I'm looking for a game for the Sega Megadrive/Genisis
I'm afraid I don't know mnuch about the game itself, but maybe this hints help:
* Background: I played the game many many years ago on my uncles Megadrive. He had a lot of games and I could determine almost all of these games by looking for the "all games released list" for Megadrive/Genisis and comparing screenshots
. But I couldn't find this game anywhere.
You are playing a soldier. Top-down view (like for exampls streets of rage), but you could free-roam the map. The first level was in some kind of jungle and the Boss was a helicopter at some cliff.
You were also able to drive vehicles in this game like a jeep and in one map even a tank.
You had different weapons available as pickup, like a MG, rocket launcher and if i imagine correct - a flamethrower.
Thats all I remember so far. The "Player" itself kind of reminded me of the Duke - dunno why
* Year: around 1990-1995
* Perspective: 2D / top-down view.
* Art style: normal 16-bit graphics I would say. Noting special.
* Environment: As above - 1st level in a jungle with a helicopter-boss. Different Military-based levels/maps.
* Mood: Shooter-like. Fast paced action.
* Genre: shooter/action
* Gameplay: Action. Run around and kill enemies (that used to be everyone you see). You could also drive vehicles like a jeep and a tank. Different weapons available. I also remember walking through a swamp-like area, where enemies appear/dive out very near beside you and try killing you with a knife.
And before anyone notices:
My uncle moved several years ago and I don't have any contact with him. So asking him is not an option
I hope this description ring anybodies bell out there