XP SP2 Scheduled Task Doesn't Run

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

'; DROP DATABASE;--

XP SP2 Scheduled Task Doesn't Run

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:06 pm UTC

I had this working before I reinstalled, but now it just refuses to run:

Code: Select all

at 11:00 /interactive /every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su c:\apps\mysqlbackup
C:\apps\mysqlbackup.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqldump" --all-databases --compact --flush-privileges --force -r f:\temp\dump.sql --routines --user=removed --password=removed
C:\apps\7z a -y f:\temp\sqldump.7z f:\temp\dump.sql
move f:\temp\sqldump.7z "F:\etc\backup\MySQL\%date:/=-%.7z"
del f:\temp\dump.sql
pause
It was originally working without having the full paths to mysqldump and 7z but I added them in hopes it would help. It works just fine if I run it from the command line myself, but when I schedule it, nothing happens. Just this very unhelpful output from the 'at' command the next time I run it:

Status ID   Day                     Time          Command Line
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error   1   Each M T W Th F S Su    11:00 AM      c:\apps\mysqlbackup
So how do I find out what's going wrong? Trick is I'm not sure if that was the exact command line I used last time.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

someguy

Re: XP SP2 Scheduled Task Doesn't Run

Postby someguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

Anything in the Event Log? Also, just a wild guess but shouldn't you include the extension at the end of the at line? Does the user account with which the job is being run have the necessary permissions in the C:\apps folder?

Just what I'd check.
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

Oh, there is too. Cannot find file. You might be on to something there, although I don't have to add the extension when typing it in the console. :?
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

someguy

Postby someguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Oh, there is too. Cannot find file. You might be on to something there, although I don't have to add the extension when typing it in the console. :?

Then you could try adding the extension, as a first measure. If that doesn't work check whether the user under which the job runs has the proper permissions in the folder where your batch file resides. Good luck!
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

Return to “The Help Desk”