How do we know you have a face unless you post it?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Re: Post yo' fehs

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm UTC

Ixaera wrote:My Sunday face. I'm sorry. I failed to comb my hair or apply makeup. But I decided it was a test of our love. :P

Spoiler:

Why?
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

Damn you LE4D, for making a new page.

Now no one will know that I'm better than sleepygamer.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Damn you LE4D, for making a new page.

Now no one will know that I'm better than sleepygamer.

Says you. My mirror tells me otherwise.

If by mirror, you mean mother.

And by mother, you mean psychosis.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

LE4dGOLEM wrote:
Ixaera wrote:My Sunday face. I'm sorry. I failed to comb my hair or apply makeup. But I decided it was a test of our love. :P

Spoiler:

Why?

I agree... absolutely no reason to be sorry for that photo.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Cute :)
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

doc leech

Postby doc leech » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 pm UTC

cyberia wrote:Cute :)

I concur wholeheartedly!
Float like a float-bot, sting like an automatic stinging machine

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

Spoiler:

If that's how you look without combed hair and makeup, you have nothing to apologize for. Also, makeup is overrated, I find people look better without. Though it's okay if used sparingly.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, I wish I had a camera. I must go ebay/internetz hunting for one sometime (I would hardly ever use it, but it'd be nice to have). Anyone have good recommendations for a relatively inexpensive one? Must be fehs-picture capable.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Rippy wrote:

Spoiler:

If that's how you look without combed hair and makeup, you have nothing to apologize for. Also, makeup is overrated, I find people look better without. Though it's okay if used sparingly.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, I wish I had a camera. I must go ebay/internetz hunting for one sometime (I would hardly ever use it, but it'd be nice to have). Anyone have good recommendations for a relatively inexpensive one? Must be fehs-picture capable.

I have an Olympus FE-340 (there's a photo a few posts up) and it's awesome: 8.0 megapixel, 2.7" lcd monitor, 5x optical zoom (+ digital zoom), digital image stabilization, 'super macro' feature.

Cost about 250AUD at the beginning of the year. The only bad thing is you have to buy an Olympus-brand xd memory card but if you get a 2gb one you shouldn't need a second.

It's worth getting a good(ish) camera because if you get a cheap one (Sony cybershot or similar) you'll just wish you had a better one. Also, you don't need more than 8 megapixels (even that's probably too much) as the photos end up huge and no one wants to see your fehs at 5x actual size 0_o

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

cyberia wrote:I have an Olympus FE-340 (there's a photo a few posts up) and it's awesome: 8.0 megapixel, 2.7" lcd monitor, 5x optical zoom (+ digital zoom), digital image stabilization, 'super macro' feature.

Cost about 250AUD at the beginning of the year. The only bad thing is you have to buy an Olympus-brand xd memory card but if you get a 2gb one you shouldn't need a second.

I picked up an Olympus FE-310 very recently (although I haven't posted any photos taken with it yet) which was only 150AUD. Only complaint so far is that it seems to take a while to actually take the picture, but I should be able to fiddle with the settings a little.

Not so sure about actually needing an Olympus-brand xd card, by the way, except for features like the panorama thing. Which is perfectly doable to any photos with the right software.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 am UTC

doc leech wrote:
cyberia wrote:Cute :)

I concur wholeheartedly!
Shut up, y'all! I was meant to be the only one who says that she's cute!

...Stupid people who live in different time zones.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:06 am UTC

You are cute, Ixaera, but OMGWTFBBQ LOOK OUT THERE IS A GIANT FLY/BUG THING BEHIND YOU!!!!1!
多么现在棕色母牛?

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:You are cute, Ixaera, but OMGWTFBBQ LOOK OUT THERE IS A GIANT FLY/BUG THING BEHIND YOU!!!!1!

Since she has not posted again since, the only reasonable conclusion is that she has died of giant-bug-related injuries.

She will be missed.

*bagpipes as body is ejected into space*

Ixaera

Postby Ixaera » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Rippy wrote:
benjhuey wrote:You are cute, Ixaera, but OMGWTFBBQ LOOK OUT THERE IS A GIANT FLY/BUG THING BEHIND YOU!!!!1!

Since she has not posted again since, the only reasonable conclusion is that she has died of giant-bug-related injuries.

She will be missed.

*bagpipes as body is ejected into space*

harrrr
Too kind. I don't look significantly different with makeup and hair that hasn't been slept on recently, anyway.

But it is not a giant bug, it is the handle of a plastic bag full of marbles that is used to hang over the dryer door to keep it open instead of swinging shut. You see, it's a stackable unit, and while stuffing stuff from the washer into the dryer, the door swings halfway shut over your head, and if you lift up to put the clothes in the dryer, you bang your head. It's a cheap fix. I lost a few braincells before figuring that out, though. :( Plus, I'm not dead. I'm hoping for a good 65 years, yet.

schwalord

Postby schwalord » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Me.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 am UTC

schwalord wrote:
Spoiler:

Me.

Clearly you have a lucrative t-shirt modeling career ahead of you. Seriously, just add "Snorg Tees" onto that picture somewhere and your banner ad is already made.

schwalord

Postby schwalord » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 am UTC

haha

I'm working for a start up pharmaceutical company right now and those are our shirts it says Nantiox on it, It's a cut out from a picture of a bunch of us who wrote a grant after we finished and did a presentation to a bunch of investors.

I'm not sure what to think of the snorg tee's comment really,

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm UTC

JayDee wrote:
cyberia wrote:I have an Olympus FE-340 (there's a photo a few posts up) and it's awesome: 8.0 megapixel, 2.7" lcd monitor, 5x optical zoom (+ digital zoom), digital image stabilization, 'super macro' feature.

I picked up an Olympus FE-310 very recently (although I haven't posted any photos taken with it yet) which was only 150AUD. Only complaint so far is that it seems to take a while to actually take the picture, but I should be able to fiddle with the settings a little.

Not so sure about actually needing an Olympus-brand xd card, by the way, except for features like the panorama thing. Which is perfectly doable to any photos with the right software.

I don't know. The dude at the shop said I needed an Olympus-brand card and it was only $50 so I didn't really care.

edit - Mine takes photos really quickly. I normally use the 'image-stabilisation' mode and don't have any complaints. But that was one of my requirements when I bought it as I was sick of using my dinky 5yr old Pentax Optio S that would always misfire or take a million years to take a photo; quick response time, big screen, good-quality flash.

Angstrom

Postby Angstrom » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 pm UTC

Spoiler:

It's windy.

Dingbats

Postby Dingbats » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:23 pm UTC

Here's me with a pair of m&m's in my nostrils. It's the only decent pic I have.
Spoiler:

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

this picture was taken to be a cover image for a project I did. Also, I just like hanging from trees by my knees.
Spoiler:
298.JPG
just for the hell of it
298.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5494 times

this next picture gives a better Idea of who I am.
Spoiler:
437.JPG
around town
437.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 5472 times

edit: stupid stupid stupid. why can't i make this work? ah well, a problem for another time. when I know how to resize images.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:08 pm UTC

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE YOU DO NOT NEED TO ATTACH 2600 PIXEL WIDE IMAGES. WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR GLORIOUS FACE JUST FINE IN A MEASLY 600 PIXEL WIDTH.

Kinigget - don't worry, my general frustration is only 1/3957th directed at you.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 pm UTC

Azrael wrote:SERIOUSLY PEOPLE YOU DO NOT NEED TO ATTACH 2600 PIXEL WIDE IMAGES. WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR GLORIOUS FACE JUST FINE IN A MEASLY 600 PIXEL WIDTH.

Kinigget - don't worry, my general frustration is only 1/3957th directed at you.

I kind of didn't think so, but my problem is that I am either too clueless to figure out how use my editing software, or that my editing software is actually incapable of compressing images. I didn't want huge pictures!

*cries*
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

tylerwylie

Postby tylerwylie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 pm UTC

Get "The GIMP"
Open image using the GIMP.
Scale image
Save as whatever
Repost.
Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why?
Some are born; some men die
Beneath one infinite sky.
There'll be war, there'll be peace.
But everything one day will cease.
All the iron turned to rust;
All the proud men turned to dust.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

Or if you use windows, just use paint. That's what I use when I just need to quickly resize something.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

Or if you're really lazy, upload it to something like facebook or photobucket, which will shrink it, because they don't like large images stealing their bandwidth.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 pm UTC

thanks guys . . . I will attempt one of these feats now.

Edit:

Done! Here they are:

me hanging from a tree.
298.jpg
hanging around
298.jpg (104.98 KiB) Viewed 5216 times

and me in downtown portland.
437.jpg
around town
437.jpg (111.16 KiB) Viewed 5216 times

hopefully this looks better.
Last edited by kinigget on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:15 am UTC

Or, if you're really, really lazy. You can resize in windows explorer. Just select 'email this file' and select what size you want it scaled down to.

liza
It's teatime somewhere

Postby liza » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 am UTC

Angstrom wrote:It's windy.
You call that windy?
Spoiler:
I'll skip over the pictures where I'm literally holding my friend's skirt down :P
Felstaff wrote:
Okita wrote:"What are you up to?"

"Attempting to save the free world and preserve Democracy...without Liza"
But...But [that would] just be announcing you're definitely about to fail.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 am UTC

That -is- windy. And a lovely picture, as usual... :lol:

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:10 am UTC

cyberia wrote:I don't know. The dude at the shop said I needed an Olympus-brand card and it was only $50 so I didn't really care.

I was the same, I don't think I've seen a non-Olympus-brand one anywhere, and I doubt I'll need more space anytime soon.
cyberia wrote:edit - Mine takes photos really quickly. I normally use the 'image-stabilisation' mode and don't have any complaints. But that was one of my requirements when I bought it as I was sick of using my dinky 5yr old Pentax Optio S that would always misfire or take a million years to take a photo; quick response time, big screen, good-quality flash.

I mainly wanted a decent optical zoom. Good to hear, I might take it to Uni today and play with it a bit. I really haven't used it much yet.

I haven't posted my face in a while, mainly I don't look much different to the pictures I've posted before (my sideburns are probably considerably longer, is all.) But my narcissism got the better of me.
Felstaff wrote:I would love a flip-book of JayDee's ever-changing 'tache length/style, to give me aspirations for next Movember. It could be a circular flip book that simply continued ad infinitum, and would hypnotise the unsuspecting for 'ours on end.

A flipbook was too much effort, but how about this:
theJayDeeBunch.jpg

I think I've posted most, if not all of these pics before. There was one or two I would have used, but I couldn't find them.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:16 am UTC

Dang, man, there's like five different people in those nine shots.
多么现在棕色母牛?

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 am UTC

Dang, JayDee...do the hairstyle (and possibly 'stache, for flashback-itude) right and you can look just like Wash, of Firefly fame. Or at least pretty close.

...I want a mustache.

Fossa

Postby Fossa » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 am UTC

JayDee is only perpetuating the misconception that mustaches aren't simply evil congealed in hair form. That aside, wow. You hardly look like you in some pics.

<timemachine>
Wow Ix, no apologies necessary. You are nothing short of gorgeous.
</timemachine>

(In my defense I sprained my wrist pretty bad on Saturday and haven't been able to use my PC much)

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 am UTC

Oh, of course. That's exactly why I want a mustache - so I can twirl it (or whatever you do with them) while my nefarious plans come to fruition.

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 am UTC

What, a goatee not good enough for you?
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:25 am UTC

LE4dGOLEM wrote:What, a goatee not good enough for you?
Acutally, that's one of the photos I couldn't find. Had an inch long goatee to stroke a while back.

Nathaivel

Postby Nathaivel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:29 pm UTC

Ixaera, you have a severe case of the pretties.

So here's me a while back, doing a proof-of-concept that looking like a model requires nothing more than the right lighting, and angle, and a few tweaks (not anything nearly as drastic as this but similar in idea).
Spoiler:

Afterwards I repeated the trick with one of my friends, turning pol sci junkie into hollister model! :P

You want non-doctored? Ehhh. Here's the start of the summer, all shaggy in a cabin on the frio river,
Spoiler:

and why yes I do enjoy v-neck shirts.

Later a box of scissors and bleach fell out of a passing fedex plane, barely missing my skull but making me look like this:
Spoiler:

Ixaera

Postby Ixaera » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

Teehee.
Thanks :) I guess it helps make up for being a gigantic dork.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Seconding that, you are realy stunning Ix :oops:
One day something wity and original will appear here

Account20151023

Postby Account20151023 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

Aight, first is a picture of me at my metal 21st birthday party. I'm the one on the left. Wayne Static.

Second is me right now. I'm hungry and Taco Bell is far away. Also, obligatory headphones picture.
metalboman.jpg
Told you guys I used to be able to lank the fuck out.
metalboman.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Attachments
Picture0001.jpg
YUM
Picture0001.jpg (35.43 KiB) Viewed 4635 times

Return to “General”