Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Arancaytar

Postby Arancaytar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:58 am UTC

You make out with yourself in your dreams? Must be the fault of xkcd. :P
"You cannot dual-wield the sharks. One is enough." -Our DM.

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:47 am UTC

I make out with myself, but from the point of view of another person. Who is also me. Crap, it makes no sense. I hate to imagine what Freud would have made of it though.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 am UTC

last night I dreamt I was an undead warlock. seriously. I was walking around undercity and riding on bats and everything. this is not the first time this has happened. its getting weird b/c each dream gets more detailed.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:20 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed that I was watching the news..On the news was a group of three "sexy" terrorists (as they called themselves and so were called on the news. Quite frankly I didn't find them attractive at all) (One of whom showed his face before putting a mask on), and one hostage camera man. They drove a van alongside a canyon, where they had assorted military vehicles all lined up in a row. Then they switched to the other side of the canyon (How they got across is beyond me) Where they proceeded to drive along at about 90MPH while the camera man filmed the exploding vehicles. (Which were all timed exactly to explode as they drove by) After the 'show' they all got out and ditched the camera into a famously deep hole in the canyon floor. There was a news man in the studio reporting this, and the only specific line I remember him saying is "The terrorists didn't bother to show their faces because murderers never get caught."
Then, I was suddenly at the scene of the giant hole with some of my online friends. (Because I don't have any real ones..) We were all looking at it..I specifically was laying on the ground with my head over the edge of the canyon (With great fear of falling off) with one specific thought as my eyes adjusted to the hole's darkness with about the clarity and definition of an N64 game (Meaning a few shades of gray with back in the middle).. "Wow, that is a big hole. That's a really big hole." Then, someone decided that it would be a fun idea to make shapes out of paper and throw them into the canyon and watch them fall. But they weren't paper after you threw them.. They turned into a metal-like substance that bounced off the canyon floor (Which was now basically just a rough circle around the edge of the hole...About twice the diameter.) until it finally fell into the hole.
Then the scene suddenly switched so that I was at the bottom of the canyon, along with two or three other people, I can't remember. And there were I guess a few "tourists" up top, that I didn't know, also throwing the "objects" down into the hole. And on occasion we had to dodge them as they bounced around and went into the hole. Down there, there was a man sitting ont eh ground with with a pile of paper which we (In addition to a few new people that showed up out of nowhere) were making our shapes from. The one particular shape I remember the most clearly is a butterfly/dragonfly shaped one. It flew and bounced quite a lot without going into the hole, so someone made the suggestion "Hey, go kick it or something!" So, I went to the right place, waited for it..and kicked it in the wing just as it got to me. It started bouncing differently, and finally went into the hole...But it didn't go down. The way I had changed its shape made it exactly perfect to be caught on the ledge on the side of the hole..But the ledge...I don't remember it being there the whole time. It jutted out about a fifth of the way into the hole, where before, there was nothing sticking out. Anyway, I went out to the ledge (Very carefully of course) and pushed it off. Then people started crediting me and congratulating me for creating the only shape that didn't fall in. Then I felt sorry for the girl who had actually created the shape, because she deserves all the credit, yet she got none, and I couldn't do anything about it because the crowd was too excited to listen to anything had to say.

After that, I woke up, and among my first thoughts was "Hooray, now I have something to post in the dream thread on that one board!" (Of course the only thoughts before that were "Ungh, morning." "Why'd I have to wake up! Go back to sleep, go back to sleep go back to sleep!" etc.)
And. If any of you (I imagine at least one of you must be, considering how very many of you there are) are a professional dream analyzer, could you take a look a that for me, and send your thoughts in a PM? It would be greatly appreciated.
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

Mother Superior
Better than tea

Postby Mother Superior » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:28 pm UTC

Oh god I had an absolutely horrible nightmare tonight. In it, I had been at a party with friends out in the boondocks (where most of my friends live) and me and a girl I just barely know irl had to go back to the city at around 12-ish. Anyway, we're in my mate's room with him checking the bus schedule for us when the girl gets a phonecall that soon develops into her going "What, how? Oh my god that's horrible!". Soon she's crying hysterically and screams at my friend to find her a bus home, there are more people in the room now and she's crying and screaming like a madman and we're all trying to get to know what's happened and some of the other girls in the room start crying and all of a sudden she looks straight at me and in her teary eyes I suddenly know something absolutely horrific and terrible has happened, and that we are all alone far away from help and something awful either has happened or will happen to us very soon. And then I woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep and I was scared out of my wits for about ten minutes after. I haven't had a nightmare like that in years.
My crappy creepy? Crabby? My crabby blog.
"She bore also the fruitless deep with his raging swell, Pontus, without sweet union of love."
- Hesiod, Theogony

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:05 am UTC

My net wasn't working today so around midday (about 30 minutes ago) I went to lie down on my bed. I had my music still playing in the background. So I was kinda half asleep at that point, and I was sorta lucid dreaming. Sorta. Couldn't really control it.

So I was on this battlefield or something, anyway there was some military invading the town I was in. (I didn't see them I just knew it somehow.) So I sneak up behind this wall of a building, look around, and then I crawl down to the side of a dirt road. At this point, I stand up to look over a row of sandbags, and there's a US tank there. I thought "Oh, a friendly!" (at this point, I was a Russian soldier). Just as I thought that, I awoke feeling like something just exploded in front of me.

It was all very similar to levels I've played in Call of Duty and Medal of Honour and stuff.

Arancaytar

Postby Arancaytar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:01 am UTC

Several details stick out from my dreams tonight:

- I remember being unable to blow my nose. I felt my breathing was constricted because my nose was blocked, but I was absolutely unable to blow it. Whenever I did, my lung would just lose pressure. Now that I'm awake, I suspect that I actually tried to blow my nose, but didn't close off one hole.

- I was abducted and taken to Iraq. That was pretty scary. However, they let me go after a while. I don't really remember what was up with that, I only remember being shoved into a car and told not to make a sound.

- I was surfing, and fell victim to an XSS exploit. I was on this site (might have been UserFriendly) when all of a sudden, a post form opens, magically fills with text and is submitted. Finally I get to read it, and it says something to the effect of "Hello, I'm an idiot for posting on a site that doesn't escape Javascript."

I awoke with the protest "But I use NoScript!" still on my lips.
"You cannot dual-wield the sharks. One is enough." -Our DM.

Val

Postby Val » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:46 am UTC

I created a paradox in my dream last night. I dreamt about dreaming.

Lately I've been dreaming about band camp. Specifically 4 times already this week. Normally, I only remember my dreams once a month. This one had come in bits and pieces in some sort of order.

Piece 1: Dream sleeping.

I walk out of my cabin and start wandering about on the pathways that my mind created. Eventually I walk up a few stairs an on top of a deck. I feel extremely tired, so I walk inside the building. Supposedly the building was an inn, but I just fell asleep on the couch. Then a woman kept waking me up hour after hour to say something to me in Japanese. I dismissed her each time. I do remember children coming in and walking into another room a couple times.

Piece 2: Flood?

I'm walking up to an unfamiliar garage with a red minivan inside it. I look around inside it, and step back outside. Immediately it becomes cloudy and I'm in 4 foot deep water. I wade over to an island with a tree.

Piece 3: The kitchen?

I walk around the same area from piece 1, though it's cloudy and in the morning. I find a line outside a building that's surrounded by trees. Apparently this was a breakfast line. Then one of the counselors came out to tell us all that the kitchen had been flooded. I decided to go to the basement of the building via a stairway. The sandy ground was moist and pipes were scattered across the ground.

Piece 4: Auditorium?

Several parents are sitting on 3 long benches. I'm sitting with my parents, watching the stage in front of us. I'm not sure if anyone was on the stage. I got up, walked to the side of all the benches, walked up a catwalk, and ended up in a room/balcony behind the stage. The wall facing the stage was open, so we could see everyone inside the auditorium'. Eventually we walk back down and bring all of our parents up the catwalk. This time, instead, we go through a warm, industrial hallway. I remember going up and down the catwalk, and eventually going back outside to the same pathways as before. Except I never was with anyone when I was outside.

Please excuse my horrible typing. It's quarter till 4 AM, and I'm tired, but I fear I'll have another long, enduring, uncontrollable dream like this one.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

My dream last night was a combination of:
-A large wrench i saw a hardware store a few days back (3x the size in dream, about 1.5m long)
-The "purple shirted eye stabber" from early episodes of Cyanide and happiness. (Featured as me, unfortunately)
-A screwdriver i scratched my head with for 2 seconds while decorating 4 days ago. (Used for scratching and eye stabbing)
-A hacksaw i was thinking about getting to cut some things up for decorating. (Someone persuading me to have to distract, while a pickpocket trying to take my wallet... alot of blood ensued)

and for some reason i remember boating inside a flooded market... but 3d tetris style.

Basically all a combination of things i recently thought about, in a very abstract way. Who says dreams have messages :?

p.s. Does get annoying that my dreams mostly involve excessive violence, its just not cool. :(

niko7865

Postby niko7865 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:37 pm UTC

Last night I had a dream I was arguing with a teller at a supermarket because they tricked me into paying twice and my groceries kept disappearing. I got so mad I even slammed my fist down on the counter, it was an exciting dream.
21/m/athletic/white&nerdy/washington/straight/???

4=5

Postby 4=5 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

you

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:52 pm UTC

I dreamed our house burned down because my father-in-law set his house on fire right next to ours, and we were out, and our friends who were in our house didn't have the sense to use an extinguisher on the hot spot in the basement.

this doesn't make precise sense in a real-world way, but it does kinda in metaphor. my father-in-law is dying of alzheimer's so his "house" is definitely on fire - and there's a lot of emotional fallout in the family from it. my own dad died of dementia, and it really messed with me for about 2 years afterward. so if your "house" is your wellbeing, then the metaphor makes sense.

TRM

Postby TRM » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

Weirdest dream ever. Ok, I know everyone says that, but when it's lucid it's SO. DAMN. WEIRD.

My family and I decided to head over to the circus/restaurant nearby town. You know, the one that everyone goes to.

... :roll:

Anyway, first thing we do when we enter is we enter a room with an incredibly long dining table. A lot of men and women dressed in fifty's entertainment clothing are there. I sit down next to a woman who isn't actually a human, because she appears to be a 2 dimensional object.

Then we all start gambling, and I decide we should leave because it appears this 2 dimensional woman is a lesbian and is annoying me. The next room we enter is of wooden construction. It's a three story restaurant with a large.. gap in the middle. Essentially, the second and third floors of the restaurant are like balconies, where everyone in the restaurant can see into the middle where performances are held. We decide to sit in a dark area of the restaurant with blue candles.

Then I woke up.
PandaFluff wrote:I learned a few lessons from this... Don't trust epiphanies that come from a General Ecology lecture.

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:02 pm UTC

I dreamed.... well thats a bad way to start this.
I had a dream in which:
I was at home, sitting on the couch, and Death was sitting accross from me. We had a converstion about life, and then Death set the house on fire. I escaped into the backyard and watched my house burn.

After this, I found my self walking on a road that had signs on the side numbered in incrimemts of 10 with a whole bunch of other people. As people walk down the road, they drop dead after reaching certain numbers. I drop around 70.

I find my self in what can only be hell. I hear cries of pain and the sounds of people begging for mercy. Being free to move around, I start searching for a way out and am pursued by some unseen menace. Eventually I escape and find my self speaking to St. Peter at the gates of heaven. He asks me if I would be willing to return to hell to clean it up. I say sure, he hands me a mop, and I begin cleaning the blood-stained floors of hell. Then I woke up.

that kind of dream is not that odd for me. That ones even a bit comforting.
418 I'm a teapot

thesilentpyro

Postby thesilentpyro » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 pm UTC

I had a dream last night that ended with me making out with Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang on Smallville). It was rather odd; I woke up right afterward, and I still had the feel of her tongue in my mouth.

Thinking about it, that was one of the best dreams I've had in a while.
Today is more fun if you leave tomorrow behind.

Klye

Postby Klye » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm UTC

Actually two night ago, but close enough...

I was on a road trip I'm about to take with some friends, but we left one guy* at a gas station somewhere.

He's the only one of us that is worried about something going wrong. I thought it was quite funny.
Phi wrote: Be careful when touching it though. It really expands.

Why would she say that?!?

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:29 pm UTC

OH. MY. GOD. The ending of my dream was horrible. I don't remember the specifics of the first half of it. But it ended like this. I went to the bathroom, and the toilet clogged. The water level was riiiight at the top, so i was super careful using the plunger. I do it a couple times and its still clogged. So i plunge [is that the verb i'd use?] one more time--only to have the most enormous shit log ever come out from the toilet drain, breech like a nuclear sub, and flop onto the floor in front of the toilet. End dream.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:10 pm UTC

I usually either don't dream or don't remember my dreams (not sure which, but it ends up at the same place anyway). On rare occasions I do recall my dreams, and they almost universally make me really glad I don't usually recall them. Like Sunday night.

I dreamed that there was this house that was haunted/possessed/something, and a new family (I was viewing it from the perspective of being the teenage son in the family) entered the house. The house then proceeded to try and make the family live out the house's idea of how their life should be. And really directly, like at one point it didn't want them to go upstairs, so the staircase was suddenly full of barbed wire.
And if the house wanted you to do something, and you resisted, a bronze bust of your head doing the thing it wanted you to do would appear where it wanted you to do it.
And the house didn't tell you what it wanted you to do, it either set the scene so you could easily figure it out, or it would have it's various creations tell you. Said creations were jumbles of random maniquin parts and clothing. One was a set of walking maniquin legs with a top hat perched on them.
At one point the family was sitting in the dingy 50's era kitchen and I was resisting doing something, and seriously freaking out, and one of the creations was telling me I should do it because the house was getting unhappy with me. I turned and towards the wall and started apologizing to the house and trying to explain that the reason I was freaking out was that I was hypoglycemic (true in RL) and my blood sugar was low and I needed to either eat or sleep to calm down. This whispery voice came out of the wall and told me to go upstairs and go to sleep. I started saying that the stairs were blocked at which point the voice told me the stairs were clear and to go to bed. That was when I woke up.

FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!

I spent the next while before my alarm went off trying to figure out how to kill a possessed house that could create/change things inside at will, without having to go inside.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 pm UTC

thesilentpyro wrote:I had a dream last night that ended with me making out with Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang on Smallville). It was rather odd; I woke up right afterward, and I still had the feel of her tongue in my mouth.

Thinking about it, that was one of the best dreams I've had in a while.

This is why I need to learn how to lucid dream.

Sjonyonye

Postby Sjonyonye » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:41 am UTC

I had a false awakening and found I could breathe through my nose. "ZOOM, it's a dream!" I turned on the lights but DAMN light switches don't work in dreams. So I'm stuck in a dark house. I spun around and wanted to go to my pre-ordained destination of "a valley by a tree," but that didn't work.

The most interesting thing I could do was to tell someone they only existed in my dream. But she didn't appear to have existential despair afterwards, like I totally would.

The other thing was I picked up a box and said there would be wise quotes in it. It turned out to be something written in Gibberish. I would have loved to pass on the wisdom to all of you, but... yeah, there were words like 'wooble' on these cards.

Um... I am really trying to get better at lucid dreaming.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 pm UTC

I had the most fun dream last night. I was in some kind of gym place with a bunch of other people. There were a bunch of brightly colored plastic balls everywhere and a chest on the stage area of the room. When you put all the balls in the chest and closed it they randomly appeared in places around the room. Everybody had to go find them and whoever got the most won. We played one game and I got every single ball, then everybody hated me because I won, but I am used to that so I did not care. Then we played a second game. All of the balls were found except for two. I saw everybody looking into the pool(There was a pool in the room); and when I went over I realized the last two were in the bottom. I was about to dive in fully clothed(everybody else thought I was crazy) to get the last two, but my alarm clock went off. I think it was something about the dream because I woke up this morning without even needing my second alarm clock to go off.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:12 pm UTC

I dreamed I was in a giant hotel with some friends, and the building was collapsing. There were many, many people inside the building, but nobody else was alarmed at the cracking and rumbling - but I made my friends get out with me. People thought I was crazy to leave.

At the bottom level I passed through the restaurant, and saw that one of the waitresses was the actress who played Laverne from Laverne and Shirley. I also realized that I had gone back in time, and that she wasn't yet an actress. I said "hi Laverne," on my way through, so that a few months hence when she got the part she'd wonder who the hell I was :)

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:00 pm UTC

I keep dreaming that I run into my friend who isn't talking to me and he's a little angry for a second, but then decides to let by-gones be by-gones and we are ok after that. It makes me happy. It feels very real, and I wake up thinking it's quite possible.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:everybody hated me because I won, but I am used to that

I laughed. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

The LuigiManiac
Location: Trapped in a hypothetical situation somewhere in Ontario...help?

Postby The LuigiManiac » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:08 am UTC

I dreamt I had Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The bad thing was that it wasn't actually that good. Or at least, I remember saying that in the dream. I can't remember much, but Sonic and Bomberman were in Brawl in my dream. It had a very nice menu too.
Spoiler:
THE CAKE IS A 3.141592653589...!

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 am UTC

Sunshine wrote:I make out with myself, but from the point of view of another person. Who is also me. Crap, it makes no sense. I hate to imagine what Freud would have made of it though.

I know what you mean.
Awhile ago I had this dream where myself tried to shoot me. I had to calm her down, so I hugged her and was enlightened. That is, I learned something profound I can't put into words or can't remember. Which happens occasionally in my dreams.

Most recently I had a dream about being cut with a razor blade, and later rumaging through a pile of dusty boardgames.

Verator

Postby Verator » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:35 am UTC

Note: All my dreams are in a somewhat 3rd person view, and the colors are darkened, so it's somewhat of a black + white feel.
\
I had a dream, and I shit you not, about being chased by dinosaurs. Like, raptors and shit from Jurassic Park. Well, if you remember in the 3rd one where there's that kid with the T-Rex piss, we start in a little bunker like that, and there's like 5 of us, and I don't know the other people at all really. Well, then it goes on to us walking through the jungle, and we get to a clearing and see a pack of raptors killing a small juvenile T-Rex. I stopped at about this point.

Now, a few weeks later, I dream that part again, and keep going. We get to this old building, run down in the jungle type thing. Well, we force our way inside, because we figure it'll be safer inside that outside. Well, for whatever reason we realize there are raptors in there, but we don't leave. There are tons of computers banks, like those massive wall-sized super-computer type things, and they're all run down, and the ceiling, which is the floor of the second level, is somewhat destroyed, and there's a staircase to the second floor in the back-right corner we can see.

Well, we start to move through the computer-bank maze, and we see broken glass cylinder things, like where it showed they were testing the raptors in the 3rd movie. Well, all of a sudden a raptor comes out of nowhere when some lady goes to examine it, and knocks her down and rips out her throat. Well, then we all rush to the stairs, and magically they're all outside and I'm trapped upstairs, and I jsut ran across a big open space, to a door, but I find it's jsut a closet, and I know the floor is weak and collapse at any moment. Well, there's like 3 raptors across the floor, and they start runnign towards me, so I magically have a gun, and I shoot this one part of the floor and it all collapses, kill the raptors, but now I'm hanging on to a ledge, sinc ethe floor is gone, so I drop down onto a computer bank, and run outside.

It stopped again here. Then about a year later, that part repeats, and I'm outside again. Two T-Rex come out of the woods, and beat the shit out of the raptors who then try to kill them, but one is really badly injured, so I do some sort of crazy Legolas run up it's tail + back thing and stick my gun in a weak spot of it's skull and shoot into it's brain a few times, and jump off before it lands on me. Well, during that, the other T-Rex goes to kill the people, so i shoot it and detroy one of it's eyes, so it turns on me and starts chasing me. Well, then I run along this little valley since we were fighting the T-Rex on a hill, and then the woods led into a streamed valley, so I'm running along this valley as fast as I cna, jumping over logs and streams, ducking under branches, and I somehow stay jsut out of range of the T-Rex.

Now, I magically know there's like civilization down the valley like 5 miles, like suburbs and shit. So I get there, and the T-Rex magically is right on my ass now, as I get to a house, which Garage door is magically open. I get inside the garage, and then the T-Rex can talk!!! It tells me to wait for a second, so I turn around, because it's fucking talking! It says something akin to letting me rest before it kills me, so I'm in these random people's house. Well they come home, and strangely aren't bothered by the T-Rex, and it doens't care for them either, so they feed my Cheese-it's and shit, weird foods, and then I hide in there for like a day. The T-Rex then yells if I don't come out it'll destroy the house and kill me, but somehow I sneak out the back door, and run along the suburbs.

Then I woke up. I think it'll continue sometime later too.

Also, I've had one of those making out/ having sex with yourself dreams, except, in my dreams, I'm physically a lot different than I really am.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

LizardKing

Postby LizardKing » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm UTC

I had one with raptors last night as well, though sadly I don't remember a great deal of it. At first I was teasing some with a laser pen like I do with the cat, then I was cuddling one that had a muzzle on, and I kinda felt sorry for it, as it obviously wanted to eat my face. Awww. Good thing it didn't use claws instead.

Gadren

Postby Gadren » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:57 pm UTC

The night before last, I had a dream that I had started college, but that I had forgotten to attend the first session of one of my night classes... I checked online to look at the attendance records, and for that class under my name, it said "n00r." I guess it was some strange corruption of "n00b" that my brain came up with.

iknoritesrsly

Postby iknoritesrsly » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 am UTC

I dreamt that I only lived in Polaroids.

This is a fairly recurring dream of mine.
Diogenes was once asked what he thought of Socrates. "A madman," he replied.
Later, Plato was asked what he thought of Diogenes. "A Socrates gone mad," he replied.
Diogenes ridiculed Plato for being long-winded.

4=5

Postby 4=5 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:41 am UTC

iknoritesrsly wrote:I dreamt that I only lived in Polaroids.

This is a fairly recurring dream of mine.
woah seriosly??? I had the exact same dream myself!!

PhantomReality

Postby PhantomReality » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 am UTC

I didn't dream last night but has anybody had any reoccuring dreams of bad experiences? I don't mean like "Oh me yarm I almost died and I can't get over it" kind of experience but just something everyday? This happens to me often and once for a week straight.

[Edit] Oh wait I did dream last night! My signiture remided me: I was in a "fire-apple red convertable" with Hunter S. Thompson and he was telling me about gonzo journalism but I couldn't remember anything about his writing though I really wanted to impress him with how much I knew. I was very sad :( When I woke up I was still on this shitty vacation. :|
DROP ACID NOT BOMBS.

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:11 pm UTC

PhantomReality wrote:I didn't dream last night but has anybody had any reoccuring dreams of bad experiences? I don't mean like "Oh me yarm I almost died and I can't get over it" kind of experience but just something everyday? This happens to me often and once for a week straight.

when I'm under stress, yes.

you stressed out, Phantom?

PhantomReality

Postby PhantomReality » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:54 am UTC

bought to go to college man, leaving all my friends. One of my best friends is having drama and i won't get to see her and i like her and Oh me yarm angst angst angst.

So basically: Yes.
DROP ACID NOT BOMBS.

lukkucairi

Postby lukkucairi » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:56 pm UTC

PhantomReality wrote:bought to go to college man, leaving all my friends. One of my best friends is having drama and i won't get to see her and i like her and Oh me yarm angst angst angst.

So basically: Yes.

:(

it'll clear up when you make the move, prolly.

I've been having a recurring dream of being caught in nets - most unpleasant. bits of life aren't good at all right now.

what's freaky is that I'm lucid when I'm having these dreams - I know they're dreams, and I'm spending the whole time trying to figure out why I'm having them. wake up exhausted. bah.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:18 pm UTC

I wish I remembered my dreams more often, but this usually only happens if one is woken up during REM sleep, from what I've heard.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed that I was somewhere which require shuttle (bus) transportation. I was there with my friend Christopher a lot, but not exactly on purpose, it seemed we ended up there on different paths. We were supposed to take a plane somehwere, maybe England, but that didn't end up happening, and eventually I got back to this place where I was or wasn't exactly supposed to be. I was modeling, this big try out thing with a bunch of people, it was night time, there was this water on this shore of smooth brown/grey rocks. We got on the bus, and then something happened and I was in water and I emerged on said shore, in this hotel, red carpeted. I want to say there was a movie premeir or something, and then I was outside the hotel and there was this modeling competition....and I went to the center where there was stuff set up and this other much-more typically attractive female my age was there, and she did her bit, and I went forward to interact, and I started out doing something comic, and I think I did a prat fall and some other stuff, and everyone was applauding and praising, and I was back in the audience again, watching, but it was me up there, and I sort of humbly, not wanting to accept the praise, akwardly did this very slight bow. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I was going to be famous. I was pretty sure everything I did was kind of an accident of nerves, but it didn't matter, it had already made an impact.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

A.leon

Postby A.leon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:15 pm UTC

I had a dream where I was on an airplane and a bunch of other unimportant things happened until I found my friend was eating a cookie. Then when I found out where she had gotten them I realized it was a dream and I could eat all the cookies I wanted too but I couldn't just make them appear I had to reason them into existence like oh I just found this bag of cookies" or "I forgot I had been holding these the whole time." They were yummy but started to lose taste as I woke up.
Aleon says:
do you know the muffin man?
Michael says:
Yeah,he lived down Mulberry lane until he was arrested for murdering people due to the deranged pressure put on him by his dog

ShowPony

Postby ShowPony » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:29 am UTC

To understand the dream I had last night, you have to know two things. One, I'm learning to code in C# for a work project, where I'll be keeping data in XML files. Two, just after Christmas I was given a kitten who turned out to have a birth defect in his spine. He can still get around, though his wobbly hind legs look odd, and every night he climbs on my bed and pokes me until I let him snuggle under the blankets with me.
So last night he woke me up, and after he had settled down I fell asleep again, and dreamed that if I could just bind an XMLSerializer object to him I could write him out to a file and hand edit his spine to fix him. But he kept biting the object and breaking it when I tried to attach it to him.

I think I need a break from work. Or from small, crippled cats that wake me up every night. :D

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:55 pm UTC

PhantomReality wrote:I didn't dream last night but has anybody had any reoccuring dreams of bad experiences? I don't mean like "Oh me yarm I almost died and I can't get over it" kind of experience but just something everyday? This happens to me often and once for a week straight.

I have a reoccurring dream where I am in just my boxers in a public place and suddenly tons of people I know show up.

Last night I had a dream where I was playing some kind of VR online video game and I took a base somebody else wanted and he proceeded to get pissed. A friend of his tried to work it out but I was kind of a jerk to her which made me feel bad when I woke up. The odd thing about the dream though was that everybody in it was completely made up; I usually substitute people I know in real life as characters in my dreams.
Last edited by KicktheCAN on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Return to “General”