[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Kawa

Re: Girl Thread: The first rule of PMS - Only talk about chunks

Postby Kawa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:29 pm UTC

I always thought the vagina was designed to hold a fluid (semen) in in order to ensure fertilization...
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:30 pm UTC

Which wouldn't really explain that response upon *submersion*.

...unless your sex life is a lot more interesting than mine.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:33 pm UTC

The near burn was all I was hoping for. The air pressure was just a funny thought for me.

Kiegels aside, not much will go in or out underwater, or if it does it dissipates so well into the water as to be undetectable by your eyes. Baths are dirtier than showers for that reason anyway. Properly done you should be clean before you even get in (Japanese style!). But who does things properly, anyway.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:34 pm UTC

Oh I need to shower before and after a bath...I'm a bit weird, though, and also haven't lived with a bath for years anyway.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

TiberiusM

Postby TiberiusM » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:40 pm UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Oh I need to shower before and after a bath...I'm a bit weird, though, and also haven't lived with a bath for years anyway.
If you're clean before/after, why not just replace a bath with a hottub and invite a few friends?

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:46 pm UTC

Kawa wrote:I always thought the vagina was designed to hold a fluid (semen) in in order to ensure fertilization...
OK stories about the joys of having sticky, cooled semen all over your thighs and sleeping in wet spots after sex is a whole other story but let it suffice to say WRONG. Maybe it's a control release thing, i.e. small opening means only a bit comes out at a time, (don't know, just surmising), but staying in? The embarrasing naked dash up the stairs to the toilet/shower so I don't get it all over the leather sofa says otherwise.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
Kawa wrote:I always thought the vagina was designed to hold a fluid (semen) in in order to ensure fertilization...
OK stories about the joys of having sticky, cooled semen all over your thighs and sleeping in wet spots after sex is a whole other story but let it suffice to say WRONG. Maybe it's a control release thing, i.e. small opening means only a bit comes out at a time, (don't know, just surmising), but staying in? The embarrasing naked dash up the stairs to the toilet/shower so I don't get it all over the leather sofa says otherwise.

^^; Well, it doesn't keep it *all* in, but a significant amount. Also: I think the capacity is slightly smaller than 1 load, as it were. Repeated ejaculation causes such embarrassments much more than him going just once...
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:51 pm UTC

Valid points. I'm not completely convinced but it's worth pondering (oh who am I kidding I mean Googling). I also forgot that I seem to know Kawa is a girl (aren't you?).

I do hate sleeping in the wet spot though.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:05 pm UTC

Whilst I have little at all to add to this discussion, yes Kawa is female.

But to add what little I can:

I agree Belial, there is a lot that can be explained by an aquatic background.

And, menstruation in the water, be it shower or bath, isn't that bad. There never seems to be as much blood, for the drainage and non-exit reasons mentioned previously, and it's not like you'll be caked in blood for the rest of the day. :mrgreen:
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 pm UTC

Wow, I guess I'm weird. The whole water not going in while taking a bath isn't true for me. I think maybe .5 cup comes out after I've been standing for a couple of seconds. Although, it doesn't happen every bath and the longer the bath the liklier it will happen.

jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!

Postby jynjin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:22 am UTC

CaraInFrames wrote:Oh I need to shower before and after a bath...I'm a bit weird, though, and also haven't lived with a bath for years anyway.

Ditto on the shower after a bath (too much soap residue for sensitive skin) and ditto again on not having had a bath in ages. Most bathtubs I have had have been more suited for the uber petite. I don't like a bath that seems more like I'm sitting in a child's washbasin; I like actually stretch out my knees and have them enjoy the warmth too.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:00 am UTC

We have a spa bath in our bathroom. I have only used it once, in the months that it has been there (we renovated the bathrooms) and I can honestly say that it comfortably fits two people in it.

But I am a shower girl, I rarely have baths, I don't like sitting and soaking until I am all pruny and I don't feel clean after a bath, just warm.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:12 am UTC

jmrz wrote:But I am a shower girl

I'll try it, I'll give it a whirl, and now I am a shoo-oower girl! :wink:

/madonna-sesame street reference
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:58 am UTC

bluebambue wrote:the longer the bath the likelier it will happen.

Longer baths involve more than bathing, I assume. ;)
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:12 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:

Yeah, sometimes they involve relaxing and listening to music while reading a good book. Get your mind out of the gutter.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:38 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:

Yeah, sometimes they involve relaxing and listening to music while reading a good book. Get your mind out of the gutter.
Mmm, relaxing with a good book and music in a whirlpool bath is so worth it. I don't do it often, but it's so nice when I do.
~Kat

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:41 am UTC

I've always been afriad to read in the bathtub... Book-ruining paranoia....
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:43 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:

She said more water would get in her vagina! It's a logical progression!

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 am UTC

Akira wrote:I've always been afriad to read in the bathtub... Book-ruining paranoia....

Me too... I have to have a towel on hand and won't touch my book until I know my hands are dry. But the lure of a book in the bath was enough to get me to stop worrying about dropping it.
~Kat

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:20 am UTC

I adore long baths and the fact that I don't have them often make them all the more lovely when I do - but as much as I love reading I hardly ever read in the bath. The bath is the only place I feel like I really relax and stop thinking; with the steam is all around and nothing but soft candlelight. I am able to actually clear my head, an uncommon state for me. I do rinse off in the shower after too.

I always end up falling asleep in the bath (lol at myself).

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:04 am UTC

i have a really deep bathtub and i always overdo it with the bubble bath (lavendar. mmmmmmm) so by the time i get in and sink to comfy postion the displacement puts the bubbles up around the top of my ears. i'd LOVE a spa bath but theres something about two people in a regular sized bathtub thats comfy if you get your positions right. Closer ^_^

as for baths alone, i take them when my muscles are sore, usually after nights i went sprinting up and down the strairs and doing lunges down the halls rathe than walking and talking the elevators (i'm a security guard. i get bored and fat sitting at a desk)

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:25 am UTC

Female security guard - that's cool. Don't know why. It just is. It's like "yeah world, we can protect you too! In your face.". The term "girl power" comes to mind but I don't like the term much.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:36 am UTC

heheh. thanks ^_^ there are a few of us out there, just not nearly as many as guys. From what i've seen we get the more "customer service" oriented posts. Making sure that people *feel* safe. If something actually goes wrong, by job is to call someone else. Thats fine by me. Its boring but i have lots of free time.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 am UTC

So now it is decided!
Something most of the girls of xkcdia including myself can agree upon:

Baths are nice. Mmm.

Really, those are good.

As for Femme Fatale: Security Guard Edition, I can only say: Yay! That's great! Show them who's boss. Even if they won't let you beat the bloody daylights out of criminals.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:49 am UTC

Perhaps you can develop an alter-ego who dresses up in costume (no wait there's more) and beats up the bad guys they won't let you as mild-mannered security guard.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:09 pm UTC

O_O

*busts out sewing machine and ridiculous orange cloth i've been hanging onto FOREVER*

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:42 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:O_O

*busts out sewing machine and ridiculous orange cloth i've been hanging onto FOREVER*

So your plan is to put criminals into submission by making them laugh?

;)

(don't kill me!)

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm UTC

Here in Montreal we have the Rolls-Royce plant. I know the head of security there, and she could totally kick anyone's ass. She drives a Harley and I think she knows how to fire a gun, but I never stuck around enough to find out:
She threatened to put me the the factory vat of acid (jokingly).
Lesson: Don't mess with female security guards. Especially ones with a German Shepard at home.
I *did* get a nifty Rolls-Royce t-shirt though.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:11 pm UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:

She said more water would get in her vagina! It's a logical progression!

Ya, that isn't a factor. I think my muscles just get very relaxed.

bod

Postby bod » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:52 pm UTC

Moo wrote:I adore long baths and the fact that I don't have them often make them all the more lovely when I do - but as much as I love reading I hardly ever read in the bath. The bath is the only place I feel like I really relax and stop thinking; with the steam is all around and nothing but soft candlelight. I am able to actually clear my head, an uncommon state for me.

I find that, apart from yoga, reading is the only thing that clears my head. It's the only time when instead of thinking, i get to 'listen' :-) (Not that that doesn't lead to more thinking, but it's more relaxing to think about fictiional characters in hypothetical situations than it is to try and solve real life issues...)
'Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact' - George Eliot

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:09 pm UTC

I've been extremely irritable lately, brought on partially by my crazy intollerable boss yesterday, but last night I had a dream where PMS explained everything. (The, oh, I'm bleeding suddenly so all that bitchiness was obviously PMS's fault! yay mystery solved!)

Only, no such luck. Funny side effect though, in my dream, PMS made my boobs HUGE.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm UTC

Clerria wrote:Only, no such luck. Funny side effect though, in my dream, PMS made my boobs HUGE.

I've known people whose breasts swell during PMS. Mine just hurt. :(

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm UTC

Kineticka wrote:
Clerria wrote:Only, no such luck. Funny side effect though, in my dream, PMS made my boobs HUGE.

I've known people whose breasts swell during PMS. Mine just hurt. :(

Just nature's way of saying, "Go! Have babies! If you don't, we'll hurt you!"

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:03 am UTC

Yeah, because having your boobs swollen up with milk and leakage at inopportune times, a baby who will eventually have teeth yanking on your nipple and the potential for mastitis is SO much better than some breast tenderness each month.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 am UTC

PictureSarah wrote:Yeah, because having your boobs swollen up with milk and leakage at inopportune times, a baby who will eventually have teeth yanking on your nipple and the potential for mastitis is SO much better than some breast tenderness each month.

Don't forget the chafey nipples.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:14 am UTC

Chafey nipples are the best!
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:08 am UTC

PictureSarah wrote:Yeah, because having your boobs swollen up with milk and leakage at inopportune times, a baby who will eventually have teeth yanking on your nipple and the potential for mastitis is SO much better than some breast tenderness each month.

When I'm on fire, I want to smother the fire. Whether or not the smothering device is a jar of corrosive acid is besides the point.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:

When I'm on fire, I want to smother the fire. Whether or not the smothering device is a jar of corrosive acid is besides the point.

I am giggling so badly right now...

in other news, as we have established, baths are good. I'm gonna go take one. I did need to start reading Inkheart.
~Kat

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:00 am UTC

Gaaah. I want to take a bath, now!

Anyone every study in the bath? Are there personal experiences to prove or disprove that it'd be more effective?
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:04 am UTC

Akira wrote:Gaaah. I want to take a bath, now!

Anyone every study in the bath? Are there personal experiences to prove or disprove that it'd be more effective?

I've honestly never brought a book into the bath. I haven't actually taken a bath in a long time, although all this posting about it is making me want to. I can imagine that studying while relaxed is far more effective than studying while tense, though.

Return to “General”