Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Mr. Beck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

So last Monday I dreamed that I was participating in one of the late 60's black rights protest marches. The weird thing was that it was at night and in a small residential neighborhood. I was surrounded with a huge number of people, and I could not see where I was heading. Later, I was somehow leading the group and we were walking down a two-lane highway, but still in the middle of a residential area. The people were in a almost single-file line, so I asked them to bunch together at the front. Only then there were only about five of us, when there had been hundreds before.

I got a little mad that so few people cared about our rights. (I am white, and was white in the dream-- more weirdness) So I started to shout about all of these "Ancestral Wrongs", which, although I don't remember clearly, would probably be more applicable to American Indians. Then a lot of people showed up, and I have the impression that they all were sort of waiting there behind the houses. Then for some reason there was millions of us, and we were all standing in a huge square (my view kind of became aerial at this point). There was this big black guy standing on a wood podium, but instead of giving a speech he was talking to himself and holding a flaming object {shoe?}. I don't remember anything after that.

I only realized the cool part the day after: that dream had occurred on the night of Martin Luther King Junior Day.

Afterthought: It might be very amusing if a Freudian got into this thread...

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:54 pm UTC

OK, it seems tame now, but it weirded me out at the time - Last night I dreamed that my hair had grown. Not just normally grown though, it had only grown on the right hand side, and had grown really fast. This weirded me out because I didn't know how it had happened - this wasn't one of those dreams where everything weird seems normal. It freaked me out because I normally have really short hair, almost a military cut, but in my dream I had half a crew cut, and half shoulder length. Anyway, it seems silly recounting it, but it freaked me out big time.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tylerwylie

Postby tylerwylie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:13 pm UTC

Clowns eating cookies with bacon, it was horrible.
Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why?
Some are born; some men die
Beneath one infinite sky.
There'll be war, there'll be peace.
But everything one day will cease.
All the iron turned to rust;
All the proud men turned to dust.

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed [Insert some stuff I can't remember] and then I was riding on the bus going down the freeway, and some of the kids up front were talking with the bus driver like usual. And then I was outside the bus, and then I was in a car, driving alongside the bus, but then the bus took an exit and I missed it and had to take a different way. Then I did some illegal maneuvering, drove through an apartment parking lot, down the street, and arrived home. Then I put my ....Identification card..thing? on the arm of the couch and went to bed and fell asleep. And then I woke up.

I haven't determined whether I'm still dreaming or not.
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

[rant] Why the hell do I keep having sex-dreams that have no actual sex?! [/rant]

And no, you cannae have details. :roll:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

angel_jean

Postby angel_jean » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:01 am UTC

I thought 'no actual sex' was the way it always was in dreams. :(

That's the way it is for me, anyway. There might be the person, there might be the environment, there might be the desire, there might even be the risk of getting discovered, but never any actual sex.

Dunno why.
the angel Jean - Smith's little elf
http://theangeljean.blogspot.com

For those who like to MUD: http://www.deadofnight.org

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:10 am UTC

Hmm. No, in my case there seems to be a point about a year ago when there could be everything up to the act itself, and no further. Which was not the case before then.

Incidentally, I used to check out websites and forums about Lucid Dreaming, and I love that the #1 reason people want to do it is sex. (number #2 being matrix-style kung fu, which may have been a timing thing.)
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

eternauta3k

Postby eternauta3k » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:42 am UTC

I was reading another thread and it reminded me that, for the nth time, last night I did coke in my dreams.
VectorZero wrote:It takes a real man to impact his own radius

That's right, slash your emo-wrists and spill all your emo-globin

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:48 am UTC

i had a dream that i was looking for someone and they were in a massive grocery store. the cheese master (the person that ordered and cut and was the expert on cheese) had some information about them, and he happened to be a friend of mine. However, the store was HUGE and i didnt know how to get to his office. SUDDENLY Une See appears acting very much like Ed from Cowboy Bebop, and offered to take me to his office if I'd put in a good word for her so she could become his cheese apprentice.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 am UTC

I always have dreams about getting cock-blocked :(
*waggles eyebrows*

Dingbats

Postby Dingbats » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 am UTC

This night I dreamed I was having this one hour conversation with a really cute girl during a break in school. Then when I come back to class afterwards, it turns out she wasn't a girl, but actually the Swedish prime minister, who was a transvestite. That was kind of creepy.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 am UTC

I thought I had a dream about your mum, but it turns out it actually happened.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 am UTC

Quick dream related question based upon my own dreams.

Does anyone else find that when they are feeling dehydrated (After drinking usually) that they dream about drinking the most delicious types of drink in their dream?
Like last night after seeing a new student club open, I came back and dreamt there was a broken vending machine in my room, and I could reach the products. I decided notto eat the crisps as they'd make me thirsty, but when i opened a generic orange can of liquid it was the most divine drink ever, so I had more and more.

So upon waking up I know I'm damn thirsty.

But yeh anyone else get this?

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:09 pm UTC

^Agreed, I get that a lot.
In my dream last night, I got together with the girl I like... Was a fine dream.... No sex, just all round rather quaint.
I can now say that she is literally the "girl of my dreams" as she has been featured in one. (lol)

Part of it was also sitting under a table drinking coke that was being given to us by some kid who had made a fortress out of the bottles...
Overall, it was a nice dream.

Now if only I wasn't such a shy fool.

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Ian Ex Machina wrote:Does anyone else find that when they are feeling dehydrated (After drinking usually) that they dream about drinking the most delicious types of drink in their dream?
Not that I remember. I tend to wake up and stagger to the fridge, instead.

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 am UTC

I had a really long and complex dream last night. I distinctly remember only one part of it, though.

I was in a virtual reality game. My costume was a really short navy blue dress, and huge metal wings. I had the ability to levitate. I levitated over a concrete wall, and I was walking across the surface of a swimming pool, when a flaming (as in on fire, not homosexual) dinosaur with a machine gun came at me. I dodged him, and blew him away with my rocket launcher.
I slice, I dice, and I fit comfortably into your pocket or glove-box!

(Order in the next ten minutes, and get a second for FREE!)

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 pm UTC

Malsies wrote:I had a really long and complex dream last night. I distinctly remember only one part of it, though.

I was in a virtual reality game. My costume was a really short navy blue dress, and huge metal wings. I had the ability to levitate. I levitated over a concrete wall, and I was walking across the surface of a swimming pool, when a flaming (as in on fire, not homosexual) dinosaur with a machine gun came at me. I dodged him, and blew him away with my rocket launcher.

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

I had a dream that I was out side on my first day of night-school and there were a lot of pens and paper out side of the class room and all of the students were painting..

Night school D=

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:I had a dream that I was out side on my first day of night-school and there were a lot of pens and paper out side of the class room and all of the students were painting..

Night school D=

Knight school would be better....

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Does knight school have fight club?
*waggles eyebrows*

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:44 am UTC

i dreamt a hamster was trying to kill my ferrets so i threw it in the backyard after nearly choking it to death. then a chihuahua was trying to kill my ferrets, and i had it taken to an animal shelter. i HATE animal shelters, and i get teary when i feed mice to my snakes... and i dont have ferrets. wtf. also, one of the ferrets was blue.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:57 am UTC

i had a dream not that long ago where someone had come into my room to show me something amazing... i couldn't see whatever it was that they were trying to show me, so i was desperately trying to turn the light on. i woke up standing next to my light switch. the right side of my body was still asleep (like paralysed) and i'm right handed (so i'd normally use my right hand to flip the light switch). apparently i couldn't think logically whilst sleeping because, instead of using my left hand to flip the switch (since my right wouldn't move), i was using my left hand to flail my right arm at the light switch.

this - erm - phenomenon is what actually woke me, as my right arm was getting pretty banged up!
wild.
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:i dreamt a hamster was trying to kill my ferrets so i threw it in the backyard after nearly choking it to death. then a chihuahua was trying to kill my ferrets, and i had it taken to an animal shelter. i HATE animal shelters, and i get teary when i feed mice to my snakes... and i dont have ferrets. wtf. also, one of the ferrets was blue.

This just does not compute. You say ferrets as in plural ferrets. While hamsters are known for being cannibalistic and a ferret looks mighty close to another hamster in their teeny brains, ferrets are capable of releasing the UNHOLY WRATH when under attack... And that's when they're alone. Being social animals, they are fully capable of unleashing exponentially increasing amounts of UNHOLY WRATH as you add more of them. Especially a blue one. This means that even with just 2 of them, the hamster wouldn't have stood a goddamn chance in hell. The Chihuahua might be more of an issue because of its superior mass and larger mouth, but still should not pose much trouble.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:42 pm UTC

wing wrote:
parkaboy wrote:i dreamt a hamster was trying to kill my ferrets so i threw it in the backyard after nearly choking it to death. then a chihuahua was trying to kill my ferrets, and i had it taken to an animal shelter. i HATE animal shelters, and i get teary when i feed mice to my snakes... and i dont have ferrets. wtf. also, one of the ferrets was blue.

This just does not compute. You say ferrets as in plural ferrets. While hamsters are known for being cannibalistic and a ferret looks mighty close to another hamster in their teeny brains, ferrets are capable of releasing the UNHOLY WRATH when under attack... And that's when they're alone. Being social animals, they are fully capable of unleashing exponentially increasing amounts of UNHOLY WRATH as you add more of them. Especially a blue one. This means that even with just 2 of them, the hamster wouldn't have stood a goddamn chance in hell. The Chihuahua might be more of an issue because of its superior mass and larger mouth, but still should not pose much trouble.

Dreams do not require your mortal logic.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:23 pm UTC

I had a dream that I beat the hell out of someone for drinking, then they did crack and died, and I shot everyone at the funeral.

That's the short version.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Miles Invictus

Postby Miles Invictus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:33 am UTC

This morning I dreamt that my family had been chosen, amongst a larger group of people, to colonize a planet. In the middle of the trip, we found a habitable planet. My family wanted to stay on it, while everyone else wanted to continue to our intended destination. The compromise, of course, was to leave my family on the planet by themselves, while everyone else left. I had to decide whether to stay with my family -- and never see another human being -- or leave with the rest of humanity and never see my family again. This is a problem, because I actually like being around them. After spending a long time trying to decide, I chose to leave with everyone else. The dream ended with me racing to pack things together, so that I could get to the ship in time...

I'm not sure if I believe that dreams have meaning, but this one was pretty damn direct in its symbolism. I'm graduating from college. I can either stay in the Midwest with everyone I know, or I can leave for one of the coasts, start over, and hopefully find a group of friends I can identify with more. Too bad that's a lie -- the real reason I want to leave the Midwest is because I can't seem to find any girls out here that are interested in me.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:29 am UTC

Not last night, but within the last couple of days. I had a dream where not only was I making out with a girl who kept changing her identity, and who had a massive, colour coordinated stationary collection, I was also breaking into Comic Conventions without a ticket, through the air vents and making out with someone from the forums. I woke up very very confused.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:05 pm UTC

I had a dream about registering for a health class with the local community college. The building we were in had a three-level layout of awesome, that I would actually like to see. GF was there, too.

Basically, I dreamt about filling out paperwork and getting sent back and forth to different desks, but with my girlfriend to chat with and in an awesome building.

I need to get some bigger thrills.
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 pm UTC

I dreamed we had an xkcd convention. We took up an entire mall and the lawn around it. People were hanging out in groups of like individuals as they do in any gathering; gamers with gamers, goths with goths, stoners with stoners... Music was being played and I could hear it! The whole dream was awesome.

Neuman

Postby Neuman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

I had a dream where a girl asked if we could just be friends.

My dreams are way to close to real life. Cut it out, brain.
Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

Owehn

Postby Owehn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed that my memory was erased. I don't remember what happened after that.
[This space intentionally left blank.]

shinybaby
In-Tents

Postby shinybaby » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:39 pm UTC

last night i dreamed that my alarm clock was trying to talk to me in code.
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Little Richie

Postby Little Richie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:10 am UTC

i dreamed i was at a beatles concert, but sleepyng, then i dremped i woke up, and i did.....darn
ii

isnt that the worst part of your day, getting up?
With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
Check out my blog, my mission to save the world.

shinybaby
In-Tents

Postby shinybaby » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 am UTC

LCD SoundSystem wrote:i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

shinybaby wrote:last night i dreamed that my alarm clock was trying to talk to me in code.
That happens to me. I'll wake up halfway and see the red numbers on my digital clock; I don't comprehend them as "time" but as something else I don't understand... it's freaky.

shinybaby
In-Tents

Postby shinybaby » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm UTC

it's kind of nice to know i'm not the only one!! :D i told my coworkers about that dream when i got in and they collectively looked at me like i was on crack. in fact, one of them actually suggested crack as a reason for my messed up dreams!! :D
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am UTC

Last night's dreams were, as usual, pretty messed up. The first scene I can remember involved the house being invaded by some sort of lizards, about the size of geckos. I suspect this has to do with my finding the bathroom sink full of some sort of bug just before bed, but these were tiny bugs, so I don't know how they become big lizards.

Another part took place in my dad's truck and was one of the strangest I've had in a while. I don't know where we were driving, but I swear somehow we were both sitting in the driver's seat, like both occupying the same space. I was fiddling with the satellite radio (whose controls were in a different place than usual) and found a channel that just loops video game songs. Shortly after, he stepped out - just climbed out of the still-moving truck, which was now driving itself - and I just laid back and listened to the music in the interior which was now maybe the size of my bedroom. Then a couple guys I don't know came in; we threw a party but it ended up with mostly just them making a mess, throwing the couch (yes, couch) around, etc.

Once I'd chased them off I went into the basement - this massive truck now had a basement - which looked like a combination of an actual basement and the kitchen of a house I'd lived in a few years ago - and cleaned up some things, made lunch, munched out, and watched TV all at once. It ends with my mom coming down the stairs.

Truly bizarre. O_o

angel_jean wrote:I thought 'no actual sex' was the way it always was in dreams. :(

That's the way it is for me, anyway. There might be the person, there might be the environment, there might be the desire, there might even be the risk of getting discovered, but never any actual sex.

Dunno why.
This is something odd I noticed too. I'd had many dreams where I got really really close - once literally about to put it in - only to wake up or be interrupted or have the whole scene just completely change and we'd be doing something else entirely. This just changed for no apparent reason one night. Since then all of my sex dreams have ended with actual intercourse. I don't know what triggered this change, but I'm not complaining. :D
Last edited by '; DROP DATABASE;-- on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Xiphias

Postby Xiphias » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:12 am UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:I had a dream that I beat the hell out of someone for drinking, then they did crack and died, and I shot everyone at the funeral.

That's the short version.

I demand a sequel.

o.O

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:27 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:
angel_jean wrote:I thought 'no actual sex' was the way it always was in dreams. :(

Dunno why.
This is something odd I noticed too. I'd had many dreams where I got really really close - once literally about to put it in - only to wake up or be interrupted or have the whole scene just completely change and we'd be doing something else entirely. This just changed for no apparent reason one night. Since then all of my sex dreams have ended with actual intercourse. I don't know what triggered this change, but I'm not complaining. :D

Its kinda weird, but I've had the sex dreams, but never had sex IRL, now if only those memories weren't all foggy I could compare them one day... 8)

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 am UTC

Odd dream last night, I was in a class where every student had to give a speech, for half an hour. Even in the dream I thought that was a bit much. I'd written my speech, which has about how to memorise and give a speech, based on some books I'd been reading back in meatspace. But I left my notes at home. Starting to panic, I decided to print off another copy from my usb drive. But I'd left that at home too! (which I had. I'm at my dads now, and I forgot my usb drive. I feel naked. Which didn't happen in this dream.) So I was really worried, but then I had the bright idea to include some rambling about all this in my speech, to make up time for what I didn't remember. My turn came, I stood up.

Next thing I remember I'm sitting down, trying to work out how I did. I get the little report card from the teacher, and it says Fail. See me after class. I must have just stood there with my mouth open for half an hour.
Xeio wrote:Its kinda weird, but I've had the sex dreams, but never had sex IRL, now if only those memories weren't all foggy I could compare them one day... 8)
Actually, most of the sex dreams I can remember that actually involved intercourse were dreamt before I'd had sex. Which, um, felt alot different in the dreams. Real people aren't put together like the people in the Dreamland :oops: .

Return to “General”