What's your PDD?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:22 am UTC

I don't have aspergers. Most people who "have" aspergers don't have aspergers. Most people who are DIAGNOSED with it don't have it. It's just like ADD/ADHD/whatever was back in the day.

I fill in all the tickboxes, but the reality is that it's just a different personality that some researcher decided was deviant enough to lump it into the diagnosis with a similar, but much more extreme, severely debilitating disorder. Doing this had one very practical effect - it got the researchers more money for developing a treatment, because it increased the population of potential patients, which increased the potential for profit and quickened the ROI. In a way, I can agree with this tactic. It forces the economic hand that controls whether or not the people with the actual disorder are going to get treatment or not. So long as the treatment doesn't hurt the non-patients, it's only slightly ethically wrong.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

tmad40blue

Postby tmad40blue » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:35 am UTC

So you're suggesting that Asperger's syndrome doesn't really exist and is just a scheme to get doctors some cash?

That, my friend, is wrong.

Please visit the IRC channel #wrongplanet on the network chat.freenode.net and find out for yourself what the truth is.
NinjaArcana wrote:I'm glad this whole changing into a raptor thing is "at will." If it was based on emotions, that could lead to awkwardness. You're having sex with the other gender and then, BAM.

Cai

Postby Cai » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:47 am UTC

I have OCD. It's nothing really severe like it's portrayed on television sometimes, but I deal with it.
Dreamers never live, only dream of it.
first.am

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:04 am UTC

tmad40blue wrote:Please visit the IRC channel #wrongplanet on the network chat.freenode.net and find out for yourself what the truth is.

Are you a spambot for wrongplanet?
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

tmad40blue

Postby tmad40blue » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:07 am UTC

Castaway wrote:Are you a spambot for wrongplanet?

No, I'm just a reg there and like the site.
NinjaArcana wrote:I'm glad this whole changing into a raptor thing is "at will." If it was based on emotions, that could lead to awkwardness. You're having sex with the other gender and then, BAM.

PhantomReality

Postby PhantomReality » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:13 am UTC

I have OM-fnr (Over medicated, for no reason) disorder. Sure it's for ADD whatever gimmie some speed and call it good for me. Fuck amphetamines and the horrible toll they have taken on my sanity and self esteem.

Do I actually have ADD? I don't know...I'm spacey sometimes, but I like that. I don't fit in perfectly to the rut's left by millions of other people who have walked the same line before me...so I'm medicated until I fit in the rut. Whoopee.
DROP ACID NOT BOMBS.

Brontide

Postby Brontide » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:19 am UTC

My older brother was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was 14 (about 10 years ago...) He's really into computers but has always had trouble with spelling/writing, and he's very visual (we can't say words such as brain, heart etc especially during tea-time as he'll visualise it and find it really gross), doesn't like change much, not so hot on the social skills, but an awesome guy. Also has a bit of a thing about germs. Are those typical Aspie things in your guys experience?
I have nothing on the spectrum, think I just picked up some of the depression which seems to be like a genetic trait in our family, and I think I've also succeded in giving myself an eating disorder. Yay me.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:34 am UTC

tmad40blue wrote:So you're suggesting that Asperger's syndrome doesn't really exist and is just a scheme to get doctors some cash?

That, my friend, is wrong.

Please visit the IRC channel #wrongplanet on the network chat.freenode.net and find out for yourself what the truth is.
I didn't say that. In fact, I said that the overdiagnosis and widely defined scope are a clever ploy to get more funds to treat those who have an actual disorder.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:54 am UTC

Brontide wrote:My older brother was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was 14 (about 10 years ago...) He's really into computers but has always had trouble with spelling/writing, and he's very visual (we can't say words such as brain, heart etc especially during tea-time as he'll visualise it and find it really gross), doesn't like change much, not so hot on the social skills, but an awesome guy. Also has a bit of a thing about germs. Are those typical Aspie things in your guys experience?
I have nothing on the spectrum, think I just picked up some of the depression which seems to be like a genetic trait in our family, and I think I've also succeded in giving myself an eating disorder. Yay me.

That doesnt sound like aspergers. I always thought aspergers was more about not being able to make mental transitions between subjects.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:52 pm UTC

Brontide wrote:He's really into computers
Check.
but has always had trouble with spelling/writing
Untidy handwriting is common, and spelling difficulties are occasionally known but not ubiquitous.
he's very visual (we can't say words such as brain, heart etc especially during tea-time as he'll visualise it and find it really gross)
Haven't heard of that one before.
doesn't like change much, not so hot on the social skills
Both definitely.
Also has a bit of a thing about germs.
That's pretty common, too. It's an aspect of OCD, which often comes with Asperger's.

I have nothing on the spectrum, think I just picked up some of the depression which seems to be like a genetic trait in our family
Depression can be an environmental thing too. If many people in your family are depressed (perhaps for other reasons, such as dealing with the consequences of Asperger's) then it stands to reason there would be reasons for you to become depressed too, even if it wasn't genetic. I'm not saying it isn't at least partially genetic, just thought I'd point that out.

madjo

Postby madjo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:16 pm UTC

I'm really into computers, recently have developed some slight problems with spelling and my writing has never been good;
I too am very visual (even with pain, I can't watch real life hospital shows, because I feel every single wound they show there, but weirdly enough, I can watch House or some other medical detectives whodunnits without even as much as a twitch (with some exceptions, watching a autopsies in one of those series make me nauseous), somehow those shows are very detached to me).
I don't like change and I don't fair well in social circumstances. (I also have trouble reading body language)

But I do not think I ever had Asperger's syndrome. For one thing it's very rare that someone actually has it.
And what's more, whenever I get to know someone better, I fair better at social circumstances with those persons, and I am dealing with changes all the time, so that I can get used to it.

The visual aspect has been very helpful on most occasions, though it makes explaining your thought very hard, because what you want to say isn't a word, it's a symbol.

I'm just shy around people, and never really had much of a self-esteem. Caused by 8 years of almost constant/systematic bullying, which made me dislike/hate/distrust people. Especially if these people form a group.
This distrust for people prevents me from opening up and talking to strangers.
:)

You are carrying:
- a slightly paranoid Android
- two left feet (not my own)
- a still unfed and very hungry hippo
- broadsword of +5 ridiculousness stained with the blood of the undead souls
- a stetson Resistol, cuz stetson Resistols are cool.

evilbeanfiend

Postby evilbeanfiend » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:41 pm UTC

i'm just really tired (though that should pass)

also i don't eat well enough or do enough exercise
in ur beanz makin u eveel

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm UTC

Note:

OCD and ADD/ADHD are NOT PDDs, the only reason they can be considered as such, is that in severe cases they interfere with learning (OCD getting stressed out, ADD/ADHD losing focus).

With that in mind, I have no PDDs which are actually PDDs, I do however have plenty of things that damaged my development (though I'm still apparently a whole human being).
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Herr Mors

Postby Herr Mors » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:15 pm UTC

A lot of people in my family have mental problems. My aunt(more like great aunts daughter, which is some odd cousin I can't figure out) has OCD, and was pretty bad at one point, bad enough that even the people in my family agree that she shouldn't have kept custudy of her kids, though her ex still lets her see them regularly, and she is high functioning now. Both my Aunt and Uncle(Sister of my father, brother of my father) are dyslexic, though I'm not sure how severe it used to be. Lastly is my brother, who is extremly autistic. The only thing they said was that he was Severe PDD, after they said he wasn't autistic at all(idiots). I got a family full of wacko's. And I really only know about my dad's side of the family. The good thing is that I can almost immediatly identify someone with a mental illness, just by looking at them(I'm not sure what I notice, but I notice it.) I can also interact with them much more naturally then most. It also has helped me with concentration, as my brother used to bawl like a baboon all the time, so I find it hard to work in silence.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm UTC

Oh goddamn, Robin, you sound almost exactly like me. Definitely calling my therapist when I get back home because I seem to constantly talk to people with severe issues that remind me of myself...

Also, ADD/ADHD-specific doctors are pushing to have it set below Asperger's on the autism spectrum, which honestly makes a lot of sense since I've studied PPD and communication disorders pretty extensively and certain cases of ADD are definitely reminiscent of autism and the same parts of the brain are affected, just not to the same degree.

I know I have ADD because my entire mental landscape seems so different from other people, and it's not my behavior that sets me apart, but observing others' thought processes. For me, it's like...imagine that new thoughts are bubbles in a boiling pot, and that new topics in a conversation are radio stations being flipped through quickly--it's chaotic. I wasn't just a misbehaving child that my parents couldn't control (that couldn't be farther form the truth!), I had to realized at a young age that no one understood the way my brain worked and I just had to get over it. Writing helps me make my thoughts linear and my diction consistent. If only I could use ASL or writing all the time without being possibly insulting to deaf people, I'd be a lot happier if I wasn't expected to talk.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:35 pm UTC

imagine that new thoughts are bubbles in a boiling pot, and that new topics in a conversation are radio stations being flipped through quickly
I have that, though it's not severe enough to merit an ADD diagnosis. It does frustrate me during family arguments though, as a person will often continue driving one point even when I've listed half a dozen reasons why their premises, let alone the argument itself, are flawed. Similarly, when someone is trying to explain something to me briefly and in general terms, I often get sidetracked worrying about individual fine details and what-ifs. I think that's partly just a consequence of having a more pedantic approach to life in general, though.

Definitely easily distracted on Wikipedia, though.

I used too many "though"s there. Ah well...

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:49 pm UTC

Yes, ADD is definitely different for everyone, and most people don't feel the need for a diagnosis or therapy/med, but whereas I am easily distracted, I am also prone to hyperfocusing, obsessive overthinking, prone to tics and the like and I feel awful about it--medication helps me feel like a functioning adult. I feel as though I'm somewhere between ADD (medication makes me feel good, not lethargic or zombified) and Asperger's, but I don't know if I fit an Asperger's diagnosis neatly enough that people wouldn't just be derisive--anything that requires someone to believe they're different from others makes most people derisive or dismissive of their unique needs and wants.

Even most of the Deaf kids I know are treated like shit by their hearing parents, and some are even told they are NOT deaf and they can never tell anyone. >_> People need to accept that not everyone is "normal" (what is "normal" but disgustingly boring mediocrity?) and that that's OK; a mental disorder doesn't mean the person is using it as a crutch or that they're excusing their sometimes odd behavior, just that knowing 'what is wrong' is comforting and leads to better coping; it is important for people with any sort of issue to find others like them, because it makes coping easier.

Also, I do the Wiki-labyrinth too. It's so hard to just go, read the article, and then continue 'real' research. I get lost for hours gleefully doing Six Degrees of Separation with Wiki links. Example: "Tacoma Narrows Bridge" to "Philistine" in under 30 clicks.
Last edited by Khonsu on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:01 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 pm UTC

Wiki=The most fun you can possibly have unintentionally.

So, I have severe OCD and severe speech problems. The former makes me neurotic and panicky and efficient (and at the same time inefficient), organized and confusing, and all around strange. The second makes me difficult to understand, easy to deride, and extremely shy.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:03 pm UTC

I don't trust myself to diagnose me, and I've never even talked to any kind of professional (at least, not on the actual psychological stuff, I do have a cousin that is a neuro-chemist, but I'm pretty sure I don't have Alzheimer's (her specialty), so that does nothing). However, people have often said that I'm crazy, and I do have many traits that can be symptoms of Asperger's and other mental disorders, but I'm still pretty sure that I'm just your run-of-the-mill completely socially inept nerd with a penchant for convincing BS (which I may have; 2 points for whoever gets that reference).
I was, however, for a long time friends with a guy who had a serious case of Tourette Syndrome (not the kind that makes you swear though, that only happens in around 5-10% of the cases). It was pretty hard for him, especially in the junior-high years (I've known him since the 3rd Grade), but in high school it seemed to get better, and he controls it fairly well now....at least when he's not in the hospital due to all of the drugs the doctors insist on pumping him full of.

madjo

Postby madjo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:44 pm UTC

Khonsu wrote:imagine that new thoughts are bubbles in a boiling pot, and that new topics in a conversation are radio stations being flipped through quickly--it's chaotic.

Okay now that you mention it, I have to admit that I have something similar to this.

Sometimes I just need solitude, because of the chaos and noise in my head. No so much thoughts, but sounds (sometimes images, but mostly sounds) so much so that I can't think straight. Sounds as in a few songs stuck in my head at the same time, playing over and over again at varying speeds, and also noise from around me, only then amplified.

I always tell my family that I have a storm in my head again, and then I either let my head sink into my hands, covering my ears, because even a whisper could make it worse, or I retreat to my room and try to calm down. After a minute or five, all is clear again.
:)

You are carrying:
- a slightly paranoid Android
- two left feet (not my own)
- a still unfed and very hungry hippo
- broadsword of +5 ridiculousness stained with the blood of the undead souls
- a stetson Resistol, cuz stetson Resistols are cool.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:03 pm UTC

madjo wrote:
Khonsu wrote:imagine that new thoughts are bubbles in a boiling pot, and that new topics in a conversation are radio stations being flipped through quickly--it's chaotic.

Okay now that you mention it, I have to admit that I have something similar to this.

Sometimes I just need solitude, because of the chaos and noise in my head. No so much thoughts, but sounds (sometimes images, but mostly sounds) so much so that I can't think straight. Sounds as in a few songs stuck in my head at the same time, playing over and over again at varying speeds, and also noise from around me, only then amplified.

I always tell my family that I have a storm in my head again, and then I either let my head sink into my hands, covering my ears, because even a whisper could make it worse, or I retreat to my room and try to calm down. After a minute or five, all is clear again.

I get the same exact thing only with me solitude makes it worse because then I start thinking. Imagine a thought is a train track with a bunch of other tracks splitting along it. If I do not intensely focus myself on some task then I just go hurtling down those tracks and take every fork at once. When I have a thought in my head sometimes I can literally not get it out, it will just stick with me. One time while stargazing a LOT of things occurred to me all at once and I could literally not take in any new information. Somebody was trying to talk to me and I was unable to listen. I ultimately had to write down every thought to get rid of them.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:10 pm UTC

Something like the "train-track thought syndrome" (though, I would imagine, not so severe) is part of what motivates me in keeping a diary. Every so often, I will write an entry which covers almost every thought I have, by means of briefly mentioning each thought which occurs to me and then returning to cover individual thoughts in greater depth once my mind has calmed down a bit. These entries can approach five-figure word counts, but it is quite satisfying to get it all out of my head.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:13 pm UTC

...Some things remain in my head long after they should, certain thoughts and questions will stay with me and dog me until I finally find a way to be rid of them. Certain sounds, certain sights, certain sensations. It drives me crazy at times, incidentally, I get excused for inability to work frequently in schooling, and I sit there with a utensil and paper and try my best to clear my head.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:36 pm UTC

I counter act the sensory overload with a baggy hoodie and headphones with soft music. I realize that makes me look anti-social, but the feeling of wind, people brushing me, their warmth, and constant sound just...makes me batty. I need to buy sunglasses because my eyes are super-sensitive.
I'm going to look like a total social reject just because I don't want a panic attack due to too much sensory info. :<

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:44 pm UTC

Ah, panic attacks, my first one was on center stage in a school production.

And I used to do the sensory deprivation thing in church, though I could only get away with wearing earbuds and looking down at the floor. :(

PandaFluff
Location: NH 9 months out of the year and PA the rest of the time

Postby PandaFluff » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:13 am UTC

I have this disorder where I google search basic ailments that I have and stumble across really horrid diseases and conditions for which they are symptoms. If I'm in a bad enough mood, I may start to believe that I have said conditions. It's become troublesome on several occasions.

Also, I'm slightly eccentric and tend to troll forums.

Other than that, I am completely normal.
PF

Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:44 am UTC

I think everyone is a little crazy
Not medically crazy
Just crazy in the way they do things and see things.
I realise this is also called being an individual.
But doesnt it make everyone more interesting?
Youre all crazy and I love it.
She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here.
-Neil Gaiman

dumbclown

Postby dumbclown » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:30 am UTC

To have a specific mental illness is pretty rare. Asperger’s is a case when you have some very specific mental symptoms. You can't have mild case of Asperger's as you would need to display all of the symptoms of Asperger's.

Mental problems are always diagnosed on the symptoms a person displays not on what causes it. It is not the same as a disease such for example if you had a fever, dry eyes, runny nose and a red rash which started from your head, if you were to name this as a mental disease you couldn't call it measles you would have to call it you can't call a fever with dry eyes a runny nose and a red rash. Hence the reason they have an autistic spectrum.

Unfortunately research and treatment tend to be focused on specific groups of symptoms so they usually have to try pigeon hole you into one of the specific autism cases. I think that what wing said about funds for treatment also applies.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 am UTC

Genetic correlates for autistic spectrum disorders have been found, so it's not as though the cause is completely unknown.

You can't have mild case of Asperger's as you would need to display all of the symptoms of Asperger's.
Wrong. The whole point of the autistic spectrum is that it represents a continuum between the regular population and extreme cases. I fall in the middle, having problems severe enough that they encroach on my lifestyle yet not so debilitating that I am forced to have carers. Very few, if any, people display "all" of the symptoms of Aspergers. Instead, there is a set of common symptoms from which any one individual will have some. The only symptoms (or, more accurately, characteristics) common to all people with Asperger's are so broad that they defy precise diagnosis. For example, social impairments and certain types of linguistic peculiarities are common to everyone with Asperger's, but defining those in a diagnostically precise way is impossible so instead there are sets of precise symptoms which fall under those categories.

For a more lucid explanation, read Wikipedia's section on characteristics of Asperger's Syndrome. Note its repeated use of words such as "may" when referring to specific symptoms; yet the general characteristics are always present.

iridesce

Postby iridesce » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:00 am UTC

What does it mean when a doctor diagnoses you with autisitic tendencies?

I doubt I'm autistic. I'm social and intelligent, (though I can never get my homework done), but I have just one bizarre and constantly recurring symptom that takes a lot of will power to control.

I always found that strange. It hasn't been a problem in my life, except for freaking out the other kids in class during elementary school. Would that put me on the spectrum, or just make me one of a kind?

I'm hoping the latter. It's always nice to feel unique, even if the uniqueness isn't particularly useful. :)
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse Five

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:10 am UTC

It depends what the symptom is. From the brief description you've given, it sounds like you may have obsessive-compulsive disorder.

What does it mean when a doctor diagnoses you with autisitic tendencies?
It usually means that you have some of the symptoms of autism, but not enough to merit a full diagnosis. Alternatively, it may mean that you have display slight signs of many symptoms, but they are so weak that their impact on your day-to-day life is minimal.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:06 pm UTC

I'm not normally one to double-post, but this is an idea of the sort of things which go through my mind when I see numbers (for the sake of my mouse arm, I left it at indicating simple relationships and eventually gave up partway through):

Sorry about the height. Not a great deal I could conveniently do about it, really.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

tmad40blue

Postby tmad40blue » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:15 pm UTC

Robin: I see no relation in those. Well, I outright fail at math anyway, but I still see no relation.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:27 pm UTC

They're not really mathematical relations.

I notice repeated digits (16121, 66650, palindromic series of digits (4797), sequences of primes (22355), arithmetic, geometric and other sequences, multiples of digits (1484, 110409), squares, cubes, digits of mathematical constants (27201 since 27 = 3^3 and 2.7... = e). I also notice when a pattern of numbers, even in a transformed state, appears again in the next line. Basically, I see patterns where I shouldn't.

tmad40blue

Postby tmad40blue » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 pm UTC

...I don't see how that's "not really mathematical"... But whatever.

Amicitia

Postby Amicitia » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:38 pm UTC

Would one brag about having cancer?

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:49 pm UTC

while we're on the topic of talking about our mental states and popular disorders...

when i was a wee lad in elementary school, i was diagnosed with a minor case of ADD (not ADHD, which has a more physical control connote). since then, i've found that i'm merely easily distracted and that i get bored with things that are not of my general interest. also, i learn differently from other people. linear and detail thinking can be hard for me. conceptual thinking is easy for me to grasp (i do love math), but sometimes the details get all jumbled and i always always have trouble memorizing anything (so, ugh to equations hrm).

edit: in relation to this. coffee and cigarettes help me get through the day without spacing out. all my life i've been a spaceman. smoking and coffee make me feel normal.

also, i'm shy. it's not that i hate being socially active, because i totally love hanging out, but i never know what to say to people. some of this is lack of confidence, but i've always been sort of on the dumb side of social interaction. i tend to say what i want, and think about the consequences later.

also also, i have limp wrists. wtf. i hate this because i always look retarded in pictures where i'm drinking (ala muscles relaxed ala limp wrists!). i do it when i'm not drinking too, but it bugs me.
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:54 pm UTC

Is discussing something which affects you bragging, if it also interests and informs others? People have mentioned that they are interested in how PDDs affect the mind. I am too, partly because I am curious as to how neurotypical minds work and how I can learn to predict them in the way that they predict each other all the time, and also because I am curious as to how other sufferers' cases differ from mine, so that I can see which negative aspects of my personality are reactions to experience and therefore an easier target for attempted reversal. There are other reasons too, but most of them are harder to explain.

Also, by the very nature of my condition I tend to be somewhat egotistical. These fora seem to me like an ideal opportunity to exercise one's ego, and many avail themselves of it.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:02 pm UTC

Would you like to hear about the workings of the minds of non-PD disorders?

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:13 pm UTC

Actually, I'm very interested in the workings of any mind. I find psychology and cognitive neuroscience fascinating, but I'd be hopeless at actually studying them because so much of the understanding seems... well, subjective. Again, that was terribly put, and I'm very tired, but trying to reason scientifically about something which can itself reason tends to get my mind tied in knots.

Return to “General”