What shoes are you wearing?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Are you wearing shoes right now?

Yup
29%
Nope
71%

Total votes: 48

Mairead

What shoes are you wearing?

Postby Mairead » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:28 pm UTC

*random thread alert*

What shoes are you wearing??

For me it's polka dot Vans (and odd socks...)

Edit: Poll added!
Last edited by Mairead on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:45 am UTC, edited 11 times in total.

Julia

Postby Julia » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:30 pm UTC

None.

I never wear shoes in my own house. :)

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:32 pm UTC

Goin' commando.
By which I mean no shoes.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Delbin

Postby Delbin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:36 pm UTC

Some Lugz boots.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:44 pm UTC

I am also shoeless. It's a beautiful sunday afternoon and my feet are happy to be free of all trappings.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

blind visionary

Postby blind visionary » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

No shoes currently. When I do wear shoes its either my black vans or my black boots, because thats all there is to choose from.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:57 pm UTC

No shirt.

No shoes.

Why aren't I getting any service?

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:00 pm UTC

Rocky brand paratrooper boots. I love them and wear them nearly exclusively. A pair usually last about two years.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

PtS

Postby PtS » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:08 pm UTC

I'll join the wear-no-shoes-in-your-home club. This is from now on also the Are-you-wearing-shoes-at-home thread. Maybe we should start a poll?
My life is 50% sarcasm and 50% sick humour.

-Me (said with 50% sarcasm)

Jarrad

Postby Jarrad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

Brown leather flip-flops

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:13 pm UTC

I'm wearing size 13 *gasp shock* leather brown Wolverine's. Good shoe, but I can't run in it. It's kind of a work-shoe, y'know?

Can anybody beat size 13, wide, men's?

(That's Canadian sizing, so size 12 in the UK. Australia is the same as us, I think)
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:15 pm UTC

Black suede Rocket Dogs. sneakers, i guess... they look halfway between tennis shoes and skater shoes. *shrug* they're officially called "anti-athletics" but i dont think anyone would get that.

they arent on this site anymore b/c they're an older style but here: http://www.rocketdog.com/wps/wcm/connec ... /Doghouse/
to give you an idea...

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:25 pm UTC

I R currently in socks, but my two pairs of shoes are black Brooks sneakers (for work) and white Adidas running shoes.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:35 pm UTC

I'm at work in an amazingly over-air conditioned building, so despite the lax dress code, I ALWAYS wear shoes at work.

I'm in a pair of Mudd brown heeled shoes which are ridiculously comfortable. I usually pair them with fun stripey socks, but I have none that are clean or not-chewed up (damn pets).
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

chilibaka

Postby chilibaka » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:02 pm UTC

I never wear shoes at home and I seldom use socks, too. So people get to see the hideous things called my feet. I think it is a little bit of a cultural thing. In Finland it is a custom to take your shoes off while at your or somebody else's home. That's why the doors in houses open outwards here, otherwise the shoes inside would get hit.

It's hard for me to find a good pair of shoes that I like because my feet are rather large (size 47[EUR] / 13[US]). The shoes I currently have are a pair of Etnies skate shoes and a pair of Crocs sandal/shoe things.

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:18 pm UTC

I've dated two Hawaiians, who are in the habit of removing their shoes whenever they go into someone's home. My current boyfriend takes off his shoes for the sake of his carpet (and for comfort), so by this time, I'm pretty used to taking my shoes off whenever I'm inside someone's home, except my own.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:21 pm UTC

I'm wearing a pair of clunky-heeled "boots" (i.e. high heels that aren't all dainty and strappy). I would be much happier wearing no shoes, but I'm in the office, and most of the shoes I wear to work can't be slipped off and on while I'm sitting down. I take my shoes off the moment I get home, I am way more comfortable shoe-less.
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Eleven

Postby Eleven » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:21 pm UTC

No shoes. Periwinkle socks. Pink bleach stains. I don't know either.

I wear dark blue Adidas Ozweego VIs (bwuh?), blue and white Sport Skechers, and white K-swiss somethings. I think they're all discontinued because that's when I can afford to get shoes XD.
Oh, always sneakers. I hate shoes. And boots remind me that I'm short.

Klye

Postby Klye » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:32 pm UTC

Nothing right now. If I had to be wearing shoes right now, I'd be in my brown canvas flip-flops (it is summer). If those didn't count, I'd be wearing some sort of Pumas... I have 4 or 5 pairs.
Phi wrote: Be careful when touching it though. It really expands.

Why would she say that?!?

Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 pm UTC

mmm cold cold barefeet.. my ugg boots are downstairs :( Im a fan of never ever wearing shoes in summer.. but in winter i get cold feet.
She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here.
-Neil Gaiman

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 pm UTC

EWWW UGG BOOTS :( (terrible choice, btw)

I am currently wearing these cool Mizuno running shoes. The logo is appealing and the shoes are really comfortable. They're falling apart, as I have probably had about 600 or 700 miles on them.

peter

Postby peter » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:48 pm UTC

Just got finished golfing, so I was wearing some nice Nike golf shoes. However, I usually wear just normal Nike running shoes or Wilson tennis shoes.

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 am UTC

I never wear shoes inside. Barefoot is better! When I must , I wear a pair of truly battered birkenstocks, or my blue-and-white sneakers with no brand to speak of.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:49 am UTC

My knee high ugg boots. It is cold in this house and they keep my feet super warm.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

electoralfraud
BRUTALLY Bolshy!

Postby electoralfraud » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 am UTC

White and green Duffs like green flashes, but leather.
Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:25 am UTC

My socks are also black and white (albeit striped).

Dibley

Postby Dibley » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:02 am UTC

Beat up black leather K-Swiss that I bought for 99 cents at a thrift store and then improved with a red marker. Have you ever noticed that putting red ink on a black background tends to make a golden shine?

arbivark

Postby arbivark » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:10 am UTC

None right now.
I only wear converse chuck taylors.
Lost all my money when converse went bankrupt awhile back - they are made by nike now, in china, probably in sweatshops.
Still wear the shoes.

arcticfox.sq

Postby arcticfox.sq » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 am UTC

Doesn't anyone else wear slippers at home? I'd rather be barefoot but my mom/grandma are all *gaspshock Oh me yarm you're a girl you can't be barefoot omigodomigodomigod you'll get terrible terrible gynological diseases when you're older if your feet are cold omigodomigod* :S I've gotten tired of trying to argue (it IS 30 degrees outside celcius).. so I've been wearing slippers at home for the past... my life.

Anyone know if there's actually any correlation beyond Chinese medicinal myth?

Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!

Postby Alisto » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:20 am UTC

arcticfox.sq wrote:my mom/grandma are all *gaspshock Oh me yarm you're a girl you can't be barefoot omigodomigodomigod you'll get terrible terrible gynological diseases when you're older if your feet are cold omigodomigod*

this.is.hilarious.

as for there being any truth... if bare feet somehow lead to gynocological diseases, you're doing something very wrong.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 am UTC

chilibaka wrote:I never wear shoes at home and I seldom use socks, too. So people get to see the hideous things called my feet. I think it is a little bit of a cultural thing. In Finland it is a custom to take your shoes off while at your or somebody else's home. That's why the doors in houses open outwards here, otherwise the shoes inside would get hit.

It's hard for me to find a good pair of shoes that I like because my feet are rather large (size 47[EUR] / 13[US]). The shoes I currently have are a pair of Etnies skate shoes and a pair of Crocs sandal/shoe things.

My sister has almost exactly the same feet as you. Seriously. I'm going to assume yours are larger, but apart from that you could be foot-twins. Wow. I'm actually really shocked. (She takes some of the hair off of hers, but when she lets it grow = exact twin)

And I never wear shoes. Where I come from it's considered rude to wear shoes inside and unhealthy to wear anything other than jandals. The only pair of proper shoes I own is a fancy black pair for school and funerals and the like.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

arcticfox.sq

Postby arcticfox.sq » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 am UTC

Alisto wrote:
arcticfox.sq wrote:my mom/grandma are all *gaspshock Oh me yarm you're a girl you can't be barefoot omigodomigodomigod you'll get terrible terrible gynological diseases when you're older if your feet are cold omigodomigod*

this.is.hilarious.

as for there being any truth... if bare feet somehow lead to gynocological diseases, you're doing something very wrong.

... I dunno, they seem pretty convinced, though they failled to provide any substancial proof or theory behind this. All I've managed to gleen from all the panicked "PUT YOUR SLIPPERS BACK ON!!!"s is that the feet are ..er.. connected to your body :S But then, so is your head... I mean, arthritis I might understand, but gyno?

I think it's a Chinese thing, because a lot of my parents friends say that too, like something part of the whole ancient herbal/natural medicine thing where they say you can't eat grapes and fish together and stuff...

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:39 am UTC

arcticfox.sq wrote:
Alisto wrote:

this.is.hilarious.

... I dunno, they seem pretty convinced, though they failled to provide any substancial proof or theory behind this. All I've managed to gleen from all the panicked "PUT YOUR SLIPPERS BACK ON!!!"s is that the feet are ..er.. connected to your body :S But then, so is your head... I mean, arthritis I might understand, but gyno?

I think it's a Chinese thing, because a lot of my parents friends say that too, like something part of the whole ancient herbal/natural medicine thing where they say you can't eat grapes and fish together and stuff...

The sensory regions for the feet and the genitalia are quite close in the brain. Plus it's a well documented fact that germs can easily be picked up by your feet and then travel up your legs until they find a nice place to, um, y'know...
i'm fucking magic

Solt

Postby Solt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:42 am UTC

Man, why would you ever wear shoes at home? You people don't sleep in your shoes too, do you? Not only is there the comfort factor, everything on the bottom of your shoes you pick up from walking around ends up on your floor if you wear them at home. Dirt, bacteria, viruses, mold, pollen, small insects. And don't your feet sweat? That. is. gross.

And arcticfox, I've got two asian roommates and let's just say that little annoys me more than superstition/superstitious medicine. I think one of my roommates is afraid to tell me any of her superstitions now because I attack them so much :?
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,
produced a more reliable product. But sailors do
not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a
most annoying habit of splitting in two."
-J.W. Morris

deadly penguin

Postby deadly penguin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:44 am UTC

...and I never thought this picture would have any use!

arcticfox.sq

Postby arcticfox.sq » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:49 am UTC

pollywog wrote:
arcticfox.sq wrote:
Alisto wrote:

this.is.hilarious.

The sensory regions for the feet and the genitalia are quite close in the brain. Plus it's a well documented fact that germs can easily be picked up by your feet and then travel up your legs until they find a nice place to, um, y'know...

The sensory thing, I've heard of, but I can't think how the coldness of the feet causing later complications there...

And as for bacteria, wouldn't warm feet encourage more bacterial growth? Like.. think sweaty gym shoes

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 am UTC

Too true, too true. I have no idea :D
i'm fucking magic

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:45 am UTC

FINALLY this thread has been made

I only own 2 pairs of shoes, my school shoes and my 3 year old basketball shoes!

I wear my bball shoes everywhere (including now), they are very muddy and they are falling apart, I dont wanna get new shoes but will have to, I like this thread.

A few years ago I wouldn't wear shoes, and my feet have callouses, I can pretty much walk over anything without my feet getting sore (prickles included).

Thanks for the thread
=]

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:07 am UTC

well I'm not wearing them right this second but,

I'm 19 years old light up tennies fit me
Getting a picture of the lighting up is tricky.

i bet you're jealous :D

FiercestCalm

Postby FiercestCalm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:14 am UTC

Being in Japan, and at home, I am wearing no shoes.

I have a beat up pair of gray New Balance sneakers that I wear a lot, especially since it started raining. I also have a pair of rainbow flip flops, which I was very against until I came here and I needed a pair of durable, comfy sandals.
I also have girly shoes, but Tokyo=walking, and I value comfort over sexiness. I guess I'm not great at being a girl, but at least my feet aren't a warzone!

Return to “General”