Video Converting

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

madmsk

Video Converting

Postby madmsk » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 pm UTC

Hey guys, I recently got a hold of a Torrent Bytes account, so I downloaded some videos, and now I'm attempting to stream them to my xbox 360. I've got most of them working, but a few of the files were .mkv files and .ogm files. So I need to convert them to .avis or something else my xbox can play. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cadmus

Re: Video Converting

Postby Cadmus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:07 pm UTC

I use Handbrake myself, seems to swallow anything I can feed it, you can do batching and have presets for certain targets.

hintss

Postby hintss » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 pm UTC

vlc??

keeperofdakeys

Postby keeperofdakeys » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:28 am UTC

There is a chance that the videos might work if you change their container from mkv or ogm to avi. You will need to remux the files, unfortunately I only know how to do it complicated ways. You could try ffmpeg, download it from http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/ffmpeg-latest-mingw32-static.7z. To use it extract it to a folder, then run cmd. Navigate to that folder and into the bin folder and type the command: <i>ffmpeg -i "C:/path/to/input.mkv" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "C:/path/to/output.avi"</i>
If you want another program, you might try Super.

Return to “The Help Desk”