[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

DJorgensen

Re: Woman thread - NO HOMERS CLUB

Postby DJorgensen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 am UTC

Jessica wrote:Fuck!
Argh, my nipples itch so much! It's so annoying! ARGH!

Quit rubbing nettle on them! 8D
trap: a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:16 pm UTC

Awesome, now my annoyance at my nipples is at the top of the page D:

I can't say I'm going to be productive at work today. I'm just too tired.

I want it to rain again. I love the rain.

Concert tonight.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:Awesome, now my annoyance at my nipples is at the top of the page D:

its ok, it;s the woman thread :)

itchy nipples are indeed a pain. Find someone to suck them!! ehehehe. no that shouldve gone in the man thread... :roll:

girly news: hm i dont have girly news. i applied for a job today, which is not girly. and i had a craving for going shopping, which IS girly ;)
and no money, which is... student-y :/ and suck-y :/
This too shall pass

Mitora

Postby Mitora » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 pm UTC

Man. The cramps aren't so bad but my back is hurting more than its ever hurt at this time of the month.

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:00 am UTC

hahahahah, I am feeling so evil for that Jess, I would apologize but I think its just my nature 8D
Hop in the shower and just let it run on your breasts. It should help. I used to have itchy nipples when mine were pierced.... *shifty*

Holy crap was I ever exhausted today. Ugh.

Mmmm, Pi

Postby Mmmm, Pi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am UTC

Artemisia wrote:and no money, which is... student-y :/ and suck-y :/

Nothing girly from me at the moment, but an awful lot of this.
Mercy wrote:Since this is for everything fora, I'd just like to express my fondness of @trophy's and Mmmm, Pi's avatars. You adorable demons. <3

Pi is still tasty.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

I get paid today. :] I'm probably going to spend it on antique-y stuff... I'm assembling stuff for my halloween costume, which I've decided will be this.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:42 pm UTC

OOOOooooh Delalyra, that is awesomely pretty!

More costumy talk! I'm going to the Discworld convention in Birmingham in August, and there's a gala dinner at the end. All the delegates get divided up into "guilds". I've been put in the Witches Guild and my (male) friend I'm going with has been cast into the (giggle giggle) Seamstresses' Guild*. The dress at the gala dinner is "Formal, Smart, Guild robes or Costume". To sit with your friends at the dinner you can request to be put in the same guild as them, so I'm going to ask to be moved to the seamstress guild too so we can go as victoriany** whores. Fun! He's good at dressing up like a woman ^_^

I'm thinking some horrible combination of this kind of thing, or the whores in Interview with the Vampire (like the one who gets put in the coffin). Can't find a decent pic of them though.
Spoiler:
Image Image

So ladies... other than scouring Camden Market, any pearls of dressy uppy wisdom? For either myself or my friend?

*For non-Pratchet fans, that's a euphemism for the whores.
**I claim no accuracy in my estimated time periods and costumes.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

DJorgensen

Postby DJorgensen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:53 pm UTC

I caved and bought the chococat purse I have been oogling for a long while now...
I also need new shoes but I am resisting all temptations to spend all my money on that. *sigh*

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:29 pm UTC

Moo wrote:So ladies... other than scouring Camden Market, any pearls of dressy uppy wisdom? For either myself or my friend?

"Retro" shops can be a good bet - there's one in my hometown that is specifically for 20s / 30s clothes, which would probably be perfect for you. Second hand shops will be a long shot. It all depends on what kind of budget you have really; there are some semi-decent places online which vary in budget, but most are higher end and USA-based, which might be too long and too expensive.
Good luck with looking though, and if I see anything in [insert chain store here] I'll let you know.

Also: I am totally jealous, and you are going to have so much fun! Sadly, I'm probably going to be nowhere near Birmingham at that point, despite living under its nose most of the year :)

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 pm UTC

Awesome! Pratchet convention! Very cool.

I want to sleep. I think the itchiness was because of hormones. On that day I think I may have double dosed on my pills. Oops :\
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 pm UTC

Moo: How do you find out about the Guilds? EEEEE! I'm going to England! And the Discworld convention!

This is a bit embarrassing: I was feeling crampy earlier and couldn't remember if Shark Week was due this week or two weeks from now so I had to go and check when I last whined about it on this thread. Damn you, ovulation!
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

Flying Betty wrote:Moo: How do you find out about the Guilds? EEEEE! I'm going to England! And the Discworld convention!

This is a bit embarrassing: I was feeling crampy earlier and couldn't remember if Shark Week was due this week or two weeks from now so I had to go and check when I last whined about it on this thread. Damn you, ovulation!

AHAHA thats brilliant!! the woman thread is the guide for women when they last had Shark Week.
I luvs it ^^

@moo: second hand shops sound like a good idea, and flee markets. I know a second hand shop in central london, but I can't say that it's really cheap... I could have a look for you in this area (east-ish) and of course, you're welcome to join me ^^ I could also lend you some lacey red&black stockings and gloves if you want :)
This too shall pass

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 am UTC

Thanks gals! (Artemisia, thank you, I just might join you (and take you up on your kind offer if my budget ends up black and blue after getting the basic items).

Flying Betty, have a look on the DWCon site. I'd love to know what guild you're in. You can request a transfer on the first day of the con, as I said.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:56 am UTC

So I went and got my hair done today! I was a little nervous going in, but since getting my hair done came in the wake of a morning of "Hey, all four of your wisdom teeth have to come out!" and "Hey, looks like you'll be needing some spectacles!" I was in a good mental place for it. My hairdresser was absolutely wonderful. I talked to her about what the previous hairdressers did and asked her advice on maximising volume and ease of styling while telling her what I was pretty much after. She understood my concerns about suddenly getting my layers back, which would involve a fair deal of hacking and was able to put into words what I was after and even better, actually do it. She chipped lightly away at my layers so while they're not as shaggy as they were, they feel thick and they've got a beautiful texture and they compliment my natural wave instead of resisting it, so no more having to whip out the straightening iron! She also took a minimal amount off the length everywhere except the fringe, and cut the fringe exactly how I imagined it. I am really, really happy. And she put a cuticle treatment in too, and the whole thing only cost me $29.

:D :D :D

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:00 am UTC

That's great! :o

I'm going to shut up before I say something that may belittle the experience.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Lutetium

Postby Lutetium » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:31 am UTC

Oh yay,

I get to bitch about things! Ahem,

So my hair is falling out because I'm stressed and it's the holidays, my boyfriend is being a jerk (as usual), I've gotten really allergic to my rats (WAH!!), it's cold here and I want a bubble bath except I'm have skin that'll react to most foaming agents, I want a cup of hot chocolate and a bunny.
I haz awesome procrastination skills, let me show you them .... laterz.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 am UTC

:( here you go

Hermaj that is great news; any pics?

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 am UTC

I'm going to play around with it tonight so I'll put one up when I've figured out how I want to wear it. :)

Lutetium

Postby Lutetium » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 am UTC

^__^ yay, hot chocolate!

and yay photos of hair!

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:48 am UTC

Shark Week started today, which is good for a couple of reasons: I've now started the pill (and am hoping for none of the side effects the internets got me all worried about) and it means that when I snapped at my boyfriend last week over something ridiculously small and spent that whole night on the phone to him on the edge of hysterics it was because of PMS, not because I was losing it. (I'd thought it was a bit early, but what do I know?) Also I don't feel as bad about the ridiculous amount of chocolate I've had the past few days. Pretty sure I've never felt so cheerful about Shark Week. It's cramp day, though, so the cheerfulness probably will not last long. :P
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Lutetium

Postby Lutetium » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:56 am UTC

*offers hot chocolate*

I love blaming my yapping on PMS :D

tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth

Postby tin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 am UTC

Can...can I just get a cup of hot chocolate anyway, even though i'm not PMS-ing yet (give it 2 weeks or so)?

Cassi wrote:Shark Week started today, which is good for a couple of reasons: I've now started the pill (and am hoping for none of the side effects the internets got me all worried about) and it means that when I snapped at my boyfriend last week over something ridiculously small and spent that whole night on the phone to him on the edge of hysterics it was because of PMS, not because I was losing it. (I'd thought it was a bit early, but what do I know?) Also I don't feel as bad about the ridiculous amount of chocolate I've had the past few days. Pretty sure I've never felt so cheerful about Shark Week. It's cramp day, though, so the cheerfulness probably will not last long. :P

Hooray! I remember being so damned relieved when I got my first period after I first took the pill. I was pretty convinced I had every symptom of pregnancy, which amused my mum to no end.

@Delalyra, Moo: Those are awesome ideas for dressing up. Seriously, this Halloween = Victorian lady of the night. Moo, you should check out Absolute Vintage in Spitalfields, for all sorts of rag-tag, vintage wear.
i dare you to take me on...

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:24 am UTC

Awesome, thanks. Will do. *writes in little notebook with rest of the Woman Thread dress up tips*

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

Awesome!

Tomorrow I'm entirely too busy. I have a shower to goto, then I'm getting my tattoo done, then I have Larp.
Then the next day, have office hours for another larp, which then turns into a Stagette for another soon-to-be-married woman.

I hope I don't explode. And I can't wait for my tattoo!!

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:17 pm UTC

Lutetium wrote:*offers hot chocolate*

I love blaming my yapping on PMS :D

Mmm.

Hehe, yea, I feel so much better when I can blame at least some of my utterly irrational behaviour on PMS. And last week definitely fell under utterly irrational, so I am very glad to know I just fail miserably at figuring out when I'm PMSing and was not actually just slowly going insane or anything.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 pm UTC

WEE for tattoos!
it is super cool to look and see this new thing on your body all the time. just remember, tattoos don't like sun.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:06 pm UTC

Luckily neither do I ;)
and I won't see it much, as it's between my shoulderblades... :)

hestia

Postby hestia » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:48 am UTC

At least when you have PMS you have an excuse for over-emotional behavior. I just started crying at the dinner table today when my husband started complaining about having a 9-5 job. And then he started crying and it was massively unpleasant for a bit.
We talked it out though and it is OK now. But I sort of wish I had some excuse beyond I was tired from work because I had lots of people yell at me for things that were not my fault.

On tattoos, very scared of them. I don't like needles, much less ones that don't have to be near me.
NightStar wrote:
Chocceh wrote:Whatever way this thread turns out, Jesus is off-limits.

Tell that to Pontius Pilate.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:26 am UTC

Being yelled at while at work, especially for things you didn't do, is a very normal reason for crying over "nothing" later in the day. You aren't allowed to yell back or react in any real way at work, so the hurt goes underground until you're in a safe place to work it out. In theory, you should be happy that you and hubby are safe enough for each other that the tears can finally happen (for both of you).

(I say "in theory" because, well, it's hard to feel happy about crying over "nothing".) (And it wasn't nothing -- it was very much something. Being nailed to the wall for something you did is hard enough. For things you didn't do? I usually fantasize about burning down half of the city while bawling like a baby when that happens. Peace, inner strength, and all that not-very-consoling-stuff to you. Have some chocolate and some good sex, not necessarily in that order or at the same time.)
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:31 am UTC

This reminds me, I could use a good cry.

Also Shark Week is scheduled to start on my birthday. Grrr. I can delay it using my pills, but I did loathe the week and a half of spotting that happened last time. I'm tempted to just let it be and have Shark Week, but that means a) no birthday sex, and b) the ubercramps. I'll probably skip it. /ramble
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:40 am UTC

Man, I so rarely get PMS.

...don't hate me.

Also; I am now looking forward to more tattoo pics! Damn, I love tattoos :D

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:08 am UTC

What scares me a little is that I think I don't get PMS.

So, how many people who know me would cringe on hearing me say this? I have no idea... and that's the scary part.

/secretly maybe occasionally psycho without knowing it?
//will have to ask a fearless ex one day
///maybe that says enough
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:36 am UTC

My PMS generally isn't terrible...but I do sometimes have a day where I am just completely irrational and snap at everyone for anything they say and cry over absolutely anything. Not fun. Thankfully it is not every month.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 am UTC

Moo wrote:Flying Betty, have a look on the DWCon site. I'd love to know what guild you're in. You can request a transfer on the first day of the con, as I said.

I'm in the Assassin's Guild! But the Seamstresses would definitely be fun. Especially since I've spent part of this evening working on making a garter flask to wear to an upcoming wedding.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

hestia

Postby hestia » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:45 am UTC

Mmmm, Chocolate and sex, sounds like a good combination.

Yea, I guess I am lucky to have the boy I do. :D Though he is off at a LAN party now so I am a bit lonely.
NightStar wrote:
Chocceh wrote:Whatever way this thread turns out, Jesus is off-limits.

Tell that to Pontius Pilate.

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 am UTC

hermaj wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:Sadly, I don't have any great hair-dye tips - other than the old gem to use lip gloss round the hairline to avoid purple skin.
Oh, lipgloss! I never thought of using that. I dye my mum's hair for her and we usually use Vaseline but last time we couldn't find it. I have a million tubes of lipgloss, I will have to remember for next time. :P
I use conditioner on the hairline, it washes away a little easier than lip gloss or vaseline. That being said, it you also have to reapply if you wipe a splodge of colour off your face.

Violet Vixen is my colour of choice, for a really rich purple. For some reason *all* the photos I try to take of my hair when it's purple come out too dark to see the colour and it just looks like I have almost-black hair.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:33 am UTC

Has anyone else used henna on their hair? I'm a really dark brunette, so after the henna oxidized my hair was a dark brown with auburn highlights...but for a couple days it was nice and red! It got rid of my dandluff, too, which was awesome.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am UTC

That is awesome. I used it a long long time ago but found it didn't do much on my dark brown hair; however it might have been the stuff I used as I was a cheap ass-student then and although I can't remember exactly where I got it was probably not necessarily a reputable outlet :)
What with the added dandruff benefit I might do that now that my purple is all washed out (I will reapply but I don't have the energy atm, my weekends are so busy and it's too involved for a weeknight).

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am UTC

If you do, I got mine from here. And they have an accompanying page that tells you how to do it (pdf).

Return to “General”