Crusnik wrote:* Background: Role-playing game on the PC. You're some sort of hero on a quest. You have the possibility of having magic as well as melee prowess. The thing I remember the most, was a female hero/wizardess who was basically telling you what to do at key points in the game. I wanna say she had white hair. The main thing I definitely remember is when I turned a corner once, expecting an enemy and attacking it by reflex, only to find her standing there, pissed as hell that I attacked her. She started kicking my ass and I had to reload. I also remember some sort of...demon dog or something that either had to do with the name or that they were a staple enemy. Another key thing is I believe the games was part of a series, as another part came out after this one.
* Year: Middle 90s or so. Played it on my cousin's computer.
* Perspective: I guess its 2D first person? You didnt see anything but your hands, if i recall correctly. However as far as some of the NPCs went, they were casted by real people, which is why that girl with the white hair is another memory that sticks out.
* Art style: To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Like I said the main people were live-action via real people, and then the bad guys were I believe cell-shaded or sprite-ish. Its been a long time.
* Environment: This is very vague. The encounter I remember was in a snow/mountain setting. I unfortunately dont remember much else.
* Mood: Dark-ish. World needs saving and its falling on your shoulders.
* Genre: RPG.
* Gameplay: Again I dont remember much. I know it was live-action, or at least pseudo-live action.
I apologize that I'm being vague, but if some classic rpg master comes along and finds/remembers the title of this game for me, I would be grateful.
Sounds like one of the Might and Magic games, probably 6 or 7. It could also be Lands of Lore 1 or 2, but my bet is on might and magic.