I need a Game Recommendation

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
TheAmazingRando
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 am UTC
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby TheAmazingRando » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:25 am UTC

Been messing around a lot with FreeCiv, which has been reminding me just how much I suck at Civilization. Hopefully I'll get better at it. Any other suggestions out there?

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Jorpho » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 am UTC

Last I heard, FreeCiv was still largely unbalanced and inferior to the official versions.

Cecilff2
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Cecilff2 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

CogDissident wrote:Freeware platformer game, somewhat similar to Megaman in gameplay, but with more of the art style of "Out Of This World".

Iji
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php



I also would very much recommend this game. Reminds me of the greatness of Cave Story.

User avatar
headprogrammingczar
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Beaming you up

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby headprogrammingczar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:Last I heard, FreeCiv was still largely unbalanced and inferior to the official versions.

Civ 2: Test of Time is the best out there if you want traditional 4X with comfortable visuals. The specs for the game are inordinately low, so you should be able to run it if you virtualize with an old Windows disc hanging around somewhere.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

User avatar
ponzerelli
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:40 pm UTC
Contact:

Any DS games similar to Golden Sun?

Postby ponzerelli » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 pm UTC

I'm looking for a new DS game that's an RPG with similar play style to the Golden Sun games (i really liked the puzzles that you had to complete in those games). I'm not the biggest fan of Stategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and the normal Final Fantasies just look like alot of level grinding. I've never played one though, so feel free to correct that assumption.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? I skimmed through IGN's recent releases and nothing caught my eye, but I wasn't looking extremely hard.

EDIT: I just looked at IGN again, Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen looked kind of interesting, does anyone know about that? And Chrono Trigger, I never played that on the SNES (i think thats the system it was on).

User avatar
Jorpho
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Any DS games similar to Golden Sun?

Postby Jorpho » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:48 pm UTC

ponzerelli wrote:And Chrono Trigger, I never played that on the SNES (i think thats the system it was on).
There's good reason why it's frequently called one of the greatest games ever. (The new DS version will be based on the PSX re-release, apparently, but nobody likes that PSX re-release because of the terrible load times.)

I would recommend Etrian Odyssey (1 or 2) or Contact, but those games are pretty much all about grinding. And there's Magical Starsign, but that's gotten a lot of middling reviews.

HareichiSan
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 am UTC

Good Online Games

Postby HareichiSan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:39 am UTC

Know any? I've been strappin' for cash lately, so something cheap as free would be good. I like Maplestory, but It gets old fast, so i've been looking for a new, fun one.

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Good Online Games

Postby tryptanymph » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 am UTC

Right up there... just... no, below that...

Oh hell, I'll just link it.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Good Online Games

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 am UTC

Define what you mean by Online.

Are you looking for a free MMO? Something more squad-based akin to TF2 or Counterstrike? Generic Online Games - that is, flash games you can find in the link Sleepy provided? Freeware games you can download?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

HareichiSan
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 am UTC

Re: Good Online Games

Postby HareichiSan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:56 am UTC

I'm talkin' MMOs. And not necessarily free, just cheap. Like $5 a month.

User avatar
aion7
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 am UTC
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Re: Good Online Games

Postby aion7 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 am UTC

Go crazy.


You gotta love freeware games.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

HareichiSan
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 am UTC

Re: Good Online Games

Postby HareichiSan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

Cool, thanks. I'll take a look.

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Good Online Games

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

Rangnarok Online was TONS of fun, and you can find plenty of free servers with xp bonuses so you don't actually have to grind as hard as those evil Korean game designers intended. I think its by the same people who made Maple Story. They also made another game, Rose Story, similar deal.

Try Dragonrealms(10$ i think) or Eve(15$).
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

zacpol
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:20 am UTC

Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby zacpol » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:24 pm UTC

I just got a laptop that is semi-capable of gaming. I'm fairly certain it can't handle the new new games, or anything too graphically intense (crysis obviously, bioshock, etc.). So what i'd like is to find some nice, not too new games that you all like. Mind, though, that I have a 360, so I'd prefer computer-exclusive games.

On my list already there is:
-Team Fortress 2
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Empire Earth II

I'm also a huge classic gamer, so if there's any old game that you think I might have missed from spending quite a while away from pc gaming, please feel free to toss up. In advance, though, I've played monkey island, grim fandango, and full throttle multiple times.

User avatar
Aethernox
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 am UTC

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby Aethernox » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

All of the other Valve-made games; HL, Portal, etc.
Civilization 4 and its expansions
Planescape: Torment.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

You should check out Good Old Games.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:20 am UTC
Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!
Contact:

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 pm UTC

Deus Ex. Need I say more? . . . once you start playing, you won't stop untill you have done the entire game every way that you can find! :mrgreen: lol

nsmjohn
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 pm UTC
Location: California

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby nsmjohn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

For some entertaining multiplayer try Scorched 3d.
Gojoe wrote:Well, I would say something here, but it would only make it worse.


User avatar
Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:20 am UTC
Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!
Contact:

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

Any of the Avernum games except Avernum 4! Avernum 4 was NOT worth playing! Not at all! (although, you should play it just so that Avernum 5 makes sense! :mrgreen: )

User avatar
fishyfish777
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby fishyfish777 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

Urban terror is a must!
http://www.urbanterror.net/
Free, too! n.n

Tell us your graphics card though. I have a 9700M GT in my laptop. It can play Crysis on med-high.
Neon Rain wrote:And somehow we humans can invent scanning-probe microscopes that can "see" individual atoms, yet still can't invent a machine that can reliably scan tests not taken with a #2 pencil.

User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby Narsil » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Get the Warcraft III Battle Chest. The DotA and Tower Defense games make it worth the money. But it's a fantastic game besides, as well.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

User avatar
Intercept
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:15 am UTC
Location: An blue governed Missouri.

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby Intercept » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island are classics that come to mind.
"I've always supported pudding, even when it was politically unpopular to do so."-Bill Nye Video

User avatar
raistlin
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Forum Based RPGs

Postby raistlin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 am UTC

Im looking for a good Forum Based RPG, I recently quit playing JedivSith.com and now I sit bored at work less productive as I dont have anything to break up the monontany of my shift.

Can anyone recomend a good FBRPG?
Give a man fire, he will be warm for an hour.
Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

User avatar
Chrismclegless
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Sigma 957
Contact:

Re: Forum Based RPGs

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:16 pm UTC

Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User avatar
LuNatic
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 am UTC
Location: The land of Aus

Re: Recommend me some not-so new computer games!

Postby LuNatic » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:43 am UTC

zacpol wrote:I just got a laptop that is semi-capable of gaming. I'm fairly certain it can't handle the new new games, or anything too graphically intense (crysis obviously, bioshock, etc.). So what i'd like is to find some nice, not too new games that you all like. Mind, though, that I have a 360, so I'd prefer computer-exclusive games.

On my list already there is:
-Team Fortress 2
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Empire Earth II

I'm also a huge classic gamer, so if there's any old game that you think I might have missed from spending quite a while away from pc gaming, please feel free to toss up. In advance, though, I've played monkey island, grim fandango, and full throttle multiple times.


If you have a credit card, I'd really recommend purchasing this bundle on steam, Valves digital distribution system. All the games included are excellent, and should run on any PC purchased in the last 3 years.

Excellent games that I personally reccomend:

The Age of Empires/Mythology Series (Historic RTS)
My personal benchmark for RTS gaming. Not hugely innovative, but extremely well executed, IMO.

The Battlefield Series (Strategic FPS)
A combination of RTS and FPS. One player on the team(of up to 32 players) commands, giving teammates waypoints, artillery strikes, vehicles and supplies, while everyone else plays the grunts. Players can fly choppers and planes, drive cars, boats and tanks, and form up squads. Also, is class based.

The Command and Conquer series (RTS)
Futuristic and basic, but fun. Red Alert is crazy, but in a good way.

The Unreal Tournament Series (Deathmatch FPS)
Basic deathmatch shooter. Well made, and fun.

Half Life Series (FPS)
Quite possibly the best storyline in an FPS ever. Included in Valve complete pack.

World in Conflict (tactical RTS)
What if the Cold War heated up? No resources to worry about, and you can nuke small towns.

Total War Series (Turn based/Realtime strategy)
Risk, but with depth. So much depth...

The Warcraft Series (RTS)
Fantasy strategy, with rpg elements. DOTA custom map is very addictive.

The Mechwarrior series (Giant stompy robots with laser-guns)
Fun for a while, but sparse enviroments get boring.

Heres a good place to browse for more.
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

User avatar
Supershadow18
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 am UTC
Location: Arkham, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Supershadow18 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 pm UTC

I'm looking for what I guess could best be described as a 'tabletop game'. I used to know of a few, but I can't, for the life of me, remember them. I'm talking about simple word/idea based games where you would have a GM figure working through a certain situation. They're not complicated so they don't need books like DnD(Or even cards like Munchkins), but the players have to work together to get to a certain end in the 'game'. That's the best way I can think of describing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the place where I put something witty and funny.
Did I do it right?

User avatar
Sir_Elderberry
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Contact:

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:48 am UTC

Did you just cover Warcraft, CnC, AoE...and miss Starcraft?

EDIT: I actually have a recommendation request.

There's a particular atmosphere I want in a PC game right now. And that atmosphere is, I want to kill a ridiculously over-the-top number of enemies. I don't mean in the sense that every FPS hero kills lots of guys, I mean at once. The parts of Doom where you were given like, roomfuls of enemies. The parts of Halo where the Flood lived up to their name. Star Wars Battlefront. The part of Kingdom Hearts II where you killed 1,000 Heartless, but I'd like to do this without the reaction command kind of mashing. I want outrageous numbers of foes, expendable on their own but difficult simply through raw numbers.

I feel like feeling badass and I think this kind of game could help.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 am UTC

Painkiller
Serious Sam
Boxhead
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
aion7
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 am UTC
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby aion7 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Did you just cover Warcraft, CnC, AoE...and miss Starcraft?

EDIT: I actually have a recommendation request.

There's a particular atmosphere I want in a PC game right now. And that atmosphere is, I want to kill a ridiculously over-the-top number of enemies. I don't mean in the sense that every FPS hero kills lots of guys, I mean at once. The parts of Doom where you were given like, roomfuls of enemies. The parts of Halo where the Flood lived up to their name. Star Wars Battlefront. The part of Kingdom Hearts II where you killed 1,000 Heartless, but I'd like to do this without the reaction command kind of mashing. I want outrageous numbers of foes, expendable on their own but difficult simply through raw numbers.

I feel like feeling badass and I think this kind of game could help.

Left 4 Dead? The special infected take away from that feeling though.

Actually, most zombie games are like that.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:22 am UTC
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 am UTC

Dynasty Warriors, duh. It's exactly what you're looking for.

Edit: Oh, PC games only. In that case, you're fucked. Pick up a PS2 for like 50 bucks and have access to the greatest catalog of videogames the world has ever seen.

User avatar
LuNatic
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 am UTC
Location: The land of Aus

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby LuNatic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:03 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Did you just cover Warcraft, CnC, AoE...and miss Starcraft?



Yeah, I know. I just never got into it personally.
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Velict wrote:Good Jehova, there are cheesegraters on the blagotube!

This is, for some reason, one of the funniest things I've read today.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby bigglesworth » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 am UTC

Supershadow18 wrote:I'm looking for what I guess could best be described as a 'tabletop game'. I used to know of a few, but I can't, for the life of me, remember them. I'm talking about simple word/idea based games where you would have a GM figure working through a certain situation. They're not complicated so they don't need books like DnD(Or even cards like Munchkins), but the players have to work together to get to a certain end in the 'game'. That's the best way I can think of describing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Hmmm. These are rare beasts in the RPG world, Baron Munchausen being one. Is that the sort of thing?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Supershadow18
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 am UTC
Location: Arkham, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby Supershadow18 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
Supershadow18 wrote:I'm looking for what I guess could best be described as a 'tabletop game'. I used to know of a few, but I can't, for the life of me, remember them. I'm talking about simple word/idea based games where you would have a GM figure working through a certain situation. They're not complicated so they don't need books like DnD(Or even cards like Munchkins), but the players have to work together to get to a certain end in the 'game'. That's the best way I can think of describing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Hmmm. These are rare beasts in the RPG world, Baron Munchausen being one. Is that the sort of thing?


Well, not exactly what I had in mind, but very close. I'm actually very intrigued by that game, and might pick it up. It sounds like a lot of fun!
This is the place where I put something witty and funny.
Did I do it right?

User avatar
G Mess
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 7:12 am UTC

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby G Mess » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 pm UTC

I'm looking for an MMO that's both really scenic and free.

As far as graphics, provided it pulls off whatever style it uses well, it's good. So no Perfect Worlds, please.

Speaking of which, flying is good.

And, final note, it doesn't have to be an MMO. Just something on the PC that I can play online with friends.

User avatar
McCaber
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:35 am UTC
Location: Coyote
Contact:

Recommend a PnP RPG

Postby McCaber » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:32 pm UTC

So which RPG is your favorite? I'm looking for a new system/setting to play.

I can say right off the bat that I'm a huge fan of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It has a great lightweight rules system and the setting? Picture all those existing fantasy stereotypes turned up to 11 on the awesomeness meter. You're a grungy "hero" who has to do actual work to make a living, and more often than not you'll end up dead in a gutter somewhere. And it will be awesome.
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

User avatar
mashakosha
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm UTC
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Contact:

Re: Recommend a PnP RPG

Postby mashakosha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

My local group is planning on starting a Dark heresy game soon. Lucky me, I get to be GM. I've got no experience with this sort of thing and neither has anyone else. One of my players did a short online DnD campaign, so he has a little experience, but I'm not quite sure what to expect...
Any suggestions, tips etc?

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Recommend a PnP RPG

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

I love the new world of darkness, and think the new changeling is quite clearly the bees knees.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Recommend a PnP RPG

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:21 am UTC

mashakosha wrote:My local group is planning on starting a Dark heresy game soon. Lucky me, I get to be GM. I've got no experience with this sort of thing and neither has anyone else. One of my players did a short online DnD campaign, so he has a little experience, but I'm not quite sure what to expect...
Any suggestions, tips etc?


Suggestions: Make sure you plan out who's who and what they want in (wherever you're setting it). That way, you'll be able to change their plans to fit whatever the PCs do.

Learn the bonuses/penalties rules, and make sure the players know how to stack the odds in their favour via laser sights, night vision goggles etc. It's easy to miss your target if you're not aiming and have the right gear.
Last edited by bigglesworth on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Chrismclegless
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Sigma 957
Contact:

Re: Recommend a PnP RPG

Postby Chrismclegless » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:34 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
mashakosha wrote:My local group is planning on starting a Dark heresy game soon. Lucky me, I get to be GM. I've got no experience with this sort of thing and neither has anyone else. One of my players did a short online DnD campaign, so he has a little experience, but I'm not quite sure what to expect...
Any suggestions, tips etc?


Suggestions: Make sure you plan out who's who and what they want in (wherever you're setting it). That way, you'll be able to change their plans to fit whatever the PCs do.

Learn the bonuses/penalties rules, and make sure the players know how to stack the odds in their favour via lazer sights, night vision goggles etc. It's easy to miss your target if you're not aiming and have the right gear.

Laser sights. With an s. I don't care if you're American, and like using z instead of s, you can't use it there. Laser is an acronym, and so you can't change the spelling even if you think it makes it look cooler. /grumble

I didn't like dark heresy much, but that's just a personal opinion. I don't like the whole WFRP system, and that put me off Dark Heresy as well because they're the same thing.

nWoD is cool though. I'm in a Changeling game at the moment, and it rocks.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User avatar
TheAmazingRando
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 am UTC
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Recommend ME a game (Merged:Several Similar Threads)

Postby TheAmazingRando » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

What's to stop someone from just changing the spelling of ztimulated?


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests