[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Re: Girl Thread: The first rule of PMS - Only talk about chunks

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 am UTC

Katastrophy wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:
PictureSarah wrote:Yeah, because having your boobs swollen up with milk and leakage at inopportune times, a baby who will eventually have teeth yanking on your nipple and the potential for mastitis is SO much better than some breast tenderness each month.

When I'm on fire, I want to smother the fire. Whether or not the smothering device is a jar of corrosive acid is besides the point.

I am giggling so badly right now...

I thought you might enjoy that. ;)

[edit] Gah, top of page. Um... er...

periods!

There, I said something girly on the top of the page. All is well.

Hehe, get it? Cause I said 'periods', and I just used a bunch of periods in my ellipses. I'm so clever.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Sartorius

Postby Sartorius » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:29 am UTC

I totally thought that was a Harry Potter reference at first.

The whole "all is well" part, I mean.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:
Akira wrote:Gaaah. I want to take a bath, now!

Anyone every study in the bath? Are there personal experiences to prove or disprove that it'd be more effective?

I've honestly never brought a book into the bath. I haven't actually taken a bath in a long time, although all this posting about it is making me want to. I can imagine that studying while relaxed is far more effective than studying while tense, though.

Seeing that I already have my degree, no I do not study in the bath.

I do however take books in with me to read. (I have also been known to set up a small square table next to the tub to have my computer next to me so I'm still connected...). But yeah, LOVE reading in the bath. Just keep a towel within reach in case your hands get wet. If I'm absorbed in what I'm reading, I'll stay in there for well over an hour.

I'm kinda scared to bring in my current book though. It is slightly wider than a normal book by an inch or two, very heavy/floppy, and has very thin, smooth pages that will warp slightly even if I leave my hand in the same spot for too long. I don't want to know what bath steam would do to it. (house of leaves)
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:19 am UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:MY ASS HAS FINALLY DECIDED TO EAT MY HAND!

Fix'd for HUNGERS!!!

You guys were positively slaying me as I read through those pages. Thants^1000
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:29 am UTC

Clerria wrote:I'm kinda scared to bring in my current book though. It is slightly wider than a normal book by an inch or two, very heavy/floppy, and has very thin, smooth pages that will warp slightly even if I leave my hand in the same spot for too long. I don't want to know what bath steam would do to it. (house of leaves)

You're reading House of Leaves? Don't read that in the bath. That is not a bath book. That is a book to be read in a slightly darker room, alone, with your back firmly against a wall. Trust me. A bath would just kill the entire mood of that book.

My copy has thicker pages, but I'd probably still be worried about bringing it to the book into the bath, even if it wasn't going to destroy the mood.
~Kat

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:33 am UTC

Katastrophy wrote:
Clerria wrote:I'm kinda scared to bring in my current book though. It is slightly wider than a normal book by an inch or two, very heavy/floppy, and has very thin, smooth pages that will warp slightly even if I leave my hand in the same spot for too long. I don't want to know what bath steam would do to it. (house of leaves)

You're reading House of Leaves? Don't read that in the bath. That is not a bath book. That is a book to be read in a slightly darker room, alone, with your back firmly against a wall. Trust me. A bath would just kill the entire mood of that book.

My copy has thicker pages, but I'd probably still be worried about bringing it to the book into the bath, even if it wasn't going to destroy the mood.

ha! Thanks.. yeah that is partially another reason I haven't brought it in with me. It's not really something I'd be in the mood to read in a relaxing bath. (with bubbles! always with bubbles!) I got through a lot of other fiction and philosophy in there, though. Great place to reflect and think where it's quiet, comfortable, and hardly any mental distractions except occasionally that itch on your lower back that's immersed in water but you don't want to get your hands wet, but you do anyway... ahh.
eristic wrote:

'maybe'

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:42 am UTC

Clerria wrote:
Katastrophy wrote:

ha! Thanks.. yeah that is partially another reason I haven't brought it in with me. It's not really something I'd be in the mood to read in a relaxing bath. (with bubbles! always with bubbles!) I got through a lot of other fiction and philosophy in there, though. Great place to reflect and think where it's quiet, comfortable, and hardly any mental distractions except occasionally that itch on your lower back that's immersed in water but you don't want to get your hands wet, but you do anyway... ahh.

I'm fond of fantasy, personally. I actually didn't end up reading at all this bath, though I brought the book in. I just lay there and listened to Barenaked Ladies. I turned my volume up a little too high so I figured it would just be distracting. And turning down the volume when it's in outside the room and I'm soaking wet is tough.

It was still nice, I've spent most of the last week thinking about Warhammer anyways.
~Kat

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 am UTC

Now, how to relax? I've got 30 vocabulary terms to learn over the weekend that I was never introduced to in class because I was out for a funeral. BAH.

I wish we had a bathtub in the dorms...
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

marshlight

Postby marshlight » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:11 am UTC

I wish I could join the conversation a bit more cohesively, but all I've got is a warning / fun fact: it is possible to be allergic to bubble bath, so be careful!

(Thus I have not taken a bath since my age was in single digits. Alternatively, I have become excellent at the ten minute shower!)
Belial wrote:Time to hide in the CAVE OF AWESOME.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 am UTC

that is truly a shame. You should learn how to read in the shower.
eristic wrote:

'maybe'

Akira

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 am UTC

....I am now determined to work that out without resorting to laminated books.
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:20 am UTC

I'm pretty sure they do make water-resistant literature, however, the subject matter might be a little below your level.
eristic wrote:

'maybe'

Akira

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:33 am UTC

"Cat. Dog. Yellow square. Look! A big, purple rectangle!"

...yeah....

Ketzerei

Postby Ketzerei » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:39 am UTC

Akira wrote:"Cat. Dog. Yellow square. Look! A big, purple rectangle!"

...yeah....

Sounds like God of War.
とても嬉しかったよ
君が笑い掛けてた
全てを溶かす微笑みで

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:46 am UTC

Ketzerei wrote:

...yeah....

Sounds like God of War.

Sounds like sex with my ex-girlfriends.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Akira

Postby Akira » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:51 am UTC

pollywog wrote:
Ketzerei wrote:

...yeah....

Sounds like God of War.

O_o; Eeeeh?

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:54 am UTC

pollywog wrote:
Ketzerei wrote:

...yeah....

Sounds like God of War.

All right dear. You can't possibly expect us to go without that story now.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:10 am UTC

She was easily distracted. One time, when it was just me and her, the other one was away somewhere, possibly cooking me some eggs, and I was performing cunnilingus. I was thinking about something else, and not really doing my job. I snapped back to attention, and heard she was giggling. I stopped, and looked up at her, and she said "hee hee, it's a cat." Yeah. There was a cat watching us.
i'm fucking magic

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 am UTC

pollywog wrote:One time, when it was just me and her, the other one was away somewhere, possibly cooking me some eggs

The "other one"? What do you mean? Why were they cooking you eggs?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:47 am UTC

You already know what I mean by "the other one". Cooking eggs was a joke, as it's a scene from a movie that is very famous in New Zealand. At the time, my other girlfriend was in Kaikoura, I think.
i'm fucking magic

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:53 am UTC

pollywog wrote:my other girlfriend

Bestow upon us your ways, oh great one!

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:12 am UTC

pollywog wrote:She was easily distracted. One time, when it was just me and her, the other one was away somewhere, possibly cooking me some eggs, and I was performing cunnilingus. I was thinking about something else, and not really doing my job. I snapped back to attention, and heard she was giggling. I stopped, and looked up at her, and she said "hee hee, it's a cat." Yeah. There was a cat watching us.

Gotta love short attention spans.

I've gotten used to the cat watching me and my boyfriend... For awhile he liked to jump up on the bed and lie between us whenever things started to get interesting. We started calling him the Chaperone. Now he just sleeps on the chair and watches. I'd lock him out, but I'm so whipped by the cat it's not funny, and he sounds so pathetic when he's outside the room alone.
~Kat

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:16 am UTC

Katastrophy wrote:he sounds so pathetic when he's outside the room alone.

...and when he's inside the room, he won't stop going "bow chicka wow wow".

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:22 am UTC

I've been having a problem with tampons lately. I've been using them for a couple of years now, but I stopped about 6 months ago, and now I don't seem to be able to anymore. Even those tiny little ones with the "silk-ease covers" and all that, I just don't seem to be able to get them in! I've tried relaxing and picturing myself next to a gurgling brook and other kinds of things, but my next thought is to try to maybe put a little lube on the end of it?

Any thoughts? I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with trying that, so it doesn't screw up the absorbency or anything.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:25 am UTC

eternal luna wrote:I've been having a problem with tampons lately. I've been using them for a couple of years now, but I stopped about 6 months ago, and now I don't seem to be able to anymore. Even those tiny little ones with the "silk-ease covers" and all that, I just don't seem to be able to get them in! I've tried relaxing and picturing myself next to a gurgling brook and other kinds of things, but my next thought is to try to maybe put a little lube on the end of it?

Any thoughts? I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with trying that, so it doesn't screw up the absorbency or anything.

I've never had any issues like that -- generally, the necessity for tampons generates its own lube for me. However, I don't think putting lube on the outside of the applicator should pose any issues to the tampon itself, as it's not touching any of it.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
pollywog wrote:my other girlfriend

Bestow upon us your ways, oh great one!

Pretty much blind luck, and it helps if your girlfriend is bisexual. I'm certain we have talked about this, in the onanism thread. A long time ago.

eternal luna wrote:Any thoughts? I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with trying that, so it doesn't screw up the absorbency or anything.

Yeah, lubricate the applicator. I shouldn't think that the lube will affect the absorption, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?
i'm fucking magic

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:50 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
Katastrophy wrote:he sounds so pathetic when he's outside the room alone.

...and when he's inside the room, he won't stop going "bow chicka wow wow".

Something like that. XD And then if we shut the door, it takes him all of 10 minutes to decide we're not interesting and begging to leave the room, always at the worst time.
~Kat

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 am UTC

Most of the above only serves to enforce the idea that I'm kind of glad we can't have pets. Although if the building allowed it, I'd have a cat.

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:53 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:generally, the necessity for tampons generates its own lube for me.

Yet another thing I learn (and slightly gag because of) from this thread. Yay for learning!

Knowledge is power!

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:54 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:
Kineticka wrote:generally, the necessity for tampons generates its own lube for me.

Yet another thing I learn (and slightly gag because of) from this thread. Yay for learning!

Knowledge is power!

Hehe, you knew what you were getting into, setting foot in here. I can't be held responsible.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:59 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:Most of the above only serves to enforce the idea that I'm kind of glad we can't have pets. Although if the building allowed it, I'd have a cat.
We kinda cheated around that. Initially, the landlord said no, but a friend who was moving in already owned a cat and had nowhere else to keep him. So we got to have the cat. Then the friend moved home with his parents, but the cat stayed because his parents are allergic to it.

I don't really mind the cat watching, he normally just sleeps now... What I don't like is the decision each night to either put on a shirt and sleep with the door open, or lock the cat out and listen to it all night and morning.
~Kat

libellule

Postby libellule » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:00 am UTC

Clerria wrote:I do however take books in with me to read. (I have also been known to set up a small square table next to the tub to have my computer next to me so I'm still connected...). But yeah, LOVE reading in the bath. Just keep a towel within reach in case your hands get wet. If I'm absorbed in what I'm reading, I'll stay in there for well over an hour.

Little square table here too. Plus a glass of wine and The New Yorker, chamber music in the background.... a little slice of girly heaven.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:03 am UTC

Katastrophy wrote:
Kineticka wrote:Most of the above only serves to enforce the idea that I'm kind of glad we can't have pets. Although if the building allowed it, I'd have a cat.
We kinda cheated around that. Initially, the landlord said no, but a friend who was moving in already owned a cat and had nowhere else to keep him. So we got to have the cat. Then the friend moved home with his parents, but the cat stayed because his parents are allergic to it.

I don't really mind the cat watching, he normally just sleeps now... What I don't like is the decision each night to either put on a shirt and sleep with the door open, or lock the cat out and listen to it all night and morning.

A friend of mine has the most ideal cat, ever. She's loving enough that she'll come up and demand attention for a little while, and she's friendly and trusting enough to literally climb on your shoulders for a nap, but she's rarely around when you don't particularly want to be bothered. I don't know how, I don't know why, all I know is that this cat is awesome.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:
Katastrophy wrote:

A friend of mine has the most ideal cat, ever. She's loving enough that she'll come up and demand attention for a little while, and she's friendly and trusting enough to literally climb on your shoulders for a nap, but she's rarely around when you don't particularly want to be bothered. I don't know how, I don't know why, all I know is that this cat is awesome.

Nice. Sounds like the cat is more empathetic than most humans.

Our cat is just talkative. He likes to be pet, but prefers to just be around people, and likes to meow. Alot. Which is annoying, but other than his habit of sitting just out of petting reach, not that bad.
~Kat

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:16 am UTC

My house has a bathtub that's right next to a fire place, and in view of a t.v. the downside is it's in my parents bedroom-bathroom.
I've had ice cream in the bath tub on days when no one else was home tho'.
Spending the day in the tub is a pretty awesome day off.

goin' back further than I should,
Katastrophy wrote:I had an interesting conversation with my boyfriend last night, trying to describe the differences in male and female bodies. Like, what it actually feels like to have a vagina and boobs and mood swings based on the cycle of the moon. I don't think he quite grasped it all. I described a vagina as similar to an ear (comparatively, he described a penis like a foot you couldn't control). It's an opening you never really think about because you don't normally have a reason to. Sometimes, it leaks.

Boobs are really hard to describe though. I never really think about them that often, but he pointed out that they have their own article of clothing and alot of women can't go without a bra. Really odd trying to describe bouncing boobs to a guy... Mood swings too.

And then just to spite me, Shark Week snuck up on me and I woke up covered in blood. There goes my "It's not really a big deal and you don't really notice it" explanation. Perfectly valid for most of Shark Week, but there's a few occassions when I really hate it.

An ear? That seems kind of strange to me. My ears are dry most of the time, sometimes waxy, and more like normal skin than most other orifices. I've also never ruined an article of clothing with gunk from my ears. I mean, my vagina isn't usually sopping wet, but I don't think it's ever dry like outside skin. (it's possible I just think about sex a lot)
Sensation wise, I've always thought the vagina felt a lot like the back of the throat, pretty sensitive but kind of vague, I can squeeze and sort of push with it(is that weird?), and it hurts to put something too big or sharp in it, but there's no gag reflex. Sometimes pushing in a tampon feels a lot like trying to swallow a big pill, only in the wrong place.
Except for cramps, it doesn't feel like much to be bleeding, except for worrying that it's soaking through everything, which probably isn't different than leaking from any other orifice when you don't want to.
Not sure how to explain having breasts. Are girls' nipples any more sensitive than guys'?
If you let your hand go limp, and shake it out, I guess that's kind of similar to boob jiggling.
Mood swings don't seem that hard to explain tho', it's like when you get really hungry without noticing, and just want to hit someone, or curl up and cry for no good reason.
Or it's kind of like someone walking up, punching you in the stomach and then leaving so you can't do anything about it. Am I wrong, or is there a general feeling of injustice to it?

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:31 am UTC

I think you tend to be more conscious of your throat, since it's connected to your mouth and you have alot more control over it. The leaking bit is a bit of a stretch with your ear though, I kinda described it like when you have water in your ear and then it pops.

I found the mood swings really hard to describe, normally because I don't recognize why I'm acting a particular way until awhile afterwards. And my boyfriend is so even tempered all the time that trying to describe them was just weird. The only exceptionally notable changes in his attitude are when he has an obvious reason for it, like over his parents visiting or when he's had too much caffiene. In those cases, he knows why his mood has changed, and it's not over some moon cycle.
~Kat

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:47 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:Are girls' nipples any more sensitive than guys'?

My personal experience says yes. I'd have to be really trying to get pleasure out of it to get anything from my own nipples, whereas (in my experience), nipples are extremely fun for girls. Then again, I did have an uber-sensitive (in a good way) ex-girlfriend, so that may be the difference.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 am UTC

This question has plagued me for... 3 years...

Girls: Does it hurt to get hit in the breasts and is it the same pain that is equivelant to getting kicked in the balls?
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 am UTC

The pain is less.
i'm fucking magic

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:03 am UTC

Katastrophy wrote:I think you tend to be more conscious of your throat, since it's connected to your mouth and you have alot more control over it.

maybe you need more practice? I kid,
they aren't exactly the same, but I think they're more similar to eachother than they are to ears... How much control do you have over your throat? The throat does get more use, but they are both tubes of muscle...

My nipples don't usually seem that sensitive, except for when I'm aroused. whole breast area really.
It can sting pretty bad for a while to take a hit there, but it's not unbearable agony. "oh dang, that hurts" but not curling up on the floor crying in pain.

Return to “General”