Logical fallacies/douchebaggery in commercials.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:00 am UTC

ArchangelShrike wrote:Politician ads during election years. Anything for the children is idiotic, because if it's not for the children you aren't doing your biological/social/moral duty to help the human race survive. Or your children survive.

I ran a local mayoral campaign once on a staunch orphan-cake platform.

I think I see why I may have lost.

Still, the fundraiser dinners, while thin on attendance, were quite delicious events.
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 am UTC

ArchangelShrike wrote:Politician ads during election years. Anything for the children is idiotic, because if it's not for the children you aren't doing your biological/social/moral duty to help the human race survive. Or your children survive.

Absolutely. I'm running on a "fuck the people who are alive, let's put them all in shacks and make them reproduce around the clock" platform. It's the only thing that makes sense, because children are all that matters.

:roll:
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:09 am UTC

I'm commenting on the majority of political ads around here, because they all say "state-of-the-art," "needed not wanted" and "for the children." Hate them, so when I come up with some good platforms to run on, I'm going to burn them all and pass out rum to the voters. It probably won't net me the win, but at least you'll know where the rum went.

Edit: Well, except for you Belial. It's more of "it's to make the children nice and fat so they're tasty to eat later" platform.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:For some reason we are pretty much a Coke nation. The only time I get pepsi is because it's what pizza hutt and kfc do. Whenever anyone goes out to buy some soft drink, they buy coke. Not necessarily because anyone prefers coke particularly, but it's just what you do. Coke and Sprite.

But when I was in Thailand they drank pepsi and 7-up. Coke and sprite were available, but they just didn't think to get them.

Truly, theirs is a foreign culture.

The only province/state/region in North America in which Pepsi outsells Coke is Quebec.

Also, Awesome commercial.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:24 am UTC

This is madness!

THIS IS QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it was asking for it.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:42 am UTC

About Pepsi and Coke: I swear they taste exactly the same...as do diet and regular...

As for stupid commercials, yeah, any medication that has a side effect being what it's supposed to stop. Such as anti-depressants that cause thoughts of suicide, real helpful :roll:

And I did hear one ad on the radio that was just plain funny. I don't have any idea what it was for, but it was a salute to the giant taco salad vendor. It has 12,000 calories, then he says "is it healthy? Of course it's healthy! It's a salad!" That was amusing, even though I have no idea what it was about.

Solt

Postby Solt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:51 am UTC

saxmaniac1987 wrote:Side effect of sleeping pills? Drowsiness!

That's actually a serious issue. A lot of sleeping pills make you drowsy after you've woken up. That's bad. The newer ones are non-drowsy.

I don't like an ad for Neosporin I recently saw that said you have to put it on Every cut you ever get no matter how small. That is totally not necessary.

I remember my Bio teacher in High School told us about how Nestle was advertising baby formula in third world countries saying that it was important for babies to have it. So the poor families would spend money on baby formula and would have nothing left for the adults to eat, when obviously the right thing to do was for the adults to eat and then just breast feed the kids. Fortunately they stopped the practice.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,
produced a more reliable product. But sailors do
not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a
most annoying habit of splitting in two."
-J.W. Morris

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:53 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:And I did hear one ad on the radio that was just plain funny. I don't have any idea what it was for, but it was a salute to the giant taco salad vendor. It has 12,000 calories, then he says "is it healthy? Of course it's healthy! It's a salad!" That was amusing, even though I have no idea what it was about.

Was it one of Budweiser's Real Men of Genius ads?

And tying back into douchebaggery: I'm pissed as hell that the Real American Heroes ads were all pulled after 9/11, only to return years later as Real Men of Genius. It doesn't fit, it's not as inspiring or amusing, and giant foam finger inventor has contributed as much to this country as any firefighter NYPD officer. (Okay, that last one isn't true, but seriously, America, lighten the fuck up.)
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:56 am UTC

For mentioning the Real Men of Genius/Real American Heroes ads:

You are made of win, forever and ever. Seriously. Not even Belial could stop you.

Belial

Postby Belial » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:00 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:As for stupid commercials, yeah, any medication that has a side effect being what it's supposed to stop. Such as anti-depressants that cause thoughts of suicide, real helpful :roll:

The thoughts are usually only just as you're starting out on the anti-depressant, and only occur in a certain percentage of users. So generally it's just "watch them carefully for the first few weeks, and then they're good."

Strangely, drug companies, doctors, and pharmacists aren't complete retards.

They/them

niko7865

Postby niko7865 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:07 am UTC

Solt wrote:
saxmaniac1987 wrote:Side effect of sleeping pills? Drowsiness!

That's actually a serious issue. A lot of sleeping pills make you drowsy after you've woken up. That's bad. The newer ones are non-drowsy.

I don't like an ad for Neosporin I recently saw that said you have to put it on Every cut you ever get no matter how small. That is totally not necessary.

I remember my Bio teacher in High School told us about how Nestle was advertising baby formula in third world countries saying that it was important for babies to have it. So the poor families would spend money on baby formula and would have nothing left for the adults to eat, when obviously the right thing to do was for the adults to eat and then just breast feed the kids. Fortunately they stopped the practice.

Also, pure formula has killed a fairly large amount of infants. Mostly from dirty water and lack of some nutrients.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:07 am UTC

Of course not, it's only those on Madison Ave. / other power house firms that are. And the general public, like Tommy Lee Jones mentioned in MIB (the good one).

solarchem

Postby solarchem » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:23 am UTC

I have to say, the old Errol Morris commercials for Miller beer spoke the truth. I'm torn between the powdered sugar on a donut 'offering a protective barrier between a man's greasy fingers and his nutrition' and the statement that warding off scurvy could be the only good reason for putting a lime in your beer. Classic.
http://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/miller/miller_scurvy.html
Never tell me the odds - Han Solo

deadly penguin

Postby deadly penguin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:00 am UTC

CreemyNougat wrote:www.tatermitts.com

Peel potatoes in just 8 seconds of ACTUAL TIME!!!

Don't you just love the videos where they make it look SOOO much harder than it really is?! PEELING A POTATO ISN'T THAT HARD!!! I remember another commercial advertising a tuberware organizer. The lady in the had to resort to shoving every plastic container out of the cabinet just to make it look cumbersome!

Although what really gets on my nerves is the health food craze!!! Subway is NOT healthy!!! A 6" turkey breast sandwich, without any toppings contains 1000mg sodium!http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich
(wait, is that a lot?...I'm no dietitian)
And all the other fastfood chains really get on my nerves with their new "healthy" salads. Or better yet, the low-carb wraps.. (you've just gotta love the fad diets)

(Oh, and this is completely off topic, but my friend Catherine just shut down my computer!!! O_O Luckily Firefox restored this session, so I didn't have to retype anything...but still!! I don't even know how it shut it down!!!)

warhorse

Postby warhorse » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:17 am UTC

deadly penguin wrote:Don't you just love the videos where they make it look SOOO much harder than it really is?! PEELING A POTATO ISN'T THAT HARD!!!

Those are great! They always do it in black and white to make it look like the old way is so depressing!

deadly penguin wrote:
Although what really gets on my nerves is the health food craze!!! Subway is NOT healthy!!! A 6" turkey breast sandwich, without any toppings contains 1000mg sodium!

Around 2000mg sodium is recommended minimum daily intake. 1000mg probably isn't too bad for lunch but 6" turkey is more like a snack to me.

The thing about health foods is that, yeah, a salad is good for you, but it doesn't taste good until you've added 400 calories worth of dressing, but they don't tell you that part, since they're selling you the salad, not the fatty toppings.
It's OK to be social, just don't tell anyone about it.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:34 am UTC

I hate, almost more than anything in the world, ads that use massive hyperbole. Like when their trying to sell a kitchen cleaning product, and they make the before kitchen so dirty it looks like like the final product of Port-a-Loo + gelignite. Seriously, any woman who lets her kitchen get that dirty doesn't deserve one.

And I hate ones that try to use humour. Only very rarely is an ad funny, and then no more than 3 viewings. Also, shouting destroys my enjoyment of anything. There are products I specifically avoid just because the ad had shouting in it. Telecom phones, for example.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

EvanED

Postby EvanED » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:34 am UTC

What I like is when I can watch a commercial and draw the exact opposite conclusion from what they want to portray.

I can't think of any concrete examples because I haven't had cable for over a year now (*sad face*), but they'll show someone using the product acting like a jerk or something and I'll think "use such-and-such, it will turn you into an asshole!"

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:36 am UTC

First: Creamy, I love you for the yogurt-clit-win.

Secondly: The "Taco Del Mar" ads, where they show a Mexican blowing up a bridge that has a train composed of hamburgers on it. Everytime I see that ad, all I think is: "Taco Del Mar. We support terrorism!"

spacermase

Postby spacermase » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:40 am UTC

My mom actually worked in advertising for period of time, before quitting it totally (for obvious reasons). She then made a point to educate my brother and I on all the different tactics used by advertisers to attempt to sway you towards there product. It worked out pretty well- I remember family friends being astounded that, despite the fact we were teenagers at time, we were *totally* unfazed by whatever new hot fad or fashion was sweeping our peer group at the time.
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's it's hope and glory."
-Comment on humanity, The Stars My Destination, by Alfred Bester

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:46 am UTC

spacermase wrote: She then made a point to educate my brother and I on all the different tactics used by advertisers to attempt to sway you towards there product. It worked out pretty well- I remember family friends being astounded that, despite the fact we were teenagers at time, we were *totally* unfazed by whatever new hot fad or fashion was sweeping our peer group at the time.

Me and my sister got that from my dad. Ex-RCMP, ex-military, ex-federal-agent and ex-cop, he would talk at great length on brainwashing and interrogation techniques, and how similar they were to advertising, and how easy it was to spot them, and how easy it was to avoid.

Looking back, it's a wonder I'm not more messed up.

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:56 am UTC

spacermase wrote:My mom actually worked in advertising for period of time, before quitting it totally (for obvious reasons). She then made a point to educate my brother and I on all the different tactics used by advertisers to attempt to sway you towards there product. It worked out pretty well- I remember family friends being astounded that, despite the fact we were teenagers at time, we were *totally* unfazed by whatever new hot fad or fashion was sweeping our peer group at the time.

Same.

... I am susceptible to explosions in movies though. Give me big, shiny explosions and/or dinosaurs and likely I will go see it.
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

Blatm

Postby Blatm » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:10 am UTC

"Now with real beef!"

Um..

Solt

Postby Solt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 am UTC

Well if you don't have parents "in the know" there's a great book called "Language in Thought and Action" by a guy named Hayakawa which addresses advertising tactics and much more.

Our 11th grade English teacher assigned it as extra credit and pretty much everyone who read it enjoyed it and found themselves referring to it later on to describe/understand things like advertising, symbolism, and rhetoric in media.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,

produced a more reliable product. But sailors do

not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a

most annoying habit of splitting in two."

-J.W. Morris

UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake

Postby UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 am UTC

Somnia wrote:
warhorse wrote:Here's my peeve:
Such and such detergent is n% stronger!"
Stronger than what?

Gah, me too. "Twice as much cleaning agent!" Twice what? Twice... half of what the product already has? Twice that found in the horn of a unicorn? And WHAT cleaning agent?!

What I despise is this credit card commercial (and those like it) that is doing something charitable and ends the commercial with "Be a good person. Be a card member." or "Make a difference, be a card member." as both blatantly imply those who don't get their effing card are bad people who don't care. That's practically extortion.

I hate both of those. Like the hair conditioner I use--"get up to 85% shinier hair!" Yeah, shinier than... if you haven't washed your hair in three years? If you don't use conditioner at all? If you use a blow dryer, a straightener and a curling iron on it every day? Or yes, the ones that make you feel like a heartless cad for not buying their product.

EDITED to add:
Solt wrote:Well if you don't have parents "in the know" there's a great book called "Language in Thought and Action" by a guy named Hayakawa which addresses advertising tactics and much more.

I also have found that my journalism class has helped me see through a lot of advertisers' crap. We don't directly discuss advertising techniques, but learning about the way publications are designed to attract readers in a certain way has shown me how to look for the subtle things.
Silly things do cease to be silly when they are done by sensible people in an impudent manner. ~Jane Austen, Emma
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. ~Oscar Wilde

Jauss

Postby Jauss » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:50 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:About Pepsi and Coke: I swear they taste exactly the same...as do diet and regular...

No they don't. :) I don't drink that much soda and I'm not one of those people who will drink only Pepsi or drink only Coke Oh me yarm, but there is a definite difference. Pepsi is more...something.

Diet versus regular? Sure diet tastes like regular. Until the aftertaste of unmitigated ass kicks in. My dad and I refuse to drink that shit.

As for advertising, commercials rather amuse me sometimes if they're good. People who scream/yell in them need to die though. I'm into film and stuff and could see myself making one someday.

Generally though, I don't buy anything I wasn't gonna buy anyway even if I do like the commercial. Even as kids my brother and I didn't give a shit about what we were supposed to be asking our parents for. We wore our Payless shoes and no-name clothes and it was okay with us. I'm still not sure why. Most of the kids we knew were all about $100+ Reeboks and Nikes, Tommy Hilfiger clothes, and the bling of the era.
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus

lyworm

Postby lyworm » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:04 am UTC

Every time I've been out of my country, the level of the commercials shocked me - I really hated them, they seemed, well, stupid. Here, though, other than a few that are just so stupid they're amusing, most of the commercials are pretty ok.
Meow.

djn

Postby djn » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:27 am UTC

lyworm wrote:Every time I've been out of my country, the level of the commercials shocked me - I really hated them, they seemed, well, stupid. Here, though, other than a few that are just so stupid they're amusing, most of the commercials are pretty ok.

Mhm, same thing here.

Alcari

Postby Alcari » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 am UTC

UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake wrote:
Somnia wrote:
warhorse wrote:Here's my peeve:
Such and such detergent is n% stronger!"
Stronger than what?

Gah, me too. "Twice as much cleaning agent!" Twice what? Twice... half of what the product already has? Twice that found in the horn of a unicorn? And WHAT cleaning agent?!

I hate both of those. Like the hair conditioner I use--"get up to 85% shinier hair!" Yeah, shinier than... if you haven't washed your hair in three years? If you don't use conditioner at all? If you use a blow dryer, a straightener and a curling iron on it every day? Or yes, the ones that make you feel like a heartless cad for not buying their product.

That, and I've always wondered how ones measure 'shinyness' in hair. Same with "Now, dishes up to 40% cleaner" Does that mean "60% of the germs compared to brand X"???

The best ones though are those drinks which help against whatever random stomach thing you've got. "85% of woman no longer have stomach problems after 3 weeks of drinking XXX" Newsflash: MORE then 85% of people don't have stomach problems that last longer then 3 weeks.
I'm made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

free manga and anime music

FiercestCalm

Postby FiercestCalm » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:53 am UTC

warhorse wrote:
deadly penguin wrote:Don't you just love the videos where they make it look SOOO much harder than it really is?! PEELING A POTATO ISN'T THAT HARD!!!

Those are great! They always do it in black and white to make it look like the old way is so depressing!

God, I hate those commercials so much! Especially the one for some kind of spaghetti maker- all you have to do is put spaghetti in this tube, and pour, boiling water in it, then leave it for 7-10 minutes!
Or, you know, you could put spaghetti in boiling water, and wait for 7-10 minutes. OR THE EXACT SAME THING.

My favorite parts are the black and white ones- a woman dragging a vacuum cleaner up the stairs because it's SO heavy, spaghetti getting all over the floor because you don't have a spaghetti tube, the poor overworked mother pushing a disgusting mop around- because life before useless inventions was terrible.

Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:22 pm UTC

Jauss wrote:
Amnesiasoft wrote:About Pepsi and Coke: I swear they taste exactly the same...as do diet and regular...

No they don't. :) I don't drink that much soda and I'm not one of those people who will drink only Pepsi or drink only Coke Oh me yarm, but there is a definite difference. Pepsi is more...something.

After lengthly previous discussion on this topic, my friends and I have determined that:

Pepsi tastes sweeter

-or-

Coke has more of a "bite".

To us, these two describe the same thing. But we've found people who will vehemently disagree with one, while completely embracing the other.

Belial

Postby Belial » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:25 pm UTC

Jauss wrote:Diet versus regular? Sure diet tastes like regular. Until the aftertaste of unmitigated ass kicks in. My dad and I refuse to drink that shit.

If you drink it for any length of time (a week is usually long enough) you stop tasting the aspartame. Nowadays, drinking *regular* soda tastes really kindof awful to me, because it's *so* sugary....

But then, I drink a *lot* of soda. Switching to diet probably dropped about 1k to 1.5k calories from my diet, per day.

They/them

FiercestCalm

Postby FiercestCalm » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:26 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Jauss wrote:Diet versus regular? Sure diet tastes like regular. Until the aftertaste of unmitigated ass kicks in. My dad and I refuse to drink that shit.

If you drink it for any length of time (a week is usually long enough) you stop tasting the aspartame. Nowadays, drinking *regular* soda tastes really kindof awful to me, because it's *so* sugary....

QFT.
I was raised on Diet Coke, so now I really don't like regular Coke or Pepsi- they're just too sweet. Yes, I actually enjoy the taste of diet drinks.

evilbeanfiend

Postby evilbeanfiend » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:09 pm UTC

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/12 ... sultation/

hope this does what it sounds like it might do
in ur beanz makin u eveel

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

Every cleaning product commercial should have to show how well the product works compared to a wet sponge. They show their miracle spray cleaning up a spill on a countertop. Oh me yarm Oh It worked!

Also, I really hate those hair product commercials that show the product "filling in" little gaps in the hair with protein or vitamins or whatever.

warhorse

Postby warhorse » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 pm UTC

Best commercial ever: the one for a pregnancy test. It shows the device like the Star Trek Enterprise flying through space with bold ostentatious music kind of like the 2001 Space Odyssey theme. The male narrator says "the most advanced piece of technology you will ever pee on" and a stream of water comes from off of the screen in slow motion and splashes onto the device.

I haven't seen this in a few months. My memory of it might have been fudged a little.
It's OK to be social, just don't tell anyone about it.

evilbeanfiend

Postby evilbeanfiend » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm UTC

warhorse wrote:Best commercial ever: the one for a pregnancy test. It shows the device like the Star Trek Enterprise flying through space with bold ostentatious music kind of like the 2001 Space Odyssey theme. The male narrator says "the most advanced piece of technology you will ever pee on" and a stream of water comes from off of the screen in slow motion and splashes onto the device.

I haven't seen this in a few months. My memory of it might have been fudged a little.

yes that one rocked
in ur beanz makin u eveel

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:14 pm UTC

TV
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

motor_ola

Postby motor_ola » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

bbctol wrote:I saw a Pepsi ad with this tagline:

56% of drinkers say Pepsi-Cola has more cola taste than Diet Coke.

Now, naturally, this is skewed woefully in favor of Pepsi. What was amazing is that even with all this clear bias, they could only get 56% to agree! Come on, guys, that's pathetic!

Perhaps they meant Pepsi Max.

Because imho, Sugar Coke>Sugar Pepsi, but Diet Pepsi<Diet Coke (though the new sucralose one is pretty good).

Syrin

Postby Syrin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 pm UTC

motor_ola wrote:
bbctol wrote:I saw a Pepsi ad with this tagline:

56% of drinkers say Pepsi-Cola has more cola taste than Diet Coke.

Now, naturally, this is skewed woefully in favor of Pepsi. What was amazing is that even with all this clear bias, they could only get 56% to agree! Come on, guys, that's pathetic!

Perhaps they meant Pepsi Max.

Because imho, Sugar Coke>Sugar Pepsi, but Diet Pepsi<Diet Coke (though the new sucralose one is pretty good).

Did you mean Diet Pepsi > Diet Coke? Else, you could've just said "Coke > Pepsi".

I rather prefer Pepsi to Coke. Coke tastes... sticky, to me, and it has an aftertaste akin to ass. I find Pepsi smoother and easier to drink. However, I find that Diet Coke can almost hold its own; it isn't as bad as regular Coke.

UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake

Postby UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:58 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:Also, I really hate those hair product commercials that show the product "filling in" little gaps in the hair with protein or vitamins or whatever.

Those, and makeup products that claim to "plump up" your skin just by spreading a cream--complete bull. It's ridiculous how many people are deluded by the little graphics of sparkling molecules magically falling into place. It just doesn't work that way, and it should be obvious that it's wrong and unjust to use those tactics.
Silly things do cease to be silly when they are done by sensible people in an impudent manner. ~Jane Austen, Emma

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. ~Oscar Wilde

Return to “General”