.jpg
I did have the pleasure of driving Mike's new sled for a bit, which was fantastic. The thing practically jumps when you touch the throttle. The seat is a bit strange because it's so high; I usually like to stay low and close to the sled and I felt like my center of gravity was off. However, since it's much lighter than the touring, it cornered easily so I didn't miss the balance too much.
's new sled.jpg

So, yeah, I DO enjoy snowmobiling, even if I only get the chance to do it once or twice a year. The best part is having a group of us and traveling together. There are always stories to share and relive after the ride is over, and we're constantly changing sleds and goofing around so it's never boring. Plus, I get to ride into the heart of the mountains in the winter.
The mountains.jpg
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Aww thanks, you should! :)

And snowmobiling looks AWESOME. *adds it of list of things to do sometime in her life*
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:40 am UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:Okay folks... This is my Secret Redneck Life. Spi and I went snowmobiling up in northern New Hampshire with my family. There were 6 of us and 5 sleds and we were headed towards/around Errol from Columbia.

That is an awesome area! I was up there recently at the Second College Grant, a pile o land Dartmouth owns and lets its alumni play in! (and their friends, wink nudge say no more camping trip)
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

Chicostick

Postby Chicostick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 am UTC

Snowmobiling is fun. The Moosehead lake area here in Maine is great for it, in the Winter there's more snowmobiles than cars. There's an entire highway like system of trails with road signs and maps, you could snowmobile for weeks and not see it all. Here's a pic of me and a couple friends on moosehead lake:

Spoiler:
I'm the one in the far back

It's always funny for me to see people "taking trips" to these places, cause I actually live either in or very near all of them. College makes enjoying all of it harder though, to busy to go hiking and being stuck on campus with no car makes things feel crowded to me =/

If you ever want a nice short hike in the NH area, the Pawtuckaway State park is pretty nice in Southern NH. It's also an old Caldera, if you look it up on Google Earth it forms an almost perfectly circular "crater" which is pretty neat. Also, the "Devil's Den" is a really big cliff formation that has a large cave formed from a big crack in the rock. There was some cool fluorescent moss the last time I went :D I think it's free to go to as well, as long as you park on the opposite side and hike in. You can also pay to enter the main park area itself, which makes things slightly easier but isn't as fun as getting lost on back roads :lol:

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 am UTC

I'm in an airport!

Also... Oh, God, double chin. :(
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 am UTC

doogly wrote:
studyinserendipity wrote:Okay folks... This is my Secret Redneck Life. Spi and I went snowmobiling up in northern New Hampshire with my family. There were 6 of us and 5 sleds and we were headed towards/around Errol from Columbia.

That is an awesome area! I was up there recently at the Second College Grant, a pile o land Dartmouth owns and lets its alumni play in! (and their friends, wink nudge say no more camping trip)
I think I saw the sign for the grant while we were driving (in a car I mean). But it could have been another grant (I feel like there's a lot of them). Hmm, you say it is available for you to play in... future site of Camberville Camp Adventure?

Chicostick wrote:It's always funny for me to see people "taking trips" to these places, cause I actually live either in or very near all of them. College makes enjoying all of it harder though, to busy to go hiking and being stuck on campus with no car makes things feel crowded to me =/
Heh, that was the way I felt when I lived in Bartlett, NH. It's right by Mt. Washington, so there were always hikers and campers around in the summer and skiers in the winter (not many snowmobiles though, since I think most of the land is state parks). I really miss my weekly hikes to Tuckerman's Ravine. I even snowshoe-d it a couple times; 'tis lovely at this time of year. OH! and apparently you can RENT SLEDS to slide down the ski trail they have from the Ravine to Pinkham Notch. Never tried that, but it sounds ridiculously fun.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:
Chicostick wrote:It's always funny for me to see people "taking trips" to these places, cause I actually live either in or very near all of them. College makes enjoying all of it harder though, to busy to go hiking and being stuck on campus with no car makes things feel crowded to me =/
Heh, that was the way I felt when I lived in Bartlett, NH. It's right by Mt. Washington, so there were always hikers and campers around in the summer and skiers in the winter (not many snowmobiles though, since I think most of the land is state parks). I really miss my weekly hikes to Tuckerman's Ravine. I even snowshoe-d it a couple times; 'tis lovely at this time of year. OH! and apparently you can RENT SLEDS to slide down the ski trail they have from the Ravine to Pinkham Notch. Never tried that, but it sounds ridiculously fun.

To Live in Bartlett? That sounds like a dream. Bartlett is about 2 hours north of me, so while It's not quite close, it's not exactly far either. So it's another one of those places that would take a day trip, Like zooming up to see Lake Winnipesaukee. Pawtuckoway is close though, as is Hampton Beach. Though normally I'll just go to Adam's Point on Great Bay, that's barely 15 minutes from home.

I know Hampton Beach is pretty popular. Anyone else ever go? I'm kinda sad that we didn't have a camera last time I went, I'd love to have been able to share pictures.

LinuxPenguin

Postby LinuxPenguin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:32 am UTC

Me, browsing the intertubes and thinking about how much i'd love a vacation. I'm tired of winter.

Thinking of shaving off the chin-shrub and going w/ just a mustache, as well. ::shrug::
 Mac User (Running OS X, Linux, and Chrome OS)

doogly

Postby doogly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:05 am UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:future site of Camberville Camp Adventure?

Why yes I do believe this may in fact have to happen!

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 am UTC

doogly wrote:
studyinserendipity wrote:future site of Camberville Camp Adventure?

Why yes I do believe this may in fact have to happen!

Can I come? I've never been snowmobiling and it sounds like a ton of fun!

doogly

Postby doogly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:20 am UTC

You can't go snowmobiling in the Grant. Walkies only. Or snowshoe! It's like snowmobile, but instead of an engine there's a shoe.

Marbas

Postby Marbas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 am UTC

Spoiler:

Here's me, since my face hasn't been posted in about three years(?) and I am all growed up now!
Jahoclave wrote:Do you have any idea how much more fun the holocaust is with "Git er Done" as the catch phrase?

LuNatic

Postby LuNatic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 am UTC

doogly wrote:You can't go snowmobiling in the Grant. Walkies only. Or snowshoe! It's like snowmobile, but instead of an engine there's a shoe.

But that isn't fun at all!
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

doogly

Postby doogly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm UTC

Lies! Going for a walk outside is the most fun you can have with your pants on, and might even still make the top five of things you can do without.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:52 pm UTC

Where does going outside for walk without pants on rank?
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

doogly

Postby doogly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:45 pm UTC

Maybe number 4, I'm thinking? It depends on the weather. In golf ball sized hail it might drop down to 6.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

I like going for walks if it is pretty especially if I take my camera along to take pictures. And I miss camping. I like camping. Or, liked. I've not been since my mom got her disease which was when I was 8 years old. I remember loving it though. Also, hikes that end at waterfalls or lakes = WIN if it is a waterfall into a pool you can swim in = DOUBLE WIN. This is what my 8-year-old mind remembers.

neoteric

Postby neoteric » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm UTC

Uh, hi

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am UTC

Good photos, there's something about them that I like.
It always astounds me how different people look with no hair.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 am UTC

Speaking of lowering one's ears:

Caught mid sentence.

Cleaned up.
Last edited by Jacque on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Paranoid__Android

Postby Paranoid__Android » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:06 am UTC

JAQUE: WHY ARE YOU NOT WEARING THE MAKEUP?

WEAR THE MAKEUP NOW!!!!!
The Great Hippo wrote:Paranoid__Android,
... truly, you are a champion among champions. ...

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:38 am UTC

neoteric, i really like that one in the middle.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:23 am UTC

Paranoid__Android wrote:[sizebreak=200]JAQUE: WHY ARE YOU NOT WEARING THE MAKEUP?[/size]

[sizethetag=200]WEAR THE MAKEUP NOW!!!!! [/size]
Ah, the good old days.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 am UTC

Sooo pretty.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm UTC

HarleyQuinn, age 3-4.
:]
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

It Should Be Real
Ninja Sauce Container

Postby It Should Be Real » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

D'awwww.

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Good photos, there's something about them that I like.
It always astounds me how different people look with no hair.

The glasses don't help any.

Also, double that d'awwww.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

neoteric

Postby neoteric » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Can...can I request a bow-tie photo trend now?

Not quite wearing my faux-tie.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm UTC

This is the first photo showing my face at all I've had taken in five years.

Dissapointingly, the university declined to use it as my headshot in the prospectus (I wrote one of those "Student Experience" articles for them) because it was "too nippley" (I mean its not like there's a tool called crop or anything).

Anyway I like it, contorted, dust covered face and all.
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

Return to “General”