Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Earlz
Gets Obvious Implications

Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Postby Earlz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:19 am UTC

Just say some of the dreams you had last night, or possibly dreams you had some other time...I don't want to make anything strict..

anyway...I don't really remember any dreams last night..lol...I just thought it'd be a good topic..
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 am UTC

I remember remembering that I had a dream, but I can't remember the dream, damn... I remember thinking it wasn't necessarily a bad dream, which is the norm for me.
=]

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 am UTC

I remember dreams very well, and I'm a quite accomplished lucid dreamer. However, I don't remember a damn thing from last night.

niko7865

Postby niko7865 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 am UTC

It was my birthday. My parents took me and my dream girlfriend out to dinner, along with a bunch of other people. The restaurant was filled with water and all the plates floated. The coconut prawns were delicious and I felt bad that my parents were going to have to pay for it all. Then I woke up.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:26 am UTC

i really wanted to pretend to have had the same dream as someone and freak them out. alas, the thread is not quite long enough to get away with this.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:36 am UTC

German Sausage wrote:i really wanted to pretend to have had the same dream as someone and freak them out. alas, the thread is not quite long enough to get away with this.

Well, jeez. I was going to do that too!

*shakes head*

Well, now I can't...
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Earlz

Postby Earlz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:50 am UTC

only thing I remember from my dream is seeing a girls face(a girl I use to like, but now hate)...really weird...

umm..yea...I sadly have only had like 3 lucid dreams...I have had many dreams where I know I'm in a dream, but can't control it though...
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

Roun

Postby Roun » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:52 am UTC

I dreamed that I went to college, and everyone there had super powers, like, there was this one girl who could do fire, and another guy that kept following us around that could do something, but I can't remember what. And I was a Red Mage (like, from Final Fantasy) and could cast spells and stuff.

Yeah... need to get out more.

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to share this one thing, happened about 4 years ago.

Okay, it was summer, and I had gotten out of school a few weeks ago. I kept having dreams that I was back at school, and I had forgotten my books at home.

So, after having similar dreams over and over again for a few weeks, I said to myself, "Okay, if I have another dream like that, I just have to remember that it's just a dream. School let out already."

So, I do have another dream, and I'm sitting in a row of desks with some other people.

Then I come to the realization: "School is out! This is just a dream!" I announce so aloud(in the dream).

Then the guy next to me says, "If this is a dream, then why are we here at school?"

"Oh, good point." And I go back to working.

After waking up: "Dammit!"
Last edited by Roun on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:53 am UTC

Earlz wrote:only thing I remember from my dream is seeing a girls face(a girl I use to like, but now hate)...really weird...

umm..yea...I sadly have only had like 3 lucid dreams...I have had many dreams where I know I'm in a dream, but can't control it though...
Lucid dreaming is a skill. My dreams are also INCREDIBLY immersive and often pretty difficult to tell from reality.

There have been 1 or 2 occasions where I've gone to sleep on a Wednesday, had a dream, gotten up, gone about my day in full-on Friday mode, only to discover I only dreamt Thursday when a friend doesn't recall a conversation I try to reference.

My peoplewatching habits probably don't help this.

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:03 am UTC

une see wrote:
German Sausage wrote:i really wanted to pretend to have had the same dream as someone and freak them out. alas, the thread is not quite long enough to get away with this.

Well, jeez. I was going to do that too!

*shakes head*

Well, now I can't...

well, niether of us can, but it might add to the credibility of *someone* who *does* try and convince people about tapping into the collective subconscious. maybe. it will have to wait for a few pages though, to give people time to forget.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:07 am UTC

I was in a large building in a city, and I looked out the window, and the guy in the window I was looking into was playing Lumines on his TV. That's all I remember about it.

Now I want to play Lumines, though.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 am UTC

I was in my bedroom and I couldn't find paper.

That was my entire dream. It may seem pretty mundane to you, but it scared the hell out of me.

xooll

Postby xooll » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:13 am UTC

I can't remember the context for this scene, if there was any...
I'm talking to two girls. I don't know either of them. They are attractive, and I'm a bit uncomfortable because I don't know either of them, so I want to break the ice. One of them mentions something about a monkey (I think that she had been partnered with a monkey to complete some task, and they'd become friends), and expresses sadness that the monkey has been sent into space for experimental purposes. The other one is making fun of her, joking that all space monkeys get hit with a stick. I add something about how the stick-beating is so that the monkeys will be compressed properly before going into space. Then the first girl says something about how that makes no sense because space is a negative relative pressure, and then we're talking about whether being compressed would help to compensate for the negative pressure, or if it would be better to get the monkey acclimated to the low pressure beforehand.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

saxything43

Postby saxything43 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:46 am UTC

I had to go to a department store with my girlfriend, and my dad had to drive. But the department store was WAY more ghetto than it normally was. Like with graffiti and trash and stuff out front. And this RIDICULOUSLY tall guy with a mask over his face was walking out front. He randomly shot the car, and i got shot in the shoulder three times. I was like "oh dang. now i have to go to the hospital." Except then i was magically out of the car, watching it drive away, with the guy still trying to kill me. I was running around the parking lot for the rest of the dream, never made it to the hospital but didn't die of blood loss either.

Pretty weird, all in all.
This post brought you to by the number 42.

Cephalus

Postby Cephalus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:54 am UTC

The dream last night, that I can remember, was rather massive and strange. It started out with me playing pool in some basement, and then losing my pool cue. I spent forever wandering around trying to look for it, but their seemed to be some party going on and I had no luck. Eventually, I figured out that some mean and huge (like 250 pounds) female had something to do with it, when the dream segued into some weird chase sequence, where I was running from these 4+ people that looked identical to eachother, and I would see them chasing me from a fixed point, set to music and perfectly choreographed. There was some explanation that made sense to me at the time for why these people were after me, but I have no idea what that was now.
Lurker Extraordinaire

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:15 am UTC

I was riding a motorcycle that flew. Accelerating would push me farther and farther into the air. I tried to comprehend how this magical machine worked and then woke up.

Most fun I've had in a while.
Sometimes when I'm sick, or feeling blue, I drink vinegar. I like all kinds: balsamic, vodka, orange juice, leaves.

screech

Postby screech » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 am UTC

Roun wrote:Okay, it was summer, and I had gotten out of school a few weeks ago. I kept having dreams that I was back at school, and I had forgotten my books at home.

So, after having similar dreams over and over again for a few weeks, I said to myself, "Okay, if I have another dream like that, I just have to remember that it's just a dream. School let out already."

So, I do have another dream, and I'm sitting in a row of desks with some other people.

Then I come to the realization: "School is out! This is just a dream!" I announce so aloud(in the dream).

Then the guy next to me says, "If this is a dream, then why are we here at school?"

"Oh, good point." And I go back to working.

After waking up: "Dammit!"

Ah, that sucks when it happens.

For my dream:

I got on a bus that was meant to be for disabled people to go to a football match. On the bus, I was listening to this girl who was claiming that you could find the entire world reflected in certain electronica beats. This she demonstrated by beatboxing them. I was thinking "Right..." when the bus came to the football stop.
But it didn't stop! The driver was evil! He sped past all the stops and took us into this building owned by Mr. Burns. On the roof, people were constructing heaps of girders. Mr. Burns's plan was to crush us all into chocolate, with the help of the Jolly Rancher people.
We were out of the bus, and the girders came down. We were trapped in a girder maze. I raced around, looking for a way out, and found a hole in one of the walls. We all went through, but then we were in a lobby, and the glass doors were locked. I told everyone to look for something to smash the glass, then found a drinking fountain. I picked it up, then suddenly there was someone outside the doors berating me for getting into this whole mess. Since he didn't seem to be opening the door, I threw the fountain anyway, and the doors opened (but didn't smash).

And there was another dream like a game screen. There were four monsters you could choose from, and three of them had the special attack Jurassic Shift, which in the dream's words "would summon soldiers from humanity from underground". They would attack the enemy, while you distracted the crowds. One of the monsters, which was the one demonstrating the attack, was like a huge cat, and the one which didn't have the attack was rather like a triceratops.
alitheiapsis wrote:HEY NOW DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT BRONTOSAURUSES

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 am UTC

i watched The Corrupter and The Lady in the Water right before bed and i vaguely remember something about lots of guns and being undercover... whether it was for law enforcement or not i dont remember. and then there was the dog :shock: :evil:

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

deadly penguin

Postby deadly penguin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 am UTC

One of my most interesting dreams happened a few years ago...
I was in my livingroom, newly carpeted with grass, with my brothers. There was a strange puddle in the middle of the room, though they explained that they were trying to grow an indoor pool. After a while they started taunting an odd-looking plant growing behind the couch, though the plant retaliated by biting them.
Next thing I remember was jogging down a sidewalk with two of my friends, trying to save my other friend from a car...or something. Eventually my other friend says he has to go back. Next thing that happens is my remaining friend takes off a mask, revealing himself to be the friend who I thought had left, and starts sprinting. I, unable to keep up, dive to grab his ankles, and am dragged along. We pass my math teacher, who's desk is situated in front of the school. After hearing her remark about how strange everything is (after all, she decided to move her desk outside to get away from whatever weird thing was happening inside). Next thing that happens is my friend is about to drag me on the street. I get worried about how badly it'll hurt and awake.

BT

Postby BT » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am UTC

I have these semi-serial dreams where I'm in a post-apocalyptic world and I have to take care of orphans by manipulating and conning people. The dreams aren't connected to each other by anything other then the setting.

In the latest one I was at an opening of some school that was going to save the world by actually educating its students in the sciences and arts, rather then the religious magical world view that was otherwise predominant. After spending what felt like hours running around stealing food and things, the doors were finally being opened, so I went out to the front with a group of other people. Naturally, as soon as the school was open for business, it was attacked and destroyed by a group of terrorists.

I ended up running off into the surrounding forests with a group of about 8 kids. One of their parents lived around there, so we headed to their cabin to take refuge for a while. Unfortunately his parents had been killed while he was away, and the cabin had been taken over by a crazy cat woman who wants to take them and eat them.

It goes on like that for a while, with more and more groups chasing us, until we eventually end up hiding in a cart with a bunch of gypsies. When the police come and ask if the kids are there, I say no, and manage to distract them by standing in front of this kids and pointing at the sky. This is apparently enough to satisfy them, and they leave.

They leave, and the gypsies tell me I'm an amazing magician. I spent the remainder of the dream trying to explain to them that its all psychology and that really shouldn't be so gullible, before waking up in frustration.

The worst part is that outside these dreams, I really can't stand kids.

Kles

Postby Kles » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:26 pm UTC

I don't really remember the dream, but I do remember waking up to my friend Catherine vomitting on the floor. When I got out of bed to get a rag to clean it up, it was gone, as if it was never there.

How odd.

sebbeklang

Postby sebbeklang » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:14 pm UTC

is this thread also for sleep-typing?

rockintom99

Postby rockintom99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

I've had horrible dreams lately. A few nights ago, I was chased down by some people in a car with guns. I ended up jumping off a very high cliff. Didn't even wake up when I hit the ground :(

Dying in dreams isn't very fun...
THIS IS A SIGNATURE.

athelas
A Sophisticated Plagiarism Engine

Postby athelas » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 pm UTC

My friend wrote a play, and while it was being performed, she sneaked out. Part of it apparently involved having various actors recite Shakespearean soliloquies from various plays.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

I dreamed I was at this hotel with some sort of organized group, a small group were going around going in to people's rooms who had left their doors unlocked, and somehow I ended up falling in with that group. Then one time we broke into a room and moments later the occupants came back. They turned out to be a couple of ladies from the overall group whom I had had a few lovely conversations with. They were disapointed with me. I contemplated explaining, but knew it would just be "if your friends jumped off a bridge." I was glad it was just a dream later.

Also I dreamed my two cats from my parents house (one of which is dead 2 years or so now) were in my apartment. I was confused about how they were surviving and I realised I hadn't bought them a liter box. It turned out my housemate Ryan had bought them one and put it in his room. I even told him he could move it, and he insisted it could stay in his room. (unheard of)
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:13 pm UTC

I met a man who had the same phone number as me, but with a different country code. He was from a northern European country (though i can't remember which) and he looked a lot like John Cleese. We were in some enormous store, like a Wal-Mart, but with more open space inside, just chatting and the like. I don't remember the rest, but i do know somehow i ended up in the parking lot with my friend trying to hide something i stole from the store.
"A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire

McLurker

Postby McLurker » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:14 pm UTC

Your mom.

I'll spare you the details

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:39 pm UTC

I dreamed I got a Denis Leary album titled "Cedar Cake", which featured a picture of him on the cover wearing kids clothes and leaning tiredly against the wall of a trashed living room at Christmastime, with "Twelve Days To Go" spray painted on the wall behind him. Then I watched an indoor soccer game wearing only a towel, and spent most of the game trying to get snacks out of a vending machine without money, because my towel had no pockets.

When I take my sleeping meds, I have some fun ones.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:48 pm UTC

I dreamed I was at this hotel with some sort of organized group, a small group were going around going in to people's rooms who had left their doors unlocked, and somehow I ended up falling in with that group. Then one time we broke into a room and moments later the occupants came back. They turned out to be a couple of ladies from the overall group whom I had had a few lovely conversations with. They were disapointed with me. I contemplated explaining, but knew it would just be "if your friends jumped off a bridge." I was glad it was just a dream later.

Also I dreamed my two cats from my parents house (one of which is dead 2 years or so now) were in my apartment. I was confused about how they were surviving and I realised I hadn't bought them a liter box. It turned out my housemate Ryan had bought them one and put it in his room. I even told him he could move it, and he insisted it could stay in his room. (unheard of)
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:11 pm UTC

I had a dream where I was an exotic dancer at my friends' wedding, specifically at the bachelor party in which the bride and I danced for the groom...but the bride's dad was sitting there the whole time too.

Kinda weird...
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:12 pm UTC

Don't worry, you has boobs (probably).

wocket

Postby wocket » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:18 pm UTC

It was my friend's birthday, and I met one of her favorite musicians (Jonathan Richman) and had him call her and sing happy birthday. Then I remembered that another friend's birthday was the next day, so he was called and sung to as well.

Too bad that's not actually going to happen this August. That would be so amazing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:28 pm UTC

Ohhh man... I have some really messed up dreams.

I think last night I had one of my recurring dreams, where I'm skipping school (high school, even though I'm a college graduate) and hanging out down by the river in my hometown. This dream tends to end a lot of different ways- getting caught, getting killed, having sex, being abducted by aliens, fighting a dragon....

Unfortunately, I spent all day the day before doing the opposite of lucid dreaming, i.e. getting really high till I didn't know where the hell I was, my dreams last night were particularly hard to follow, and I don't know how this one ended.

I have some of the greatest dreams, though. I tend to have recurring dreams a lot, but each time they'll end slightly differently. I used to have recurring zombie nightmares, but for the most part I got rid of those. Hooray for controlling your dreams!
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Earlz

Postby Earlz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:59 pm UTC

From last night, I just remember trying to collect cables for my computer..I had a armful, but then I wokeup..

ok...some other time I had this dream,

me and my mom were in Staples, we had bought something and was at the cash register to pay for it, I saw these shiny pieces of paper with weird, unrealistic colors on them(almost indescribable) and I just remember seeing on them "Cold Pennies" and then I asked how much they were and they were like $20 a piece...I think they were photopaper sheets(at 4x6 size)

one other dream is that I was at some water park, and for some reason the slide goes over the walkway...so I was there walking over the slide, and someone was coming down it fast! so I had to jump to get out of the way...then I look back at the slide and they slipped through the wood that was there(like a railroad in slide form) and I said "Oh my God!! they just slipped through the slide! we gotta go help them!" so we raced down...got to the water...and now I don't remember..lol

edit:
lol...I get some of my jokes from dreams actually...or at least some of my random jokes...

also, I love reading other peoples dreams because I love random humor...
DEFIANCE!

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:07 am UTC

I had some really vivid dreams last night. First, I was at this party (which was weird, because i don't frequent parties) and these idiot sluts (which was also weird, because i don't frequent idiot sluts) took me into some weird back room, kind of Saw-esque and were literally fighting to fuck me. Then there was a police raid and we all ran out, and it was like the middle of the afternoon. Then, completely independently, I had this dream where my mom told me that I am not and i will not ever be successful in any definition of the word. I basically have a lot of issues.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:08 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Don't worry, you has boobs (probably).

Thanks, but it was a really bizarre and creepy part. The bride was dressed in a modest and bridely dress, while I was wearing pajama bottoms and a bra. It was a really weird and rather awkward bit.

The neat part of the dream, though, was the actual marriage ceremony - a bunch of us were behind the minister swing dancing and doing choreography. It was like we were taking the place of a church choir, but dancing instead of singing.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

kcr

Postby kcr » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 am UTC

Kles wrote:I don't really remember the dream, but I do remember waking up to my friend Catherine vomitting on the floor. When I got out of bed to get a rag to clean it up, it was gone, as if it was never there.

How odd.

Not to be gross, but it's possible your cat ate it after vomiting (assuming you actually did wake up to your cat puking and didn't just dream it.. that's what you're saying, right?). My dog does that on occasion, and the vet's said it's not an abnormal habit for dogs.

Last night I had a semi-weird dream.. I was in this medieval-ish restaurant place very late at night with one of my close guy friends, one of our mutual more-than-an-acquaintance-but-not-that-close girl friends, one of my girl friends, and a girl I used to be friends with in middle school. I feel like there were other people there but they weren't significant/clear and anyways, I don't remember now. We ate dinner at this place, which was kind of LotRish, and my guy friend kept pissing me off the whole time. He wasn't doing anything especially annoying, just behaving in his usual way. Then after the dinner we decided who got to take home what leftovers. I had a huge tin of mashed potatoes and that was really exciting for me. Then I woke up.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:46 am UTC

A couple days a go I had a dream where I was part of a small, elite team in a training excersise of Capture the Flag run by a scruffy, gruff, blonde-haired Reed Richards who appeared to be drawn by Chris Eliopoulos (he's the guy who pencils the Franklin Richards comics).
For the record, my team was out-numbered, but we creamed the other guys.

Earlz

Postby Earlz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:52 am UTC

Las Vegas?
DEFIANCE!

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:56 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I dreamed I got a Denis Leary album titled "Cedar Cake", which featured a picture of him on the cover wearing kids clothes and leaning tiredly against the wall of a trashed living room at Christmastime, with "Twelve Days To Go" spray painted on the wall behind him. Then I watched an indoor soccer game wearing only a towel, and spent most of the game trying to get snacks out of a vending machine without money, because my towel had no pockets.

awesome :)

I want that album!

dream 2 nights ago: I was scuba diving with David Attenborough and Angelina Jolie, and we found an orange starfish the size of a city block.

Return to “General”