[SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: Woman thread - NO HOMERS CLUB

Postby Moo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:00 am UTC

*shrug* we have different ideas on what constitutes being rude. Which is fine, I suppose. Agree to disagree?
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:03 am UTC

Rar! No! I killee you!

...wait, this *isn't* SB, you say?
Raise up the torch and light the way.

marshlight

Postby marshlight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:But if you're in a safe place, may I recommend a more aggressive reaction? "I don't know you. Leave me alone." Obviously it's up to you, I just really hate that particular brand of asshole.

When he started asking us where we hung out, I just said "the computer lab" and started to go chemical engineering lingo on him. Usually the whole "oh noes she has more education than I do!" thing gets them to back off (and if not, maybe they're not so bad, and then we'll be on a completely different topic). It's my own brand of defense, because I don't think I could be super harsh to someone unless they were sincerely freaking me out.

Moo wrote:It sounds like maybe this guy was just trying to connect - how much courage would it take for a shy guy to even say something? Maybe this specific guy was being really creepy - although the only negative thing I can see from him is being a possibly a bit older than may be appropriate (I don't know how old marshlight is) and, goodness forbid, a bit overweight. But the advice on here seems to be "be aggressive in general to anyone you don't find attractive". How about we don't go around breaking the spirit of every man who is just trying to find a way to connect, however clumsy he may be; as long as he's not doing any actual harm?

Well I don't really think he was shy at all...and the age gap was pretty inappropriate. I don't know, I just got a gross vibe from him, like he's used to chatting up women (and their mothers at the same time? urk.) this way all the time and expects them to line up for him. I agree that the majority of the time, a more passive approach is suitable when dealing with these dudes because there's a very small chance they'll learn anything without me being completely aggressive back to him, and I'm certainly not going to waste any more energy than necessary.
Belial wrote:Time to hide in the CAVE OF AWESOME.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm UTC

Moo: another way to look at it is that by being curt (or aggressive if the dude is being creepy), you have no chance of sending mixed messages, which is something else people complain about. /$0.02

And thank you everyone for the replies, I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I suspect it's going to be wierd, since I haven't met this doctor and I have to explain everything... I think I'm gonna end up not liking her and looking for a new one. But I'm getting checked out, so that's good.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Moo

Postby Moo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm UTC

I actually did advocate curt, and I did say that if he continues to be creepy aggression is called for; and I didn't say marshlight was wrong in that specific instance - just that one can be curt without being aggressive or rude.

Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure the doctor will be fine. They deal with this stuff all the time and what seems a really akward and embarrassing subject to you is their daily routine.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:08 pm UTC

I should really get over myself... but...

On friday I went to a stagette. It was fantastic. Best I've been to. We rented a limo, drove to a male and female stripclub in Toronto, got mostly wasted and came home. It was awesome. Bride to be and myself were the only girls there who actually like girls, so we went to the girls side while everyone else hit up the boys. She bought me a lapdance and I got her horribly drunk.

Then while the bride to be and I were stumbling back to her place to crash, we were waiting outside of her building and some really drunk guy ran by us, then collapsed on the street. After a few minutes, she went out to help him, cause she's nice like that. While she was putting his shirt on and picking him up, these two girls come out of the building and one of them offered me a smoke! It was awesome! She then talked to me!

It was great.

Again. Need to get over myself. It just was so awesome to have a girl come up and actually initiate conversation with me. :D

Sorry...
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm UTC

Moo wrote:I actually did advocate curt, and I did say that if he continues to be creepy aggression is called for; and I didn't say marshlight was wrong in that specific instance - just that one can be curt without being aggressive or rude.

Okay, but creepy is not something that the guy can decide and it's not something that a third party can decide. Creepy is what makes me creeped out. Same with upset, same with threatened. Maybe you don't freak out until you're being followed or touched or something. I freak out pretty easily. Imagine that what crosses the line for you is way further along than what crosses the line for me, and probably much more sensitive than a third woman. Whose views are valid? All of ours. Our feelings are valid and we have the right to react to a situation we perceive as Not Okay.

By approaching, a man takes the risk that he's talking to a me or a you or a third woman. Any protestations to the effect of "but I/he wasn't being creepy!" are utterly meaningless if I think he was. Sometimes, for some women, just approaching will be perceived as threatening. Does it suck for the man? Yeah, I suppose it probably does. But it sucks worse for the woman in a threatening situation. If you (a man) are not an asshole, you will not take it personally. We're creeped out. Go away.

Sebeka2

Postby Sebeka2 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:On friday I went to a stagette. It was fantastic. Best I've been to. We rented a limo, drove to a male and female stripclub in Toronto, got mostly wasted and came home. It was awesome. Bride to be and myself were the only girls there who actually like girls, so we went to the girls side while everyone else hit up the boys. She bought me a lapdance and I got her horribly drunk.

Then while the bride to be and I were stumbling back to her place to crash, we were waiting outside of her building and some really drunk guy ran by us, then collapsed on the street. After a few minutes, she went out to help him, cause she's nice like that. While she was putting his shirt on and picking him up, these two girls come out of the building and one of them offered me a smoke! It was awesome! She then talked to me!

It was great.

It just was so awesome to have a girl come up and actually initiate conversation with me. :D

Fixed. ;)

Glad you had a good time, Jessica. Did you her number? :0)
Willpower lasts about two weeks and is soluble in alcohol. ~ Mark Twain(?)

Furkins

Postby Furkins » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:12 pm UTC

:(
I don't know what to do. I have tried and tried many times to get an appointment with a gyn but everywhere I phone they tell me they don't take new patients. I've only been to a gyn once and that was at the hospital and i do _not_ want to go there ever again. My mom never took me to a gyn because she thinks doctors are evil and I hate doctors too (who doesn't) but now I don't have an address to go to. I really should go to a doctor because I have terrible cramps (not only when I'm on Shark Week) and I guess somebody should take a look and see if everything is alright.
I'm really frustrated and I don't know what to do. Sometimes being a woman really sucks.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:25 pm UTC

Sebeka2 wrote:
Jessica wrote:On friday I went to a stagette. It was fantastic. Best I've been to. We rented a limo, drove to a male and female stripclub in Toronto, got mostly wasted and came home. It was awesome. Bride to be and myself were the only girls there who actually like girls, so we went to the girls side while everyone else hit up the boys. She bought me a lapdance and I got her horribly drunk.

It was great.

It just was so awesome to have a girl come up and actually initiate conversation with me. :D

Fixed. ;)

Glad you had a good time, Jessica. Did you her number? :0)

sigh, no. Didn't get her name or her number. My friend came back from helping the drunk in the street just as I was starting the cigarette. And she... well she does what she normally does. Told me that we're going inside now and that was that. I had to go, if I wanted a place to stay... (well, once I was sober, I realized I could have stayed... but it's probably a good thing I went then.)

I don't even smoke.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 pm UTC

On another note, my dad's house doesn't currently have any pads or tampons, so I am reduced to pantyliners. Could be bad.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:If you (a man) are not an asshole, you will not take it personally. We're creeped out. Go away.

I disagree in the sense that if the dude is an asshole, he'll walk away thinking "What a bitch" and then forget all about it. A dude who's not an asshole will spend the next %period_of_time% analyzing (if not over-analyzing) just what it was he did to get that kind of reaction.

Oddly enough, throwing a please in there pretty much takes care of all the issues I have with statement.. "I don't know you, please leave me alone" is to the point, sure.. but it's polite about it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:49 pm UTC

Okay. Next time, if I don't get the sense that he's actively trying to creep me out, I will say please.

Sebeka2

Postby Sebeka2 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

@Furkins: You're doing the right thing, I'm so sorry you're having trouble finding a doctor. Some ways I've found doctors in the past:
- Do you know any general doctors you like? Or your friends like? If so, call their office and ask them to recommend a GYN who takes new patients. If that fails, call one of the offices that turned you away earlier and ask them directly if they can refer you to a GYN who IS accepting new patients. Briefly tell them about the cramps and when they happen, like you did here.
- Do you have medical insurance? If you or your mom does, try calling the number on the back of the insurance card and ask them for an address. (This is how I found my doctor.)
- Call/visit a clinic or the hospital and ask for a list of offices accepting new patients. You don't have to see anyone there to pick up a list.
- Call the mother or aunt of a friend and ask her who she goes to. Explain your problem and ask if she could help you arrange an appointment. (And accompany you to it if your own mother won't.)

Jessica wrote:sigh, no. Didn't get her name or her number. My friend came back from helping the drunk in the street just as I was starting the cigarette. And she... well she does what she normally does. Told me that we're going inside now and that was that. I had to go, if I wanted a place to stay... (well, once I was sober, I realized I could have stayed... but it's probably a good thing I went then.)

I don't even smoke.

A good memory, then. Although.....maybe the man was a planted distraction.... and the women really succubi, able to suck away your soul and/or years off your life (and keep themselves looking young) by breathing it in via the smoke from the cigarettes smoked by people attracted to them.....and your friend recognized this, took care of the plant, and got you away before it was too late.....she saved your life, really, but since you were both so drunk, she probably won't remember this part so well, just that she wanted to get inside. What a good friend.

Alternate take: if you were drunk enough to light up at a suggestion when you don't smoke, maybe it was a good thing you left with someone you trusted. But maybe you could get some cards printed so that next time you could slip someone your contact info?
Willpower lasts about two weeks and is soluble in alcohol. ~ Mark Twain(?)

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Hmmm, you're right about it probably being a bad thing to have gone with the girl I didn't know if I was drunk enough to accept a cigarette.

Yay for good memories! :D

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:42 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:On another note, my dad's house doesn't currently have any pads or tampons, so I am reduced to pantyliners. Could be bad.

Do you have a car/does your dad have a car you can borrow to go to the store and get what you need? Failing that, can you just ask your dad to pick some up for you? I've asked my dad to get me tampons before, and he grumbles, but he does it.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

Sorry for interupting.

That sucks Quix re tampons.

I rarely have guys hitting on me. Last time he was really drunk and I was at the bar. I just talked to him, even though he obviously wanted sex from me, and I obviously didn't want it back... I didn't tell him right away to leave.

I probably should have.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:Okay. Next time, if I don't get the sense that he's actively trying to creep me out, I will say please.

Note added: My original advice was based on the premise that the man in question is an asshole.

PictureSarah wrote:Do you have a car/does your dad have a car you can borrow to go to the store and get what you need? Failing that, can you just ask your dad to pick some up for you? I've asked my dad to get me tampons before, and he grumbles, but he does it.

We're never here for more than twenty-four hours at a time, so generally I just stick it out. Well, generally I bring some of my own when I need them, but when I forget it doesn't seem worth the bother. Dad's never been better than terrible when it comes to puberty/bodies/sexuality, not even my brother's. Any time one of those subjects comes up, you have to brace yourself for several very bad jokes in very poor taste, which are his attempt to deflect his discomfort. *shrug* Ah, well.

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

Furkins wrote:I don't know what to do. I have tried and tried many times to get an appointment with a gyn but everywhere I phone they tell me they don't take new patients. I've only been to a gyn once and that was at the hospital and i do _not_ want to go there ever again. My mom never took me to a gyn because she thinks doctors are evil and I hate doctors too (who doesn't) but now I don't have an address to go to. I really should go to a doctor because I have terrible cramps (not only when I'm on Shark Week) and I guess somebody should take a look and see if everything is alright.

Go to a general doctor and if they think things are bad enough, they'll give you a referral to a gyn who can help you.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

Quixotess wrote:On another note, my dad's house doesn't currently have any pads or tampons, so I am reduced to pantyliners. Could be bad.

I hope you can get some stuff, it sucks when you can't.

Sometimes my mom goes crazier than usual and refuses to get my anything (when I'm low on tampons and pads). I can't use her tampons because they hurt to use (and she just doesn't get it).

So I really hope you can get some pads and tampons.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

namaize

Postby namaize » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

...would now be a bad time to expound upon the wonders of menstrual cups? :D

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

What are menstrual cups?

Spoiler:
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:

<3

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 am UTC

namaize wrote:...would now be a bad time to expound upon the wonders of menstrual cups? :D

Well, you can tell me how uncomfortable/painful/difficult to use they would be for someone who's never been sexually active. In fact, I was sort of being misleading when I mentioned tampons because I've never used those either, although in my current predicament I probably would have tried them over pantyliners--it's just that all the women in my family use pads so I've never really had the opportunity to try them. I'm about as virgin as it gets. So will the cup hurt?

Also, apparently Cytoplasm could use a primer.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am UTC

cytoplasm: they are a sillicone (or whatever) cup, kind of funnel shaped but obviously without the hole that funnels have, that you use instead of a tampon, it catches the blood/chunks and you just tip them down the loo, rinse it out and shove it back in.

for example: http://www.mooncup.co.uk and http://www.thekeeper.com

kinda gross to begin with but actually rather good.

Quixotess: If you've never used tampons a cup might not be a great start, it depends a bit on your ladybits.... Not that cups hurt or anything, but they aren't small, so it might be uncomfortable to get it in and out....

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:12 am UTC

I'll be completely honest here. If I were ever to make the switch, it would be so I could look at the blood/chunks. They're interesting. I would probably play with tipping the cup over the toilet. Ooh...blood...

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:48 am UTC

crowey- Thanks for the info. on the cup thing, although I can't physically use my mom's tampons because I guess I'm too tight. Thank you though, I'll check out more on it.

Spoiler:

Felstaff wrote:

<3

namaize

Postby namaize » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:26 am UTC

crowey wrote:If you've never used tampons a cup might not be a great start, it depends a bit on your ladybits.... Not that cups hurt or anything, but they aren't small, so it might be uncomfortable to get it in and out....

...Actually, I switched to a cup (LadyCup, which is the smallest/softest of the bunch) directly from pads; never used tampons.
I will admit it was a bit difficult getting it in and out initially, but it's really not too bad. The first cycle I used it, I was kind of sore towards the end, but I think it was mostly because the muscles there don't get a lot of work. (In hindsight, I probably should have tried it out for a couple days at first instead of > a week right off the bat-- silly long periods) After that, it was a lot easier. If it's in right, most people can't even feel it-- the ones who do just notice its presence and not discomfort.
There's a learning curve, of course, but once you figure out how it works, it shouldnt be uncomfortable at all. For me, even during the learning curve it was never worse than mild soreness or twingey pain during insertion/removal. Seriously, I've had more pain from stubbing my toes.
For basic information, the wiki is pretty good; the LJ community has a ridiculous amount of good information if you're curious. Someone wrote a great "Virgin's Guide to Cups" a while ago that you might find useful. You would probably find it beneficial to... ah... stretch yourself a bit, or at least get used to getting in touch with your ladybits, but there are plenty of success stories from virgins, even 12- and 13-year-olds, so in the end size really isn't an issue.
Most of the cups are medical-grade silicone, the exception (the Keeper) is gum rubber, which a lot of people don't like because it could lead to latex allergies.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:50 am UTC

The cup is fine for virgins- I know this from personal experience. What some people don't say, or don't mention, is that a lot of the painful learning curve is getting the cup folded effectively for you. You have to fold them so that they go in, and then they unfold (painlessly!) inside of you and suction themselves in place. But if you don't figure it out on the first go, what happens is that the cup slips out of your grip and sproings open at the very entrance of your vagina, and painful things happen to your hymen and vaginal opening. Once that's sorted out, it's fine. If you lurk the Livejournal community, there's a lot of good stuff, but many of them talk about trying a dry run, where you test the cup out when you aren't on Shark Week so you're ready. I would definitely recommend against it. You aren't as relaxed and don't have as much lubrication so it's much, much harder to get the thing inside you.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

Quixotess
No. Cookies.

Postby Quixotess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:55 am UTC

Blech. Hymens. *thanks heaven she doesn't have one*

That's really good to know, thanks to all three of you. I might go for it when I'm in college and am buying my own lady products.

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:56 am UTC

Flying Betty wrote:...trying a dry run, where you test the cup out when you aren't on Shark Week so you're ready. I would definitely recommend against it. You aren't as relaxed and don't have as much lubrication so it's much, much harder to get the thing inside you.

I *would* recommend it, if you have access to a lubricant - grab a tube of KY Jelly or similar from your local supermarket or pharmacy. I think you'd be far more likely to be tense when there's blood everywhere and you're making a mess.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 am UTC

Victorian whore costume pictures time!!
Spoiler:
Outfit1.jpg
Outfit1.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
Skirt.jpg
Skirt.jpg (58.77 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
Corset.jpg
Corset.jpg (64.87 KiB) Viewed 4230 times

I think I'll wear the corset over a white peasant top like one of these so the sleeves show (maybe off shoulder). The hope is it'll look a little less "goth tart", as well as hopefully feeling a little more historic.

Image Image

I have some black lacy gloves a dear friend is lending me :) and I'm thinking stockings and sensible black lace up ankle boots. Maybe exaggerated Lady in a French Court style makeup, complete with beauty spot? My curls should work ok just piled on my head and some trailing down my neck. Ooh and also a fan. Yes I know I'm mixing up several historic periods but since Ankh-Morpork is set in a fantasy world I'm sure it won't matter too much.

Any ideas and even criticism welcome.

liza
It's teatime somewhere

Postby liza » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 am UTC

So, this is rather silly, so forgive me. I don't really have anywhere else I can crow about this, and figured this thread was closest to appropriate.
I wore proper shorts in public for the first time since I was seven or eight. I hate my thighs with a white-hot passion (which is fitting, because they're the colour of printer paper), but I got over it and succumbed to summery clothing.
Yay for battling body image issues?

Moo: absolutely gorgeous, both the corset and skirt! Curls, fan, and fake beauty mark are all very yes.
Felstaff wrote:
Okita wrote:"What are you up to?"

"Attempting to save the free world and preserve Democracy...without Liza"
But...But [that would] just be announcing you're definitely about to fail.

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 am UTC

liza, thank you very much :) and good for you embracing your legs (so to speak)! Up with more clothing options, cooler legs in summer, and more fun with wardrobe. Down with needless self consciousness and artificially imposed insecurities.

jmrz
I am going to attempt to use this. I just have to wait for the opportune moment.

Postby jmrz » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:36 am UTC

This coming girlweek will be my third one with my diva cup. It seriously has turned out to be the best $40 I have spent in regards to my body. Pads irritated my skin and blech, not friendly, never felt clean etc. I got the size 1 and did a hell of a lot of lurking in the LJ communities that are around about this stuff, they all have fantastic information from other girls trying the different brands out and they have folding instructions that you can try it. Don't panic if one way just plain does not work for you, I had that and it just didn't sit properly for me or I couldn't get it in at all. I found the 'punchdown' one was the easiest, but inserting it so the fold was facing towards my back, it pops open straight away with that fold. By the end of the first week using it, I had it pretty much under control, it doesn't take very long.

The only problem I have is that the first night or two it tends to leak a bit, but it is never full the next morning (not even half full) and the little suction holes aren't blocked either, so maybe I just sleep weird and squish it or something?

EDIT: Oh goodness Moo, that outfit looks fantastic. Remember to post some pictures of you all dressed up! I'd love to see them.
Alisto wrote:jmrz is awesome in ways that mere mortals cannot hope to comprehend.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:46 pm UTC

http://secretarysblog.hhs.gov/my_weblog/

That is the blog for Secretary Mike Leavitt's blog. If you are aware, the HHS has been bouncing around the idea of making any thing that stops an egg from implanting abortion, and anyone who is against 'abortion' will have their job protected and will be under no obligation to tell women about services they dislike or recommend them to another doctor who can talk to them about these things. This would leave the possibility for women to not receive EC at ERs for example (or be told of it's existence) after being raped if the Er worked (who job would be protected) we against abortion or contraceptives. Hospitals that did not say in writing that they would protect this person's job would not receive funding from the government.

In this entry he is talking about protecting access for women's mental health. What he seems to be missing is that women like the one in his story who have been abused by their husband might have also been raped and without good access to contraception (among other things) they would be at even more of a disadvantage.

I know before people were saying 'that is a crap desicion, but what can we do?'
You can leave a comment on his blog telling him what you think.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:11 am UTC

Thanks, Sophy!

So I had my pelvic exam, and first pap test today, ow. My doctor was actually very nice in person and she's testing me for everything... I should have results by next week.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Artemisia

Postby Artemisia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:27 am UTC

how are things now Delalyra?

Glad to know you had a nice doctor. smear tests arent particularly fun business but unfriendly doctors make you even more uncomfortable!
It might sound a bit strange but well done! It takes some guts to actually go see a doctor for weird business "down there".
This too shall pass

crowey

Postby crowey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:45 pm UTC

went back to the doctors gain today. No infection of any kind and considering the pain has got worse, I'm being referred for x-rays and if that shows nothing then ultrasound and an IVU (x ray with dye to show blood circulation).
Not sure if I should be worrying yet. :|

on the plus side the doctor is lovely (and quite handsome).

Moo

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm UTC

Tell you what: you focus on the cute doctor, and I'll focus on hoping that you're all ok and wishing you good luck.

crowey

Postby crowey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:00 pm UTC

is it wrong to hit on my GP? :lol:

Return to “General”