Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Menacing Spike

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:09 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:So I was a passenger on a small cruise ship. Soon after we left port, the crew summoned us up on deck. Obediently, we all gathered near the bow, overlooked by the bridge. The captain ordered one of his crew to open a crate, and out of the crate came some Lovecraftian thing. I don't even remember exactly what it looked like; whenever I looked at it, all I could see was one of its eyes and the reflection of some poor sod's face that was about to get murdered. As soon as it was released, it sucked out the soul of the crew member who had released it (like a dementor from Harry Potter), and then lopped his head off with one swipe of an appendage. The passengers and the low ranking crew all panicked at this point

That sounds really similar to Prisoner of Ice.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:27 pm UTC

I had to google that, but I don't think the "monster in a crate" thing is a particularly new concept. Besides, the whole point, it seemed to me, was not the monster, but the senior crew being evil enough to unleash it and calmly observe the carnage from the safety of the interior of the ship.

As an aside, it screamed like a banshee from Mass Effect 3.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:01 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:I had to google that, but I don't think the "monster in a crate" thing is a particularly new concept. Besides, the whole point, it seemed to me, was not the monster, but the senior crew being evil enough to unleash it and calmly observe the carnage from the safety of the interior of the ship.

As an aside, it screamed like a banshee from Mass Effect 3.

The beginning of Prisoner of Ice occurs on a submarine, the monster is from Lovecraftian mythos, some of your superiors already know this, it lops heads with appendages, and you hide from it behind a hatch.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

Not too long ago: I was floating/gliding/flying around in a circle above a snarly monkey-bear-cat monster that was jumping up trying to get me. I was just too high for it, but it was jumping farther than I thought, and it was starting to snag my leg. I woke up frantically jerking my legs in my bed.

Last night, I was in a meeting and someone mentioned that she didn't like Clara English. I said I thought Clara English was cool. Silence was the response. Then I said, "Sorry, I thought we were randomly telling our opinions of Clara English." My voice was wavery cuz it was a large group and I've gotten nervous in such situations in real life lately. It's weird that my mind houses such things.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:43 am UTC

I kept dreaming I was in car accidents. In a weird way, though, I'd be driving along at my job (Gluten and Cholesterol Distribution, colloquially known as "Pizza Delivery") and get t-boned/flipped/horrifically mangled by some random driver. At point of contact, I'd go into an out-of-body view and watch the crash in slow motion, predicting and observing the flow of energy from the giant hunks of steel smashing into each other. I died in most of the crashes, but the ones I survived were "get up, shake head, walk away unscathed."

It probably wouldn't have been as jarring if I wasn't napping at work while waiting for the next order to come in. Sometimes it sucks having environmentally contextual dreams.

Not too long ago: I was floating/gliding/flying around in a circle above a snarly monkey-bear-cat monster that was jumping up trying to get me. I was just too high for it, but it was jumping farther than I thought, and it was starting to snag my leg. I woke up frantically jerking my legs in my bed.

I had a similar dream a while back, except it was a zombie-Cthulu-tentacle thing that kept ensnaring my legs as I climbed out of a dungeon.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 am UTC

Invasion of the giant alien spiders. They didn't actually kill anyone, they mostly just stood around. They would attack a person, chasing them down like a wolf spider, and bite them. After being bitten, the person would be utterly devoted to the spider race. The spiders knew who they had already bitten, and they only attacked people who were not already under their influence.

Second dream of the night involved me cycling through a city. It was pretty much derelict with the roads and pavements cracked, bits of masonry from crumbling buildings littering the pavements, and a thin coating of yellow sand over everything. There were still a few people living there though.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm UTC

I was in a weird mix of Batman Rises and Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix. Weird, semi-magical government is imposing an anarchic, dystopian state on an urban environment. Weird Eldritch monsters (Alone in the Dark-esque) keep popping into reality at random, forcing survivors to hide in stone cathedrals and such. We kept running around, hiding from the evil police, being general nuisances. At some point I recall Alfred showing up as a support character.

It ended with me trying to find a place to use the bathroom because there was a Cthulu-fish in our toilet. I really had to go when I woke up.

Robert'); DROP TABLE *;

Postby Robert'); DROP TABLE *; » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 pm UTC

I'm very fuzzy on what I was dreaming of, (I think it had something to do with a movie where all the characters died) but I remember going through the cycle of "wake up, thinking that what just happened was a dream" at least 5 times in a row. Possibly six, since I immediately fell asleep again after realizing what had just happened.
...And that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 am UTC

I was examining a room with my brother and grandfather which appeared to contain a giant chess set. It was on two levels, with stairs in the middle. My brother told me not to walk near the edge in case of Chinese earthquakes. But I did, and an earthquake threw me in the air, and I landed feet-first on the level below. I woke up on my back, which is unusual for me. Both of the times I remember dreaming about earthquakes have been when I was sleeping on my back.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm UTC

I was being chased by the demon spawn of Michael Myers and a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. poltergeist - an invisible, silent antagonist that kept rising from the grave to kill people. It started off with this corpse getting blasted out of the grave - we tried to rebury it, but the grave turned into this mass of underground rat tunnels and we lost the body. Then, everyone around me just starts getting knocked off - never in front of me, and there's never a body. It's always behind a closed door or wall, silence, and just gone, but I have this innate fear of whatever's going on. I run around, looking for a way to put the demon thing to rest, and the dream ends with me hiding on an elevated pole because the demon can't balance on it and come after me.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 pm UTC

Stumbled upon a graduation ceremony. Involved defeating Bowser. Hurl him into mines (as in Super Mario 64) for Phase One. Attack him (like a Super Smash Brothers game) for Phase Two. Won in ten minutes, without any major assistance from the other two players.

Could not complete the ceremony, however. Entered with fifteen minutes remaining. Said to return tomorrow. Held the ceremony every day that week.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

jawdisorder

Postby jawdisorder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm UTC

Background: I'm moving out of my appartment and for most of the year I have been convinced that my (unobservant) roommate hasn't known we have a lot of the things we do.

In my dream, every few minutes my roommate would show up with some other item in hand incredibly excited that we actually had such item even though it had been in the same place the entire year.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm UTC

Wish I remembered more. Just recall feeling like I was explaining something to someone. I was telling a story about my childhood. In the dream childhood, I was confused about divorce. I thought if you got divorced, one of your legs got chopped off. And I was really confused about how someone could get divorced three times.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 pm UTC

While exploring in the woods, we happened upon some random bits of... goo. Stuff. We're not sure. We take it home, and put it in our sciencey analysis machine, which produces the results in the form of a fully-detailed and fully-illustrated young adult science book, which reveals the goo to be a gibbet of xenomorph (yes, from Alien). The book examined the life-cycle, the gene reflex that causes the alien to take on attributes from whatever life form it gestates within, etc. The rest of the dream is basically me trying to keep my kids away from the xenomorph that exploded out of a BADGER in the woods. It chased us, nearly killed my kids several times, nearly ripped my leg off, and we were hiding in some sort of closed-off drain pipe, and it was crawling in after us...

... when I woke up around 4:30am.

I've had better dreams, I gotta say.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:58 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:The rest of the dream is basically me trying to keep my kids away from the xenomorph that exploded out of a BADGER in the woods.

They're coming outta the ground! They're coming outta the goddamn ground! Let's book!

flickering_candle

Postby flickering_candle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:04 pm UTC

I was reading The Sign of Four (a Sherlock Holmes book) yesterday before going to bed. It has a character that lost his leg to a crocodile while swimming in a river in India.

Sure enough, last night during my dreams myself and two others were doing something that involved swimming in rivers. There were crocodiles in the river, but there was a chain-link-style fence in the river that kept them out of the part we were in. Then one of the other people I was with had to open the gate, and two baby crocodiles (about as long as my leg, and looking like animated plushie crocodiles) started darting for the gate. They swam past the person who had opened it, pulled a 180, and came after me as I swam away from them along the line of the fence. Needless to say, they quickly caught up to me. I kicked my feet against each other to try and dissuade them from latching on, and the impact of my feet hitting each other hard woke me from my sleep in time to keep me from being eaten.

I told my girlfriend about my dream, and she was less than sympathetic. "I can understand having nightmares from Edgar Allen Poe, but Arthur Conan Doyle? You're such a wimp." I do feel a bit embarrassed that I need to cross Sherlock Holmes off my list of permissible pre-bedtime reading.

Daimon

Postby Daimon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:55 am UTC

Let's take this backwards way to get back to class while in school, going through this deserted classroom. Oh, hey, there's another guy there. What, is that, is that a Vampire the Masquerade book. Cool. *Forgot the next part* Okay, now I get to choose a bunch of different little selections on this silver table that make no sense whatsoever, but after I am done, I am a vampire. That's not even related to the VTMB. Okay, after I finish, I will get a revelation. *Huge headrush that burns the front of your head* No revelation, only that. Then we go outside, the sun doesn't kill us, and some woman is out doing some shit, and she breaks my penis off. But, wait, it has a little tag that says gerber on it when I'm trying to flush it down this toilet at home. But, wait, I still have my penis. Oh well, flush this thing and eat this carrot. *Carrot tastes bad, so I yuck it up in the toilet.*

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

I dreamt I was SCP-507. Oh man, that sucked so much.

3fj

Postby 3fj » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 pm UTC

thorgold wrote:I dreamt I was SCP-507. Oh man, that sucked so much.

The community shifts are horrible/heart-warming. "Request: A hug. Request granted."
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm UTC

Two distinct ones, only recall bits

First: Was visiting my mom's sister[deceased] in the south/lower midwest - Nebraska/Oklahoma maybe. Don't recall the beginning, but she was driving us back to her house so I could pick up my car and drive home. There was a cloud coming up out of the ground. Not fog, a cloud. It kept getting thicker and thicker - white, fluffy, dense, and really cool looking. I told her to turn on her flashers to help prevent an accident, and she'd also slowed down. Eventually the clouds went away, but we also got some great views of a sunset. Then, for some reason I was walking or crawling along a sidewalk. I overheard two guys talking about a motorcycle. One guy had said something about the other taking a long time to pick it up. He replied 'no, usually takes me an hour and a half, going to pick up the bike only took me two hours and 15 minutes.'

Second dream:
I was flying out to California. I was going to San Diego, but for some reason flew into an airport an hour plus drive away(I think to save money on tickets). Got my rental car, and tried to go to San Diego. I didn't know where I was going, so started looking on my phone. Decided to be responsible and pull over to look up the map. Looked it up, and saw I need to take highway 46 to interstate 5. While I was pulled over a big dump truck or something stopped in the middle of the road. Cars had to go around it, then me to go. Also while stopped, I had some panic moments, thinking I'd forgotten my laptop and work phone, though I knew I had my work phone.

I saw that the map showed the road I was on dead-ended into a bay, so I did this weird, loopy, left turn to stop at a light at an intersection. I saw the light was green, so went. Then some guy on a bike cut across in front of me, going on the red light. Then a guy on a bike nearly hit the back of my car making a left turn. I yelled at him because you're supposed to yield to cars in the intersection, and he yelled back at me.

I kept going on that road, and then pulled over or was out of my car. Saw two guys standing around. Talked with them. They were French I think, and were pointing at or looking at the airport and the big signs on the airport, which was farther up the hill - or really built between two hills, with cars going underneath.

I then was going to get arrested for some reason, and a cop was pursuing me. I decided to hitch hike home across the country. He flew to Minneapolis to catch me. I got somebody to take me to a random person's house in the TC. I thought they'd protect me because somehow I knew they liked The Muppets. We pulled up at this row of townhomes, and the driver and I went in one home, and his other passenger went in another looking for people. We found the owner of the home we went into - it was a young woman in the bathroom. She didn't mind we were in her house. Then the cop was coming to get me. The woman answered the door, while I tried to hide. I was in the living room, hiding behind the couch, which was only a few feet from the front door. The cop started coming around to the back of the couch where I was. I tried to press myself into the back of the couch as much as possible, but knew he would see me. Instead, he sat or kneeled down and started talking with this Muppet that had appeared near me. The Muppet was Yoda like in that he was super wise, and serene, but didn't look or talk like Yoda. The cop had pulled out this silver USB cable. It had a main cable, but multiple branches(maybe 8-9) of much smaller wire, each also silver, with two wires. On the ends were maybe micro/mini USBs, but around them there were dragon or snake or something heads - each head different. It was like a hydra. The cop was kneeling and talking with the Muppet, and was convinced to leave. He never noticed me, even though he was only a foot or two from me - though I think the USB hydra saw me.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

IcedT

Postby IcedT » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 pm UTC

The other night, I had one of those dreams that was really simple, but somehow managed to sum up where I'm at in life pretty well. I was driving on a familiar-looking and not-too-busy road, and my car was just hydroplaning the fuck out. On a dry road. I tried to make a simple turn and my car went into a skid, and I spent most of the dream going into a series of compensatory skids, almost getting into a couple wrecks, and then woke up before I could get my car straightened out. Fun stuff.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 pm UTC

I was with friends from college, and we were on a trip to New York. We had to walk around the streets to get to our hotel, which turned out to be very fancy, and also a casino. At some point I went to a casino table, where they were playing baccarat(or my dream version). There was a inner lazy susan that the cards were spun on. The other players got mad at me because I didn't know what I was doing.

Also, there was something about hoping my parents' gave me an unlimited bus pass for Christmas.

I was visiting my friend Nate. There was tons of previous stuff, but what I remember: Was in a typically 50s rambler style living room, with couches on both sides, except it was twice as long as you'd expect. I was near one corner, and elderly homeowners were to my left. On the other wall were younger people, and I think some of them had cats or kittens with them. There was discussion about a nany-state, or something along those lines. Somehow the spacing of the people and cats spelled something. I realized that if you moved some letters around, it made more sense or was more descriptive. Also, the vowels were all 'a's and represented by chocolate chip cookies. Then I looked out the window, and bombs were dropping. They were doing a practice bombing run, dropping fake bombs made of balloons or something, with parachutes. Someone commented about the bombs hurting people, and I started telling them about 16 f/s and terminal velocity.

cegan09

Postby cegan09 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:21 pm UTC

Last night my subconscious finally caught up to where my conscious mind is. I've been fighting to get over a 7 year relationship i ended in january, and last night i finally had the first dream where i was moving on. unbelievably good feeling. The details of the dream are unimportant, and hazy at best now, but the feeling was incredible. On to better things.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm UTC

There was a night a couple of weeks ago where I had two different fairly vivid dreams.

In the first one, I was in my bedroom. There was a girl about my age on my bed apparently performing some kind of sexual act on herself - she was naked, but nothing explicit was visible from where I was. She was also filming herself. There was a skirt next to her which she had apparently just taken off, although no other clothes were visible. When I noticed the skirt, she joked that the only reason she didn't want me looking in her direction was the skirt, not the nudity. She then asked if I thought of that joke myself, as if she knew this was a dream and that anything she said must have been thought of by me.

Then, in the second one, I was a 10- or 11-year-old child in a crowded classroom. I had a curse that caused strange things to happen - sometimes it would be random, but sometimes touching things would cause a related effect, e.g. touching a microscope could cause something to shrink. Two of the other students were a blonde girl who kept trying to activate the curse by asking me to pass her things, and an Indian boy who panicked every time the curse activated. The teacher, a fairly old woman, was trying to calm everyone down. Also, there was a word (I can't remember it now, but it had six letters, so let's say it was "LETTER") which was considered "sacred", and therefore had to be written in this format: L·E·T:T·E·R. It was written on the blackboard of the classroom. However, every time I looked at the board, the curse activated and added another dot to the symbol in the middle, e.g. first changing it to ∴. Eventually, there were far too many dots. At that point, two men entered the classroom to deliver a package - the curse activated and the lights flickered, then went out. Then, I was suddenly in the bedroom of my friend's house, possibly my own age again, and my friends and I were throwing things at each other.

...So, can anyone work out what was going on with my mind that night? XD
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 pm UTC

Friday night (Aug. 24) dreamed I was in the living room of our old farm house. Parents were on the couch, smoking weed. I woke up before I could fully take a hit.
PRG

An important message for you:

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 pm UTC

Something I remember from my dream last night is that I met my old chemistry teacher at a supermarket... which somehow led to him having a bath at my house.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:Something I remember from my dream last night is that I met my old chemistry teacher at a supermarket... which somehow led to him having a bath at my house.

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with this one.

My last dream was one of exploration. I was stuck in what I can only describe as a hypercube - I even vaguely remember my vision being a stylized version of a 4D game I played a while back (two independent 3D images). I don't even want to know HOW my brain was simulating pseudo-4D navigation, but that's the marvel of dreaming for ya.

In any case, three other scientists and I were just exploring this giant construct. No danger, just weirdness - we'd go through (er, inside of? towards?) a door and see some weird stuff, document it, and call in a containment team. Come to think, we were capturing SCPs, which gives appropriate context. Nothing really fascinating happened, at least in dream-logic terms. I distinctly remember having to navigate in zero-g on multiple occasions and navigating with compressed air from my environment suit, which was pretty cool.

I love when my brain isn't acting batshit insane or terrifying. These exploration dreams of pure, unadultered dreamscape are fun to have.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

I was looking at a body, or my body maybe, just scrolling down toward the feet. Then one foot turned to show me the sole. A small dot on the sole suddenly magnified and turned into a little angry face.

So I checked my feet in the morning. Yep, there's a wart just getting started on the arch. Dammit.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

New User

Postby New User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 am UTC

I had to start a minor nuclear meltdown in the basement of the house I grew up in. After starting an irreversible chain reaction, I had to use the DeLorean to travel back to the future. Reaching 88 miles per hour was on my mind, but the 1.21 gigawatts wasn't part of the dream at all. The power was out, and it was quite dark inside the house. When it was too late to abort the plan, I noticed that the key to the DeLorean had been misplaced and I had to find it in the dark. I found it in time, and got the DeLorean started, and I was trying to figure out how to input the destination time into the time circuits when I awoke.

Starting a nuclear meltdown in the basement might come from the game Maniac Mansion, a game I'm quite fond of. The rest obviously comes from Back to the Future, and memories of that home.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:38 am UTC

New User wrote:I had to start a minor nuclear meltdown in the basement of the house I grew up in. After starting an irreversible chain reaction, I had to use the DeLorean to travel back to the future. Reaching 88 miles per hour was on my mind, but the 1.21 gigawatts wasn't part of the dream at all. The power was out, and it was quite dark inside the house. When it was too late to abort the plan, I noticed that the key to the DeLorean had been misplaced and I had to find it in the dark. I found it in time, and got the DeLorean started, and I was trying to figure out how to input the destination time into the time circuits when I awoke.

Starting a nuclear meltdown in the basement might come from the game Maniac Mansion, a game I'm quite fond of. The rest obviously comes from Back to the Future, and memories of that home.

Triggered the nuclear meltdown by shutting off the power, correct?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

cegan09

Postby cegan09 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:36 am UTC

I was having some random dream, the beginnings don't matter. But it went from boring story line to terrifying very quickly. I was looking into the garage with someone else. And out of nowhere i caught something out of the corner of my eye. And i suddenly recalled a theme i'm convinced has riddled my nightmares for years, even while i could never remember them. A force or being you can't really ever see but is there and attacks randomly. And just as suddenly as i recalled this it launched at me. It was so violent and terrifying i woke up instantly, yelling, absolutely pumped full of adrenaline. I woke up so fast that it took a few seconds after realizing what happened for the effects of being naturally paralyzed while sleeping to wear off.

The only dreams that have ever woke me up even half as suddenly are the ones that tell me i'm about to wake up and be sick.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 pm UTC

A couple of nights ago, I dreamt I was watching the second live-action Transformers film (which I've never seen) - but, for some reason, the first three Doctors from Doctor Who were in it (probably because, in reality, I watched The Three Doctors recently). I said to my brother (who was watching it with me) that I'd have another drink before dinner, and he said we'd had dinner ages ago. I checked the time, and it was after 11.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord

Drowsy Turtle

Postby Drowsy Turtle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 pm UTC

I recently had a dream where I was driving to a very specific mountain in the Scottish highlands to test a tick-repellant I'd invented, but somehow became misplaced in Edinburgh, where I was chased by the police (after losing my car) for carrying a penknife.

I found my car again, only to crash (somehow) on a straight stretch of road, damaging but not destroying my car. A passing teenage girl helped me fix it, and suspiciously was going to the same place as me, so I gave her a lift. When we got there, we parted ways, and I climbed the mountain, only to get eaten by a giant tick.

At this point, I woke up confused.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:43 am UTC

Since I didn't get much sleep last night, I dozed off in the afternoon. I had a dream that I was crawling through a cramped space with lots of spiders, which appeared to be grass spiders, fighting ants that were about the same size. Most of the fighting took place on my leg.

I woke up, jumped up, and brushed myself off... just in case.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 pm UTC

In my dream I was at an AA meeting, and someone was looking for one of the printouts that gets read every day. I had it, and called out, and passed it along.

This morning I went to an AA meeting, and someone handed me one of the printouts that gets read every day.

Drowsy Turtle

Postby Drowsy Turtle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:44 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:In my dream I was at an AA meeting, and someone was looking for one of the printouts that gets read every day. I had it, and called out, and passed it along.

This morning I went to an AA meeting, and someone handed me one of the printouts that gets read every day.

A lot of people have this sort of thing and claim their dreams are predicting the future. I think it says something about the kind of thing that they think is worth predicting - being a clairvoyant limited to the mundane would be a useless power.
Any offensive material posted is a consequence of societal pressure, the New World Order, the Mayans and David Bellamy. No responsibility will be taken for offense caused.
So suck it.

Kithplana

Postby Kithplana » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 pm UTC

I dreamed some evil dude had a plot to frame someone close to me, and possibly myself, of some crime. He was pretty clever with whatever document/incriminating evidence he was going to delete, but it was also painfully easy to figure out he was up to something in the first place... and, well, he forgot he was dealing with a sysadmin 8-)

modularblues

Postby modularblues » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm UTC

thorgold wrote:My last dream was one of exploration. I was stuck in what I can only describe as a hypercube - I even vaguely remember my vision being a stylized version of a 4D game I played a while back (two independent 3D images). I don't even want to know HOW my brain was simulating pseudo-4D navigation, but that's the marvel of dreaming for ya.

Escher-esque dreams can be rather fun. I always liked my dreams of exploring / running around convoluted buildings (not chased by someone of course).

So this was maybe last week? I was back in kindergarten, in a classroom, and there were a bunch of 7's written on the board. (Before classes started?) and no one was paying attention, I walked up and circled ones that I found the most ugly, and labeled them with trollolololol.

Drowsy Turtle

Postby Drowsy Turtle » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am UTC

Kithplana wrote:I dreamed some evil dude had a plot to frame someone close to me, and possibly myself, of some crime. He was pretty clever with whatever document/incriminating evidence he was going to delete, but it was also painfully easy to figure out he was up to something in the first place... and, well, he forgot he was dealing with a sysadmin 8-)

That's weird, I had a dream the other night where someone was trying to frame me of a crime that was never specifically identified.

We're obviously gay for each other.
Any offensive material posted is a consequence of societal pressure, the New World Order, the Mayans and David Bellamy. No responsibility will be taken for offense caused.
So suck it.

tangobit4

Postby tangobit4 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 am UTC

Well i remember my dreams very well, and last night dream that i was on journey to Italy with my friends for a couple of week.

Return to “General”