[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Re: Girl Thread: The first rule of PMS - Only talk about chunks

Postby Twasbrillig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:07 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:It can sting pretty bad for a while to take a hit there, but it's not unbearable agony. "oh dang, that hurts" but not curling up on the floor crying in pain.

So like 1/1,000,000 as painful as a nutshot. :?

[edit] Goddamnit, top of page.

Boobies!

Satisfied?
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:06 pm UTC

I think I may have orgasmed in my sleep last night. In a very undramatic kinda way.

Please tell me someone can relate.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:11 pm UTC

Moo wrote:I think I may have orgasmed in my sleep last night. In a very undramatic kinda way.

There are millions of teenage boys who can.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 pm UTC

Hit3k wrote:This question has plagued me for... 3 years...

Girls: Does it hurt to get hit in the breasts and is it the same pain that is equivelant to getting kicked in the balls?

I definitely don't think it hurts as much, but getting shot in the boob with a paintball is still pretty painful. Beyond that, I don't know -- people don't go around punching me in the breast, nor do I often walk breast-first into solid objects at a good velocity. If it's just bumping into something, all they do really is make me bounce off a little.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:
Moo wrote:I think I may have orgasmed in my sleep last night. In a very undramatic kinda way.

Humour noted (and lightly lol'd at) but not being a boy, this does not really answer my question.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:20 pm UTC

The Spherical Cow wrote:

Harsh call. Fair, but harsh. :P
Kineticka wrote:If it's just bumping into something, all they do really is make me bounce off a little.

The mental imagery that went along with that sentence kept me laughing for a while.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 pm UTC

I have to say, I read the above quote box as "The Spherical Cow Says: Moo." Made me giggle.

And unfortunately, I can't relate. :( Bonus points to you for an effortless orgasm, though.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:24 pm UTC

It wasn't really particularly good, tbh.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:24 pm UTC

Hawknc wrote:
Kineticka wrote:If it's just bumping into something, all they do really is make me bounce off a little.

The mental imagery that went along with that sentence kept me laughing for a while.

It's funnier to watch in person. >_<

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:28 pm UTC

Wikipedia says you're not alone, Moo.

"Regarding women, Kinsey found in 1953 that nearly 40 percent of the 5,628 women he interviewed experienced at least one nocturnal orgasm (orgasm during sleep), or "wet dream," by the time they were forty-five years old. A smaller study published in the Journal of Sex Research in 1986 found that 85 percent of the women who had experienced nocturnal orgasms had done so by the age of twenty-one, some even before they turned thirteen. In addition, women who have orgasms during sleep usually have them several times a year. Dr. Kinsey and his colleagues defined female nocturnal orgasm as sexual arousal during sleep that awakens one to perceive the experience of orgasm. It may be easier for men to identify their wet dreams because of the semen. Vaginal secretions could be a sign of sexual arousal without orgasm."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_emission

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 pm UTC

Kineticka wrote:
Hit3k wrote:This question has plagued me for... 3 years...

Girls: Does it hurt to get hit in the breasts and is it the same pain that is equivelant to getting kicked in the balls?

I definitely don't think it hurts as much, but getting shot in the boob with a paintball is still pretty painful. Beyond that, I don't know -- people don't go around punching me in the breast, nor do I often walk breast-first into solid objects at a good velocity. If it's just bumping into something, all they do really is make me bounce off a little.

Too much conversation between to justify an edit of a post, but as an addendum...

Even though they may not hurt in everyday occasion, we have to deal with mammograms.

Ow.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm UTC

Thank you, spherical fellow bovine. I don't recall a saucy dream but I guess that must have been the cause.

Oh well, like Kineticka (who is also delightfully cow-centric!) said, I won't look a free climax in the mouth.

Getting hurt in the boobies is a long-lasting dullish pain, like knocking your knee on a blunt bit of coffee table really hard. In my experience.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:12 pm UTC

Moo wrote:Getting hurt in the boobies is a long-lasting dullish pain, like knocking your knee on a blunt bit of coffee table really hard. In my experience.

Yeah, 's like stubbing your toe, a bit. Definetly not as bad as getting kicked in the nuts, if the expressions on guys' faces I've seen are any indication...

pollywog wrote:
Ketzerei wrote:
Akira wrote:"Cat. Dog. Yellow square. Look! A big, purple rectangle!"
...yeah....

Sounds like God of War.

Sounds like sex with my ex-girlfriends.

I giggled. Also, this should be sigged.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!

Postby jynjin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:13 pm UTC

Moo wrote:Thank you, spherical fellow bovine. I don't recall a saucy dream but I guess that must have been the cause.

Oh well, like Kineticka (who is also delightfully cow-centric!) said, I won't look a free climax in the mouth.

Getting hurt in the boobies is a long-lasting dullish pain, like knocking your knee on a blunt bit of coffee table really hard. In my experience.

You aren't completely alone there. It's happened before to me, was not that eventful, but simply noted with a "huh? okey dokey."

As to getting hit in the boobs, if it isn't a direct hit to the nipples, then it isn't unbearable. However, a shot to the nipple smarts something sharp. Maybe it depends on how sensitive your boobs are to begin with.

Katastrophy

Postby Katastrophy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:58 pm UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:
Katastrophy wrote:I think you tend to be more conscious of your throat, since it's connected to your mouth and you have alot more control over it.

maybe you need more practice? I kid,
they aren't exactly the same, but I think they're more similar to eachother than they are to ears... How much control do you have over your throat? The throat does get more use, but they are both tubes of muscle...

My nipples don't usually seem that sensitive, except for when I'm aroused. whole breast area really.
It can sting pretty bad for a while to take a hit there, but it's not unbearable agony. "oh dang, that hurts" but not curling up on the floor crying in pain.

I have a decent amount of control over my throat, I'd think. I can pretty much seal the whole thing, I've had some success with contracting it to bring things back up, and generally I can feel the whole of it move when I do so. Much more control than I do over my vagina. The other matter is, how aware are you that you have a throat, compared to how aware of you are of your vagina? Because I don't think about having a vagina as often as a throat. Maybe it's just because I had a really sore throat last week, I dunno.
~Kat

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm UTC

Haha, three cow avatars posted in a row...

On sleep orgasms: I've never had one, and don't know anyone who has (most of my friends are teenage boys, and we're reasonably open about sex-related issues).

On boob pain: I really can't comment on the sensation, as I can't really say I have boobs (well I can, but that'd be lying). However, male groinal hits are quite crippling - I feel sharp stab of pain, then persistently strong aches for about a minute. Not fun.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 pm UTC

Can you compare it to pain we're all likely to have experienced (for greater scientific understanding)?

PS
Cheese wrote:Haha, three cow avatars posted in a row...
Cowthulhu wins though :)

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 pm UTC

Umm... the feeling in your stomach as you go over a hill, although a little stronger at the impact, and prolonged. That's probably as close as I can get to describing it.
Spoiler:

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:21 pm UTC

Moo wrote:Can you compare it to pain we're all likely to have experienced (for greater scientific understanding)?

PS
Cheese wrote:Haha, three cow avatars posted in a row...
Cowthulhu wins though :)

Aw! I feel all warm and fluffy inside <3

That or I've swallowed a squirrel. o_o

jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!

Postby jynjin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:22 pm UTC

So, getting hit in the balls is equal to a prolonged displacement in the tummy? Like a rollercoaster? Am I the only one that that enjoys that sensation?

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:25 pm UTC

jynjin wrote:So, getting hit in the balls is equal to a prolonged displacement in the tummy? Like a rollercoaster? Am I the only one that that enjoys that sensation?
Note the 'but worse'. I sometimes enjoy the rollercoaster sensation, but will never, ever want to be smacked in the groin.
Spoiler:

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:26 pm UTC

jynjin wrote:So, getting hit in the balls is equal to a prolonged displacement in the tummy? Like a rollercoaster? Am I the only one that that enjoys that sensation?

Definitely not alone, I love the feeling. I also want to make a chess photo, but I haven't had the chance in a while.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 pm UTC

Getting hit in the boobs isn't fun, but it doesn't leave someone on the floor writhing in pain. I've heard people comparing really bad cramps as being the same sort of feeling as being hit in the balls, though.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Getting hit in the boobs isn't fun, but it doesn't leave someone on the floor writhing in pain. I've heard people comparing really bad cramps as being the same sort of feeling as being hit in the balls, though.

I'm surprised I didn't draw this parallel earlier. Yes, certain degrees of menstrual cramping could definitely equate to getting nailed in the junk judging from descriptions. And they last for days sometimes.

Trina

Postby Trina » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:00 pm UTC

Re: baths

baths are great for easing cramps, if they're particularly bad. otherwise, i really can't stand baths. i'll take one if i've had a particularly crappy day, but i can't stay in longer than 20 minutes. i try to read and relax but after 20 minutes, i've had enough and want to curl up in my bed.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:05 pm UTC

Re: nutshots-- particularly good(bad) hits to the balls can easily cause you to not be able to breath for several seconds. This while writhing in pain on the floor. I've (obviously) never had menstrual cramps, so I'm not sure how they compare.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

I don't think the average cramp compares but I think some women suffer from very severe cramps. If you think leg-cramps in their worst stage can compare with getting kicked in the nuts (asking) then I think some women probably know the pain. Not me, thankfully, but I've seen girlfriends literally writhing too.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:54 pm UTC

The leg cramps is probably one of the closest descriptions of being hit in the balls, but I've never struggled to take breath with cramps. Not the perfect comparison, as cramp's sharp and stabbing, and groinal hits tend to be duller (although still dead sore). Try a mix of cramps and the rollercoaster effect, although I'm still not sure.
Spoiler:

atxshannon

Postby atxshannon » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:08 pm UTC

asshole wrote:Oh me yarm you're all girls on the internet! Nudez plz!
Orson Welles wrote:I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:14 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Getting hit in the boobs isn't fun, but it doesn't leave someone on the floor writhing in pain. I've heard people comparing really bad cramps as being the same sort of feeling as being hit in the balls, though.

Like others have said, probably the best comparison is really bad menstrual cramps. The quality is similar to other cramps, but only menstrual cramps would be in the same general area of the body as nutshot pain, so only they could compare to the full extent of it.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:23 pm UTC

Boobs will sometimes hurt with very little pressure for no explicable reason. Sometimes it's just from caffeine, or wearing a bra. Or when my kidneys are stressed.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:28 pm UTC

imagine getting punched in the ovaries. it's our inner balls! But we have more protection! I doubt many experiments have been done to see if the same nausea effect would happen if your ovaries were injured. I don't think that's a scientific study that would get much funding.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Hi, we're doing a little research into the effects of punching your ovaries. This may damage them, so we're not getting insurance or anything, it'd cost a packet!
Yes, you will get paid, but only if we get some kind of results apart from 'it hurts'.
No, you're not allowed to punch us back.
Really, you're not allowed to punch us back.
Look, if you want to punch us back that much, just leave, please.
::punches 'participant' in the ovaries (or at least somewhere external close to them)::
::gets slapped, after 'participant' says "oww"::
::gets sued::
???
Profit!

Oh, and have (m)any female xkcdians given birth? What could that pain compare to? [/nosy]
Spoiler:

marshlight

Postby marshlight » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:32 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:Oh, and have (m)any female xkcdians given birth? What could that pain compare to? [/nosy]

That's actually something I'm super curious about...considering that I do plan on having children eventually, it's sort of important to know I suppose. For my Art of Medicine class freshman year I read a few stories about Amish midwives and how their work compares to that of a hospital nurse. That was really interesting, because there was the consensus that Amish women have fewer birth complications because they're healthier and in their own home, germ potential be damned. That would be something I'd definitely look into if I was actually expecting.

But considering that women are pushing a small child out of a canal that is normally significantly smaller, and that all post-birth pictures I've ever seen have tired and sweaty written all over the mother's face, I imagine it hurts a LOT.
Belial wrote:Time to hide in the CAVE OF AWESOME.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:38 pm UTC

This is how I would explain it. Imagine somebody punching you really hard, giant bruise hard. Take the pain from the moment of impact and draw it out as long as you can. This pain feels like it is coming from the inside.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Verator

Postby Verator » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:57 pm UTC

Well, birth would be like you squeezing a cantaloupe sized melon or similar out your anus or really any similarly sized orifice the object being big enough so that it could tear your skin and tissue.

-Is very glad he'll never give birth, not that he would even if he was a girl anyways.-

Also, getting hit in the balls: Probably about the same as a really, really bad leg cramp, where the pain stays for about a minute severely, then is a gradually lessening ache for the next 5-20 minutes. Your whole pelvic area hurts, and walking causes tiny flares of pain.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Giving Birth

Postby Seven » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:26 am UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:This is how I would explain it. Imagine somebody punching you really hard, giant bruise hard. Take the pain from the moment of impact and draw it out as long as you can. This pain feels like it is coming from the inside.
I concur.

My analogy is similar. I say: do a leg-stretch (the kind you do before running) only... push it till it hurts... then push it till it REALLY hurts and hold that position for three minutes, because there IS NO RELIEF!

(I gave birth once, with no anesthetic. The pain is intense but was not frightening for me because I knew the nature of it and that it was constructive. Plus I was doing Lamaze breathing.)

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:43 am UTC

Clerria wrote:imagine getting punched in the ovaries. it's our inner balls! But we have more protection! I doubt many experiments have been done to see if the same nausea effect would happen if your ovaries were injured. I don't think that's a scientific study that would get much funding.

[obligatory]

[/obligatory]
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Re: Giving Birth

Postby KicktheCAN » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 am UTC

Seven wrote:
KicktheCAN wrote:This is how I would explain it. Imagine somebody punching you really hard, giant bruise hard. Take the pain from the moment of impact and draw it out as long as you can. This pain feels like it is coming from the inside.
I concur.

My analogy is similar. I say: do a leg-stretch (the kind you do before running) only... push it till it hurts... then push it till it REALLY hurts and hold that position for three minutes, because there IS NO RELIEF!

(I gave birth once, with no anesthetic. The pain is intense but was not frightening for me because I knew the nature of it and that it was constructive. Plus I was doing Lamaze breathing.)

I was talking about getting kicked in the balls but whatever.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:35 am UTC

There you have it: Ball-kick = Birth on the pain scale. Now you know.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Return to “General”