Brag to me and I shall listen

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Kerberos

Re: Brag to me and I shall listen

Postby Kerberos » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:05 pm UTC

Although perhaps not as amazing as beating an Antlion Guardian with only a crowbar, I'm proud of my ability to beat the Nova Prospekt Antlion in Hllf-Life 2 on my first time using my brain instead of (most of) my hit points. I made a few little illustrations too.

As I was walking into the Antlion room, I noticed that jumping down was the only way in, and there was no visible way back. "Hm," said I, "That seems mighty suspicious. I bet that as soon as I jump down, the whole place will flood with Combine and I'll get killed ten different ways at once. Let's make an escape route."

So, I whipped out my gravity gun and sucked over the big crates. Then I hopped onto one (and since I wasn't touching the floor, the Antlion didn't come out) to get a tiny bit closer to the barrels, and then I brought those over too. After a few minutes of work, I made a staircase out of them that let me hop back up to the entrance. Then I cautiously stepped out onto the floor, and the Antlion came at me. So I fled up my staircase, taking a couple of hits on the way, but managed to jump over the railing to safety! Then I threw submachine gun bullets, grenades, and rockets at the Antlion until it fell down.

Illustrated version:
Spoiler:

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:04 pm UTC

I love games that let you do things many different ways instead of forcing you to do it he way the programmers want you to do it.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

Kerberos

Postby Kerberos » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm UTC

Yeah, I wonder if you're supposed to be able to do that. It was certainly nice that the barrels were just barely close enough to grab with the gravity gun. (If you're standing on the ledge, you can't get them, but if you hop down onto a crate, you can.) The world may never know!

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 am UTC

so i was playing halo for the first time on the computer (still can't do console fps') anddd two of my friends are really good at halo, one is just.. good at games in general.

we all played at this internet cafe, and the three of them were having an almost-fight (ie, shots fired, near misses, nobody out in open but everyone knows where everyone is) andd I charged up mah trusty plasma pistol, ran and jumped over them (i forget what map it was, but there was a bridge (where i was) over some crates (where they were)) killed one with the pistol as i started to jump, switched to an assault rifle mid jump, killed a second as i was falling to the ground, killed the third as I landed--and between his shotgun and the fall, I had no sheild and 1 bar of health.
never been able to duplicate it. i still suck at halo.

one time in wow as a prot warrior I soloed two rogues. Yay for warrior evasion (commendation of kaelthas+moroes lucky pocket watch+shield wall + last stand + health pot = LOL)
another time in an arena I was prot for some reason (almost always i'm arms). It was a lame mage/rogue comp and me and my druid buddy kileld the rogue but my druid was totally out of mana. Then the mage killed my druid while I was fighting, he spammed poly on me, I still had hella rage. Poly has 5 seconds left and he starts casting pyroblast. I start to pray, hoping I have enough rage--and I did. Poly ended, I put up spell reflected, it reflected his ridiculous 4k pyroblast, and then I won.
uhhhh fuck.

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 pm UTC

I can't believe I forgot the proudest moment of MY LIFE: 5 starring Freebird on GH2. Now someone's gonna come out and say they full-comboed it on their first try and I'll have to go and hang myself.

Return to “Gaming”