Pinball 3D Space Cadet (for Windows)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Rhombic

Pinball 3D Space Cadet (for Windows)

Postby Rhombic » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:15 pm UTC

I'm sure that many of you have played that almost vintage computer game that was in Windows 2000 and a few other ones.
Well, I downloaded it a few days ago and I thought that I might start a thread in case any of you remember it.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Re: Pinball 3D Space Cadet (for Windows)

Postby Xanthir » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:35 am UTC

I got ridiculously good at it while lifeguarding at college; we had an unofficial office leaderboard going. It was a pretty fun pinball game!
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Jorpho

Re: Pinball 3D Space Cadet (for Windows)

Postby Jorpho » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 am UTC

Rhombic wrote:Well, I downloaded it a few days ago and I thought that I might start a thread in case any of you remember it.
Sometimes when starting a thread, it does help a bit if you have something constructive to say, y'know.

I have a copy of Full Tilt Pinball around somewhere; that's the full, 3-table version of the game published by Maxis which included proper multiball play.

Raymond Chen mentioned that the game couldn't be ported to 64-bit Windows, which is why we don't see any sign of it anymore.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/arc ... 78851.aspx

I would be intrigued as to whether anyone here ever actually managed to make it to the "Maelstrom" mode described in the Help file without cheating. It sounds difficult and laborious.

Return to “Gaming”