XKCD Tie

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Cervisiae Amatorem

XKCD Tie

Postby Cervisiae Amatorem » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

I don't know how to say this without hurting feelings, but I find the tie.. lacking.

I am very much in the market for a seriously nerdy tie. An inside joke but not too inside. Something classy that I could wear to a job interview that says to the non-xkcd fan this guy is quirky but professional, and to the true fan hey I know that reference.

I'm not a fashion designer, and no I don't think I could do better. But I would know it if I saw it, and as much as I want to, I don't see it here.

gordo

Re: XKCD Tie

Postby gordo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 pm UTC

I never really realized there was an xkcd tie. But I do agree with you; it appears too crowded to me. Something less crowded (like the Hat Guy Polo) would lend itself much more for being worn to occasions where a tie is required.

Postby AvatarIII » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:02 pm UTC

So you want something like this V but for xkcd?

ApexPredator

Postby ApexPredator » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 am UTC

I always liked the picture of the guy ready to joust windmills...
http://xkcd.com/556/

it could incorporate that maybe with the guy galloping a across at a windmill that is running away or toward. That was my initial thought when I saw it.

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 am UTC

ApexPredator wrote:I always liked the picture of the guy ready to joust windmills...
http://xkcd.com/556/

it could incorporate that maybe with the guy galloping a across at a windmill that is running away or toward. That was my initial thought when I saw it.

I think the reason Randall didn't is because that character is Picasso's rendition of Don Quixote and, not being one of the characters actually fro xkcd doesn't really fit with the theme of the tie.

Anyway, because this seems pretty one-sided so far, I thought I'd say that I actually like the tie.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Return to “General”