Games you can't remember the title of.

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

KaosuHiryuu

Re: Games you can't remember the title of.

Postby KaosuHiryuu » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 am UTC

Ghostrogue wrote:* Background: PC Game, You start off in a space station, I can't remember the beginning cinematic but once you are left on the station you only have enough credits to basically buy your first ship. After you buy your first ship then you need to equip it with weapons. You can pick up a mission to go see someone on some other planet. Ok now the parts that I really really remember are the following; You can buy cargo ships, you can hire mercinaries to protect and fight with you, you can buy from the black market or "white" market, when you go through certain warp gates or when you're just flying around space you can be scanned by the "police" ships and if you are caught with black market goods then they attack you. You can buy better ships and weapons the more credits you get and every planets economy is different. Real real real similar to Freelancer but not quite. I didn't really get much further than the beginning so that's pretty much all I know.

* Year: Mid to late 90s?

* Perspective: 3D

* Art style: Not sure, just thin Freelancer (I know the game I am looking for is close to it)

* Environment: Space mostly, There were tons of planets that you could go to by jumping through warp gates I think. Each planet had it's different points of interest.

* Mood: I guess the mood would be dark?

* Genre: Space/Action Adventure?

* Gameplay: Action I guess? (edit) Single player as far as I remember.

I really want to say Escape Velocity, but that's only 2D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Velocity_Nova
This it? (Nova is the second, but it's the same in terms of gameplay)

Axman

Postby Axman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:19 am UTC

* Background/ genre: PC, western RPG. The title was a single word I'm sure, like Magica or some shit.
* Year: early '90s, but I believe the game was published in the late '80s. We're talking multiple floppies territory, serious drive consumption.
* Perspective: 3D? HA HA HAhHA sidescroller.
* Art style: Sierra-style VGA art in the manager, pixel action in-game
* Environment: Like, there were these dungeons you could crawl... It had a thick manual on spellcraft, with eight or so herbs in various combination. It was heavily D&D-inspired, with a party of four heroes that you made, with standard fighter/ wizard/ cleric roles.
* Mood: It was a serious game, but the meat of the gameplay was controlling the lead party member. All of the party did exactly the same thing as the lead member. For instance, you moved to the left, they all followed your leader. Hit "do" and the sword guy swung his sword, the fire guy shot his fire, etc. You sidescrolled across a dungeon until you hit the boss. Your reward would be to get more junk to take on later dungeons.
* Gameplay: Action, definitely action. With a lot of tables between action.

I have had this God damn midi theme music stuck in my head for almost two fucking decades. I want to hear it again, in hopes that it stops.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:21 pm UTC

Possibly
?
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Axman

Postby Axman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:
Possibly
1069365996-00.jpg
1069365996-00.jpg (119.61 KiB) Viewed 7492 times

?

Hot shit! Woo, gonna "legitimately re-acquire" this title right the fuck now. (That Place doesn't seem to have it but whatever, people should know about those guys.)
Last edited by SecondTalon on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Damnit, Axeman! No links!

Ghostrogue

Postby Ghostrogue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:42 pm UTC

KaosuHiryuu wrote:
Ghostrogue wrote:* Background: PC Game, You start off in a space station, I can't remember the beginning cinematic but once you are left on the station you only have enough credits to basically buy your first ship. After you buy your first ship then you need to equip it with weapons. You can pick up a mission to go see someone on some other planet. Ok now the parts that I really really remember are the following; You can buy cargo ships, you can hire mercinaries to protect and fight with you, you can buy from the black market or "white" market, when you go through certain warp gates or when you're just flying around space you can be scanned by the "police" ships and if you are caught with black market goods then they attack you. You can buy better ships and weapons the more credits you get and every planets economy is different. Real real real similar to Freelancer but not quite. I didn't really get much further than the beginning so that's pretty much all I know.

* Art style: Not sure, just thin Freelancer (I know the game I am looking for is close to it)

* Environment: Space mostly, There were tons of planets that you could go to by jumping through warp gates I think. Each planet had it's different points of interest.

I really want to say Escape Velocity, but that's only 2D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Velocity_Nova
This it? (Nova is the second, but it's the same in terms of gameplay)

Na it was a 3D game .... or least I think I remember it as one

Ghostrogue

Postby Ghostrogue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 pm UTC

JayDee wrote:
Sounds a bit like the Wing Commander Spin off Privateer? That is a sweet game.

I've been looking at this after you said it and it does look similar. My memory must have updated the graphics to nowadays 3d because it's not quite what I remembered but it does look like the game I was looking for possibly. Thanks!

wucnuc

Postby wucnuc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:37 am UTC

"BACK TO THE RAFT"

This is the most memorable and oft-repeated line of this old PC game I'm thinking of. Anyone who has played this game would remember this quote. It is spoken by an old Eskimo guy with a parrot on his shoulder. Actually, I think it's the parrot that says "back to the raft".

The game is a spelling game and you complete levels by collecting the letters of the words in order.

Who can tell me the name of this game? I must know! Thanks.

Edit: I remembered, it's Spelling Blizzard.
Last edited by wucnuc on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

zorro226

Postby zorro226 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 am UTC

No idea what this game is:
A children's education game I played on PC, had anthropomorphic animals such as Forgetful Fred the Bear and Anxious Annie the Aardvark (or something). There were several mini-games, and a series of very short clips (one was called "Albert the Pooh"). I remember it being the most fun I ever had at age 4.

Axman

Postby Axman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 am UTC

Wing Commander Privateer? Privateer 2? Freelancer?

Anri

Postby Anri » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 pm UTC

* Background: PS2 or PS1. The most memorable aspect is that your characters were required to eat to maintain their stats, and they had to eat a balanced diet. There was a pentagram that represented five different food groups and eating too much from one food group would stretch out the pentagram and confer bonuses and penalities. I remember it being very difficult to find varied food and keep the pentagram in shape.
* Year: Early 2000s or very late 1990s.
* Perspective: Third Person?
* Art style: I don't remember any of this.
* Environment: Generic medieval setting with a tavern and dungeon is all I remember.
* Mood: Adventure game without a distinctive mood.
* Genre: Arcade fighter/RPG dungeon-crawler
* Gameplay: The gameplay was a weird hybrid -- you could enter the arcade mode or the RPG mode. The arcade mode was just a generic fighting game, and the RPG game involved starting off in a tavern and going down into a dungeon. There were two characters, a male and a female, and if one died the gameplay would switch to the other one, who was waiting in the tavern, and would have to fight their way down to the body of their friend to take them to the temple or something and get them revived. I believe both characters were pre-generated.

Cecilff2

Postby Cecilff2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

Sounds almost like the X series. Except you typically are given your first ship.

Ninjap00

Postby Ninjap00 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 am UTC

*Background: Played on Mac OS 9.
* Year: Early 2000's
* Perspective: Top-down
* Mood: Fast-paced
* Genre: Puzzle/Action
* Gameplay: Very similar to Bomberman, except you were a soldier using dynamite to kill mummies and it was a lot faster than Bomberman. Title screen was the soldier with a fiery background.
I was paid to say that.

novax6

Postby novax6 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am UTC

Anri wrote:* Background: PS2 or PS1. The most memorable aspect is that your characters were required to eat to maintain their stats, and they had to eat a balanced diet. There was a pentagram that represented five different food groups and eating too much from one food group would stretch out the pentagram and confer bonuses and penalities. I remember it being very difficult to find varied food and keep the pentagram in shape.
* Year: Early 2000s or very late 1990s.
* Perspective: Third Person?
* Art style: I don't remember any of this.
* Environment: Generic medieval setting with a tavern and dungeon is all I remember.
* Mood: Adventure game without a distinctive mood.
* Genre: Arcade fighter/RPG dungeon-crawler
* Gameplay: The gameplay was a weird hybrid -- you could enter the arcade mode or the RPG mode. The arcade mode was just a generic fighting game, and the RPG game involved starting off in a tavern and going down into a dungeon. There were two characters, a male and a female, and if one died the gameplay would switch to the other one, who was waiting in the tavern, and would have to fight their way down to the body of their friend to take them to the temple or something and get them revived. I believe both characters were pre-generated.

Ehrgeiz, by Squaresoft. The food thing your thinking of was in the quest mode of the game, while the main game was a fairly generic 3d fighting game.

Naurgul

Postby Naurgul » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Naurgul wrote:* Background: personal computer
* Year: mid 90's probably (at least that's when I played it; it did run on Windows 3.1)
* Perspective: 2d, isometric, camera not too far away.
* Art style: Can't remember.
* Environment: fantasy
* Mood: dark probably
* Genre: action/adventure?
* Gameplay: You choose a class (thief/sorcerer/fighter probably), you start in a cave a witch(?) trapped you in. Then you get out and move about from one screen to the next, fighting monsters and solving puzzles. I distinctly remember a monster that seemed impossible to beat. Also, there was a town, with a graveyard and a house you needed to solve a bell riddle (i.e. listening to a sequence of bells ringing and then needing to reproduce it by ringing the right bells in the right order).

Sorry for the fragmented information but it's been over 10 years since last time I had a chance to play it.

That sounds an awful lot like Quest For Glory 4, even though I don't believe a witch trapped you there.

I am awfully late in replying to this, but still, I felt like I had to do it.

Yes. That's the game I was looking for. Thanks a lot. I was almost sure that you were right from random screenshots and whatnot I found but didn't confirm until today. For some reason, I thought the game wouldn't run on DOSBox. It did. Belated thanks again. :)
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.

1337goose

Postby 1337goose » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 am UTC

There was a game I used to play as a kid, (I'm 16 now, so not too long ago).

The premise was that your were a blue (or maybe red and the enemies were blue) hovering bumper-car like vehicle, and you had to go around and captured flags that were the enemy's colour.

There were 3 maps as far as I can recall, one was a castle, one was greenish, and one was really purplish (I know, not very descriptive). Also you would collect things that could make you bounce up into the air, and make walls suddenly appear behind you to block enemy bumper-cars.

It was on the computer, and because it was so long ago I'm guessing very grainy and DOS-y

Dropzone

Postby Dropzone » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 pm UTC

That's almost certainly Hover!.

tobijacket

Postby tobijacket » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

Hey guys.. I was looking for about 2 hours for this game with diverse search terms but couldnt find anything. Then i stumbled upon this wonderful thread.
Im just gonna give it a shot:

time: late 90's perhaps 2000.
genre: vehicle combat game with some trading/rpg elements.
setting and atmosphere: a kind of post-apocalyptic world, where one had to drive around in the wastelands from city to city, perhaps doing quests or exploring in between ? I would label the setting as similar to something like fallout, but without the personality. I dont think the player character had a face or if there were at any times humanoids involved on screen. It was more like a diablo game with futuristic vehicles the way i remember it. Dont know if it was about rough alien planets or world after nuclear war.

gameplay: it was all about earning some money to get upgrades/weapons/new vehicles/perhaps some more stuff. I dont remember any story elements or cut scenes. View was top-down (like gta) but im not sure if it was 2d or 3d or maybe a mix in between.

I never really played this game but a friend of my brother was totally into it and tried to show my how awesome it was a couple of times. For some reason it got in my head recently and i just have to find it now. you guys are my last hope! Any collection of search terms like "vehicle combat post apocalyptic" gets me nowhere.

mdavidson

Postby mdavidson » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:32 am UTC

Well, no luck on the first game I posted about a couple months ago - let's try this one.

I played it in 2000 - it was an online (flash?) game where the object was to make interesting contraptions in the presence of gravity.

You could make fixed points (squares), movable connections, (circles), passive connections (lines), 'muscles' (lines with dashes on it), etc.

There were a bunch of sample constructions - little 'animals' with legs that moved it back and forth, bridges, pendula, etc. and you could modify those or start from scratch.

The game had a white background and black points/connector/lines and very little/no color.

Gameplay: you make your contraption, then hit "go" - then the muscles move back and forth until you hit "reset" to modify the contraption.

Thanks!

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:02 pm UTC

tobijacket wrote:Hey guys.. I was looking for about 2 hours for this game with diverse search terms but couldnt find anything. Then i stumbled upon this wonderful thread.

setting and atmosphere: a kind of post-apocalyptic world, where one had to drive around in the wastelands from city to city, perhaps doing quests or exploring in between ? I would label the setting as similar to something like fallout, but without the personality. I dont think the player character had a face or if there were at any times humanoids involved on screen. It was more like a diablo game with futuristic vehicles the way i remember it. Dont know if it was about rough alien planets or world after nuclear war.

gameplay: it was all about earning some money to get upgrades/weapons/new vehicles/perhaps some more stuff. I dont remember any story elements or cut scenes. View was top-down (like gta) but im not sure if it was 2d or 3d or maybe a mix in between.

I never really played this game but a friend of my brother was totally into it and tried to show my how awesome it was a couple of times. For some reason it got in my head recently and i just have to find it now. you guys are my last hope! Any collection of search terms like "vehicle combat post apocalyptic" gets me nowhere.

Could this game, by any chance, be Vangers ?
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:04 pm UTC

mdavidson wrote:Well, no luck on the first game I posted about a couple months ago - let's try this one.

I played it in 2000 - it was an online (flash?) game where the object was to make interesting contraptions in the presence of gravity.

You could make fixed points (squares), movable connections, (circles), passive connections (lines), 'muscles' (lines with dashes on it), etc.

There were a bunch of sample constructions - little 'animals' with legs that moved it back and forth, bridges, pendula, etc. and you could modify those or start from scratch.

The game had a white background and black points/connector/lines and very little/no color.

Gameplay: you make your contraption, then hit "go" - then the muscles move back and forth until you hit "reset" to modify the contraption.

Thanks!

Perhaps you're looking for Soda Constructor ?
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

tobijacket

Postby tobijacket » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
tobijacket wrote:Hey guys.. I was looking for about 2 hours for this game with diverse search terms but couldnt find anything. Then i stumbled upon this wonderful thread.

Could this game, by any chance, be Vangers ?

haha yes it is!!
thanks so much.. also for the quick reply. Great. lets see if i can make it work on the mac with paralel desktop.
Thanks again!

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 pm UTC

tobijacket wrote:haha yes it is!!
thanks so much.. also for the quick reply. Great. lets see if i can make it work on the mac with paralel desktop.
Thanks again!

That was one of my favorite childhood games. I still have the original disc. Glad that I could help :)

anterovipunen

Postby anterovipunen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm UTC

Background: Sega Mega Drive game. It was a sports game where you could choose one of three options: one of them was to be on a bike, another was to be on a skateboard, I can't remember the third.

All I can remember is that you could press a button to make an attack on people next to you and make them fall off their bike/skateboard. When you were on the bike both legs would go outwards (splits almost) knocking anyone next to you down. On the skateboard you would do a crouched swivel with your leg.

* Year: Early/Mid 90s?

* Perspective: the road was right in front of you at all times.

* Art style: not sure

* Environment: there was a road level with lots of tree's for the bike.

* Mood: Light

* Genre: Sport/Action/Racing

* Gameplay: Furious racing.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

anterovipunen wrote:Background: Sega Mega Drive game. It was a sports game where you could choose one of three options: one of them was to be on a bike, another was to be on a skateboard, I can't remember the third.
Are you sure it was definitely a MegaDrive game? Because that sounds an awful lot like ESPN Extreme Racing on the PlayStation. You could be a cyclist, roller-blader, skateboarder or... luger? Lugist? Guy-on-a-luge. and you could knock people off. It was my first ever PlayStation game.

Like a non-motorised Road Rash.

Unless you mean Skitchin'
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

mdavidson

Postby mdavidson » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
Perhaps you're looking for Soda Constructor ?

That's it. Thanks. My, how it has changed since then.

Gowerly
Toad

Postby Gowerly » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Cecilff2 wrote:

Sounds almost like the X series. Except you typically are given your first ship.

Seriously? Frontier: Elite II? The sequel to perhaps the greatest game and the precursor to pretty much every space trading game ever?

PageCCCXI

Postby PageCCCXI » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 pm UTC

It was the first game I ever replayed; and I replayed it many, many times. I've been trying to remember what game it was off and on for the last few years and I'm sure glad I chanced upon this forum!

You built cities and created different troops based on the race of the cities you controled (halfling slings, lizardmen spearmen, human paladins, etc). You were a sorcerer (or something similar) and at the start you spent your creation points (or whatever they were) on books of magic (of different colors) or passive abilities. You could only cast the most powerful spells in a school of magic if you had enough books. You weren't actually a character in the game, but you could have up to 6 heroes to lead your armies. There were two different worlds and the goal was to defeat all the other wizards.

There were two different worlds and I'm pretty sure only the "more powerful" world with mammoths or whatever had mithril, if that helps. REALLY hope someone can make sence of all this and remember what it was called!

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:57 pm UTC

That sounds a lot like one of the Might and Magic strategy games.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

headprogrammingczar wrote:That sounds a lot like one of the Might and Magic strategy games.

Heroes of Might & Magic is most likely what he's looking for.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:07 am UTC

PageCCCXI wrote:It was the first game I ever replayed; and I replayed it many, many times. I've been trying to remember what game it was off and on for the last few years and I'm sure glad I chanced upon this forum!

You built cities and created different troops based on the race of the cities you controled (halfling slings, lizardmen spearmen, human paladins, etc). You were a sorcerer (or something similar) and at the start you spent your creation points (or whatever they were) on books of magic (of different colors) or passive abilities. You could only cast the most powerful spells in a school of magic if you had enough books. You weren't actually a character in the game, but you could have up to 6 heroes to lead your armies. There were two different worlds and the goal was to defeat all the other wizards.

There were two different worlds and I'm pretty sure only the "more powerful" world with mammoths or whatever had mithril, if that helps. REALLY hope someone can make sence of all this and remember what it was called!
Sounds a lot like Age of Wonders (screenshots) or one of its sequels (AoW 2: The Wizards Throne, Shadow Magic, maybe something else.)

Probably the first one, in the sequels you did have an avatar in the game. But it was hex based, there was an overworld and an underworld, and it had character creation with the books of magic like you mention.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

JCM

Postby JCM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:57 am UTC

I remember playing a flash game where you had to die to win each level. Do any of you remember something similar to this?

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 am UTC

JCM wrote:I remember playing a flash game where you had to die to win each level. Do any of you remember something similar to this?
Never played it, but I remember reading about "Karoshi Suicide Salaryman" a while back.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

LuNatic

Postby LuNatic » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:13 am UTC

JCM wrote:I remember playing a flash game where you had to die to win each level. Do any of you remember something similar to this?

Super Karoshi?
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

JCM

Postby JCM » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:25 am UTC

LuNatic wrote:

Super Karoshi?

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:11 am UTC

PageCCCXI wrote:It was the first game I ever replayed; and I replayed it many, many times. I've been trying to remember what game it was off and on for the last few years and I'm sure glad I chanced upon this forum!

headprogrammingczar wrote:That sounds a lot like one of the Might and Magic strategy games.

It sounds a whole hell of a lot more like Master of Magic and.. uh.. very little like any of the Heros of Might and Magic games. Couldn't build cities in HoMM for one.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Balesk Baj, Timeburner
Location: Wherever parallel dimension I'm currently living in...

Postby Balesk Baj, Timeburner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

* Background: Trying to find if there's a sequel to this game. I can't remember the system that you play it on,

* Year: Can't remember, but I think it was released sometime from 1995-2003.

* Perspective: 2D, Third person, Not a side scrolling game.

* Environment: Fantasy. There were diffent types of monsters in it.

* Mood: Turn-based

* Genre: Dungeon scroller?/RPG

* Gameplay: It's a game where you can raise or capture monsters (not Pokemon or Digimon). You live in a town and you explore a tower or castle wherein you go higher and higher into the tower. You'll meet monsters there and you can fight them. The appearance of the levels change every visit. Whenever you're defeated or you're out of the tower, the monsters will be sleeping in your house. you can give name to your monsters. I remember that there is a fireplace in your room, and I think that the monster sleeps in a basket.

Do you know this one, because I want to play it again.
Magnanimous wrote:I'd have a giant I Tetris piece shoved down my throat, after which my neck will flash and disappear.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:48 pm UTC

Catching monsters, random levels, and a tower? Brings to mind Azure Dreams, which was a Playstation game (and ported to Gameboy colour, which is where I played it.) Collection of pretty sub-par screenshots here.

Crusnik

Postby Crusnik » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 am UTC

* Background: Role-playing game on the PC. You're some sort of hero on a quest. You have the possibility of having magic as well as melee prowess. The thing I remember the most, was a female hero/wizardess who was basically telling you what to do at key points in the game. I wanna say she had white hair. The main thing I definitely remember is when I turned a corner once, expecting an enemy and attacking it by reflex, only to find her standing there, pissed as hell that I attacked her. She started kicking my ass and I had to reload. I also remember some sort of...demon dog or something that either had to do with the name or that they were a staple enemy. Another key thing is I believe the games was part of a series, as another part came out after this one.
* Year: Middle 90s or so. Played it on my cousin's computer.
* Perspective: I guess its 2D first person? You didnt see anything but your hands, if i recall correctly. However as far as some of the NPCs went, they were casted by real people, which is why that girl with the white hair is another memory that sticks out.
* Art style: To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Like I said the main people were live-action via real people, and then the bad guys were I believe cell-shaded or sprite-ish. Its been a long time.
* Environment: This is very vague. The encounter I remember was in a snow/mountain setting. I unfortunately dont remember much else.
* Mood: Dark-ish. World needs saving and its falling on your shoulders.
* Genre: RPG.
* Gameplay: Again I dont remember much. I know it was live-action, or at least pseudo-live action.

I apologize that I'm being vague, but if some classic rpg master comes along and finds/remembers the title of this game for me, I would be grateful.

Balesk Baj, Timeburner
Location: Wherever parallel dimension I'm currently living in...

Postby Balesk Baj, Timeburner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 am UTC

JayDee wrote:Catching monsters, random levels, and a tower? Brings to mind Azure Dreams, which was a Playstation game (and ported to Gameboy colour, which is where I played it.) Collection of pretty sub-par screenshots here.

Thanks. I checked the DS version, and I don't like it. Now I only need to find a Game Boy color...
Magnanimous wrote:I'd have a giant I Tetris piece shoved down my throat, after which my neck will flash and disappear.

Axman

Postby Axman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:33 pm UTC

Or a Game Boy Advance, Advance SP, or Game Boy Micro, they play GBC cartridges.

Return to “Gaming”