REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
eristic
Mmm, superhero brains! Nom nom nom...
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:51 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby eristic » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:16 pm UTC

lipebr wrote:misconception: Brazilians spend their day running away from the monkeys and snakes that inhabit our streets, dancing samba and playing soccer.

misconception: just because I'm Brazilian i must be an awesome soccer player. I'm not even that much into soccer.. i only watch the world cup.


You are also a maestro in capoeira since you are from Brazil I take it?
Clerria wrote:
eristic wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Haikus are simple
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Berengal » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:05 pm UTC

When I was a kid I believed everyone's personality was defined based on their role in society. For example, a friend's mom was just like my mom, except modulated by his behaviour (which of course meant she would be exactly like my mom if I was exactly like him).
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:27 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Hm... do you also have people fucking up Learn and Teach?

"I had that learned to me last week"


I say that all the time. Of course, when I say it, it's as ironic as a horse.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Maseiken » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:22 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Hm... do you also have people fucking up Learn and Teach?

"I had that learned to me last week"


I say that all the time. Of course, when I say it, it's as ironic as a horse.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone I know Genuinely mixing up Learn and Teach.

I guess it's possible...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Belial » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:31 am UTC

Khonsu wrote:Besides that New Scientist article and a few BBC articles a year or so ago, I have seen no source updated to reflect new information, like any of the sex-ed websites that are touted as so amazing or intelligent or anything like that. I suppose it takes a while, but you'd think this would be splashed everywhere. :<


It was splashed in enough places for me to be aware of it via osmosis, if that counts for anything. That said, I probably picked it up from Dan Savage or altsexcolumn.com or somesuch.

Popular Misconception I Hate: People who don't speak well are stupid. Language is difficult for people with communication disorders, Deafness/Hard of Hearing, and have English as a second language. Why do people assume that because it's hard for someone to communicate in speech, that they're dumb? People often write very differently than they speak, myself included. >_>;


I'm guilty of this. It isn't always a misconception. My conscious mind is aware that poor speech does not necessarily imply poor cognition, especially in those who don't speak english natively. By the same token, my conscious mind is aware that the piece of something protruding above the water is not indicative of the size of the full object, especially when that object is an iceberg. That doesn't keep my unconscious mind from assuming that the person/object is dumb/tiny when I'm not consciously forcing it to think otherwise.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:14 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:Yeah, I can't imagine anyone I know Genuinely mixing up Learn and Teach.

I guess it's possible...



Yeah.. the phrase "She done learned me how to write good." is an example of a phrase spoken fairly often by individuals in my hometown. Yet another reason I don't live there anymore.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby darwinwins » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:17 pm UTC

misconception: oasis sucks.

correction: oasis does not suck. at least not when they were still doing hardcore drugs.

/that's right, i grew up in the 90's.
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:23 pm UTC

...but .... that's an opinion.... and.. seriously, Oasis sucks.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby darwinwins » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:28 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:...but .... that's an opinion.... and.. seriously, Oasis sucks.

oh yeah?

misconception: you will die a horrible death

reality: you will die a death crime novelists will marvel at for decades -- perhaps centuries.
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

User avatar
scowdich
The Hedgehog
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby scowdich » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC

Misconception: that that previous post was only vaguely threatening.

I'm gonna go hide now.

User avatar
lipebr
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:57 am UTC
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby lipebr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:34 pm UTC

eristic wrote:
lipebr wrote:misconception: Brazilians spend their day running away from the monkeys and snakes that inhabit our streets, dancing samba and playing soccer.

misconception: just because I'm Brazilian i must be an awesome soccer player. I'm not even that much into soccer.. i only watch the world cup.


You are also a maestro in capoeira since you are from Brazil I take it?



lol... that is one i wasn't familiar with :p


misconception: cat are untrustworthy animals that don't care for their owners, only for their food.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

I know for a fact (because of my learnings) that in Welsh and several other languages there are no distinct words for 'learn' and 'teach', but a single word embodying the passing of knowledge or information. It works quite well as long as a dose of common sense is used to discern where the knowledge is going. In fact, in a combination dialect of Welsh and English (Wenglish) used in the valleys, people often use just 'learn' as a consequence of only having the one word in Welsh. Though I've never, ever seen it the other way round, like someone saying "I teached that...". Strange, I suppose.
Image

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby JayDee » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:11 am UTC

lipebr wrote:misconception: cat are untrustworthy animals that don't care for their owners, only for their food.
Yes. The truth is, that cats are out and out evil. They don't care for their food, either.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

User avatar
Quadropus
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Quadropus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Annoying misconceptions:
1) Because I read for pleasure I mustn't have any form of social life.
2) The same one that many other people have said; because I can work computers quite well I will be able to make some shitty program of theirs work by looking at it.
3) That because I wear a suit at school and study physics I must be a geek.

I could go on, but it is 2.43am and I should probably sleep soon....
Image

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

User avatar
Azraelle
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:04 pm UTC
Location: Apartment 73
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Azraelle » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:05 am UTC

Misconception: Because I can draw, I enjoy it, and (I'm told) I don't completely suck at it, I must enjoy "arting up" signs for things like garage sales, birthday cards, and other various labels.

Truth: I hate making cards, signs, and labels. Passionately.
Obligatory self-promoting signature starts here.
Bristled - surprise, it's a comic.
Thank you for your understanding. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled end of my post.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby darwinwins » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 pm UTC

misconception: the alchemist by paulo coehlo is a good book

reality: tripe.
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

EstLladon
Beat you to the park. From RUSSIA.
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:23 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby EstLladon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:39 am UTC

darwinwins wrote:misconception: the alchemist by paulo coehlo is a good book


I do not like Coehlo. But my favorite phrase of him is in "Alchemist". So it is not that worthless.
From Russia with math.

@trophy
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:32 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby @trophy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:01 pm UTC

Can we add "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" to that particular list?

Here's a clue, college professors: just because shit is weird, that doesn't make it good.

My paper was titled "The Unbearable Experience of Reading Kundera".
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Cheese » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 pm UTC

Quadropus wrote:3) That because I wear a suit at school and study physics I must be a geek.
This is actually probably not a misconception, however:

Misconception: That being a geek is a bad thing.

For the right definition of 'geek', it's great!
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:53 pm UTC

I know. I love biting the heads off live chickens too!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby darwinwins » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I know. I love biting the heads off live chickens too!

booooo. bad and dated joke. booooo.

*throws lettuce
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:07 pm UTC

Booooo. Extremely annoying forumer. Booooo
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
DesperatMezures
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 am UTC
Location: In a cold, dark place, on a computer
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby DesperatMezures » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 am UTC

Misconception: Because I am a male with long, curly black hair (check the soul-glow scene from Coming to America to see what I mean(I don't even use a product, I was born with it!)) I WANT random strangers to come up and run their hands through it, WITHOUT ASKING.

It's bad enough that you don't know me, but then you just reach over and get your hands all up in my head without so much as asking me? Not cool. It hurts too, and nobody seems to realize it, not even my mom.

My girlfriend is the only person who has rights to touch it, in addition to me. She actually doesn't finger comb it, so it doesn't hurt.

As of now, I vow to scissor kick the next stranger who tries it, even if it's a girl. Or at least yell at them. Or look angrily in their general direction.
OLEANA, PUT SOME JELJEL ON MY WUUD TO MAKE IT YOOJ SO I CAN GO BAVOOM!

User avatar
Mystitat
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:52 am UTC
Location: CA or NY

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Mystitat » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:07 am UTC

Misconception: "Just deleting" spam email makes you a savvy computer user.

When I was in high school, for one reason or another, I often attended meetings at which I was the only young one among several adults of late middle age (don't ask). At least a few times the conversation would turn to computers, and invariably, to spam. It would start with an exclamation of how much someone receives, followed by joking over the ridiculous things the messages would contain, invariably followed by somone proudly exclaiming, "Well, I just delete it!" This exclamation would be seconded by almost everyone in the room, because no one wanted to sound like they didn't know what to do with spam!

Honestly, if you actually know what you're doing, chances are, you don't get any spam in your inbox at all (gmail, anyone? I can honestly say I see < 1 spam message per month).

It is worth noting that this was around the time when aol was really pushing the "identity theft ... SCARY!!" sorts of commercials.
Ramen time!

Gadren
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:54 pm UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Gadren » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:27 am UTC

Misconception: Because I can use computers well, fixing your computer is the highlight of my day. (Although, I have to admit, I get a perverse pleasure out of cleaning keyboards.)

Misconception: Relationships and friendships on the Internet mean nothing, and everyone online is a rapist wanting to get at you.

Misconception: Eragon was such an amazing book, and Paolini was so amazing because he wrote it at 19. I'm 19, and I wrote a fantasy novel for NaNoWriMo. I think it's better than the tripe Paolini got his parents to publish, but I don't have delusions that it's the next Lord of the Rings or anything.

User avatar
Mothra
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:27 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Mothra » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 am UTC

Misconception: That talking about 'evil polka-dotted llamas', handing out 'free cookiiiies :3' and worshiping the great 'toe jam God of goats' or whatever makes you 'crazeh xD'.

No, it doesn't. It does not. You are not crazy, you are not randomlol, and if I hear one more fifteen-year-old forcibly blurt out 'squeep' and then say 'sorry, I'm just crazy!', I am going to be chewing on some jugular.

/scrooge

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:22 pm UTC

Crazy people have no idea that masturbating with strawberry preserves to images of dead cats is in any way unusual, so they don't talk about it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Berengal » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 pm UTC

Misconception: Being random is easy.

Being truly random requires you to completely empty your mind, and just grabbing hold of whatever comes out for just an instant before blanking everything again. It's even harder to construct sentances with a semblance of correctness, since you have to limit the random to whatever words fit, and doing this while not blocking anything that should be let through is incredibly hard. Whatever sentances you construct aren't funny either. It's a great way to meditate though.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
Katastrophy
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 pm UTC
Location: Around Toronto, Canada

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Katastrophy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:16 pm UTC

Gadren wrote:Misconception: Eragon was such an amazing book, and Paolini was so amazing because he wrote it at 19. I'm 19, and I wrote a fantasy novel for NaNoWriMo. I think it's better than the tripe Paolini got his parents to publish, but I don't have delusions that it's the next Lord of the Rings or anything.

I don't get people who say that book is good. Like, honestly. My parents look at me like I'm insane, because I think it's such garbage.
~Kat

User avatar
william
Not a Raptor. Honest.
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby william » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:02 pm UTC

I remember my sister making fun of one of her ex-boyfriends for liking Eragon.
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Maseiken » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:15 am UTC

Berengal wrote:Misconception: Being random is easy.

Being truly random requires you to completely empty your mind, and just grabbing hold of whatever comes out for just an instant before blanking everything again. It's even harder to construct sentances with a semblance of correctness, since you have to limit the random to whatever words fit, and doing this while not blocking anything that should be let through is incredibly hard. Whatever sentances you construct aren't funny either. It's a great way to meditate though.

That really annoys me, because I find it really hard to random.

If you say Pie or Octopus, you aren't being random, you're just naming things that you know would be though of as random. I wish I could be truly random...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:19 am UTC

No, you don't. You'd make no sense to anyone, ever, and your actions would have no rhyme or reason to them. You'd be just as likely to shoot yourself as you would to fellate a stranger.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:22 am UTC

I'm all for it, if it results in me getting a blow job.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Aleril » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:23 am UTC

I hate the misconception that when someone sees what ever song I am listening to at the time, they think that that is the only type of music I like.
Image

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:27 am UTC

Crap is not a genre.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:44 am UTC

It's not?

SHIT!

I thought I listened to a unified genre, but I guess I just listen to a bunch of random untalented stuff.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
scowdich
The Hedgehog
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby scowdich » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:18 am UTC

Misconception: Because something is British, it isn't funny. Honestly, BBC shows older than I am are funnier than 95 percent of anything I've seen made in Hollywood in years.

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Berengal » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:20 am UTC

scowdich wrote:Misconception: Because something is British, it isn't funny. Honestly, BBC shows older than I am are funnier than 95 percent of anything I've seen made in Hollywood in years.

Only in America...
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
ishikiri
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby ishikiri » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:17 am UTC

darwinwins wrote:misconception: oasis sucks.

correction: oasis does not suck. at least not when they were still doing hardcore drugs.

/that's right, i grew up in the 90's.


Blur were/are better.

Good misconception my friend told me about (we're northerners):

London girl: Is it true what they say about Northern guys?
My friend: Whats that?
LG: you know they're. . . well hung.
MF: Yes.

Can any southern UK gals tell me if there are people who actually think this? Please say yes, it will make me very happy.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

User avatar
Bingo Little
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:37 am UTC

Re: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions

Postby Bingo Little » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:53 am UTC

Person 1000 with an annoying misconception:

Just because I am moderately computer literate and can use the internet, I know how to install your wireless network/whatever. No. No I don't.

Anyone who uses forums on the internet, at all, is a hopeless nerd who has no real life communication except with the man delivering the pizza.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests