Titanfall

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Titanfall

Postby Xeio » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:11 am UTC

So, no Titanfall topic yet as I could see.

Beta invites going out tonight if you're registered (both Xbox One and PC). I'm not really expecting any "CoD killer" (which is a ridiculous thing to expect anyway), but an addition to the FPS genre that mixes up the formula a bit? Yea, that could be nice. I do still have my reservations about the AI grunts, though guess I'll have to wait to see how they play out.

Probably more sorely needed on the XBOne given the lack of next gen anything, but I'll be getting it for PC if I pick it up.

Jar'O'Jam

Re: Titanfall

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:01 pm UTC

Beta has two maps, three game modes ( TDM, Domination, Last Titan Standing ) and 14 levels. So far my only peeve is lack of team balancing or team scrambling features - teams stay exactly the same from game to game, unless someone quits. Then again, it can be a good thing - after all, you can always quit and find another lobby.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm UTC

I hope they improve the lobby to have a faster start too once the game is full. Not much point in waiting 50 seconds once the lobby is full.

Between the map names (~15 of them) and game modes that have been dumped (Capture the Titan?) it looks like there should be some nice variety at launch.

I pre-ordered it, now to wait a few weeks for release...

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:58 pm UTC

I played it and enjoyed it, but I absolutely hate matchmaking. It lacks any real way to get rid of hackers aside from just leaving, and if you want to play with friends, you can never actually play against them. Plus the lack of any real community that can develop from not just having servers, it saddens me.

Return to “Gaming”