Help with windows movie maker needed...

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Alder

Help with windows movie maker needed...

Postby Alder » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm UTC

I know, I know, it's not very good, there's better stuff out there etc, but I'm strapped for cash at the moment, and it did what I needed and now it's stopped working at random!

Basically, it worked fine from when I bought my current laptop in March, and then stopped working about a month ago. (Mere weeks after I'd started using it more regularly. Grr.) I get an error message:

"Sorry, Movie Maker can't start. Please make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements before trying to start WMM again, then try to update the driver for your video card if Movie Maker still doesn't start."

Now - it worked fine before, so the minimum system requirements appear to be ok. I'd not long updated the video card drivers because of another issue, so THEY should've been ok too, but I got someone to talk me through it [I'm pretty technically inept at this stuff] and it basically said "What're you talking about? You have the most recent drivers!"

I assume that at some point, something has updated that put Movie Maker and my system out of synch, but I don't know what and don't know how to find out - the only help stuff I've found online takes me back to "check the system, then the video card drivers" and doesn't go to "...and if that doesn't work, maybe it's..."

Can someone help? If there's more specific information you need, ask and I'll post it... but please bear in mind I don't really understand this stuff, though I can follow instructions! :D
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

Return to “The Help Desk”