NationStates

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

pemcat

Re: Nationstates - F2P Text-Based MMO, join the xkcd region!

Postby pemcat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:31 am UTC

Can I have a mask? Pretty please? I'm House Pendragon in the game, and pen11 on the forums.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am UTC

This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

wst

Postby wst » Sat May 03, 2008 8:33 pm UTC

I love issues :D
The Issue

Scientists have announced they are close to a breakthrough in their quest to revive the feather-bellied raptor, a species related to Black-stripe's national animal that has been extinct for more than a century.
The Debate

(... 2 boring arguments...)

3. "Now, come on," says Violet Summers, well-known philosopher. "You don't need to be religious to be unnerved by the top of this particular slippery slope. Today it's raptors, tomorrow it's dinosaurs, and we all know how that turns out. This research shouldn't be banned, but there must be strict government controls over its use."

I chose option 1.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

sparks

Postby sparks » Sun May 18, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

Awesome!!

I was so addicted to nationstates back in the day, then went AWOL for a while. I'm back now, though, and I am "The Free Land Of Derham".
(icon by clockwork-harlequin.net)
"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

4=5

Postby 4=5 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 am UTC

NS2 will be free-to-play. However you can also upgrade your account, which will grant access to premium features

damn! that is one of the things I loved there was no extra money features, everything was in the mind and organization.

sparks

Postby sparks » Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 am UTC

4=5 wrote:NS2 will be free-to-play. However you can also upgrade your account, which will grant access to premium features

damn! that is one of the things I loved there was no extra money features, everything was in the mind and organization.

Damn, I hate "pay for extra features" things. Does nobody ever think of us poor students?! If it's not too expensive I might as well get them, though.
(icon by clockwork-harlequin.net)
"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

Billy5545

NationStates

Postby Billy5545 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am UTC

Hello. Welcome to this thread. Anyway, here, any NS players can gather to talk about, discuss, etc.

So, for any xkcd'ers, do you play NS? And if so, what nation are you playing as?

In NS, I'm playing as The Federation of Kendor

Return to “Gaming”