radiation chart

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ganglion

radiation chart

Postby ganglion » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:48 pm UTC

Just wanted to say thanks for this - I like stuff like like this that lays out complex information in a form that's easy for people to take in. I've passed the link to some environmentalist friends.

Would be great to have a similar chart comparing amounts of money that are significant when trying to understand business/economics news. E.g.
- average income in US and a few other countries.
- personal income and wealth distribution in a few countries.
- GDP of a few countries.
- yearly cash flow of some well known multinationals.
- costs of some representative large civil engineering projects?
- maybe something to give an idea of the distribution of company size versus turnover?
- could do 'cost of every $CONSUMER_GOOD in the world' for CONSUMER_GOOD in apple computer bicycle car house etc? This one might be tricky to work out though.

Adacore

Re: radiation chart

Postby Adacore » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:17 pm UTC

There's a thread about the chart in N&A here. Other similar charts would indeed be interesting - feel free to make one for economics! :D

ganglion

Re: radiation chart

Postby ganglion » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:30 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:There's a thread about the chart in N&A here. Other similar charts would indeed be interesting - feel free to make one for economics! :D

Fair enough. I'm not up for it right now, but might have a go some time if I get the time/energy. Also I don't know that much about the subject - someone who did would probably have a better idea of interesting comparisons and quirky facts to throw in.

Return to “General”