We're doing this xkcd community (not bloodline) fortress Nist Akath style. To keep from cluttering this thread up, though, I've created a Blogger to follow the tale.
Rules and Guidelines, and Other Stuff:
- 1. You get one dwarf at a time. So, if you currently have a dwarven character running around the fort, you can't insert another into the queue until the first one drops dead. This is mostly based on the honour system, though, as I have anonymous commenting enable so nobody has to create an account to comment. Please don't abuse this or I'll have to turn anonymous commenting off.
2. The more specific you are about your request, the less likely it will be you will be accommodated. This isn't me being mean - if you ask for a male dwarf that likes red, is cynical, and hates lizards, well, I'll do my best, but we might not get one, so you'll get skipped over. Conversely, if you ask for just a male dwarf, odds are I'll be able to find you a match.
3. I'll be maintaining a list of who on the fora is which dwarf, and whether they are living, dead, or not in the game yet (which means I haven't found a match for you or we haven't gotten immigrants).
4. I will also be using the Customize feature to rename your dwarf. So, you get to pick the first name, but I would advise against requesting a last name unless you don't ever want your dwarf to arrive at the fortress, ever (unless you're really lucky).
5. Military professions ARE allowed.
I need six people in on this. To join, COMMENT ON THE BLAG (requests here will be promptly looked at and ignored), and answer me this:
Requested dwarven first name:
The fora name, first name, and profession are required. The others you can ignore if you like, but say so if you do, don't just leave it blank, put N/A or something. For Anything Else, this would be things like requesting specific personality traits or whatever.
Fora Name: Xaddak
Requested dwarven first name: Xaddak
Anything Else: Likes Adamantine
That's enough of this. To the blag.
Welcomes, ladies and gentlemen... to Sodel Olon.