[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Re: Giving Birth

Postby Seven » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:40 am UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:I was talking about getting kicked in the balls but whatever.
Oookay... your description directly followed a post about childbirth and you didn't quote anyone.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Re: Giving Birth

Postby KicktheCAN » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:58 am UTC

Seven wrote:
KicktheCAN wrote:I was talking about getting kicked in the balls but whatever.
Oookay... your description directly followed a post about childbirth and you didn't quote anyone.

We were discussing both getting kicked in the balls and childbirth and since I am a guy I felt it was implied.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Kineticka

Re: Girl Thread: The first rule of PMS - Only talk about chunks

Postby Kineticka » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:36 am UTC

Getting a bit personal here, but I've come to truly appreciate how understanding the lot of you are (and you have my eternal gratitude for that):

Spoiler:
Lately, inexplicably, I've been getting almost paranoid about cunnilingus. Even though I know full well that I'm clean there and such, I can't help but think that it's not enough. This has been affecting how well I relax during the act, which needless to say affects how much I enjoy it. And I've been getting no cues from my fiance that anything is the matter, I know it's all in my head, but I just can't seem to shake it.

This feeling also only applies to it being performed on me. I've performed oral sex on women, and I actually quite enjoy it, so there's no issue with the act itself, just with me. I don't understand it. It's entirely irrational. My mind usually behaves and doesn't toy with me like this. May be a stretch, but...anyone able to relate, and if so, how the hell did you best it?

Edited to spoiler. :oops:

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:26 am UTC

Kineticka wrote:Getting a bit personal here, but I've come to truly appreciate how understanding the lot of you are (and you have my eternal gratitude for that):

Spoiler:
Lately, inexplicably, I've been getting almost paranoid about cunnilingus. Even though I know full well that I'm clean there and such, I can't help but think that it's not enough. This has been affecting how well I relax during the act, which needless to say affects how much I enjoy it. And I've been getting no cues from my fiance that anything is the matter, I know it's all in my head, but I just can't seem to shake it.

This feeling also only applies to it being performed on me. I've performed oral sex on women, and I actually quite enjoy it, so there's no issue with the act itself, just with me. I don't understand it. It's entirely irrational. My mind usually behaves and doesn't toy with me like this. May be a stretch, but...anyone able to relate, and if so, how the hell did you best it?

Edited to spoiler. :oops:

Think of the funniest thing you could possibly think of the next time you're getting it. You'll laugh, he'll be like "wtf?!", and you'll relax.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:08 am UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:There you have it: Ball-kick = Birth on the pain scale. Now you know.
Kay, no.

Twasbrillig wrote:Think of the funniest thing you could possibly think of the next time you're getting it. You'll laugh, he'll be like "wtf?!", and you'll relax.
Kay, no.

Kineticka wrote:Getting a bit personal here, but I've come to truly appreciate how understanding the lot of you are (and you have my eternal gratitude for that):

Spoiler:
stuff
Can you talk it out with Fiance? Making sure he knows it's not him or his technique, it will probably be good for you to be assured by him that nothing's wrong down there, and that way you can be honest with him when you are not comfortable and he can move on to doing something else you will enjoy. Maybe talking about it will make you understand it better?
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

bod

Postby bod » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:06 pm UTC

Clerria wrote:
Seeing that I already have my degree, no I do not study in the bath.

You think that once you have your degree, the studying ends? A wise person once said you only really start learning once you realize you know nothing.
'Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact' - George Eliot

bod

Postby bod » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:12 pm UTC

eternal luna wrote:Any thoughts? I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with trying that, so it doesn't screw up the absorbency or anything.

Yeah, lubricate the applicator. I shouldn't think that the lube will affect the absorption, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

Not all tampons have applicators, don't forget! My doc actually recommended vaseline. I would think water-based lube (which most of them are, in order not to damage condoms) might get absorbed a bit, but vaseline certainly won't - and you only need a weeny tad. :-) However, if you're having trouble using a tampon because you're too dry, you might want to change to a pad at that point. Or a lower absorbency tampon. Otherwise pieces might get left behind when you remove it.
'Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact' - George Eliot

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:40 pm UTC

Moo wrote:

Spoiler:
stuff
Can you talk it out with Fiance? Making sure he knows it's not him or his technique, it will probably be good for you to be assured by him that nothing's wrong down there, and that way you can be honest with him when you are not comfortable and he can move on to doing something else you will enjoy. Maybe talking about it will make you understand it better?

We've definitely talked about it, and it's helped a bit, but my brain isn't acting the way it normally would upon rationalization and discussion. I guess it may be something I just have to wait to pass?

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:46 pm UTC

It doesn't actually seem very clever but I must admit, wait-and-see was my first instinctive thought too.

Do you think it will help to wash just before? Also, less hair has a great effect on feeling clean. I get the lot waxed and I know that isn't for everyone but it feels great and very clean. Do you think this could make you feel better?

I know all that advice is regarding the physical, and that's not your problem - but the psychological bit is up to you. Not to solve, but to figure out. We can't really give you advice when we don't know what's wrong. All I can offer on that front is a hug, I'm afraid.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:18 pm UTC

Moo wrote:It doesn't actually seem very clever but I must admit, wait-and-see was my first instinctive thought too.

Do you think it will help to wash just before? Also, less hair has a great effect on feeling clean. I get the lot waxed and I know that isn't for everyone but it feels great and very clean. Do you think this could make you feel better?

I know all that advice is regarding the physical, and that's not your problem - but the psychological bit is up to you. Not to solve, but to figure out. We can't really give you advice when we don't know what's wrong. All I can offer on that front is a hug, I'm afraid.

I do both :) And thank you hon. I really appreciate the help. Getting it out in the open was actually a lot more therapeutic than I expected it to be, and I think I would have felt the effects of it even if there were no responses at all.

To be honest, I typed it out, posted it, and immediately turned off my computer and went to bed so I wouldn't be tempted to delete the post out of embarrassment.

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:07 pm UTC

Good for you for not deleting it. Good luck.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:37 pm UTC

Kineticka wrote:To be honest, I typed it out, posted it, and immediately turned off my computer and went to bed so I wouldn't be tempted to delete the post out of embarrassment.

Have you read this thread? It is for discussing all manner of things that we wouldn't necessarily discuss in "polite company," and there is no such thing as too much information. You have nothing to be embarrassed about!
Last edited by PictureSarah on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:38 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:
Kineticka wrote:
Moo wrote:To be honest, I typed it out, posted it, and immediately turned off my computer and went to bed so I wouldn't be tempted to delete the post out of embarrassment.

Have you read this forum? It is for discussing all manner of things that we wouldn't necessarily discuss in "polite company," and there is no such thing as too much information. You have nothing to be embarrassed about!

Fix'd!

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.

Chrome

Postby Chrome » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

Hello all! First post after intro!

Moo:

Try it inside the shower with water running down you body from the boobs. Be sure to one hand on the wall to steady yourself so you won't fall when you come. Also, I've never waxed but I've found that lasering the hair off makes me feel cleaner than shaving.

Re: Pain

I've never given birth, but I've had my eggs taken out from my ovaries three times - I mean by doctors, not kinky stuff - and the pain was like mensual cramps x1000. My mom told me later that giving birth was like that. If feels like having very hot stones instead of ovaries burning me from the inside, it's a dull and persistent pain. But I have a very high pain threshold, so I can't really say it's so bad.

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:39 pm UTC

Chrome wrote:Moo:

Try it inside the shower with water running down you body from the boobs. Be sure to one hand on the wall to steady yourself so you won't fall when you come. Also, I've never waxed but I've found that lasering the hair off makes me feel cleaner than shaving.
First, hello and welcome. Welcome to the fora and the thread.

Secondly, thank you very much for your spirit of helpful advice.

Thirdly, I'm not quite sure what's going on. There was some quote-tag misuse earlier, making it seem like I said stuff I hadn't. I haven't reported any personal problems for a while, and not anything that would be solved by shower fun but the thought is appreciated!

What problem was that advice for? Someone else on here may find it interesting and helpful without even having to post their question :)

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:44 pm UTC

Oops, fix'd. Accidentally quoted you instead of Kinecticka, who I believe Chrome's answer as geared towards as well?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:15 am UTC

Perhaps this my own delusion, but it sounds like a self-image problem. A lot of women have a fear/feeling that their intimate bits are unclean. There really doesn't seem to be much to do about it except realize they're quite clean. At the risk of sounding off the wall, or too late, try tasting your own fluids.

I was afraid of blood until I vampirically licked a cut, and realized the stuff wasn't that bad. I overcame feelings about my intimate bits in a different manner, but I suspect the principle is the same.

[/Kooky Advice Mode]
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:13 am UTC

nutty.

actually, it's more of a bland salty taste. [/double entendre]
seems like reasonable advice.

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:15 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:nutty.

actually, it's more of a bland salty taste. [/double entendre]
seems like reasonable advice.

Guys or girls? and the stereotype of guys being salty I find for myself to not be true, it's slightly sweet, mostly bland.
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:20 am UTC

[flashback] When Joey from Friends drinks breast milk: "It tastes like cantaloupe actually..." [/flashback]
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:34 am UTC

Verator wrote:Guys or girls? and the stereotype of guys being salty I find for myself to not be true, it's slightly sweet, mostly bland.

well, the comment I was responding to was on "tasting your own", and I can't say as I've had an oppurtunity to taste anyone else's...
I've heard it can change because of your diet. Maybe I ought to lower my salt intake...

Verator

Postby Verator » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:35 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:
Verator wrote:Guys or girls? and the stereotype of guys being salty I find for myself to not be true, it's slightly sweet, mostly bland.

well, the comment I was responding to was on "tasting your own", and I can't say as I've had an opportunity to taste anyone else's...
I've heard it can change because of your diet. Maybe I ought to lower my salt intake...

I meant which was salty, I can't say I actually know your gender so I said Guys or Girls?
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Clerria

Postby Clerria » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:37 am UTC

I don't know if I'm pmsing or what, but I'm having a very repressed hysterical anxiety attack : P I've been irritable and pessimistic for a week, and at first I blamed it on pms, but it turns out I've just been incredibly disenchanted. But now I'm just crossing my fingers that I can blame whatever I'm feeling now on hormones and not insanity. Though I'm sure the two are closely related.
eristic wrote:
Clerria wrote:Do you speak Greek? ;)

'maybe'

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:45 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I've heard it can change because of your diet. Maybe I ought to lower my salt intake...

It can. Girls, if your sexual partner is a vampire, don't eat garlic. Guys, if your sexual partner is easily pleased by surprises, eat lots of blueberries, raspberries, licorice and lime drink, and give her a rainbow surprise!

That actually won't work. But sexual fluid taste can be changed for the better by eating fresh fruit. Try it. They'll thank you for it.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:52 am UTC

pollywog wrote:
cephalopod9 wrote:I've heard it can change because of your diet. Maybe I ought to lower my salt intake...

It can. Girls, if your sexual partner is a vampire, don't eat garlic. Guys, if your sexual partner is easily pleased by surprises, eat lots of blueberries, raspberries, licorice and lime drink, and give her a rainbow surprise!

That actually won't work. But sexual fluid taste can be changed for the better by eating fresh fruit. Try it. They'll thank you for it.

This topic has been beaten to death in this thread already.

[/topic nazi]

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:01 am UTC

Sorry Topic Nazi, but you only get to do that if you supply a new topic.

[/the show must go on Nazi]

So, in that case, I've also heard that vegetables are awful for your taste.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:53 am UTC

girl week is mere days away!!! prepare for the world to end everyday, sometimes a few times a day. *gets out blankie and hot cocoa*

feh.

*curls up and seethes hatred and general annoyance*

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 am UTC

*curls up accross from parkaboy* Hey can I have some of that cocoa? I am in such a foul mood today. Period is due tomorrow.

*represses urge to describe mood using several expletives*

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 pm UTC

sure thing. i've got tons *passes some along* tomorrow looks about right for me too actually.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:23 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:I do believe it was more of a "does anyone object to this union of awesome and sauce?"
So, am I the awesome, or the sauce? (yo baby ain't sweet like mine). Which reminds me, said sister's name is Pasta, and when I was a little'n I took swim lessons from a friend of hers (she was on the swim team) and he decided that since I'm Pasta's sister, and my initials are S.S., I should be Spaghetti Sauce. Plus, I mean, I gat sauce...(horrifying thought...) which leads me to a question created by X-Strike Studios Rory O'Boyle, "If your...sauce...could taste like anything, what would you want it to taste like?"
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:04 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:"If your...sauce...could taste like anything, what would you want it to taste like?"

Mangoes. No doubt about it.

Or kiwis!

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 pm UTC

which leads me to a question created by X-Strike Studios Rory O'Boyle, "If your...sauce...could taste like anything, what would you want it to taste like?"

I saw them this weekend. They're funny.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:17 pm UTC

What would be best if the sauce tasted like whatever you wanted it to taste like. Like an on-tap bar or something.

That said, I'd go for something chocolately any day.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:56 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:girl week is mere days away!!! prepare for the world to end everyday, sometimes a few times a day. *gets out blankie and hot cocoa*

feh.

*curls up and seethes hatred and general annoyance*

Hrmm, girl week? Wikipedia has failed me. What exactly is girl week, and where can I rent a bomb shelter in preparation? :mrgreen:

Moo

Postby Moo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:27 am UTC

Xeio, have you read any of this thread? It is where we discuss things like menstruation. Does "girl week" make sense now?

marshlight

Postby marshlight » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 pm UTC

Speaking of girl week: ring users, it is two days after I've finished my first cycle. When does da blood come? Because me + period start + Black Friday = NO GOOD. I need to be in tiptop shape for that.
Belial wrote:Time to hide in the CAVE OF AWESOME.

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:19 pm UTC

Last month when I took out my ring I think the blood came on Monday night and was in full force by Tuesday night. I'm sure it will come soon. But if yours was anything like mine, Black Friday will be brutal.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
which leads me to a question created by X-Strike Studios Rory O'Boyle, "If your...sauce...could taste like anything, what would you want it to taste like?"

I saw them this weekend. They're funny.

Next time you do, say hi for me. Was there convention this weekend or some such?
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

marshlight

Postby marshlight » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:39 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:Last month when I took out my ring I think the blood came on Monday night and was in full force by Tuesday night. I'm sure it will come soon. But if yours was anything like mine, Black Friday will be brutal.

Turns out all I needed was a few hours' patience...pah. Hasn't been too gut-wrenching yet but I have bananas and tea and advil standing by. I'm glad I had heard that yours was pretty brutal (not that I'm glad that it was, of course) ... usually I have relatively amiable periods so I wouldn't have been prepared. Of course that still might be the case, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Otherwise, I have one class and half a lab writeup between me and thanksgiving break, wooo!
Belial wrote:Time to hide in the CAVE OF AWESOME.

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:42 pm UTC

Bear in mind that my last girlweek (and first one with the ring) was compounded by also having impacted wisdom teeth and subsequent removal of said teeth...so I was just in general not a happy camper. The cramps were pretty bad, worse than I was expecting for sure. When I was on the pill I did not have those sorts of cramps. However, this last period on the ring was about the same as I remember my periods being in high school before I'd ever had any kind of hormonal birth control...so I think maybe that's just how my body does periods, and the ring is just messing with them less than other methods.

Return to “General”