Fallout 3!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Re: Fallout 3!

Postby SoapyHobo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 am UTC

Rippy wrote:
SoapyHobo wrote:I'd actually like to take back my statement about the tesla armour, I've found something better, a unique mint condition set of original T-51b power armour with a DR of 60.
What are the stats on it, i.e. STR and AGI bonuses? Same as Brotherhood armour?
No STR/AGI bonuses but +25% Rad. Resistance and it's 5 units lighter. The helmet is the same as Brotherhood armour, just looks different.
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 am UTC

Just finished the main quest, and wowzers that ending sucked. That will seriously go down in history as one of gamings worst endings ever - you get to the climax of the story, make your decision and... instant cut away to some grey pictures (of some random dude I've never seen before, for the record), with some generic voice over. When they talked about 3000954 different endings, I was assuming all these big moral choices would play into the ending, but only two or three were mentioned at all, and then only vaguely. The entire thing lasted 15 seconds! I can't believe how terrible that was.

Sigh. The story all round was pretty bad, actually. Just like with Oblivion, the main quest was by far the worst part of the game. Side quests are where it's at.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 pm UTC

SoapyHobo wrote:I'd actually like to take back my statement about the tesla armour, I've found something better, a unique mint condition set of original T-51b power armour with a DR of 60.

Unfortunately, you can't repair it yourself. The 60 DR isn't going to last forever.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:50 pm UTC

I am only using small guns and am running into the ammo problems. I have to carry like 5 different weapons just to have enough ammo. I am only level 7, so I took a break from quests and just started wandering around. I got near the capital and fought a LOT of super mutants. After finishing killing about 10 of them, I realized they take a LOT of bullets to kill and had seriously depleated my ammo stores. So I guess I am asking two things.

1) Are there more powerful pistols in the game? I took the gunslinger perk and get massive hit percentages for tons of criticals on the head, but the guns do soo little damage. ( my best is currently the 10 mm pistol)

2) Has anyone else found that you need to diversify weapon skills because of ammo limitations?

Ixtellor

P.S. On my next character I am going to go total psycho and see how that works out.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:58 pm UTC

1) Are there more powerful pistols in the game? I took the gunslinger perk and get massive hit percentages for tons of criticals on the head, but the guns do soo little damage. ( my best is currently the 10 mm pistol)

2) Has anyone else found that you need to diversify weapon skills because of ammo limitations?
Well again with the "small guns" skill you also get Assault rifles, Shotguns, Sniper Rifle, SMG(But thats a bigger waste), scoped revolver. But in any case, there's no big shame in putting skill points into a backup ranged weapon skill such as energy weapons or big guns, or even explosives (a favorite of mine).

Speaking of explosives, i was toying with the death physics engine off the Arefu bridge. I shoot someone and let everyone kill me, I watch as I plummet all the way down, that was fun. Then I blew myself up over the bridge, and that was alright.

Then I noticed the 11 frag mines and 9 bottlecap mines still in my inventory. I dropped all of them over a the bridge onto the land next to the river below. They scattered about 3-5 yards in a random direction, but as mines they dont bounce too much which is nice. I quicksaved, and proceeded to jump off the side of the bridge onto the mines. Nothing happens; stupid death cancelling out mine activation....

I loaded back up, got a grenade out, and lobbed it at the ground as I was falling, about 10 feet away from the ground. I die, the death music starts up, but in about 2-3 seconds theres a rediculous BAM and the next thing my computer monitor shows me is my body flying PAST THE BRIDGE and into the atmosphere. Absolutely fantastic. The bridge was an amazing point of reference for how far I flew. Can I stop the loading after the death cam pops up, so I can view where I land?

Anyways I'm trying to use the right amount of explosives that will land my body back up onto the Arefu bridge before it loads back to the prevous save... So i can't fly up TOO far. I'm no Dr. McNinja but with enough tries I think I can pull it off.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:38 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:I am only using small guns and am running into the ammo problems. I have to carry like 5 different weapons just to have enough ammo. I am only level 7, so I took a break from quests and just started wandering around. I got near the capital and fought a LOT of super mutants. After finishing killing about 10 of them, I realized they take a LOT of bullets to kill and had seriously depleated my ammo stores. So I guess I am asking two things.

In terms of pistols the only good ones are the scoped 44 and sydney's Ultra SMG. Getting Sydney's gun the good way takes some effort, but you could just let her die to Mutants/Robots when getting the Declaration of Independence and then loot her body.

Small guns has so much diversity you don't need another weapon skill. The 10mm stuff is practically useless against almost everything that has any armor though. .32 Ammo you use for hunting rifles which are very very strong throughout the game. Theres .308 for your sniper rifle, shotgun shells for the shotgun, .44 ammo for your revolver and Lincoln's rifle and your basic 5.56 ammo for assault rifles. Really things get a TON easier when you get Lincoln's rifle from the museum of history. You really just need that and a shotgun to kill anything in the game.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 pm UTC

Ive found the first thing that actually grates about the game.

(Spoilered for potential spoilers for people who haven't got further than an hour into the game)

Spoiler:
I was doing the Power of the Atom quest and i had a devious idea to agree to rig the bomb, rig it then travel to the bad guys headquaters. Then i could take out the two big evil guys (Which does actually result in good Karma pleasingly, and storm out then derig the bomb. Not only deactivating the bomb but removing a rather nasty type who would prehaps come back to destroy it in the future. However if you do rig the bomb there is no going back, you can either blow it up or kill the guy who set it and get no reward at all.

Slightly disapointing i have to admit but im going for a compromise and just going to do it the standard way then go to Tenpenny tower and kill him anyway

Also im restarting again as a sneeky sneeky Charismatic small guns user and i was just wondering, is Luck going to be at all useful realy. The first shot is always going to be a critical and the kill should be fairly easy beyond that. i quite like having high luck but if i leave it at 5 and take finesse later it leaves me the luxuary of a high perception which is damned useful for sneeky types.
One day something wity and original will appear here

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:18 pm UTC

The guns I carry at level 7 are:
10mm pistol
10mm sub machine gun
hunting rifle
assault rifle
.32 pistol
combat shotgun
Sniper rifle

I mostly use the assult rifle, but killing 6 super mutants will take TONS of rounds.

I did the quest where I got the satellite thing from a museum, was I supposed to find lincolns rifle in there?

Ixtellor

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

No, Lincoln's Repeater is in the Museum of History. It isn't far from the Museum of Technology, like across the road (or pile of rubble) or so.

I just made and tried out a Railway Rifle today. It's uh... not that good. It killed a mirelurk I encountered very quickly, but I ended up killing the supermutants with my assault rifle. I think it's good at crippling limbs. It did it a lot when I tried it out. Crippled a mirelurk's face the very first shot. I don't find the sound quite as annoying as I thought I would though.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 pm UTC

If you're good with hotkeys and switching out weapons, the railway rifle is a good opener so that you can switch to something else to take advantage of the injured limb. Its the gun-version of a grenade or mine.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:13 pm UTC

I stumbled across the Republic of Dave.

Aswell as a nice Bobblehead i pickpocketed a key of our noble leader and stole 'Ol Painless'. Not a great gun at fight sight but the damage isnt shabby and it uses .32 and doesnt eat ammo and repairs using Hunting Rifles which are on almost all Super Mutants. Makes it very sustainable and its become my staple weapon at around level 5 with a sneeky small guns char as sniper ammo is hard to come by.

I also found vault 108

Worth checking out, its pretty cool/creepy and theres Charisma bobble in it for you

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:21 pm UTC

Dart gun is way better for injuring legs though. Basically, it's an instant leg cripple no matter where you hit.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Is Vault 108 the one with the
Spoiler:
Gary clones? I felt bad every time I killed one because when they die they usually go "Gaarrryyy!" in a way that makes me feel like I've just gunned down someone with a mental disability.

Vault 92 is quite poignant.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Oh, one other thing I was wondering: I played most of the side quests (left a couple of vaults and Oasis for later playthroughs), and finished the main quest, yet never came across a single "Deathclaw", which I heard a lot about online. What's the deal there? Are they only tucked away in some obscure side quest or something? I was looking forward to a tougher/more interesting enemy...

Anyway, I've started my second playthrough, going for pretty much the opposite of my first guy. So I'm playing a female (to my utter shock I managed to make her pretty hawt, actually... making her entirely unique in the Wasteland), charge-in-guns-blazing, melee and energy weapons using evil psychopath. I'm going for perks and methods that unlock any content I missed the first time - Black Widow and so on.

It's kinda tough being as evil as possible to everyone you meet. I feel sorry for the universe I have unleashed this monster into. Beating people to death with a baseball bat after you've told them once they give you what you want you'll leave them and their family alone is sickeningly fun, though.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Oh, one other thing I was wondering: I played most of the side quests (left a couple of vaults and Oasis for later playthroughs), and finished the main quest, yet never came across a single "Deathclaw", which I heard a lot about online. What's the deal there? Are they only tucked away in some obscure side quest or something? I was looking forward to a tougher/more interesting enemy...

First of all, I think you need to be a pretty high level to start seeing them (I saw them at level 17). I think they also only appear in certain areas. For me, this was the North-Eastern part of the map, by Vault 87 (I think...? Whatever the vault is that's in that general area).

They are pretty damn tough. I had a hard time killing them even in Easy mode. (ended up using my small supply of Combat Shotgun ammo in a panic just to survive)

Also, I thought I'd mention that I find the 50's music in the game to be rockin'. I always thought I hated that kind of old timey music, but some of it's really catchy. (I'm repairing the GNR relay on my second playthrough just to have a good signal for listening to music)

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Oh, one other thing I was wondering: I played most of the side quests (left a couple of vaults and Oasis for later playthroughs), and finished the main quest, yet never came across a single "Deathclaw", which I heard a lot about online. What's the deal there? Are they only tucked away in some obscure side quest or something? I was looking forward to a tougher/more interesting enemy...

I've only seen four Deathclaws, and out of those four killed three. So I guess I see how you could have missed them. Most of them were by Old Olney, towards the top of the map and near Vault 92. While I was wandering, one somehow managed to sneak up on me and hit me a few times. I dropped to about half health quickly.

Speaking of vaults, Vault 106 is creepy. Pay it a visit sometime.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:23 pm UTC

I saw a dead deathclaw. It was really funny cause I wander over to the super duper mart, and the random peopel around it start going "Thank you! here, have this" and they gave me a map. I go around and there's this dead deathclaw. I assume they killed it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Phen

Postby Phen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:Dart gun is way better for injuring legs though. Basically, it's an instant leg cripple no matter where you hit.

HOW DO YOU GET (The schematics) FOR IT? I heard about so, but no luck getting it yet. I heard it was supposed to be gotten from Paradise Falls or something.
I'm a wizard. We know these things.

In war, one should seek to take and hold the high ground. From there, the enemy's movements are clearly visible, and he will struggle just to reach you, let alone fight you. High orbit is the highest ground there is.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:Is Vault 108 the one with the
Spoiler:
Gary clones? I felt bad every time I killed one because when they die they usually go "Gaarrryyy!" in a way that makes me feel like I've just gunned down someone with a mental disability.

It is indeed. I did feel slightly guilty but then again they shot first, i made sure there was no way of befriending them.

Also ive been wondering about the feasability of playing the game as a homicidal maniac, not realy evil but simply killing everyone and everything that you come across. Would the game fast become boring or would it be nigh on impossible or both?

Phen

Postby Phen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I saw a dead deathclaw. It was really funny cause I wander over to the super duper mart, and the random peopel around it start going "Thank you! here, have this" and they gave me a map. I go around and there's this dead deathclaw. I assume they killed it.

First playthrough for me I killed it and found the bodies of a lot of wastelanders there. Next time, they just congratulated me, even though if never appeared.
I'm a wizard. We know these things.

In war, one should seek to take and hold the high ground. From there, the enemy's movements are clearly visible, and he will struggle just to reach you, let alone fight you. High orbit is the highest ground there is.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 pm UTC

Question: If you blow up Megaton without getting any information out of Moriarity, how are you supposed to continue the main quest? I know I can just go straight to GNR or Rivet City, but if this was my first playthrough I'd be totaly stuck.

Tenpenny Towers kind of sucks in comparison to Megaton. As far as I can tell, there's only one quest to do, not counting the one that takes you there. Megaton has a lot more to do, see, and hear within.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

Irrefutable wrote:
thecommabandit wrote:Is Vault 108 the one with the
Spoiler:

It is indeed. I did feel slightly guilty but then again they shot first, i made sure there was no way of befriending them.

Also ive been wondering about the feasability of playing the game as a homicidal maniac, not realy evil but simply killing everyone and everything that you come across. Would the game fast become boring or would it be nigh on impossible or both?

Definitely both. Many people are invincible and come back to life in mere seconds. They'll wear down your supplies, health, and ammo eventually, considering they have an infinite amount of each.

(Sorry for double-post, can't quote in an edit on this thing.)

Xaddak

Postby Xaddak » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Question: If you blow up Megaton without getting any information out of Moriarity, how are you supposed to continue the main quest? I know I can just go straight to GNR or Rivet City, but if this was my first playthrough I'd be totaly stuck.

Tenpenny Towers kind of sucks in comparison to Megaton. As far as I can tell, there's only one quest to do, not counting the one that takes you there. Megaton has a lot more to do, see, and hear within.

Three Dog actually mentioned once on the radio, fairly early in the game, that Dad stopped by the studio. Not much of a clue, especially if you aren't listening to the radio, but a clue nonetheless.
Are you on this forum? Do you play EVE? Then join the xkcd channel! In your chat window, click on the speech bubble in the upper right corner. In the window that opens, type in xkcd and hit join.

-X

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

But how would you know how to get there? It's not on my map or anything. And does anyone listen to GNR so early on, given its terrible quality?

You can get Rivet City on your map from a variety of sources early on, so you'd probably head there eventually, but that means skipping a big chunk of the quest.

Xaddak

Postby Xaddak » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:45 pm UTC

I found GNR by accident on my very first playthrough. I was avoiding Megaton, you see, because I was avoiding the main quest, and I stumbled onto the Lyon's Pride in downtown D.C. Oh, irony.
Are you on this forum? Do you play EVE? Then join the xkcd channel! In your chat window, click on the speech bubble in the upper right corner. In the window that opens, type in xkcd and hit join.

-X

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Definitely both. Many people are invincible and come back to life in mere seconds. They'll wear down your supplies, health, and ammo eventually, considering they have an infinite amount of each.

(Sorry for double-post, can't quote in an edit on this thing.)

Of course discounting the occasional invincible character and children made out of kevlar.

Because i havent played through the main plot i get quite confused when i find people who are invincible as it seems quite arbitrary. Ive waded my way through a significant proportion of the population, slaughtered all links to my father in megaton and killed most of the important people in Rivet City. And yet the only one i can remeber being invincible is one of the bridge guards to Rivet. i can only assume he becomes slightly more plot relevent.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

There are like six invincible people in Rivet City... More including the scientists, but they won't attack you.

And none of them, aside from the scientists, are essential, or even relevant, to the story, either. Weird.

But anyway, the thing is, you don't have to attack the invincibles for them to attack you. As soon as you attack anyone else, they come after you. I guess if you just fled immediately you could technically pull it of but it would be a pain... and make the game very boring.

It's much more fun to be functionally psychopathic.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:02 am UTC

is it Harkness?

He has a a pretty good reason for being invincible besides the main plot :P

Spoiler:
he's a replicant bladerunner built by MIT who escaped
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 am UTC

I discovered the "city" of Rockopolis today, and sadly found a dead Argyle within. There was also an Unarmed Bobblehead. Remembering what Daring said to do if I ever found Argyle, I fast-traveled to Tenpenny Tower but couldn't find Daring anywhere. I checked out the basement, and discovered that every human in the building had been killed, including Daring. They were stripped of their belongings and thrown into a pile. I went back upstairs to talk to Roy Phillips about this, and the strangest thing happened; Roy spontaneously became nailed to the wall with railway spikes as soon as I entered his room.

Huh.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:And none of them, aside from the scientists, are essential, or even relevant, to the story, either. Weird.

But anyway, the thing is, you don't have to attack the invincibles for them to attack you. As soon as you attack anyone else, they come after you. I guess if you just fled immediately you could technically pull it of but it would be a pain... and make the game very boring.

Most have reasons. Pinkerton is used in two quests, The Replicated Man and one of the Survival Guide quests I think. Zimmer and his bodyguard, Armitage, are part of The Replicated Man, they become killable however once you've completed the quest. Harkness is invincible for the same reasons. Doctor Li is invincible for quite obvious reasons (I assume she is? Even I never tried killing her)

That leaves one person I can't think of. It IS funny, though, because it seems that normally you can kill anyone as long as they're not main-quest essential.

It's actually perfectly feasible to be a rampaging homicidal maniac even in the presence of invincible characters. You end up having to kill them a couple times over while you mow everyone else down, but after that you just have to run to a different area. Come back, and they're no longer hostile, though they're still very mad at you. That's the method I used to cleanse the Citadel.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:18 am UTC

Hah, I didn't even know about all of those. People like one of the gun shop owners (only one of the two, oddly), and some old guy are also invincible.

Rippy

Postby Rippy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:27 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Hah, I didn't even know about all of those. People like one of the gun shop owners (only one of the two, oddly), and some old guy are also invincible.

Oh yeah, I noticed that! I was trying to kill them to get the key to that mysterious safe of theirs, but neither of them had the key.

BumpInTheNight

Postby BumpInTheNight » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 am UTC

Okay so here's a wierd one speaking of the ambigously paired gun shop guys:
Spoiler:
I dragged one of them into slavery to fulfill that pre-quest to get into Paradise falls right...ever since then the other guy wasn't ever at the market in RIvet City...then one day I'm wandering around and find a devastated section of buildings south of where Megaton used to sit and I start getting messages about Shrapnel has been knocked unconcious repeatedly. I find him way the hell out there fighting some raiders (and losing). I kill the raiders and he says 'hey thanks a lot man' and then just starts wandering northward, I followed until I got bored but seriously like what is this guy up to. Also no I went looking at Paradise falls as well a few hours later and he's not hanging out there either.

benbw

Postby benbw » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 am UTC

After trying it out on a 360, I'm really excited about getting this, but I wanted to make sure my specs were ok:

2 GB SATA RAM
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
2GB RAM Dual Channel DDR2
Intel® Cortez G2 945G Viiv
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670

Could I run the game reasonably well on medium on this? (I can play Crysis demo/COD4 on low with really high FPS).

BumpInTheNight

Postby BumpInTheNight » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 am UTC

benbw wrote:After trying it out on a 360, I'm really excited about getting this, but I wanted to make sure my specs were ok:

2 GB SATA RAM
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
2GB RAM Dual Channel DDR2
Intel® Cortez G2 945G Viiv
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670

Could I run the game reasonably well on medium on this? (I can play Crysis demo/COD4 on low with really high FPS).

Mind that the article I'm pointing to is using a quadcore CPU but check out how the 4670 does in the high range:
http://www.techspot.com/article/125-fal ... page5.html

Definitely check out the other pages to get an idea of the 'very high' and 'medium' as well. I think you'll be fine.

Zapheod

Postby Zapheod » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:05 am UTC

Been playing this a bit over the last few days. Only moderately taken with it until today. Today I got the plasma rifle from the replicated man quest, Lincolns rifle and my first gattling laser. Never have I been happier than I am now. The ease with which I mow down enemies brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Still not far enough along for Power Armor, but now I have a reason to continue playing.

Btw, if, let's say, a few guys in Fort Independence happened to have had involuntary facial reconstructive surgery at the wrong end of my combat shotgun would I miss some quests?

Voco

Postby Voco » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:36 am UTC

I too witnessed Flak (from Flak and Shrapnel's in Rivet City) wandering the wastes alone, a few squares west of Vault 101. I had to use the quest marker (from paradise falls entry quest) to find him, but he offered no explanation for his wanderings. He still referred to Rivet City as "here" and would buy and sell as if he were in his shop, even though he was halfway across the map battling raiders and radscorpions.

I've also had people die randomly on occasion, Billy Creel for one. I didn't kill him, or do anything to lead to his death, but upon returning to Megaton after a stint at Rivet City, Maggie and some others mentioned that he'd been killed, and how sad it was.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:42 am UTC

megaton has pathing problems due to allt he platforms, and though I've never experienced it, apparently residents tend to fall to their deaths
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:48 am UTC

ok wow it is hard to get to gnr without its map marker, any other map points in downtown, or the quest marker. considering restarting, i think i may have ruined this playthrough.

Ixtellor

Postby Ixtellor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 pm UTC

Has anyone else gotten a resident evil vibe from the game yet?

I read about the lincoln repeater, and happened to be walking by the museum, after the satellite dish quest, so was looking all over that damn place.

It was night time, both in RL and in the game.
I had all the lights off except my computer monitor.
I had the noise turned up loud.

And it was creepy in there. You here ghouls and machine gun fire around every corner.
I was using my PiP light, and suddenly some ghoul would rush out at me, while I was looking at a book shelf.

One other time I was in the same RL situation exploring the train tunnels.

Ixtellor

P.S. Chinese Assault rifle for the WIN.

Return to “Gaming”