[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Re: Woman thread - Is it as good for you as it is for me?

Postby Ren » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:33 pm UTC

Dammit, I thought birth control was supposed to cut *down* on cramps and acne during girlweek! Fuck this shit.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

koneko

Postby koneko » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

Generally it does, but ever since I broke up with my ex and moved twice in three months I've been getting two periods per month. The stress threw my system waaay out of whack, so now I'm off pills entirely until I can get back into a natural cycle. It sucks ass, but nowhere near as bad as two periods.
ImageImage

diotimajsh

Postby diotimajsh » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

koneko wrote:Generally it does, but ever since I broke up with my ex and moved twice in three months I've been getting two periods per month. The stress threw my system waaay out of whack, so now I'm off pills entirely until I can get back into a natural cycle. It sucks ass, but nowhere near as bad as two periods.

o_O Great jumpin' Jiminy Crickets, that sounds horrible. My sincere condolences.
Osha wrote:Foolish Patriarchy! Your feeble attempts at social pressure have no effect on my invincible awesomeness! Bwahahahaa

Blog type thing

fuschia

Postby fuschia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:24 pm UTC

My irrational/tearful/bitchy PMT time seems to be growing from a couple of days before, to encompass the whole of girlweek and a few days beyond. I almost begin to wonder whether I'm just depressed...damn (artificial) hormones. Poisoning the little fishes and making me sad.

koneko

Postby koneko » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 pm UTC

yes, bi-monthly bleeding and no sex makes jane a homicidal girl.
ImageImage

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:53 am UTC

sorry to interrupt the painful waxing and bleeding segment of the girl thread but here's what happened on my shopping excursion: the damn store was closed, SO i went to a Sears stand-alone that i'd never been in. It was as if the gods of shopping guided me there by my hand.

calculated $170 worth of clothes (4 shirts and a NICE skirt) for just over $23 after tax. HOT. DAMN. i am going back soon.
shirt2.jpg
probably my favorite of the bunch
shirt2.jpg (87.05 KiB) Viewed 5703 times
shirt1.jpg
on the hanger its cute. on the me, its positively scandalous. i'll have to wear this one carefully.
shirt1.jpg (166.74 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
shirthigh.jpg
Meaux, i thought of you when i saw this. and chuckled, a lot.
shirthigh.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 5692 times

the other shirt was a black ribbed turtle neck, and the skirt will be modeled at a later date. its calf length, grey w/ VERY MINIMAL black lace detailing along the top.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 am UTC

good job!!! fabulous shopping mojo is *always* to be celebrated!!
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:14 am UTC

Okay, the higher one is great, made me laugh, and then made me think

Its turtles all the way down!
*waggles eyebrows*

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:06 am UTC

yeah when i first saw it i burst out laughing. i got some strange looks from the old ladies in the next section.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:50 am UTC

The first one is my favourite.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuschia

Postby fuschia » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 am UTC

Yay! I especially love the first one - the buttons and the piping are awesome, and that neckline looks like it will be really flattering...I'm always looking for shirts like that because normal shaped buttoned ones tend to be too small round the boobs and the buttons are always the wrong height, so either the top one that I leave done up is indecently low, or too high and makes my boobs look squished.

hestia

Postby hestia » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

fuschia wrote:Yay! I especially love the first one - the buttons and the piping are awesome, and that neckline looks like it will be really flattering...I'm always looking for shirts like that because normal shaped buttoned ones tend to be too small round the boobs and the buttons are always the wrong height, so either the top one that I leave done up is indecently low, or too high and makes my boobs look squished.

I have this issue too but I found a button down shirt at Fashion Bug that has extra fabric in the boob area which makes it really flattering but not indecent for teaching. I get compliments whenever I wear it! Clearly someone at Fashion Bug was thinking when they designed that shirt.
NightStar wrote:
Chocceh wrote:Whatever way this thread turns out, Jesus is off-limits.

Tell that to Pontius Pilate.

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

these were all found in the junior department so there is some boob issue, but not enough to be REALLY BAD. a well-placed safety pin will take care of it. but...
shirtexample.jpg
the arrow.
shirtexample.jpg (56.81 KiB) Viewed 5464 times

there is the usual gap. i cannot buy shirts that fit me properly everywhere because i have such a weird chest to waist to hip ratio. if i can get 2 out of 3 i'm goddamn happy, and this meets 2.5 out of three. the stripped one... HAhah, i'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear a shirt under it, the neckline is scandalous and that top button? no way in *hell*.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

Pretty tattoo!
I really want a tattoo... need to get a good design though.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 pm UTC

oooh, I I really like the black shirt. :mrgreen:

since we are sharing shopping success:

I think it's magical, it makes me look skinny and gives impressive cleavage. Winner!

In other news Shark Week is still going strong a whole week after it should have ended. Grrr.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:there is the usual gap. i cannot buy shirts that fit me properly everywhere because i have such a weird chest to waist to hip ratio. if i can get 2 out of 3 i'm goddamn happy, and this meets 2.5 out of three. the stripped one... HAhah, i'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear a shirt under it, the neckline is scandalous and that top button? no way in *hell*.

A lot of places leave off the top button because of the gaping issue actually. All my button down shirts from Express are really low, but I figured it was so well endowed persons would not have the gaping issue, because it really is a big deal. Looks unprofessional and all that.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 pm UTC

As far as I can tell there is no button down shirt that doesn't have the gapping issue. I either wear them unbuttoned over my chest with a tank top underneath or buy them a size bigger and take them in at the waist.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

libellule

Postby libellule » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:05 am UTC

@parka:
I like the b&w stripy one best. The one you're modeling would look frumpy on most people (imho) but you can pull it off because the tats are quite awesome and most definitely not made of frump.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:23 am UTC

@ crowey: that dress is beautiful!
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 am UTC

argyl3 wrote:
parkaboy wrote:there is the usual gap. i cannot buy shirts that fit me properly everywhere because i have such a weird chest to waist to hip ratio. if i can get 2 out of 3 i'm goddamn happy, and this meets 2.5 out of three. the stripped one... HAhah, i'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear a shirt under it, the neckline is scandalous and that top button? no way in *hell*.

A lot of places leave off the top button because of the gaping issue actually. All my button down shirts from Express are really low, but I figured it was so well endowed persons would not have the gaping issue, because it really is a big deal. Looks unprofessional and all that.

this creates a problem for me if i wanted to wear a nice button down shirt for an interview or something. because i cant button it all the way up, i have to wear a shirt underneath to cover my tattoos. its not a problem, just bothersome.

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 am UTC

Ren wrote:Dammit, I thought birth control was supposed to cut *down* on cramps and acne during girlweek! Fuck this shit.

I got two completely different results from two different brands.

I also wear boob-smashing tanktops instead of bras a lot of the time, which helps with the button-down-shirt issue, but wouldn't recommend it unless that's already your thing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:50 am UTC

Holy crap, DO I EVER want that turtle shirt, parka. You say you got it at Sears? I am so there...
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:38 am UTC

it was on the clearance rack in the juniors section. they had a small and a large, thats the large and i have to squish my boobs into it b/c the front material doesnt stretch =( i'm hoping with the shedding of a few more pounds it wont be as squishy. i wish the had an xl, but hey, motivation to slim down a bit more eh? *shrugs*

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote:Picture

Are those tattoos?
Those are awsome!
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

No no, they're cake. It's cake.

Delicious cake.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

elephantitis

Postby elephantitis » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

I want it.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:48 pm UTC

The 67-post side track about reptiles, etc. has been split off.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:32 pm UTC

Good job, Hodge. Now put this one back here, since it has nothing to do with reptiles. :-)

. . . and done! :oops: -Hodge.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:26 am UTC

Ugh. I had to use a tampon today for the first time in months, ever since I bought my Diva Cup. Nasty, drying, cramping things they are. And how rude of my girlweek to sneak up on me while I was at work. I really should try to keep track of when these things are coming, instead of playing Guess What's PMS every month.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

lorenith

Postby lorenith » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:12 am UTC

If that happened to me I'd just start carrying the thing with me for future annoying unexpected starts, did yours come with a nice carrying pouch? My mooncup did.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 am UTC

And if it didn't: Make one!
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

HedgehogsAreFunneh

Postby HedgehogsAreFunneh » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:36 am UTC

So, hey everyone... I have a concern. I haven't had Shark Week for two months; I'm a virgin, so not pregnant, & I'm not on any sort of pill/other forms of birth control. It's been fairly regular for the three or so years that I've had it now. I've been a vegeterian for a while, and I'm kind of paranoid that lack of girlweek somewhow = iron deficiency and leads to anemia and other crud like that. ):
I was thinking of either meditating or napping, but the way I do it, there's not much difference except in the explanation to the rest of my family.

"If anyone finds the plot of this book, tell it I love it very much and want it to come home."

koneko

Postby koneko » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:42 am UTC

Have you started any new meds of any kind? You should see your doctor about that asap, they can do a quick blood test which should give you some idea of what's going on.
ImageImage

parkaboy

Postby parkaboy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:13 am UTC

have your stress levels gone up a LOT recently? i've heard *only heard* that increased stress levels can make you miss periods, but i'm no doctor, and second the see a physician just in case advice.

hestia

Postby hestia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

I have a friend who had issues with that. I think the current theory is thyroid issues. They gave her some hormones to get everything working again, she is the only person I know who was ready to throw a party when girl-week came.

But yea, you should see a doctor because it really could be a whole slew of things.
NightStar wrote:
Chocceh wrote:Whatever way this thread turns out, Jesus is off-limits.

Tell that to Pontius Pilate.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

I have a lot of studying to do, but I'm so tense that I'm not absorbing anything. :(

As I don't have anywhere in particular that I need to be today, I think this calls for a trip to the bathtub with some bubbles to just soak and relax.

Lycur

Postby Lycur » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

HedgehogsAreFunneh wrote:So, hey everyone... I have a concern. I haven't had Shark Week for two months; I'm a virgin, so not pregnant, & I'm not on any sort of pill/other forms of birth control. It's been fairly regular for the three or so years that I've had it now. I've been a vegeterian for a while, and I'm kind of paranoid that lack of girlweek somewhow = iron deficiency and leads to anemia and other crud like that. ):

Lack of girlweek isn't likely to cause a lack of iron deficiency, but it seems reasonable that iron deficiency may cause lack of girlweek.

Iron supplements are a must for female vegheads! (Or so my sister tells me)

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm UTC

That's what I get for trying to do something productive when I said I'd be relaxing. :(

In the tub, I realize I should shave. No big deal, a fairly normal realization. So I grab my razor, do my business -- and realize, only belatedly somehow, that my razor was not as sharp as it should have been, and I am razorburned to all hell. :(

Ow.

koneko

Postby koneko » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:03 am UTC

dry shaving for me is sort of like eating candy corn... i figure it can't possibly be as bad as i remember, but i end up getting burned every time.
ImageImage

Aluminus

Postby Aluminus » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 am UTC

Every single kernel of candy corn that exists today was made in 1945.
fyrenwater wrote:Oh dear God, I just imagined this horrible scenario of a psychotic non-people-person running around, trying to steal the people-person section of people-peoples' brains to implant into their own brain.

Return to “General”