Urban dead (GRAAAH!!!)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Re: Urban dead (GRAAAH!!!)

Postby no-genius » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 am UTC

I got revived!!

Anyone still need a revive?
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 pm UTC

I do, I am a corpse outside of the Parslow building.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:26 pm UTC

Parslow is patched up. There's zeds nearby, but no standing ones directly outside the building. I'm going to sleep here in an attempt to retake the place...

Bring on the meatshield!

Ishindri

Postby Ishindri » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

At the moment, I am the only zombie outside the Parslow building, and yes, I need a revive.
All is well. We are not like the others.

Mat

Postby Mat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

woo I'm alive! thanks Adventurer. I'm staying at the mall for now, but I've got some syringes so I can revive people tommorow

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

dwadaw adawd, a level 1 dude, just charged in and shot me a bunch. Then Dr Mat healed me. Then both buggered off. Random?

Anyway: we need a bigger meat shield at Parslow. It's just me at the moment, and no zeds.

Mat

Postby Mat » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 am UTC

ah, sorry about that. I was just passing by on my way to the mall - didn't want to risk dying again so soon after being revived. I'll come back when I get some more AP.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 am UTC

thanks for the health anyway :) I haven't got my FA skill yet.

tzar1990

Postby tzar1990 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am UTC

Hey, does anyone mind if I join up with the group? I currently have a level 8 civilian named Red Tzar, with Hand-to-hand Combat, Axe Proficiency, Free Running, NecroTech Employment, Lab Experience, First Aid, Diagnosis and Construction. I would have linked directly to my profile, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm in brooksville right now, but I'll head to the base once I have the AP to do so.

Also, can I use syringes with just Lab Experience, or do I need to wait another level to buy that ability?
The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm UTC

You only need lab experience to use syringes, but if you want to make syringes (which really you don't need to, if the NT is powered), then you need the other NT skill.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

The status reports here are pretty funny :)

I think the new rules are a good thing actually: we should feel terror when an immense zombie horde turns up :)

Phen

Postby Phen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

Can I join? I will have to find the HQ first, but...

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1111850
I'm a wizard. We know these things.

In war, one should seek to take and hold the high ground. From there, the enemy's movements are clearly visible, and he will struggle just to reach you, let alone fight you. High orbit is the highest ground there is.

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:34 am UTC

Just signed up. Wandered around for quite a while trying to find zombies, and finally found some. After some axing, I'm now hiding in a club in Kempsterbank. On the plus side, I found beer. Delicious beer.

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

Nullcline

Postby Nullcline » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:22 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:The status reports here are pretty funny :)

I think the new rules are a good thing actually: we should feel terror when an immense zombie horde turns up :)

The change is great for low-zombie areas(my feral in East Greyside is having a lot of fun right now,) but I don't like what it's done for large hordes. The success of the beach head tactic doesn't depend on the ratio of humans to zeds, but only on how many zeds there are. Not that the change was entirely bad, it just needs to be twerked a smidge in favor of the survivors. I'm unsure what such a change would be, but I'm leaning towards suggesting a small change in the headshot skill(maybe +1(or 2) to how many APs it takes away.) Something that would have little effect per use, but would quickly add up in larger encounters.

Anyways, you guys should stop pussyfooting over in Randallbank and join me up in Roywood. :twisted:

EDIT: Make sure to bring a toolbox. :wink:
Don't cross me.

Viking67

Postby Viking67 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Nullcline wrote:The change is great for low-zombie areas(my feral in East Greyside is having a lot of fun right now,) but I don't like what it's done for large hordes. The success of the beach head tactic doesn't depend on the ratio of humans to zeds, but only on how many zeds there are. Not that the change was entirely bad, it just needs to be twerked a smidge in favor of the survivors. I'm unsure what such a change would be, but I'm leaning towards suggesting a small change in the headshot skill(maybe +1(or 2) to how many APs it takes away.) Something that would have little effect per use, but would quickly add up in larger encounters.

+1 to that; I was at Giddings mall when it fell and I can't help but feel there's something slightly wrong when a zombie horde takes down a group of well-armed humans three times its size.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:14 am UTC

Realistically, the zombies should be weak in small quantities, but fearful in numbers. Unfortunately, the survivors outnumber the zombies, so that's not going to work so well...

I would possibly twerk the game in the survivors' favour by giving zeds an additional AP penalty when they get killed, even without a headshot. Currently it still takes a lot more AP to bring back a human than to stand up as a zombie, even without ankle grab.

A realistic addition would be to let survivors fire out from barricades at zombies outside on the same block, but that would be a huge change in the balance. The zombies would have to be boosted somewhat so that the zombies get slaughtered while they are outside, but as soon as they get in, the humans are doomed.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:34 am UTC

It would be super cool if someone would resurrect me (do I need to stand up?) I am outside of Parslow.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:35 am UTC

If you're undead please move to Breddy park, the nearest registered revive point. Because of the break-ins I'm forced to kill any Zed I see outside Parslow.

FoS

Postby FoS » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:28 am UTC

I got revived and i moved into a well barricaded Policestation. I searched a bit for some Ammo and I don't know why but one of the other players decided to kill me and throw me out.
Was possibly the most annoying thing to happen to me in this game.

Now I can't find a single place not full of Zeds so I can lurk waiting for a revive. I refuse to attack players as a Zed because I'm all for being a Survivor.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 am UTC

ZeroSum wrote:If you're undead please move to Breddy park, the nearest registered revive point. Because of the break-ins I'm forced to kill any Zed I see outside Parslow.

Or at least post your profile so we'd be able to revive you. (Have you alread y done this? Mine is http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1027588)

Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:15 pm UTC

just in case people don't know this, if add other people to your contacts and assign them a colour, it'll highlight their name and you can recognise them even when they're (un)dead. I've got it so that everyone in the xkcd group shows up blue.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 pm UTC

FoS wrote:I got revived and i moved into a well barricaded Policestation. I searched a bit for some Ammo and I don't know why but one of the other players decided to kill me and throw me out.
Was possibly the most annoying thing to happen to me in this game.

There are PKers about. It's part of the game. Often it's worth checking if people are in a PK clan by looking at their profile.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

I once got ganked in the middle of a crowded mall for no reason. It sucked.

Loyal2NES

Postby Loyal2NES » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:29 pm UTC

I used to play the game. I ended up quitting shortly after Zombies got the "Large Building travel" buff and they went on their citywide tour of destruction.Quitting was unrelated. I enjoyed every minute of the raid despite being on the victim side. I have reason to believe I was at least partially responsible for the successful evacuation of a southeastern mall just before the zeds got in... and the posts of disappointment on the forum ("Where did all the humans go? :*(") were most satisfying.

But alas, I grew bored.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

So... the big bash is in a suburb diagonal to us...

What's the plan when they turn up?

Inspired by this:

Loyal2NES wrote:I have reason to believe I was at least partially responsible for the successful evacuation of a southeastern mall just before the zeds got in... and the posts of disappointment on the forum ("Where did all the humans go? :*(") were most satisfying.

We could run off to say, Pitneybank and let them do what they want. Maybe we could encourage the Tynters to do the same.

Alternately, we could just go and help the folks in Tynte mall, or the surrounding area.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

I had posted my character name but not this.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 pm UTC

SpitValve wrote:What's the plan when they turn up?
If the Tynte guys are going to stay and fight I'll join them in the effort. Otherwise I'm booking it to Giddings.

The Spherical Cow

Postby The Spherical Cow » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm UTC

I've just joined the group, though I've been playing for a wee while. I'm "Octoped".

Is there anywhere else I need to add myself?

Viking67

Postby Viking67 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:36 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:It would be super cool if someone would resurrect me (do I need to stand up?) I am outside of Parslow.

Yes, you need to stand up. I'll remember not to kill anymore zombies standing around out there.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:34 pm UTC

The nearest revive point to Parslow is Breddy Park. Due to recent break-ins at Parslow and Tynte I am forced to kill any zombies I see not at Breddy Park.

Tynte NE and NW corners are damaged.

wst

Postby wst » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 pm UTC

Meteorswarm wrote:I just restarted my account (wirecutters, bitches!), and I'm gathering two friends (one is a fellow xkcd reader) in Old Arkham. Should we make our way to your suburb? One of these friends just started, should I help him first?

Give us lot in the Defender of New Arkham a visit. Have a little party somewhere there, and stuff ;)

Co-ordinates on request ;)
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:38 am UTC

I AM ZOMBIE SLAYER!!!!

I killed a zombie. Don't tell anyone the zombie only had 4HP when I found him. And now I'm half way to getting hand-to-hand combat making my zombie slaying skills that much awesomer. I'm so pleased.

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am UTC

Meteorswarm wrote:Is surgery worth getting? I have all the other science skills except it, and it seems like kind of a waste. If not, I'm going for axes.

I got it, but mainly 'cause there weren't many other skills left. It would probably be useful if you were based near a hospital, but then most people in hospitals are max'd up anyways, HP-wise.

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:07 pm UTC

I R DEAD!

Fell asleep on the street in Roftwood and was promptly mauled to death. Now waiting for a revive at Cake Walk. Anyone?

wst

Postby wst » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:28 pm UTC

Meteorswarm wrote:Isn't New Arkham a ghost town? I'll need zeds to tag if you want me to stay, or I start killing humans for exp >.<

Is surgery worth getting? I have all the other science skills except it, and it seems like kind of a waste. If not, I'm going for axes.

A lot of people need revives. A lot of ruins as well :( A bit of a mess. But a few zeds here and there. Quite a few in the ruins (that I haven't looked inside yet)
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 am UTC

Second Big Bash on wiki.urbandead.com wrote:Where is the Second Big Bash?

Huntley Heights, feel free to spread out into Heytown and Randallbank as well, I'd love to see them ruined as well.

Doom!

tzar1990

Postby tzar1990 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:43 am UTC

Hey, if it's not too much trouble, would somebody mind reviving me? I'm currently at the cemetary 5 east of Parslow (in heytown), but I don't mind if you'd rather have me wait somewhere else.
The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:34 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:
Second Big Bash on wiki.urbandead.com wrote:Where is the Second Big Bash?

Huntley Heights, feel free to spread out into Heytown and Randallbank as well, I'd love to see them ruined as well.

Doom!

Shit, no!

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

So what's the plan? Stand at Parslow, Tynte or flee?

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

I guess Tynte has more people in it, but then if we all left Parslow, it would be worse for the ones left behind. I'm probably going to stay at Parslow for the moment (actually, I'm at Tynte right now, but meh), and maybe move to Tynte when there's loadsa zombies outside.

Having said that, 'flee' has always appealed to me. Me is confused :(

Return to “Gaming”