What shoes are you wearing?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Are you wearing shoes right now?

Yup
29%
Nope
71%

Total votes: 48

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:33 am UTC

__Kit wrote:FINALLY this thread has been made

I only own 2 pairs of shoes, my school shoes and my 3 year old basketball shoes!

I wear my bball shoes everywhere (including now), they are very muddy and they are falling apart, I dont wanna get new shoes but will have to, I like this thread.

A few years ago I wouldn't wear shoes, and my feet have callouses, I can pretty much walk over anything without my feet getting sore (prickles included).

Thanks for the thread

This is how my feet are. Whenever I don't have to wear shoes, I won't. As a result, massive calluses enabling me too stamp on gorse, walk across fire, kill dragons etc. It's the funnest thing ever to be walking barefoot down a gravel road and watch people wince at every step you take.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:00 am UTC

pollywog wrote:

I only own 2 pairs of shoes, my school shoes and my 3 year old basketball shoes!

I wear my bball shoes everywhere (including now), they are very muddy and they are falling apart, I dont wanna get new shoes but will have to, I like this thread.

A few years ago I wouldn't wear shoes, and my feet have callouses, I can pretty much walk over anything without my feet getting sore (prickles included).

Thanks for the thread

This is how my feet are. Whenever I don't have to wear shoes, I won't. As a result, massive calluses enabling me too stamp on gorse, walk across fire, kill dragons etc. It's the funnest thing ever to be walking barefoot down a gravel road and watch people wince at every step you take.

haha my feet were like that as a kid.. but you know.. highschool teachers are kinda strict about the wearing of shoes.. and employers are even stricter :( my feet arent as tough as they used to be.. gravel hurts.
She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here.
-Neil Gaiman

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:14 am UTC

pollywog wrote:

Thanks for the thread

Yeah the gravel one is good, and running across prickly grass. :twisted:
But my feet used to just be black, impossible to clean.
=]

Fat Kat

Postby Fat Kat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 am UTC

Green and yellow canvas shoes obtained from Paris for 20 euros (bonus!)

I can't believe they let me wear these to work...
I've totally pimped your phone, girlfriend!

Bondolon

Postby Bondolon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:44 am UTC

I normally only wear thong sandals. I wear "shoes" whenever I need to, which is infrequently. I really like sandals, as I can take my shoes off at will, with no difficulty.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:59 am UTC

Boots.

Big and American, with some steel thrown in.

Just like me.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Phenriz
I'm daaancin' like a monkey!

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:25 pm UTC

My Shoes:

that are in desperate need of a shine and repair.
I loveded you piggy, i lovded youuuu!!!

robinberghuys

Postby robinberghuys » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:57 pm UTC

They are awesome, trust me.

Mairead

Postby Mairead » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:25 pm UTC

I'm now wearing black Converses with all these cartoon on the back.

My friend bought a pair of plain white Converses a month ago and we painted them multi-coloured. They turned out pretty awesome.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:29 pm UTC

No shoes right now. Infact the only shoes I ever really wear are a pair of ugg boots for keeping feet warm around the house and my normal shoes which I have been informed are "skate shoes" which are slightly old and can eat through socks somewhere around the speed of a raptor now... or atleast a bunny with the mind of a raptor.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:30 pm UTC

Wear like boots, perform like cross-trainers.

Mine are coming apart, though. I need to get a new pair of utility boots, and a new pair of big stompy goth boots.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Sitnaltax

Postby Sitnaltax » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:44 pm UTC

Right now: socks.

Whenever I leave the apartment: New Balance cross-trainers, black. A pair seems to last about two years of daily use, after which it's retired to mud/wet/mess duty.

If I wear anything dressier I always end up having to run or jump or kick something and regretting not wearing the athletic shoes.

I'm a Midwesterner and always take off my shoes when entering someone's house or apartment.
I will not succumb to evil, unless she's cute.

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:56 am UTC

I'm at home right now, and I'm wearing socks and slippers.

Red plastic slippers from China that were bought for approximately 35 cents. They're very comfy...

Phenriz
I'm daaancin' like a monkey!

Postby Phenriz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:38 am UTC

flip flops i bought 2 years ago, man they look ragged but they fit perfectly.
I loveded you piggy, i lovded youuuu!!!

NathanielK

Postby NathanielK » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 am UTC

I'm barefoot. Not just in the house, anywhere I can get away with it. I do carry around a pair of sandals for businesses that would kick me out otherwise, and I have a pair of sneakers for the winter, when the temperature goes much below 50°F (10°C). Otherwise, barefoot. I feel a bit like Sam Vimes--how can people stand never feeling the ground beneath their feet?
This message composed of 100% post-consumer electrons.
My blag

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:10 am UTC

Negative on the shoes right now. Was wearing some beat up clunkers all day today with no socks (none clean). BIG FRICKIN' MISTAKE. Got to work and found out that my job description had been altered to include manual labor for the day. Dammit.

Huge blisters on my feet :(
And I have to do it again tommorrow.
And Saturday.
And Sunday.

Pero

Postby Pero » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:25 am UTC

When I'm in my own house, its probably about 50-50 whether I'm wearing shoes or not. If I'm in someone elses house I almost always remove my shoes.

Also, I'd go barefoot more (gravel isn't a big deal) but we have too much of this stuff around, and I'd rather not have my feet full of holes.

EDIT: I forgot to answer the question at hand! I am not currently wearing shoes.
Last edited by Pero on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:34 am UTC

Being at home, I'm not wearing shoes. Not because I'm all "Japan is cool, lol", but because I hate vacuuming up whatever crap I managed to step in during the course of the day.

And that one day, literally, I stepped in crap while at work. Long story, but I'm pretty sure it was human. Luckily, it was my left shoe, so after chucking it into the dumpster, I could still drive home.

But.. now I'm sorry I told you all that. And yet, I'm still going to hit submit while there's still time to erase it. How dumb am I?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:35 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Being at home, I'm not wearing shoes. Not because I'm all "Japan is cool, lol", but because I hate vacuuming up whatever crap I managed to step in during the course of the day.

And that one day, literally, I stepped in crap while at work. Long story, but I'm pretty sure it was human. Luckily, it was my left shoe, so after chucking it into the dumpster, I could still drive home.

But.. now I'm sorry I told you all that. And yet, I'm still going to hit submit while there's still time to erase it. How dumb am I?
TELL THE STORY!!!!!!!!

Blatm

Postby Blatm » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 am UTC

I'm surprised at the amount of people who wear shoes at home. I'd be so uncomfortable!

When I'm out, I wear Nike ***Walking*** shoes. Yeah. They're like running shoes, but not quite as comfortable.

Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:12 am UTC

mmmm ugg boots for the cold...

http://www.sheepskinfactory.com.au/html/shortb.html

ugly as sin, warm as toast :)
She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here.

-Neil Gaiman

Return to “General”