Web Browser not working due to windows error

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Afif_D

Web Browser not working due to windows error

Postby Afif_D » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 am UTC

So i had three web browsers installed Internet explorer , Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Suddenly none of them would even start. Every time they are started all i get is an error message saying pages wont load.

I re installed them but still they ain't working. So i installed opera (this browser was never before installed in my computer) and its the only browser thats working. Help me . Whats the problem??

Copper Bezel

Re: Web Browser not working due to windows error

Postby Copper Bezel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:19 am UTC

Sudden browser problems like this are usually the result of a virus. Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed?
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

Proginoskes

Postby Proginoskes » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 am UTC

Internet Explorer.

IE is always the problem.

Afif_D

Postby Afif_D » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:11 pm UTC

No I don't have. I always feel windows 7 is a lot of problem . Is switchin to xp better?

Copper Bezel

Postby Copper Bezel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

No, it's really not. Windows 7 is far more secure and does a lot of stuff XP doesn't.

MSE is free. Get it here.
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow (>= XXII) but it is not going to be installed.

she / her / her

Panonadin

Postby Panonadin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

Please don't jump on the Microsoft is bad bandwagon. A lot and I mean a majority of their products are very refined and user friendly.

As someone else stated it sounds like it could be a virus or just an internet connection issue. Are you able to access other things that connect you to the web? Messenger programs, games, etc.

Also I 2nd the MSE suggestion.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

cphite

Postby cphite » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 pm UTC

Afif_D wrote:So i had three web browsers installed Internet explorer , Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Suddenly none of them would even start. Every time they are started all i get is an error message saying pages wont load.

I re installed them but still they ain't working. So i installed opera (this browser was never before installed in my computer) and its the only browser thats working. Help me . Whats the problem??

The fact that three browsers already installed stopped working and one newly installed browser works suggests a virus. Grab yourself a copy of MalwareBytes and run a full scan.

And if you're not running an AV program, definitely get one. MSE is free and it does a great job, and you'll hardly notice it's there.

mitch1423

Postby mitch1423 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:12 am UTC

What they said earlier, get a copy of MSE and run a full scan. I've had problems like this before, although not just with web browsers, on computers with viruses. It was easily removed using MSE.

eligitine

Postby eligitine » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm UTC

cphite wrote:The fact that three browsers already installed stopped working and one newly installed browser works suggests a virus. Grab yourself a copy of MalwareBytes and run a full scan.

And if you're not running an AV program, definitely get one. MSE is free and it does a great job, and you'll hardly notice it's there.

Opera is not the problem here, I can confirm that for sure. I use the browser constantly. Its on most mobile devices. I do however, recomend malwarebytes.
I edit an unreasonable amount of times.

Return to “The Help Desk”