Dead Rising

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Amnesiasoft

Re:

Postby Amnesiasoft » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:39 pm UTC

BioSehnsucht wrote:and the fact that there's always side missions popping up and doing everything in one play through is essentially impossible

Oh, it's possible. You can't get the achievement Transmissionary without doing every single side quest.

i like pi wrote:That must have been fucked up. When I went for the achievement, my car broke down and I couldn't find another one.

I found the best way was to use the truck and just go down to the turn in the tunnel, then reverse. The mass o' zombies should have respawned. Repeat. Truck breaks>Enter meat processing area>Go back out>Repeat.

The truck also makes a great weapon against the convicts (seriously, I rammed the side of their vehicle and managed to run over one of them that way XD)

i like pi

Re: Dead Rising

Postby i like pi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:56 pm UTC

That'll be a great help. I thank you, master Amnesiasoft.
Or something to that effect. Hell, I don't know.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:54 pm UTC

Irrefutable wrote:Firstly the infinate supply of battle axes is worth a mention in the antique shop. Like katanas but bigger and cooler.

I think I found my new favorite weapon :D

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:20 pm UTC

Finally beat the guy in the gun shop. I had to hop behind the counter, pick up whatever I could, ended up with a sniper rifle, hid behind the display, peeking out to get a couple shots.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Have you fought the Vietnam vet yet? guy was too tough for me so i had to leave him alone.

Also i dont know if anyone has got there yet but the guy who lobs molotovs at you who gets set on fire at the end, im sure theres a way of saving him as there is afire extinguisher next to him, i could just never work it out
One day something wity and original will appear here

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

He died more quickly when I shot him with the fire extinguisher.

Outlaw Ralph

Postby Outlaw Ralph » Tue May 06, 2008 4:54 am UTC

I saved that guy by aiming the extinguisher at his butt, afterwards he can give you molotovs in the security room

The easiest way to kill the special forces guys in overtime is to use disembowal on them, their guts don't come out though :evil:

have you tried mixing things to make smoothies. one of them turns your spit into bullets.

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 pm UTC

I've had zombait and quickstep. Also, special forces guys? Anyone want to explain that?

DarkKnightJared

Postby DarkKnightJared » Wed May 07, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

One of the main reasons why I want to get a 360. :D

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed May 07, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

Played it for a little at my brother-in-law's place. Why do the weapons vanish? I mean, I can understand the gun "vanishing" when you run out of ammo as you just chuck it to the side because it's worthless. But the lead pipe? The hell?

And why the hell is a soccer ball more effective than a lead pipe? The hell kind of crazy logic is that?!

I now lust for the game, though. After playing for an hour. God-damnit.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Benitosimies

Postby Benitosimies » Thu May 08, 2008 2:32 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Played it for a little at my brother-in-law's place. Why do the weapons vanish? I mean, I can understand the gun "vanishing" when you run out of ammo as you just chuck it to the side because it's worthless. But the lead pipe? The hell?

And why the hell is a soccer ball more effective than a lead pipe? The hell kind of crazy logic is that?!

I now lust for the game, though. After playing for an hour. God-damnit.

I was just going to say the soccer ball is my favorite weapon.

Otis wrote:The quest part pisses me off. It's ridiculous that you have to adhere so closely to the schedule. It kind of ruins the whole "do whatever you want" feel it has going for it.

The zombie killing is awesome though. Good times.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=205

Two things I hate about this game:
1) You get extra points for pictures of zombie titties.

2) It takes 30 headshots to kill a human. What the hell.
For example if I shoot Carlito in the balls he should be crawling and spewing, not just... walkin around like he wasn't just shot in the balls. It's also irritating not being able to take out those psychos driving in the courtyard, the ones who are all like "I DID IT AWL FOR THA NOOKIE! come on THE NOOKIE come on THE NOOKIE!" when you shoot them sumbitches in the occipital lobe. Whaaaaat. This is number one rule of bullets, violated.
On the other hand, a zombie that has no feelings, no mind, no pain and can be basically considered a walking tree trunk gets killed with a damn jumpkick.

And that
Spoiler:
cultist
guy who is friggin unstopping so you have to kill him by
Spoiler:
running past him and whacking him with a running knife or sword attack (don't remember which) and basically run circles around him
like fifty fuckin times, capcom.
хлэб и Воля

Allium Cepa

Postby Allium Cepa » Thu May 08, 2008 3:01 am UTC

This game is a lot more fun when you shout out really bad puns that would be appropiate for a live-action movie while you are killing.

And be kidnapped by the cultists and special forces guys is probably the most annoying thing in any game I've ever played.
Take me back to the day that I went blind, I would like to see your face for one last time.

Irrefutable

Postby Irrefutable » Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 pm UTC

The dificulty curve of the game is insane, you spend the first hour joking around, finding cool new weapons and having a ball.

However the moment you pick up some survivors it turns into one of the tougest and most stressful games you will ever play.

It took me about 7 goes to get those 3 people out of the fitness area alive, one of whom is incapable of walking, when i did i was on cloud 9 but jesus christ was it tough (on the 3rd time i was in the final area and i accidentally shot the girl in the head).

I don't know about the rest of ya but i never picked up survivors from then on, that first one was enough for me,
One day something wity and original will appear here

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Fri May 09, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

Hey, I keep hearing "Special Forces Guys" and I might know what your talking about, since that one person turned into a zombie, but I haven't played far enough to know the difficulty of killing them yet.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Fri May 09, 2008 4:46 pm UTC

i like pi wrote:but I haven't played far enough to know the difficulty of killing them yet.

They have machine guns. They are immune to headshots. They are quite vulnerable to disembowlment and face smashing.

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Mon May 12, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Yeah, I finished overtime yesterday. Brock was friggin' tough. Any tips for infinite?

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Mon May 12, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

i like pi wrote:Any tips for infinite?

If you're going for the 7 Day Survivor Achievement: Be prepared to leave your 360 running for 14+ hours. You can not save.
Also, be level 50.
Also, read the Infinite Mode Survival Guide.

Return to “Gaming”