Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

WibblyWobbly
Can't Get No

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby WibblyWobbly » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:25 am UTC

I was asleep, but I had to get up to type this out before I forgot, because it was awesome.

I was somehow part of a three-man "extreme sports" television program where we did wacky stuff our viewers wrote in about, as long as our viewers claimed that they did them first. I did something wacky, then the next guy did, but the third guy (who was apparently Soren Bowie from cracked.com) outdid us all: he sealed himself up inside a "walrus skin" (which was basically just a large padded sleeping bag vaguely in the shape of something walrus-y) and then threw himself down a snow-covered hill in order to experience what it was like to eat a roast beef sandwich while sledding downhill in a walrus skin. And apparently, the darkness and the faint walrusness of the sleeping bag made both the sledding extreme and the roast beef tastier than ever, because he came out cheering and whooping and talking about how it somehow became the best roast beef sandwich he'd ever had.

So, highlights: Soren Bowie falls down a snowy hill while sealed inside a dead walrus with a roast beef sandwich, and this is extreme. That is all.

Brace

Postby Brace » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

This post had objectionable content.
Last edited by Brace on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"The future is the only kind of property that the masters willingly concede to the slaves" - Albert Camus

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:52 pm UTC

I had a dream whereas, for whatever reason, I had become charged with negotiating with both an Octopus and a miniature-alligator/crocodile sort of creature within this sort of large fantasy mansion place. There was some sort of bargain being struck, with our (I had associates, who left before the time of actual negotiations) end of the deal being a sort of gangway plank gotten from a sunken ship. I remember both had to be hydrated with sea water; the alligator in some shallow sort of tub and the octopus in a metal bowl, atop some wooden structure.

At some point I had to get something from the refrigerator, forgot what it was, and the three of us started laughing.

It was weird.

Kristen23

Postby Kristen23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 am UTC

Pretty scary, I tell you. I somehow dreamed of Voldemort chasing me and after my life and I was trying to run away from him and there were all random people (who are just acquaintances in real life) who were with me and trying to save me... This is particularly weird since neither do I meet those acquaintances very often nor have I read Harry Potter, in say, the past 6 years. :roll: :roll:

Brace

Postby Brace » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm UTC

"The future is the only kind of property that the masters willingly concede to the slaves" - Albert Camus

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:36 am UTC

I'm somewhat amazed when people have dreams with very put-together and extended plotlines. Mine tend to be very broken up, odd segments.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:05 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:I'm somewhat amazed when people have dreams with very put-together and extended plotlines. Mine tend to be very broken up, odd segments.

Mine, too.

It was like a dream, but it wasn't a dream.
I had fallen asleep during the day.
I was Tired!

When I woke up, I didn't know if it was Night or Morning.
The first few moments I was awake, I thought it was Morning.

Just a little Panic, there.
If it is Morning, "I'M Late!"

Why am I late?
What is Wrong?

Something is Wrong.
Did I do it? What??

Then it began to dawned on me.
Night. Not day.

Disorientating.
I did not care for it.

I have heard the saying, "Did not know Day from Night."
Am I the only person that has Nightmares when I wake up?

There is One good reason to not fall asleep during the day.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Am I the only person that has Nightmares when I wake up?

I'm going to leave it that way.

I know people that would answer me, "No. When you wake up it is a NightMare for everyone."
(shrug) I think that is overstating the case. It's still funny.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:57 am UTC

My dreams often have way too much plot, characterization, foreshadowing, occasionally commercials, cohesive scores, color themes...

When we can eventually figure out how to record dreams, I'm going to just Youtube that stuff and try to make it as an independent film maker.

Brace

Postby Brace » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm UTC

Brace

Postby Brace » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 am UTC

Last edited by Brace on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:32 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:23 pm UTC

I dreamed I was on a business trip to Raleigh, NC. And it was incredibly boring. And someone made fun of me for going there.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Samik

Postby Samik » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 am UTC

My bathtub had gotten really, really dirty. Like, several inches yellowish/brownish bacterial/fungal goop coating the entire bottom and climbing up the sides.

I kept meaning to get around to cleaning it, but before I could, I started to become vaguely aware of some sort of presence in the goop. I kept imagining that I saw movement, and something was preventing me from cleaning it. As time went on, the layer of goop grew deeper and deeper, and the presence grew stronger, until I began to become aware, through a mechanism below conscious thought, that there was some kind of intelligence below the surface.

As gross as it was, I couldn't bring myself to clean the tub out, and, one night, I became positive that there was something alive under there. Small, round moving objects, the size of tennis balls, but translucent like jellyfish, shifting around under the surface. For a reason that I can not even begin to explain, I took my clothes off, climbed into the tub, submerged myself as deeply as I could, and succumbed to sleep.

I awoke in a vast, still, dark ocean. Above the surface, the waves were only tiny ripples, and the moon was obscured heavily by thick clouds, so that there was just enough light that I could see 10 feet or so around me. There was nothing to see but the little ripples - no shore, no wind, no features of any kind. Below the surface, I could breathe, and the visibility was about the same, maybe a little lower - just enough light to get vague impressions of, but not see clearly, anything moving within a few feet of me.

The ocean was teeming with life however - I could sense it more than I could see it. And that intelligence was there, stronger than ever, reaching out to make contact with me in a very vague way. Just, "hi, I'm here. you are too. very interesting."

Swimming around in this ocean all night, I began to understand that it was a completely distributed consciousness. There might have been only one, or more than one, but it/they existed as all of the moving critters in the water. Some were gatherers, some explorers, many with roles I couldn't determine, but they all contributed something essential to the whole. As far as I could tell, there was no central hub or queen or anything like that - just one huge intelligent ocean of life. Our communication never got much better - never approached anything like language, or accomplished much of anything. We were both clearly curious about one another, but never found any real way to impart too much information on one another.

Eventually, I woke up, and everything got foggy. I remembered a bit, but it seemed strange and incredible, like it had all been a dream. I couldn't understand why I ever voluntarily chose to lie down and submerge myself in that nauseating goop. I got up and out, trying not to throw up, and realized I had to dash off to work (not sure how the heck I cleaned myself off, given I couldn't use the tub - the dream just glossed over that).

All day long at work I felt really uncomfortable and couldn't understand why I had climbed into the goop. But when I got home that night, intending to clean out the tub, the presence began reaching out to me again. Before long, and again before I knew what I was doing, I was climbing back into the tub, submerging myself, and waking up in the ocean once more.

This went on like this for some time - I'm not really sure how many iterations. As the days went on, the cesspool in the tub grew and got deeper and nastier and more full of movement, and every morning I woke up disgusted at myself and unable to fathom why I was sleeping in it, and every night, before I could get around to cleaning it out, I would find myself compelled back into it, and drifting off to sleep and another night of swimming in that ocean, with those creatures.

At some point I finally snapped myself out of it and collected a boat load of chemicals and scrubs and began to clean out the tub. I started just by turning the water on and trying to wash as much of the yellow slime as I could down the drain. As I was doing this, I was vaguely aware that I might be committing genocide - there might be an entire ocean of sentient life in there somehow, that I was callously washing down the drain.

But, man, it was gross, and I wanted my tub back.
Last edited by Samik on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:19 am UTC

I keep having dreams that I revisited the house I moved out of a little over a year ago, and the whole place is renovated and looks way nicer than it did in the 10 years I was renting there, and the asshole who moved in and was such a huge and implacable ass that I finally moved out is still living there and enjoying the luxury of the landlords finally spending money keeping the fucking place maintained unlike the entirety of my tenure where they barely lifted a finger. In the dream he's always wearing a luxurious bathrobe and drinking scotch or something out a snifter or whatever like the fucking Hugh Hefner he thinks of himself as, and he's super polite and smug and welcomes me to enjoy "his" home while I'm visiting, just to rub it in my face.

(I've actually driven past it since moving out and it does look like they've renovated it. Asshole's car was never in the driveway when I did drive pass, even though he was almost constantly home when I lived there, blaring his goddamn music or TV or movies and window-rattling volumes -- though maybe he just took over the garage and parked his precious snowflake fucking Mustang in there instead of in the driveway where a leaf might ding it. My real suspicion, and my hope, is that after I moved out, the landlords finally ended the lease, fixed the place up, and cranked the rents to the sky-high norm that everyone else around there charges, because the rent was only as low as it had been because they couldn't raise it until the whole tenancy on the lease had cycled out -- as it had shortly after I moved in, and which it hadn't done again until I moved out. I hope that fucker got kicked out directly because he drove me out of the house, would serve him right, but I guess my dreams show I'm afraid he's living the live I should have been living the whole time I was there, somehow, after driving me out, and now I'm in a fucking mobile home park in a different city because that's the only way I could get privacy from people like him at prices comparable to the rent I had been paying).
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 am UTC

even though he was almost constantly home when I lived there, blaring his goddamn music or TV or movies and window-rattling volumes

Gosh, Pfhorrest;
That is so important.
It has stuck with you.

I think I understand.
Our sense of Hearing is important to us.

We can avert our Eyes.
We can Not avert our Ears.

To assault another person with auditory stimuli is Not Nice!
With EarBuds for the Masses there is No Excuse for it.

Without meeting the man,
I agree with your assessment of him.

Only an AssHole does such a thing.
I am sorry that happened to you.

Veering off somewhere Weird, as usual.
Spoiler:
Look on the Bright Side.
Your AssHole Room Mate is in your rearview mirror.

oh, And; Still in you Head.
You might have to look him up on the Internet.

If you know his name, FaceBook will tell you where he hangs his hat and who he is coupled with and what he has been eating.
Of course, to know the truth, you have to do the Leg Work. I hear people lie on FaceBook. I think it might be true, for some.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 am UTC

addams wrote:If you know his name, FaceBook will tell you where he hangs his hat and who he is coupled with and what he has been eating.

I wish you hadn't suggested that. I looked him up. I moved out the first of June last year. I don't remember how long it was until I drove past that house again and saw that it was remodeled, but he has public pics that are clearly in my old house in July and September last year, and one that could possibly be in my garage as late as this March, and is still listed as being in the same city at least.

I hope that house burns to the ground, in a fire caused by the fucking redneck neighbors with their fucking lets-build-a-bonfire-in-a-backhoe-scoop-and-swing-it-around shenanigans. And those neighbors' house burns down with it.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:31 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
addams wrote:If you know his name, FaceBook will tell you where he hangs his hat and who he is coupled with and what he has been eating.

I wish you hadn't suggested that. I looked him up. I moved out the first of June last year. I don't remember how long it was until I drove past that house again and saw that it was remodeled, but he has public pics that are clearly in my old house in July and September last year, and one that could possibly be in my garage as late as this March, and is still listed as being in the same city at least.

I hope that house burns to the ground, in a fire caused by the fucking redneck neighbors with their fucking lets-build-a-bonfire-in-a-backhoe-scoop-and-swing-it-around shenanigans. And those neighbors' house burns down with it.

I'm sorry, Pfhorrest;
Some neighborhoods are not good for good people.
Sounds like you were in one of those.

AssHoles can turn Paradise into Hell.
I'd suggest fucking them, but they like it and it might make more of the Bastards.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Brace

Postby Brace » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am UTC

Last edited by Brace on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm UTC

I was the leader of a group of Norse warriors, who were defending from being greatly outnumbered. We were on this large hill with narrow ravines and rocky cliffs around. A group of 2000 or 6000 men from another civilization came to help us - they were very good at hiding, and would ambush the enemy. I figured even if they took out 1 enemy for each soldier, we'd still be in trouble. After the first assault, I grabbed an axe and was using it to chop beams that were holding the main bridge to our camp fortress. Not enough to knock it down, just enough to make it hard for the enemy to run up the path.

I was in my sister's hotel room the morning after her wedding. She, her new husband, and I were painting the hotel room white. For some reason we also painted over some of the woodwork. I went into the bathroom to use it, and my sister had plugged the toilet. There was a small, square whirlpool type tub that I think her husband had plugged the drain with paper towels. I unclogged it. Then went back into the main room, and we realized that we were late, because the hotel people were going to examine our paint job at 10 AM, and that was in 15 minutes.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm UTC

First post in this one, I don't usually remember my dreams, but this one stuck around.

I was somehow the victim of a time vortex and was transported from my (current, 2014) time to sometime around 1965-1970, in orange county, California. (the reason I knew it was orange county was because we went to "the first mcdonalds" which IIRC was around there)

Anyway, I had been keeping a secret that I was from the future from the guy's couch that I was crashing with, and his other house-mate as well. I'm not sure how long I had been keeping the secret, but it couldnt' have been for long, and they must of suspected something, as I was constantly fastinated with things I thought where "old" or "vintage" or was sidetrackted by how "different" things were.

A moment that really stuck out was when I went to pay for my friend's meal (at said "first mcdonalds") with the money in my pocket. All the money I had was the "new style" colored bills, so in order not to arouse suspision, I needed to use the singles, as they are the only ones that hadn't been re-designed. (The "new bills" were actually much more than just slightly different colors and design like currently, but were bright rainbow colors with cartoon characters on them).

I woke up right before I was about to tell them that I was from the future.

Odd. Especally as I've never eaten at a McDonalds.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 pm UTC

I had a nightmare; it was 2016 and the Republicans won the House, Senate, and Presidency... *shudder*

I concluded that it was probably a good thing in the end, because when they tanked the economy, we could end the stupidity once and for all.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

tms

Postby tms » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:23 am UTC

I was test driving, no, about to, a somewhat weird machine. Somebody had done an engine swap on an Elise. Some Audi V12, in place of the usual 4-cylinder. They called it "Elise 191" and said it's "insane". The car had lost its horizontal hood and vertical rear window in place of a slanted window through which you could see the engine compartment.

--

I was riding a bicycle with clipless pedals. The path had been blocked from cars and the like, with small concrete blocks about 40 cm high. I decided to go over them, just for fun. I managed to get high enough to not lose much forward velocity and was quite pleased with that. The rear tyre made contact though. When I reached home/destination (unfamiliar) there was some kid there who wanted the use of my pump, which I agreed to. I also noticed there was nearly no air in my front tyre, so there was a new puncture. Then I picked up some spacers and stuff from the floor and took that upstairs.
- No, son. I said 'duck'.
- Duck duck duck duck! Duck duck duck duck!

Brace

Postby Brace » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm UTC

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:08 am UTC

That sounds a lot better than some of the recent movies.

I was just combing through my own dream diary, looking for something I could add to this thread, when I found this oddly shaped gem. Bear in mind it was written on a smartphone keyboard within minutes of waking up from it (I think 'SW' might be an autocorrect error), but still... WTF?

We were on holiday in SW place that looked like the UK. I saw the Babe Ruth guy at the front of a room that looked like the EEC crit space, and I almost mistook him for Scott Schiaski. I was naked at the time. Later we were going on a walk in the country, when I clambered over a fence that we had to go past. They told me not to, because it might be dangerous. I said I had already done this at the beach and that it was just as dangerous as what I was doing here.

I'll post again if I have a more sense-making one.

Kristen23

Postby Kristen23 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:04 pm UTC

Not last night, but last week I had this out-of-this-world dream of taking off from a cliff with two other unknown people (heaven knows why) and the last thing I remember is a feeling of intense horror as I tried to open my parachute but it refused to open and while my two other companions parachuted down to safety, I was left fumbling with my parachute clasp... Woke up suddenly (thankfully before I fatally hit the ground) and was in shivers, uber-thankful that I was safe in my bed and not ricocheting off some random cliff in the unknown :roll:

addams

Postby addams » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 am UTC

Kristen23 wrote:Not last night, but last week I had this out-of-this-world dream of taking off from a cliff with two other unknown people (heaven knows why) and the last thing I remember is a feeling of intense horror as I tried to open my parachute but it refused to open and while my two other companions parachuted down to safety, I was left fumbling with my parachute clasp... Woke up suddenly (thankfully before I fatally hit the ground) and was in shivers, uber-thankful that I was safe in my bed and not ricocheting off some random cliff in the unknown :roll:

I have had this sort of dream.
It sucks.

That sort of thing can Color a person's waking life.
I dreamt I was with two good friends.

They are sisters.
We had enjoyed one another doing OutDoor stuff.

I drempt they took off and left me Miles and Miles out.
In waking life they would do other not life threatening stuff.

They were Pranksters.
Rough and Ready Pranksters.

It was only a dream, but it changed our relationships.
In waking life, I learned to never let Liza walk behind me.

Sherry could be trusted.
Liza was always a risk.

I was lost in the Fog in a small water craft.
Lisa would not give me a sound signal until she heard Panic in my voice.

That was in Real Life.
Memory of a NightMare or Memory of an Afternoon with the Gust Girls?

It's the same thing!

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:32 pm UTC

There were a bunch of old people fleeing with their luggage, like in a movie about the Holocaust. I took had a 2x8 or 1x8, that was maybe 8 feet long. I started whaling this old man in the head from 8 feet away. He had white hair and a beard too. Earlier in the dream I'd done the same thing. He was a Nazi, along with all the other old people. There was stuff earlier in the dream about fighting Nazi soldiers or something.

Mother Superior
Better than tea

Postby Mother Superior » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:07 am UTC

I was witness to a shoot-out, I couldn't run away fast enough, two little kids caught up with me and executed me through the forhead.

...yeah, not going back to sleep tonight.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

Soot Leopard

Postby Soot Leopard » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

One I had a couple months ago had me being given a plush lobster by somebody at the customer service counter at a Sears. I picked up the lobster and looked into its "eyes" and then I turned into a pure black leopard. I knew I was in deep trouble if anyone noticed me so I started trying to sneak out of the store and stay out of peoples' sight, and then I woke up.

The theme of turning into a leopard or some other big cat has happened in almost all my dreams for a year and a half. It's unsettling. Especially when it's so vivid I wake up and spend half the day feeling like I have a tail... but my dreams have always been that vivid, so that's not new.
This one sounds so strange on paper (and it made just as much sense in context) I made it my signature on a bunch of sites.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia
Beware my original music which you can find on https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and other places besides!

Brace

Postby Brace » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:55 pm UTC

Soot Leopard

Postby Soot Leopard » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:59 pm UTC

Paralyzed and hallucinating -- sounds like a dream to me :D
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia
Beware my original music which you can find on https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and other places besides!

Brace

Postby Brace » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:07 am UTC

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 am UTC

Brace wrote:It continued throughout the day also only apparently I wasn't paralyzed since I kept realizing I was in different places.

Do you know what you are angry about?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Brace

Postby Brace » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 am UTC

Soot Leopard

Postby Soot Leopard » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:02 am UTC

Try rapping about it. It works for me.
Last edited by Soot Leopard on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia

Brace

Postby Brace » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:03 am UTC

Soot Leopard

Postby Soot Leopard » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:06 am UTC

Heavy metal? Or maybe punk rock. Can you play guitar?
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:25 am UTC

I dreamed about cocaine. In a baggie, or more accurately some kind of pouch, but it wasn't closed all the way, and it kept falling out as the thing turned upside down and sideways in my pocket or hands or car or whatever, and it was distressing.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:42 am UTC

Brace wrote:I want to rub people's noses in their evil like Patton did to the Germans at Buchenwald. I want to march them right up to it at gunpoint and force them to inspect every detail until they break, and can't sleep or eat or focus or feel any sense of innocence or pride ever again. I can't do this. I don't have an army, and people's rationalizations are too strong. They're thrilled to falsify reality. They think happiness is worth more than truth, and the fact that it's their happiness versus someone else's truth only intensifies the problem. There are conversations that don't even start before they're shut down by platitudes and lies, and they constitute more and more of my life. I realize now that the disproportionate outrage at spree shootings exists because these shatter the prevailing Just World fallacy of bourgeois life. It's a case of cognitive dissonance. People who are otherwise insulated from consequence suddenly face the realization that there are unfair things in life, things they can't control. So in a sense, spree shootings are an effective form of terrorism. People ask "why" every time there's a spree shooting, and in earnest. This isn't true for any other form of terrorism. I want to hear a wall street investment broker scream as he's gunned down in public, realizing his gamesmanship and status can't save him from physical laws. I want to hear a quack psychologist try to trade "please" for his life and realize that currency is no good unless someone chooses to recognize it. I want to teach the world that human beings are capable of anything, to burn this truth into their minds so they never misunderstand where they live as fundamentally and stupidly as they do today. I want to share all of the lessons that I have been taught with the people who taught them to me. It isn't fair that people can teach these things yet escape knowing them.

Question: Why do you wish to teach this? Would it be the just thing to do?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:11 am UTC

Brace?
I am interested and I care.
Maybe, we can trundle off to an SB Thread to discuss it.

I would like to.
Would you?

Jave D wrote:I dreamed about cocaine. In a baggie, or more accurately some kind of pouch, but it wasn't closed all the way, and it kept falling out as the thing turned upside down and sideways in my pocket or hands or car or whatever, and it was distressing.

Hi, Jave;
That is distressing.
Dreams can be so rude.

Dreams may sometimes expose our struggles in Strange ways.
You have gained a lot of control over your own life in the last few years.

Does your life sometimes feel like that baggie?
It's spilling.

Could be cocaine.
Could be money.
Could be water.
Could be most anything of Value.

What do you think has been spilling?
Are 'things' good at home?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 am UTC

Time, energy. Things are good, but I'm just hanging in there. I don't accomplish anything, don't build anything, don't create anything, I don't even set goals beyond like "getting up and going to work" or "eating food now" because I seem to lack all willpower to do them. Maybe, ultimately, the baggie is just my sense of control or agency in life.

Return to “General”