Games you have programmed

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Coffee Stain

Re: Games you have programmed

Postby Coffee Stain » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 am UTC

Officially, as of today, Halo 4.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm UTC

Hah, awesome!
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Coffee Stain

Postby Coffee Stain » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 am UTC

Year and a half of my life; totally worth it. Apparently the XKCD crowd isn't much for the Haloz, there isn't even a thread for it, but you guys are still my home. The milestone is the finalization of the actual game that will be burned into millions of discs by our manufacturer. I hope someone here enjoys it! :)

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 pm UTC

I'm an avid Halo'er, as are many of my gaming friends. We're eagerly awaiting MLG's Halo 4 pre-release tournament and I wish I was playing in it so bad.

mmmCatSoup

Postby mmmCatSoup » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm UTC

My first attempt at making a game, an FPS web game I made last November. It's glitchy as hell and I can't model very well, but it is rated 3/5 and it's got 0.93$ in add revenue (I can take the money when it reaches 25$. So, probably never)

Play
http://www.kongregate.com/games/mmmCatSoup/dead-meadows

Watch (If you're too lazy to download Unity)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9npT-apWw&feature=plcp

I've started other games since but I always give up on them. If I actually stuck with half my ideas I'd probably have 5 done by now.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:19 pm UTC

mmmCatSoup wrote:Watch (If you're too lazy to download Unity)

It's not laziness that is keeping me from downloading Unity...
double epsilon = -.0000001;

mmmCatSoup

Postby mmmCatSoup » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 pm UTC

What is then? And that was a crazy fast reponse.

MartianInvader

So my brother made a flash game

Postby MartianInvader » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

My brother wrote a flash game called "Conjurer Clash". It's a turn-based puzzle game where you play a wizard moving around grid-based levels, avoiding enemy monsters while summoning your own to fight them. It also has a pretty fun multiplayer versus mode where there's a time limit for each turn and you summon monsters to try and kill each other. (He hasn't really made a way to find other people to play with, so it's kind of limited to playing against your friends). I really enjoy playing it.

It's a one-person-made game that's still being worked on, so the graphics and such aren't particularly flashy, but we'd love to hear any feedback/thoughts on improving the game. You can find it here:

http://conjurerclash.weebly.com/
Let's have a fervent argument, mostly over semantics, where we all claim the burden of proof is on the other side!

chris857

Postby chris857 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 am UTC

I wrote a game of Checkers. Should work on any Windows machine (I have XP).

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisprog ... t/checkers

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

I've done a number of small games for hobby purposes. Of things other people have played...did a bit of work back in the day on a mod for Tribes known as TRPG. Was not the original creator, but figured out the system of it well enough to add a few things.

Most of my coding is far more boring stuff, I'm afraid, but I do like to dabble in game coding. I've got a platformer for xbox that is complete code-wise, and has a few levels finished for content. That's been sitting that way for a coupla years now. Really should toss more content at it and actually release the damned thing, but I tend to tire of projects once all the interesting problems have been solved. Currently messing around with JMonkey some. Seems to be a pretty cool 3d engine, and I've got a rough idea for an multiplayer RPG in mind. Like an MMO, but without the massive part, because seriously, who has the time to make the content?

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 am UTC

Many, many years ago, I was one of two developers on a Klik & Play (does anyone remember that?) game called Autoball - a game where you moved a circular sprite in 8-directions round a playing field trying to get a ball into any of the opposing goals while keeping it out of your own. In the basic version, the ball bounced off you; in the "advanced" you picked it up when you collided with it, and could fire it in the direction you were moving/facing or launched it in a random direction if someone else managed to collide with you. A lot of my contribution was the tricks used to get around the limitations of the game creator - for instance, the only information transferred between levels was 8 numbers - lives and score for each of four players, so if you wanted to have any sort of setup screen, either you had to include the code for the setup screen in every level, or you had to encode the setup information in those 8 numbers somehow, or you had to duplicate otherwise identical levels for each possible combination of objects. Once I'd set up the option encoding framework, we ended up with something like 10 levels - different arrangements of obstacles and a few other rules changes...

The game was good fun - we spent more time playing it then we did on Doom or Commander Keen - but never went beyond that.

I've also done some of the usual "toy" games - I may still have a copy of my Tetris clone around somewhere, and I played with variations on Conway's Life, and with a couple of simple board-games (which I knew as "atoms" and "counter-act" - the former, on your turn, you add an atom to a square that doesn't contain enemy atoms; whenever a square contains at least as many atoms as it has orthogonal neighbours, it "explodes", transferring one atom to each orthogonal neighbour and converting all atoms in those squares to match the new atoms' colour - possibly triggering a chain reaction. You lose when an explosion removes the last atoms of your colour. The latter could be played with a Reversi set - you start with two pieces in opposite corners of the board, and on your turn can either move one of your pieces anywhere 2-squares away (reachable with two king's moves but not with one - ignoring the intervening square) or add a new piece adjacent to one of your existing pieces (a king's move away). Any enemy pieces adjacent to the square you play into are flipped to your side - so, in theory, you could capture 8 pieces in one move by jumping a piece into a hole in the middle of your opponent's pieces.

lorb

Postby lorb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:38 am UTC

There is a few flash games to my name.
Game-wise they are not really very original. Imho the best thing about them is that in making them I only used software that is free and open source and so are all the resources (music, art) that I used. Proof that you don't need closed source, commercial programs to create flash games. Debugging is a little annoying and there is no decent profiler ... but that's not too much of a hindrance. Here's a link if you are curious:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/bluesummer
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
http://decodedarfur.org/

sweeneyrod

Postby sweeneyrod » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:39 pm UTC

Inspired by http://xkcd.com/91/ I made a text based shooter game.

You can find it here - https://github.com/sweeneyrod/quork.

(Requires Python)

Dmytry

Postby Dmytry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 am UTC

The Polynomial, see my signature. A 3d space shooter game with too few enemy types, and the big fraction of the playerbase just using it to chill out. Self written game engine in C++ and a bit of Lua (probably not the best idea if you just want to make a game). Making a sequel with more (and massive revamping of the gameplay), but it's not going very fast because we got a baby very much on the way.

Return to “Gaming”