[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shepherdess

Re: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 am UTC

I don't mean to take away from the above discussion, so answer at your own leisure. I'd contribute to it more, but I use pads exclusively, so I wouldn't know about the different tampon brands.

That said, I've been investigating menstrual cups, but I don't know anyone who uses them and could tell me how comfortable/practical/sanitary they are. Can someone please tell me how comfortable/practical/sanitary they are?
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 am UTC

Amy, if the problem is that you can't find OB tampons, you can order them on Amazon!
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:40 pm UTC

Note on vaginas and volcanoes: Oh dear. When is the word filter on this awesome part of my body that I like very much going to go away?

This thread is how I heard about menstrual cups, I currently adore mine, and never, ever, want to go back. That said, menstrual cups do have a steep learning curve, and you do have to put your fingers up in your vagina. From this thread, I also learned about the livejournal menstrual cup community, which is also awesome. http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/ It is a fairly busy community, and it therefore a little difficult to navigate, so if anyone has any particular questions, look on the right side of the page, maybe try a quick google, and then, after that, just ask: I can probably find the info you need.

I am personally completely unconcerned about any "sanitary" issues with menstrual cups. Other menstruation products are not sterile, or even particularly clean. They are packed to seem crazy clean, but that's just extra packaging. Just wash your hands before putting in and taking out your cup, rinse your cup occasionally while using it, and wash it between cycles. One real drawback of the cup is that your hands do get a little bloody while using it. I don't have a problem with that, I simply wash my hands afterwards. But if that's what you mean when you say "sanitary," and its a concern for you, then menstrual cups might not work for you.

As far as comfort and practicality: I think menstrual cups are far and away superior to any other option. I never run out (because it's reusable!), I can put it in early and leave it in late, and I don't have to carry anything with me, or find a place for trash, when I'm menstruating. I don't feel it in me at all when I'm wearing it, so it's certainly comfortable.

That said, I do not want to minimize my learning curve. It probably took me four or five cycles to get it completely figured out, and that included some really painful poking from the stem on my cup (I eventually cut if off completely, which works wonders for me). I had to try a bunch of different folds to find the punch down, which I love. I do have to check, with my finger, to make sure my cup is open and below (not above!) my cervix every single time I insert it, and I have a heavy enough flow that I wear back-up cloth pads during part of Shark Week.

Interesting point: it's been a long time since I've visited the livejournal group, and I saw this link: a chart follow-up study that showed statistically indistinguishable rates of IUD expulsion for cups, pads, and tampons. http://www.familypracticenews.com/news/ ... 9a671.html I think I should be visiting that community more often!

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Where do you buy cups at? I've never seen them at the stores.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Dame Not-Bob

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

Mine was extremely uncomfortable and painful, but I never tried it after one cycle.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm UTC

I got my menstral cup online from feminine wear.co.uk. They offer a wide range of cup options in all available sizes. There is a link somewhere in this thread that compares all the various kinds and since I'm short the height of the cup is the issue for me. Do a thread search for cup comparisons and you should be able to find it. I found that link the most helpful when getting mine.

If I didn't have an iud and if when I used it before I could get suction broke, I'd still be using it. But I never could break the suction before removal well so I worry about what that would do to my iud. I know lots people use them with iuds just fine though. I loved it because I didn't react to it allergicslly and since its not absorptive it didn't abrade or rub and it was smooth.

Tampon update: I just trimmed off a centimeter from my tampons and it worked fine. So it does work to trim at least tampax tampons.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

eaglewings51

Postby eaglewings51 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:That said, I've been investigating menstrual cups, but I don't know anyone who uses them and could tell me how comfortable/practical/sanitary they are. Can someone please tell me how comfortable/practical/sanitary they are?

I bought mine from rei.com - it's a divacup. It took me about two cycles to learn how to use it. It does have a longer learning curve than tampons or pads but just hang in there because it's totally worth it. I love it because I can wear it overnight and you're not supposed to do that with tampons (unless you want to wake up every six hours or less which I don't). The cup leaks much less than a tampon. They say you can wear the cup for 12 hours. I have worn it longer than that once when I had a long day (woke up, went to church, went to Easter dinner, took a six hour drive home, got in at 2 am, crashed in bed - probably 24 hours actually) with no problems.

On the first day or two of Shark Week, I have to change it in the middle of the day because it gets full. The rest of Shark Week, I only change it at night before going to bed and in the morning after I get up. I can totally forget about it during the day. I always wear thin pantiliners during the day because I'm always nervous about leaks and hate stained underwear, but in all honesty, I really don't need to.

It's great for activities. I've worn it running, rock climbing, snowmachining, hiking, canoeing, back-country swimming, skiing. I have never had a problem. You do have to be comfortable with sticking your fingers inside you and with getting a bit bloody. It takes slightly longer to stick it in than a tampon or pad but it gets faster with practice and it's not that big of a time difference.

I rinse mine with hot water every time I take it out but not soap because I don't want to irritate my insides. (Although, come to think of it, I always rinse my diaphragm with soap and never have a problem.) They say to boil it after every period but I haven't done that in months. I forget. Plus, up until four months ago, I had roommates and never wanted to boil it in the kitchen with random people around.

Bottom line - it's the best thing ever and I will never go back to tampons or pad.

ETA: Depending on what cup you get, it can be easier or harder to get it to pop open inside you. Mine is pretty stiff and it automatically pops open once I let go of holding it folded down (I use the "punch down" method). I have never had to worry about it unfolding.

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

I bought mine on gladrags.com, along with cloth pads, at a time when they had a smaller selection of cups. I have seen cups in person at Whole Foods, but I think that's it. You should probably choose where you want to buy them from, then see what the selection is, and look up those cups on the livejournal community, and confirm that one or more of them seems good for you. I just bought a cup with very little research about different cups. I kinda wish I'd bought one with larger capacity, but also that was shorter, so I figure I'm good with what I've got.

During the 36 hour or so period that I have my heaviest flow, I sometimes have to change my cup every three or four hours or so. But when I used pads, I had to change them every hour (I don't think I ever used a tampon during that heaviest flow). So I'm in the habit of emptying my cup every time I go to the bathroom, and making sure I go to the bathroom reasonably often during my heavy flow. At the end of my flow, I usually only empty my cup every 12 or 24 hours, and sometimes I've forgotten about it and left it for longer.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

What do you do when you change cups and you're out in public?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

Usually, use a restroom stall. Sometimes, if I'm hiking, dig a hole in the dirt and empty it out in there.

Here's what I wrote four years ago about using public restrooms:
I wrote:It's really not hard to use in public, since public restrooms have stalls. Just wash your hands as you come into the restroom, go to a stall, put toilet paper in the bowl, empty your cup onto the toilet paper (so the blood doesn't stay in the bowl after you flush), and wipe your hand off with more toilet paper. Then leave the stall and wash your hands. The cup works perfectly well in public restrooms, as long as you can wash your hands and flush toilet paper (true in the states at least: I haven't figured out a system for traveling in places where toilet paper does not go into the toilet).
I don't bother to use the toilet paper in the bowl anymore: that means sometimes I have to flush twice to get all the blood out of the bowl, but not all of the time.

As posted here in the past, Semicharm's system is to travel with wet wipes, to clean the cup and her hands when using restrooms without running water.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

I do the same as Enjua. To be honest, it's quite rare that I've ever needed to change in the middle of the day - only really on my two worst days, otherwise just timing it before and after work is fine. I generally use a disabled/single stall if one is available, especially if it has its own sink. I also use mine with an IUD, and no problems at all for me.

As with anything, it's a case of trial and error, and finding out what works for you.

eaglewings51

Postby eaglewings51 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:46 am UTC

eaglewings51 wrote:back-country swimming, skiing.

Lol. That should be back-country skiing and swimming.

Shepherdess wrote:What do you do when you change cups and you're out in public?

I have never had to change mine in public and I have used it for over a year now. It holds so much that I don't need to change it often. If I had to, I would just wipe it out with toilet paper and stick it back in and then wash it next time. I believe that's what the divacup site recommends.

semicharmed

Postby semicharmed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

[quote="Enuja"As posted here in the past, Semicharm's system is to travel with wet wipes, to clean the cup and her hands when using restrooms without running water.[/quote]

For more context, I spent 2+ years in Ukraine, which was most definitely a toilet-paper-into-wastebasket country. Also, the kind of place where most public toilets rationed out their TP. I have a copper IUD, which hasn't made me bleed more, overall, it's just changed the distribution. I have 1-2 days where I need to empty the cup every 4-6 hours; when I was using tampons that was changing a super tampon every *hour* so the cup is a *massive* improvement. I carried wet-wipes (as unscented as I could find, on one notable occasion, I ended up with bubblegum-scented wipes...), would dump the cup into the toilet, shake it around to get as much of the blood off as possible, then use a wipe to clean my hands/the cup before re-inserting it.

The cup was absolutely one of the best things I bought while I was in Ukraine. I'm still using it, because of the aforementioned IUD - I'll bleed heavily/clottily for the first two-ish days, and then see a trickle for 3-4, so it saves me from constantly changing tampons.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 am UTC

(This period is sucking the life out of me, and my internet is running slow. It doesn't even hurt that bad, it's just vague awful feelings and there's a big zit on the corner of my mouth)

I have a Moon Cup, and I lost track of whether or not it's safe to boil it, so I just soak it in hot water and vinegar for a little while before I start using it, and rinse it off with water when I empty it out.

The first diva cup I had I washed with hand soap, which you're not supposed to do, but I didn't notice any dire consequences. It might have discolored faster.

natraj

Postby natraj » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

i have a divacup and i no longer have my iud but i had it while i did have the mirena; it was pretty awesome and a giant world better than tampons/pads for me. being able to just put it in and leave it during Lots Of Activity (running, rock climbing, martial arts, swimming) was great. also having it for things like camping and not worrying about what to do with lots of used disposable things. i used to have to change mine every couple hours during heaviest flow and then on the rest of days, leave it for sometimes even a day without worrying about it.

i also heard about them from this thread and it made me the happiest.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

So, do you have one cup for all bleeding, or a cup for every day of bleeding?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

One cup for all the bleeding! That's the idea, and the fantastic part of it: you don't have to carry anything extra with you, and you don't have to throw anything out. You simply empty out the cup (rinse it if you're at home and feeling fastidious), and put it back in! I have had just the one cup for nearly four years now! (Disposable cups do exist, but they do not appeal to me, and I do not know that anyone here on this thread has tried them.)

ShortChelsea
One thousand four hundred and thirty seven

Postby ShortChelsea » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

I have used disposable ones. I mistakenly thought I had bought a reusable one from my local drug store. They're ok, but I had the same problem with them as I do with the reusable one-it's noisy and I could get it out without getting blood on my hands. They were more comfortable than my reusable one, but I like to be able to reuse it.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm looking into cups is I want to reduce my trash output.
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

I had a hell of a time using my DivaCup when I was on the NuvaRing for birth control. I just could not get it in place comfortably or far enough up, and I had constant leakage issues (and this is without the ring in there). After I went off of hormonal birth control, I found it MUCH easier...the only thing I can think of is that the hormones made things less-relaxed and more friction-y.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

PencilStubs

Postby PencilStubs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 am UTC

After reading this thread, I'm starting to get very interested in a Diva Cup. The one thing I'm worried about is being able to practice and get used to it on a day(s) I can stay home all day (which isn't often), because it'd be worried about putting it in uncomfortably, not being able to get it out, and having to wait until it filled up enough to fall down more itself. One reviewer on Amazon said she practiced on non-period days. Has anyone else practiced on non period days?

(edited for typo)
Last edited by PencilStubs on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm UTC

In my experience, how much menstrual flow is in the cup doesn't effect where it sits or how easy it is to get out. Both where I put my cup and what muscles I contract determine where my cup sits: when I bear down to defecate, my cup peeks out, usually by at least a half inch! And then it moves right back up again when I relax those muscles. I never spent a whole day learning to use it: just a few hours in the evening as I was cooking and eating dinner. I did do "dry runs," but the wet runs were much more useful, because that's when I found out that my cup was leaking (because I had it too far up in my vagina, past my cervix).

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

To be honest, I wear mine relatively regularly before Shark Week kicks in because I'm kind of irregular and some days I don't have time for surprises. Not sure if I would recommend this when you're starting out though, it can be more difficult to manouvuer without the extra lubrication from the blood, and I know when I tried "dry runs" before I was used to it, I found it really off-putting and stressful. For me, that is in part because my cervix is really high during any other part of my cycle, so occasionally it gets difficult to retrieve it from the volcano... But now I know. For similar reasons I don't recommend trimming the stem before you've actually worn it. I would not be able to locate mine at all without the stem. Seriously.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

Um, does being a virgin affect the comfortabilty of the cup?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

PencilStubs

Postby PencilStubs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

existential_elevator and Enuga: I just realized I could wear a pad during the day, then try the Diva cup at home in the evening. Yay! I'll avoid the dry-runs, and maybe even wet it with water for extra lubrication if I try it on a light day.

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:12 am UTC

It's not so much about "virginity" as about how physically and mentally comfortable it is for you to put fingers, and other things, in your vagina. That said, a lot of virgins do worry about how the cup will work, some of them have difficulty using it at first, and learning to use it takes time and effort for just about everyone. There is a virginity tag on the livejournal community. When you click on just that tag, you get a lot of personal stories and requests for help, mostly with trouble in the main post, often with resolutions in the comments. Maybe more useful: both the virginity and success stories tags at the same time! I think once you find a cup that works for you, and figure out how to insert it, being a "virgin" is completely and absolutely irrelevant to how you use the cup.

Shepardess, we might give you better answers if you ask longer, more specific questions. From this most recent question, I don't know what you mean by "comfortable," and I don't know if you use tampons, tampons with applicators or without, how well you know your own anatomy, if you've found your cervix (I didn't identify mine until I first put in a cup when I was 28 or so years old), and other relevant details.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am UTC

It may be worthwhile noting that they do come in different diameters, so you can shop around to find one that "fits" better :)

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

I used mine as a virgin and it wasn't an issue once I bought the correct cup for me both diameter and depth wise. Depth is more an issue for me than anything as my volcano is pretty small. It did encourage me to know my own anatomy better which is something I had never done and that was the hardest part. I would suggest you use your fingers to get an idea of the space of your volcano. Tiny opening? Want a narrower cup. Low cervix? (My issue especially during shark week when the cervix drops lower, mine gives me maybe 1 inch of space if that on lowest days) you'll want a short cup. My volcano entrance is extremely sensitive (almost more so than my clit!) so I can't have anything touching or rubbing it so a short cup was quite neccesary. There Are a bunch of brands and all are different diameters depths etc etc its certainly not a one size fits all and so researching them plus knowing your own shape and size will help you get the best one. From there you can figure out what you like or don't like. I bought a second one after the first to correct my mistakes lol but the first was close enough I understood which measurements of the cup I needed to edit.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Kithplana

Postby Kithplana » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

ShortChelsea wrote:I have used disposable ones. I mistakenly thought I had bought a reusable one from my local drug store. They're ok, but I had the same problem with them as I do with the reusable one-it's noisy and I could get it out without getting blood on my hands. They were more comfortable than my reusable one, but I like to be able to reuse it.

Are you talking about the Softcup? It's a different form factor than the other cups discussed here, made differently, and positioned differently. I did try one, but I agree with you. I'm still considering trying a silicone cup, though.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

Enuja wrote:It's not so much about "virginity" as about how physically and mentally comfortable it is for you to put fingers, and other things, in the volcano. That said, a lot of virgins do worry about how the cup will work, some of them have difficulty using it at first, and learning to use it takes time and effort for just about everyone. There is a virginity tag on the livejournal community. When you click on just that tag, you get a lot of personal stories and requests for help, mostly with trouble in the main post, often with resolutions in the comments. Maybe more useful: both the virginity and success stories tags at the same time! I think once you find a cup that works for you, and figure out how to insert it, being a "virgin" is completely and absolutely irrelevant to how you use the cup.

Shepardess, we might give you better answers if you ask longer, more specific questions. From this most recent question, I don't know what you mean by "comfortable," and I don't know if you use tampons, tampons with applicators or without, how well you know your own anatomy, if you've found your cervix (I didn't identify mine until I first put in a cup when I was 28 or so years old), and other relevant details.

My bad. I use pads exclusively. I used to read the pamphlets that came in boxes of my mother's tampons as a kid, and the warnings of TSS forever scared me off of them. I read somewhere that cups don't carry that risk. As for "comfortability", well...are they comfortable? When put in right, do you even feel them there?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

Honestly, I have at times forgotten I was wearing my cup at all. I never notice it.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:09 am UTC

I never notice it unless its in wrong.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

Where do ya all go for bra sizes like 36f or 36g?

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 am UTC

I go to the internet. http://www.bravissimo.com/

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 am UTC

I can't find a fit guide and all brands are different...even styles with brands for different...i can't afford to buy dozens of bras of each style to find out what fits and then return the rest. Perhaps if I get to the UK this fall I can visit one of their stores though. Sorry I guess I should have been more specific...somewhere I could go to in person. A bug issue I'm having, for example, is the larger cup size is needed but the underwires are too big and cut into my arms. It's like my boobs are placed more in front than they assume for the larger cup sizes. Does that make sense?

cplns

Postby cplns » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 am UTC

Sungura wrote:Where do ya all go for bra sizes like 36f or 36g?

I go to Cacique if I have to go to a brick and mortar store. Their sizing is consistent from what I've seen, and always matches my measurements. Since they're a plus-size store, it looks like their F/G/H bras only start at a 38, but I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can do small adjustments to get another band size if necessary - a 36g would become a 38f (up a band, down a cup) or a 34h (down a band, up a cup). And they usually have some awesome sales going on, like buy two get two free.

But other than that, I don't know of any physical stores. Before I found them, I had to shop exclusively online to find my size.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:06 am UTC

Bratabase might be helpful in determining in bras will fit or not.
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

Cpins that is where I went he other day... I have used them a while but yea they are no longer offering in 36 higher than ddd. Their sales associate helped me find their newly released Demi bra which the band size runs small on. I was able to get a 38f which was close as I could be. The 38g did fit my boob a bit better but it put the straps coming up under my arms!!! It hurt and pinched so that didn't work. They are better than what I had. But I'm not totally happy with them either and if my trend continues this is gonna get even harder. I settled yesterday. The black and sand colors because that's Ll they had in this new style that wasn't animal print and I hate animal print but alas it's still trimmed in animal print. I only pulled the tags off one to try it. It fits lot better overall but it's not right, and its obvious because it is a bit pinchy. But it offers enough support my back wasn't hurting as bad. I'm going to train capoeira and do more active stuff today to see how it feels when I'm being all bouncy and moving my arms a lot. The straps dig into my underarms when I move my arms forward. I need the fabric amount of the larger cup size but the underwires and how far back the shoulder straps are placed are now a huge issue. It's like the connection of my boobs to me is smaller like a ddd or something, but need the space of a g cup.

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

Sungura, hopefully some people here will find you a good bra shop near you, or you'll find one with googling (given that you know your exact location), but I want to suggest the possibility of having one custom made. When I google "custom bra alabama" I get, among other things, the phone number for a "Birmingham Custom Bras." I can't promise that this business even still exists, much less is perfect for you, but I do know that it is possible for you to have a bra made for you, shipped to you from measurements you make yourself if necessary, but hopefully made by someone who can actually measure you, and have a fitting during the construction of the bra. It's also possible to have outdoor clothing custom made. And anyone, no matter their size, who wants clothing to fit perfectly, must have that clothing either custom made or altered. Mass produced clothing perfectly fits only one person: the fit model, in the single size that the fit model is.

Shephardess, I'm on the very tail end of Shark Week. Normally, by this point, I wouldn't be wearing my cup, but I've been getting a tiny bit of spotting, so I'm leaving it in. Because it's been so long since Shark Week started, and I have no concern about it overflowing, it's a struggle to remember that I've still got it in, in order to check and rinse it out once a day. I wasn't kidding when I said I couldn't feel it when it's in.

Toxic shock syndrome is very rare, occurs in more than just menstruating women (often after surgery), and, as long as you don't use hugely absorbent tampons, and don't leave your tampons in for a long time, your risk for TSS is miniscule. Not to say that you should, or must, use tampons, but the TSS risk is very low. There are, indeed, no known cases of TSS in people who use menstrual cups.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

Yeah it's just money is an issue...it seems so expensive to get custom bras. I can't use just one bra :-/ ill look into it though.

This is my main complaint with the bra, I figure I just need a smaller band size even though its not u-ing in the back. It's rubbing me raw... I sit down or don't keeper shoulders up and it sags sitting low in the front. I move or stand up and it pulls up in place. As a result lots if red markings across my chest. (see image in spoiler, sorry it's upsidedown) I assume that is not normal but it has been a problem for me for the past few months. I'm guessing it's related to band sizing.
Spoiler:
image.jpg

Well I'm on my way to return the two I got yesterday because it's more uncomfy than the illfitting ones I already have. Found a bra fitting place downtown in the city I live in so heading there now. They do a lot of stuff for mastectomies and such, but they have stuff for everything.

I sent an email to bravisimo, maybe they can tell me their size chart. I just worry about buying via the internet especially a different country without knowing.

...why doesn't insurance cover bras? LOL.

EDIT: Okay so the place downtown doesn't know shit. It was ridiculous. "oh that looks good!' ...no, it's not even sitting around my boob you idiot, the cup isn't big enough (or <insert whatever issue here>) And although they said they fit everyone it clearly is a mostly for people who have had mastectomies. I felt very out of place.

I'm looking on Bravisimo right now. I like what I see. I really do. Hopefully customer service gets back to me with information about their sizing. Assuming 1" cup to band differential per letter, starting with A, that would put me at their 36FF or maybe 36G. Bravisimo goes D - DD - E - EE -F -FF - G - GG unless their double letters are half sizes (at which case I need an H?)...

Return to “General”